Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 08:41 PM   #166  

Height: 5'7"

Melissa, with this many contacts to Hospice, you have GOT to get this job!
Old 11-23-2005, 08:42 AM   #167  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow! No message here since 7:41 last night. Very unusual. I just wanted to say good morning to you all before I go to read and see how far behind I am. I ended up falling asleep on the couch last night for so long that I couldn't go to sleep when it was time to go to bed. So I laid in bed from 11:45 until about 2:00 trying to fall asleep. I should have gotten up and come here but I was determined to sleep. I finally did and this morning I feel better. I'm actually thinking that the antibiotic is helping. I don't understand why since everyone keeps telling me that what is wrong with me is not bacterial. I'll be grilling my Internist about his when I get back to him. I understand that I cannot be on antibiotics forever but I sure don't understand what is going on. I plan to enjoy the easing of the discomfort for now and not ask any more questions!

I sure hope you're all well. I'm going to go read now and find out!
Old 11-23-2005, 08:47 AM   #168  

Good morning, chicks! You guys are starting to worry me ... what with me being the last one to post yesterday (and not even that late-- 7:41!!) and now the first one back.

Well, Judd and I had to ride together this morning, so I didn't get to stop for my morning coke. I'll call that a blessing in disguise! I'm about to make my cup of maltomeal now and brought my sweet potato to bake in the microwave. I'm off to a fairly good start, I think! Which is good because yesterday the scale was 151.2 and this morning it was 154.4! WTH??? I know better than to put any merit in a day-to-day weight so I'm going to ignore that 154 thing until next Monday morning. If it's still up, I'll have to sit myself down for a talk.

What's everybody doing?
Old 11-23-2005, 08:47 AM   #169  

Well, thank goodness someone surfaced! Good morning, Vickie!
Old 11-23-2005, 09:09 AM   #170  
Melissa

I'm here too! Morning!
CELEBRATION: Today is my last day of work until December 5!!!

Kathy, thanks for the good words. I am just hoping that they have a position available for me!

Vickie, I'm so glad that you are feeling somewhat better, even if you don't know why.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:23 AM   #171  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow...that was alot to read!

Angela, I'd love to have your turkey burger recipe. I can't wait to check out the minestrone. Jim loves that and it is certainly soup season in the midwest. How's the potty training going? My Great Nephew is 2 1/2 and they are starting to train him now. He seems to like the idea but it's not going very productively yet! I'm glad to hear that you are back on Core and feeling good.

Frouf, Cassie's beard is clean and smelling sweet again. She did NOT like the experience but she is a sweet dog and put up with it. I hope Emily enjoyed her day. It sounds like you were very good to her despite the fact that she often isn't very nice to you and DH. Your presentation will be marvelous. I have faith in you. When do you leave?

Speaking of dogs......Kathy....how's Zuki? How did his surgery go? Is he home and fixed once and for all? Is your portrait still on for today?

Sandra, where are you? I hope you aren't frozen half way between the hot tub and the house. That cake sounds fabulous. I could NOT have made that and then not eaten it. Good for you.

Patti, Congratulation on your restraint at the birthday lunch.

Melissa, did you go to work today? If you did, you much only have about 5 hours left? How are you feeling after your blowout with the Boss. Did she have anything more to say today? If she's a bully (and it sounds like she is) then maybe things will be better. Bullies usually back off once confronted. I'm praying for the Hospice job to come through. It's starting to sound like you have a great chance at getting something since you have all of these different folks willing to vouch for you. All that, and going back to school? Great! And, you're 188. As my friend Sandra says, Life is Good!

Well, I've got to go do laundry and make cranberries and a crustless pumpkin pie. I had pizza last night in a moment of weekness and self pity. I'm back on program today but my scale was VERY up this morning. No surprise. I'll be fine.

Talk to you all later.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:28 AM   #172  

Zuki didn't have to have surgery on Monday. The vet put a catheter in to see if there was a blockage but I don't know what he found out because all he said (Judd took him so I got this report secondhand) is that we were to bring him back today. He's there now. I think they were maybe doing a culture of some sort. Also, the vet said he might want to try some "take your mind off your weiner" medicine, like a doggy Prozac or something, before he does more surgery. Zuki was excited to get to go for a ride this morning, but was barking pretty hard when Judd walked out. Judd said he's glad he never had kids because he wouldn't be able to leave them anywhere if they carried on like that.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:30 AM   #173  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm not sure whether or not his not having surgery is a good thing. I guess time will tell, huh? Doggy prozac.....sheesh....who knew?!
Old 11-23-2005, 11:31 AM   #174  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Red face

YAY MELISSA - have a super great fun-filled relaxing holiday w/lots of turkey!

Kathy - sounds like a freak scale incident - I sure things will "regulate" themselves soon! Good luck w/your core diet plan today!

Vickie - sorry about the insomnia - I always hate when that happens. But I'm glad you are getting some kind of relief!

I had a big eating fest last night - it was so weird cuz while I was eating I did not feel that full (but not that I think about it I probably did not even stop eating to "check" on my satisfaction level), but once finished I was so full and bloated! Then of course went home and did have some ice cream cake - so today I did not dare get on the scale - and trying not to pig out at all!

The food at this japanese place was great and of course by the time we got there and ordered and started to eat it was after 7 pm so I was famished. I had a nice bowl of miso soup, some salad (just lettuce) w/ginger dressing. My main meal was steak and shrimp with all those veggies on the grill (onions, mushrooms, zucchini, bean sprouts) and some white rice - and gotta love those dipping sauces (ginger and sesame). I cleaned my plate so was able decline the ice cream/sherbet that came with the meal (but as you can see I made up for it at home!).

Dd was very happy with all her presents (the spoiled brat ) and I tried not to complain too much about her messy room, bathroom, etc. She did not end up inviting any friends to join us!

Starting to pack (need to do laundry first) and get ready for travel tomorrow pm to Toronto - I think I will be stressed and have trouble sleeping so I am trying to focus on the fun times w/my gf once the speaking engagement is over. I dare not drink anything during the cocktail time before my presentation - how cute to have the speaker w/slurred speech hanging onto the podium so she doesn't slip to the floor - ha ha ha

Later,

Frouf
Old 11-23-2005, 01:30 PM   #175  

Afternoon chickies,
we're in the middle of yet another snow storm here,,,,,got to work this morning, but its not looking good for tonight. I have to decide at 4. It sure would be nice to stay at home and relax. Dh is working night shift so I can sit and do whatever I want..haha. PMS is rearing its ugly head too so I need some time to myself.
Vickie, I sure hope this it a turn in the bend for you and you start feeliing better. Crossing my fingers.
Kathy, *take your mind off your weiner* medicine...hahahahaha almost choked on my hot choc on that one!! I wonder if that works on men too......... (grin)
Melissa,,,,,I hope that means your going tospend lots of time here...hope it dosnt fly by and you get to have some fun.
No snow for you today Froufy?? wow I was watching the weather channel and it looked like everyone across Canada was getting hit today!!
Going to hit the couch with a good book.......
have fun today everyone!
Old 11-23-2005, 01:51 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

hi, all. A quick check-in to let you know that I'm still hanging in there. Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!

dannyb
Old 11-23-2005, 03:37 PM   #177  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I just popped in to say hello and check in on you all. I'm baking my crustless pumpkin pie right now to take with to my Sister's tomorrow. I'm also making and bringing Core thousand island salad dressing so Jim and I can have FF dressing on our salads. I'm supposed to be bringing fresh splenda cranberry sauce. I made a recipe on our board but it's looking like a miserable failure. It's very soupy even though I doubled the cranberries but not the water. When I put the splenda in, it made a pinky foamy coating on top. I put in the sf cranberry jello so maybe that will help. It may end up in the garbage. Mostly it was for me so if it doesn't turn out, I'm the only one who will be disappointed. I just don't get it. Oh Well! Life goes on.

I'm RAVENOUS today and cranky. I'm sure it's partially because I ate pizza yesterday but it is also because of PMS. Sheesh. Look out tomorrow. I have intentions to eat all Core except for stuffing but the way I'm feeling right now I could get into some trouble. But, I'm happy that my plumbing still feels improvement.

Frouf, good luck on your trip and try not to be too nervous. I DO understand since I would always be a nervous wreck before each presentation. I think it's great that you are focused on the fun time afterwards to help get you through the difficult moments if there are any. Remember, you're the expert on your subject. That's why the invited YOU! Know one knows as much as you about your topic. I think your decision to avoid alcohol is a good one....at least until after your presentation. A drunken Froufie with a microphone might be dangerous! I'm proud of you for the great job you did at the restaurant. It IS possible to eat out and remain Core or nearly Core.

Patti, we got snow here in Chicago too but I'm sure no where near as much as Canada. I hope you are happily snuggled on your couch right now. I have to go back to cooking. Gotta make that salad dressing.

I'm cooking dinner tonight too, but it's just steak and salad and veggies and bake potatoes. No big recipe to follow.

I'll probably stop by again a little later.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:54 PM   #178  

I'm off to the portrait session. Ugh ... wish me luck because I'm sure going to need it! I HATE PICTURES!
Old 11-23-2005, 04:48 PM   #179  
focused and aiming

kathy, i'm glad you're not letting the number on the scales get to you.

melissa, i saw over on the challenge thread where you weighed 188 today. woo hoo, girl!! and you're off till the 5th!

vickie, the ice cream cake was surprisingly easy to turn down. it didn't look good. sort of a leaning tower of pisa. curtis says it tastes good, but i am still resisting. go to pizzafree.com and check out their little pizzas. they are 3 pts each. if you add burger and veggies to it, it's still 3 pts core. i order them 2 boxes at a time.

frouf, i'm so glad ya'll had the good evening out together. i wouldn't worry about the scales. that was a very special occasion. have a good trip.

patti, we have just a dusting of snow but there's frost everywhere. we've been fogged in by an inversion since friday. sure is pretty. enjoy your book.

hi, danny, i was wondering about our rooster. i hope all is well with you. keep hanging in there. we are, too.

vickie, this is a hard time to stay op, isn't it? i hope i'm half as strong as you tomorrow.

kathy, i keep thinking about that "raymond" episode. sorry, i can't help but giggle. there's an article about me in yesterday's cleburne's times review . i just got a phone call from a gf saying she saw it. i didn't know if you could get a cleburne paper or not. i thought judd might like to see it. the same article is coming out in the alvarado star either this week or next week.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:16 PM   #180  
Melissa

I can't believe that the boards are going to be closed tomorrow and there's no one here!!

Vickie, thanks for all of your kind words. I'm SO thankful to be on vacation now. I need one so badly. The confrontation with my boss was not pretty yesterday but at least I stood up to her. And she did not come in today, so at least it was less stressful today. It sounds like you were busy today. I hope that you have a wonderful holiday with your family.

Kathy, I'm feeling so sorry for poor Zuki! Such a small pup to have such big problems! I hope that the portrait session wasn't too painful today.

Frouf, I hope that you have a wonderful time on your trip. And I agree, no drunken Froufs! It sounds like you had a good time with dd's bday and that you ate well, too!

Patti, I hope that you're all snowed in on your couch and relaxing!

Sandra, look at you, making headlines across the US!! And thanks for the whoo-hoo. I appreciate it!
Closed Thread