Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 02:46 PM   #256  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hmmmmm.....now it changed? Gremlins for sure!
Old 11-12-2005, 04:19 PM   #257  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow! I came here for a break and there's nothing to read but my own messages! LOL! Back to applesauce and pre-dinner preparation. Bummer.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:34 PM   #258  

Height: 5'7"

Well ... home from work finally! I just don't like working on Saturday but I guess sometimes there's no choice. We have the customer (Air Force) in all next week for testing, and all lessons have to be perfect.

Tonight I'm making that turkey veggie chili (I think it's posted in the recipe forum) and am so excited. Good grief, what a simple life I must have to get excited over chili! But I'll take it. Judd has decided he absolutely doesn't feel well enough to go with the group to Simply Fondue. I know our big boss will understand because she loves him so much and is very sympathetic right now. There are only about 6 people on B-2 (and we are a very large program) who associate with the biggie outside of work, and two of them are us. We've been with her for the last 15 years thru losing and re-winning these military contracts, so she knows us and what we can do. Okay, enough of that.

Now, for something totally off topic, I am so thankful that we were lucky enough to get our baby Zuki. He is SUCH a good boy. He's still having wankie problems, but I'm sure we can get it taken care of. It breaks my heart that the people who had him didn't care enough to go looking for him. We got him from the pound.

Nothing else going on here though. Judd is talking to his brother in Virginia Beach, we're watching college football and I'm about to start sewing again.

Happy Saturday evening to everyone! I'm not working tomorrow so I'll be here! Yippee!
Old 11-12-2005, 05:16 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 272/245/174

Height: 5'10

Hi, everyone!

Made an almost all-core lasagna today. Bought some whole wheat lasagna noodles and modified the the recipe on the box, using the extra lean ground beef and fat free mozzarella, ricotta, and cottage cheese (recipe called for just cottage cheese, but I used 1/2 ricotta).

I say "almost" all core, because the recipe called for parmegian cheese, which I did add (freshly grated), but in significantly less than the quantity called for. I'll treat each serving as a point, although it is surely less than that when the core ingredients aren't counted.

It tasted good - not great. The all skim mozzarella is a poor substitute. Next time, I'll use part-skim; it'll taste and melt better. The WW pasta will take some getting used to. Anyway, here is the recipe in case anyone wants to try it - makes 8 good size servings.

1 lb extra lean ground beef (or can substitute turkey)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups canned tomato
2 6 oz cans tomato paste
8 oz whole wheat lasagna noodles
1 1/2 cup FF cottage cheese
1 1/2 cup FF ricotta cheese
1 lb skim or part-skim mozzarella
3 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
1 tbs dried sweet basil
2 eggs, beaten
4 tbs grated parmegian cheese

Slowly brown ground beef over low flame
When fully browned, drain

Add tomatoes, tomatoe paste, garlic, basil, 1 tbs of parsley, and salt & pepper to taste. Break up whole tomatoes into smaller pieces. Simmer w/out covering for 30 minutes

While simmering, bring 4 quarts water to full boil and boil lasagna noodles for 7 minutes. Drain noodles in collander (do not rinse)

Combine remaining ingredients except mozzarella in a bowl and stir together.

In 9X13X2 pan, place 1/2 of lasagna noodles on bottom. Cover w/ 1/2 of cheese mixture and spread evenly. Place 1/2 of meat mixture on top and spread. Cover w/ 1/2 of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers in same order w/ remainder of ingredients.

Bake in 375 oven for 30 minutes.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:40 PM   #260  

oh suezanne helped me on the help board.....i can see all the new threads now! whew
Old 11-12-2005, 06:20 PM   #261  

Patti -- I'm glad she could help. Suzanne is so nice and has helped me with lots of things.

Danny, that lasagna sounds GREAT! I often tweak recipes and even though it doesn't exactly taste like the real thing, it tastes good. I'll be trying this as soon as Judd reaches his goal and lets me start cooking regular dinners!!
Old 11-12-2005, 06:58 PM   #262  

OMG, this can't be good. A little girl just delivered a vat of cookie dough that I ordered in a weak moment (a few months ago too!) -- M&M cookies. I'm making some now but Heaven help me stay out of them.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:14 PM   #263  
Melissa

Vickie, so good to see you back! I'm glad that you have been busy with some fun things lately. I'm sorry that you are still not feeling well but hopefully the meds will continue to help and you will see the doc asap.

Danny, it sounds like you are being very creative and doing well. I don't personally care for lasagna so I'm not much help there.

Kathy, Stay away from those cookies! OK, maybe one. I'm glad that you don't have to go to work tomorrow. Sounds like you guys are having a nice relaxing evening.

Well I think I've convinced DH to go for a walk tonight. I'm going to do some stuff around the house and then walk. Had a good day today with my friend and the baby.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:28 PM   #264  
Kim

Smile

I'm having a great day so far. No exercise, but eating is going very well.

Kathy-I know exactly what you mean about being consistent for a month and reaching your goal. If I could do it for 2 months I could reach mine. I get so frustrated at myself sometimes. I wonder if I should cut my calories down to 1200 too. I just get so hungry. I wonder if I haven't been giving myself long enough to adjust to the low calories. I'm also planning on making the turkey chili tomorrow. I like it a lot. If you resist those cookies, you're a lot stronger than me. I definitely couldn't resist cookies from the oven. I did resist a bunch of bakery cookies last night at work. I was even shocked at myself. I really feel motivated now. You ladies are helping me.

Thanks Melissa!

Danny-The recipe sounds good. If it has more than 4 ingredients, it's too hard for me, hehe.

Vicki-I'm afraid to cruise and fly. I guess I'm a nutcase too. I love Smuckers peanut butter. I try to always have a jar in the fridge. My eating's going great, by the way, thanks for asking. Tomorrow will be the super hard day for me. It's always Sundays for some reason. Over the past year, I can't tell you how many times I've eaten so well all week, then binged on Sunday to the extent that the whole week of dieting had been for nothing. I pray that I have some self control tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:32 PM   #265  
Southside White Sox Fan

Danny, I made a Core lasagne too. I think the recipe is on our site. I used soy blend cheese which was mozarella, romano and parmesan. I used that blend for the parmesan replacement. I was pretty happy with mine, especially since it was all Core. I'm pretty stingy with my points. Mine didn't call for cottage cheese, just ricotta. I actually converted a personal favorite recipe to Core. Let me know what you think.

Kathy, if it was me, you'd have to say BACK AWAY FROM THE COOKIE DOUGH! I know you though, you'll be able to resist. Chili sounds good. I've been making my chicken one alot. I actually have a taste for the old time, ground sirloin one. I think I'll make it next week with some Core cornbread. Jim is also requesting Cola Chicken and oven fries (thanks Angela!). We really feel like we are getting something great when we eat those fries. Zuki doesn't need more surgery, does he? Poor boy. I never had a rescue but I would certainly consider one.

Well, I've just finished eating dinner and I'm already thinking about what else I want to eat. Not a good sign. I'm not hungry but I just want more.

I'll talk with you all tomorrow. Jim rented 3 movies so I'll be on the couch watching those tonight. I remember Bewitched and Aviator but I don't remember the third one.

Have a great Saturday evening!

Hey, Melissa. You and Aaron have a great walk. I wish I could get back on my treadmill. Soon....I hope! I just cooked dinner and Jim told me to go sit down. I feel worse when I stand for a while.

Patti, I thought you had gremlins. What ended up being the problem?
Old 11-12-2005, 07:37 PM   #266  

Hey all you Smuckers! Have you tried the Simply Jif? It's lower in everything than regular PB but doesn't have to be stirred. That just gagged me big time.

I'm nearly done with the cookies and so far I haven't had one.

I swear, I could eat that turkey veggie chili 3 times a day. It's that good.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:39 PM   #267  
Southside White Sox Fan

Does the Simply Jif have as little sugar as the Smuckers Natural? Good for you on the cookies. I'm going to go look for the turkey veggie chili recipe. I don't remember you posting one.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:40 PM   #268  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kim, have you figured out why Sundays are a problem? It might be worth investigating. Is it emotional or maybe a lack of planning? Just a thought. Oh Yeah....I don't like to fly either. It takes xanax to get me on the plane. You and I are a pair!
Old 11-12-2005, 07:47 PM   #269  

Vickie, I think he might need surgery again. The partial amputation must not have worked, so I think sometime in the near future he'll have to have a complete amputation. It's not like he pees out of that thing anyway; he has his new opening out back.

We can't find anything on TV tonight to watch during basketball commercial breaks, so I might be lurking here more often than not!
Old 11-12-2005, 07:48 PM   #270  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hmmmm.....Simply Jif has less calories but more sugar. I couldn't find ingredients for Simply Jif, just nutritional information. Smuckers said just peanuts and salt. I didn't like having to stir it either but was willing to put up with it since I though that was all that was out there. Is the Simply Jif really creamy, Kath? Because the Smucker always was a trifle grainy. Probably about 4 points for 2 Tablespoons but it might be worth it some day. I used to like dipping a royal gala apple in peanut butter while on Southbeach.
Closed Thread