Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 10:42 AM   #316  

Height: 5'7"

Deserts, Melissa. Remember what Aaron wrote about them -- you're in one but it can't last forever. Just keep praying, and we will too. You need a change in the worst way. And I hope the tummy starts cooperating very soon.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:14 PM   #317  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, I think your tummy upset is related to your job. Stress can make us sick. I think you should do whatever it takes to find a new one. In the meantime, I'll be praying too.

Thanks, Kathy. I'm sorry to be such a baby. I know you've had some horrible medical experiences and I should just be a big girl.....but I'm not!

Frouf, I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt but very happy for you that her passing will bring some help to your life. If it was me, I'd pay off all the bills, save a bit and take a small vacation or buy something cool that I'd been wanting for a while. I absolutely would not use it to give DH a cushion. Shame on him. I think you should tell him like it is. He needs to get a job.....any job....and if he's burnt out in his field he should work at Targe or Walmart. Not setting a very good example for your DS.

Kim, I weigh in every day too. I only record my progress once a week though. I'm like you. I HAVE to get on to see how I'm doing. I love it when it's down and hate it when it's up.

Well, what do I know. I lost 2 pounds this week, which brings me back to 44.8 down. I'm still .6 over my lowest point but I think that's great considering I haven't been able to exercise for the last month. If I can just keep hanging in there until all this testing is done. I can't wait to feel great again.

I'm waiting for the Doctor to call. Then out for lunch and my shopping trip to Walmart. It's been 6 weeks since I was there and I usually go monthly. I'm running out of everything.

Talk to you all later.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:43 PM   #318  
Kim

Wow. It's great to be up during the day on a Monday and feel good and rested. I'll be glad when I finish school and can work some normal hours and still make enough money.

Vicki-I don't blame you for dreading the tests. I'd feel the same way. Have fun shopping!

Melissa-I said a prayer for you.

Kathy-Happy day to you too! No, not too much info for me. Sounds like it's healing nicely though. Just want to make sure there are no s/sx of infection.

Frouf-Dreaded PMS!!!! I would agree that 1 year is a nice, long break already. I would be depressed if I was sitting at home and not working too. I haven't had good experiences with men so I probably need to keep my opinions to myself, hehe. (No offense Danny)
Old 11-14-2005, 01:16 PM   #319  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Wow Vickie!! Good for you - looks like the scale is still cooperating - despite your lack of exercise - only goes to show your strong commitment to the program! Have fun at Walmart!

I love your idea of spending the money on myself! ha ha ha (and paying off some bills of course!) Big ds has been asking for a new office chair for his desk/bedroom (since getting his new laptop) and I have been putting it off - so the $$ will help me get these things without getting overly stressed about it.

I agree Kim that 1 year off should be enuf? Glad you got some much needed rest! I am nursing a bit of a headache myself due to lack of sleep - may go home early if it does not subside!

NOW FOR THE GREAT NEWS! for dh on the job front. Got a call this morning from his friend/gov contact. If you recall he did do a small contract job for this fellow/dept in the spring (about 6 weeks for $9k) and they really like what he did. Anyhow - looks like they might have some more funding and are considering doing another project and may ask dh to do it! (he called to see if dh was still availabe!). Hopefully this will be a bigger and better contract!

Even better the tech guy who dh worked with on this contract has since retired and his position is now open. They are not sure how they are going to staff it but dh had enuf sense to say he was interested (even tho as an engineer he would probably be over-qualified). I told him it would be great if he got his foot in the door no matter what - and if a true "engineer" job showed up he would be right there - first in line so to speak!

This call was so timely cuz dh was very upset about how things are going and how stressed I am about his "situation". I sure hope this pumps him up a bit, and that things work out in his favor. He seems quite excited and happy about the project work so this would be motivating for him! Keeping all fingers and toes crossed.

So if work starts in January I said would you now consider going on a holiday? He still seems hesitant and I guess he won't make the commitment until he knows for sure - so I guess I will be lying on some warm beach without him? I know my little 7 yr old traveller would love to go with me (still think dd will not be interested?) and the 19 yr old has exams til dec 22 so that might not work out depending on when we go? I shall go do some research!

Frouf

P.s. Yes i had one chocolate brownie that a co-worker brought in - I think the PMS monster made me have it - and you know what it wasn't that good (and luckily I had already had my yummy lunch and big red apple so tummy is pretty full!)
Old 11-14-2005, 01:34 PM   #320  
Kim

That's awesome news Frouf!!! I hope the job works out for him. I can totally relate to the chocolate cravings. I get them even when I'm not PMSing although they haven't been as bad since I switched to low carb/core.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:08 PM   #321  

Afternoon chickies
Froufy I would never send snow to you.........:P but better you then me! we have enough here now..haha I hope your dh gets this job,,,I think it will be better for all of you. AND I dont think Vickie meant for you to buy your DS a CHAIR....buy yourself something! You deserve it.
Kimberly do you work nights all the time?? or is it shift work...glad you had a normal day today...

Vickie,,,,down 2 pounds......wow...your doing WAY better then you think!! Maybe eating well is coming automatically now.
off to have some chicken here for supper then Ill be back on later.....
Old 11-14-2005, 05:49 PM   #322  
Melissa

Yeah Vickie!! I'm so proud of you.

Thanks Vickie, Kathy, and Kim for the thoughts and prayers.

I'm signing off for now. Going to do some housework, plan some recipes, and rest on the couch. I'll talk to you all later tonight or tomorrow.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:02 PM   #323  
Kim

Well, I just got home from the gym. I did 30 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill, then my back, shoulders, chest, and triceps. My son and I are getting ready to run some sprints and do abs. My eating is going really well today too. I might actually lose it this time.

Vicki-I'm sorry...somehow I missed that you'd lost 2 pounds. That's reason for celebration. WoooHooo!

Patti-My schedule is confusing because I work the weekend option which is I work 2 12 hour shifts and get paid for 32 hours with full benefits. I work those shifts on Friday and Sunday nights 7P-7A. That way I'm not too tired for church on Sundays. I work those 2 nights in the ICU. I also work an extra shift 3P-8P on Thursdays in the cardiac cath lab and try to pick up an extra 6:30am-3:00pm shift in the cath lab during the week if they need me. I usually end up actually working 32 hours, but get paid for 40. It works out good for my son and I but it's hard with switching back and forth between night shift and day shift.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:17 PM   #324  
focused and aiming

hi there. i'm behind again but i am here now. i have a question. last week i was on core for 5 days straight. i used few--very few because i was saving them--wpa's. by the 5th day i was extremely fatigued and weak. (i guess those two words go together, don't they/) i had a horrible time shooting my bow friday night at league. if you're tired and shaky it's hard to hold a bow steady.

i have congestive heart problems along with valvular heart disease. most of the time i am able to lead a fairly "normal" life; however, when i get tired--i get really tired, and it takes my body a long time for me to "bounce back."

here's my question: do any of you find yourselves getting tired because of eating core? i know core involves eating healthy foods. i'm just wondering if maybe i wasn't getting enough carbs or something. sounds like i'm whining here, doesn't it? what i'm hoping to find out is if there's something i'm doing wrong.

several times i've been doing well either on core or flex or even some other diet only to have extreme fatigue set in. do you think my body's fighting me or something?

i know going on the weekend trip took a lot out of me healthwise--but i got up feeling this tired last friday before the trip. today i'm just taking it easy trying to build up my energy. i hope i'm able to hold my bow steady tomorrow.
i will keep watching my fatigue and will double up on my heart meds if i need to. every now and then i have to do that.

okay enough whining from me.

kathy, your tapestry is beautiful. your il's are going to love seeing it. i know you're working hard for their coming and they will appreciate all you're doing.

vickie, what is "wicked"? is it a play? i have a travel agent friend today trying to locate more tickets for lion king. if she can get us some, i'm going with my daughter and 2 grands. it's hard to find tickets. i hope she can get some for us.

melissa!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am soooooo happy for you!!!!!! that's amazing, girl. you reached your goal well before thanksgiving. i applaud you!!!!!!!!!!! i hope you're feeling better today. your problems could be stress-related. are you still looking for different work?

frouf, i'm crying with you. that is so sweet that your aunt was able to help you from beyond. what a blessing!

kim, sounds like you had a good day yesterday. i'm glad you got to have some time for yourself.

frouf, legally the money is all yours and not part of your husbands. i think you might be wise to put it into some kind of separate account and just use it for emergencies and not let dh be tempted to further his "vacation." now here's my disclaimer: "do what you think is best."

vickie, congratulations on losing those 2 lbs. you are an amazing woman.

frouf, i just read your post about dh's job prospect. that's great news! i hope you can take your holiday soon. you all deserve it.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:20 PM   #325  
focused and aiming

hi, patti. it's snowing here now. sure is pretty outside. our back lr window looks over the valley below and mountains beyond. quite a picture.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:31 PM   #326  
Melissa

Sandra, would I ever love to see the view from your back porch!! Thanks for all of the exclamation points. I haven't reached my goal though, I would love to lose 4 more for thanksgiving. But I'm super happy to have seen 189, that's for sure. Now if I could just fit comfy into my size 14s, I would be really, really happy.
On to your fatigue question. Do you think you aren't eating enough of a certain food group, like carbs or protein? Sometimes if I try to eat too core-like I neglect carbs, I need a piece of bread with my lunch or something like that. Sometimes even eating something sweet helps me stay even-keel. I don't know what other advice to give you. I'm sure others will have better advice.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:44 PM   #327  
Southside White Sox Fan

I just have a minute and I only got to read all the posts. Jim is back with dinner so I have to go.

Sandra, here's the Wicked synopsis. It's sort of a Wizard of Oz Prequel. I LOVE the Wizard of Oz as does my 38 year old Niece. She and I and our two husbands are going together. Our tickets aren't until April 2 but we are in the second row center. I can't wait! I'll be back later. http://www.wickedthemusical.com/synopsis.htm
Old 11-14-2005, 07:37 PM   #328  
Kim

Sandra-I've found that usually when I've felt fatigued while I've been dieting, it has been from not getting enough carbs. Do you like oatmeal? Oatmeal is an excellent healthy carb boost that you could try if you start feeling this way again (and it's core). I would try that next time and if the oatmeal doesn't give you some energy, then it may be something else that you might need to look into, especially with your cardiac history.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:42 PM   #329  
Melissa

OK I am sitting here searching the net for jobs. Nothing. I keep trying to think of agencies where I can send in my resume, even if they aren't "hiring." I have gotten jobs like that before. If anyone thinks of anything, let me know.

A question for all of you dog lovers: Murphy has been scratching and licking himself a LOT lately. Moreso than usual. It is mostly around his "groin" area and hind legs. I don't really think it is fleas, maybe dry skin?? I don't know what to think. We haven't given him his flea meds for the past two months or so, because we never have in the cooler months. But maybe he needs them? He really isn't outside that much. Anybody have any experience with dogs with dry skin? I'm thinking about calling the vet, as he is just pitiful. Just thought I'd see if you all have any ideas.

I think we need a new board.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:29 PM   #330  
Melissa

OK I took it upon myself to start board 33.
Closed Thread