Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 06:09 PM   #256  
Melissa

Yeah, that's basically how I feel. Aaron and his dad are jumping it to see if it is the battery or something else. Still .
Old 09-11-2005, 06:38 PM   #257  

Oh my goodness! I bet you're so frustrated!!

I hope it's something very simple that will never, ever happen again!

Angela
Old 09-11-2005, 07:00 PM   #258  
Melissa

While Aaron and FIL have been working on the car, I needed something to occupy myself. So I looked through some recipes to see what I could make. I just tried Sandra's recipe for polenta cake thingies. They are really good! I put way too much pepper in them though, my nose was running. But they are really tasty. I highly recommend them for some bread-replacement therapy.

Sandra, I have a question. When I went to make my second "batch" of cakes the batter was so thick it was just chunky like there was no liquid at all. Did I just not put enough water in or do you have any idea what I did?
Old 09-11-2005, 08:07 PM   #259  
focused and aiming

melissa, i'm sorry about your car. i hope that never happens again. i can imagine how upset you both are.

you might try adding just a little boiling water. i don't know. i usually make all the cakes at once then "fry" them up. if the recipe makes 2 batches, i still form all the cakes at once while they are still workable. i don't know what to say except maybe add a bit of boiling water to sort of start over with the lo's.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:46 PM   #260  
Southside White Sox Fan

OH NO! Melissa, that is horrible news. I bet it's just the battery. I've heard that sometimes when they sit for a long time the battery discharges. If you only drove it for short local stops and starts you might have completely discharged the battery. Cars need to drive several miles (not sure how many) to recharge the battery. I'm hoping that's all it is. Once it recharges it should be fine. Batteries can be tested to tell you how much "recharge life" it has.

Angela, I never heard of Kluski noodles. Could there be a noodle that I've not heard of!

Sandra, glad you're here and ok. I wish we could have slept late. No sleeping in for us this week.

Well, dinner was fabulous and I'm roasting the second chicken now. I love my showtime rotisserie. Do you all have Rosebud farms chickens in your area? They are delicious, even better than Perdue.

I got my swim in. I was in from about 2:45 until 5:30, then I started to get real cold. It was hot today and hazy. It got 91 but the sun didn't seem as intense on my skin as it does in the middle of August. Does that make sense? Anyway, I enjoyed it and will be swimming tomorrow too but not until after weigh in, a lunch date, checking on my Sister's house and picking up my Niece's mail! Luckily I had meat sauce in the freezer so dinner will be a breeze!

Frouf, hope you're having fun!

Talk to you all later.

Last edited by Vickie; 09-11-2005 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:50 PM   #261  
focused and aiming

we don't have the rosebud farms chickens. i don't think we have perdue either. vickie, sounds like you have a full--fun day ahead tomorrow. here's for wi.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:53 PM   #262  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Sandra. I need them big time. It's not been a good week for me. I haven't really been bad with non-Core food, I've just eaten more quantity than I probably should have. Oh Well! Tomorrow at 10:00 begins a new week for me.

I'm really hoping to like the homestyle chicken barley soup. I ate a can of Progresso today and it was yuck. I used to eat it all the time at the beginning but I can barely stand it anymore. I still like the Healthy Choice split pea with ham. Fall will be soup season again.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:58 PM   #263  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, I figured out how to attach a picture but they are all too big and I don't know how to shrink them to attach them. I guess I'll keep playing with it.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:06 PM   #264  
focused and aiming

vicki, i need to get some of those soups. i made the chicken barley once but curtis doesn't like it. most of my casseroles have a "mexican food" flair.

i wish you the most success possible for a healthy wi tomorrow. i am starting anew tomorrow, too.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:14 PM   #265  
Melissa

Thanks ladies, but I have good news! They found out that the starter cable was loose, tightened it, and now it is working just fine! Shew! I think we may still have it checked out but what a relief.

Vickie, for tomorrow! No matter what w/i reveals you are still on the road to a healthier life, and that is what matters most. You have come so far! I'm glad that you got to swim today. I'm sure that will help your w/i as well.

Sandra, thanks for the tips. I really liked them. DH did too. I think I will make them again and use the griddle (I used a skillet tonight) and get them super thin and crispy. Very tasty though!

Kathy, I have always wondered how to put pictures into our posts as well (not a thumbnail, but the big pic). Could you give us a tutorial?

Well I guess I have dinner for tomorrow night. I made chicken and peppers in the crockpot last night (for tonight's dinner) but with all of the excitement we didn't eat it. So looks like I have a menu planned for tomorrow, which is always good!
Old 09-11-2005, 09:16 PM   #266  

Height: 5'7"

It seems like I posted a way to put a picture (size doesn't matter) but now I can't find it!

The painter just called with the schedule. Tomorrow is power washing, replacing boards, caulking, etc. Wednesday will be priming, and Thursday will be painting. I"ll have to be home for the priming and painting of the doors, so I'm thinking maybe I should just plan on working half days on M-W-Th. Since I worked some this weekend, I'm already 8 hours ahead. I guess we'll see ... but good grief, this is giving me a butt rash of gigantic proportions. NOT what I need right now!!

I had to go fill up with gas, so I went by the Chinese place and picked up some General Tso's chicken for dinner tonight and LO lunches tomorrow. For the others, I mean ... I have my mexican soup in the freezer to eat for work 4 days next week.

Clothes are all washed and prettied up for our company tomorrow. One of the pilots called a while ago and said they were on their way here, and which football game were "we" all going to watch when they got here??? Um ... hey, just go to your hotel and we'll see you in the morning!! LOL! Judd is their best friend since he used to be test director and had to "entertain" them everytime they were in town. That hasn't died off, even though he moved up from there. Oh well ... I'll just keep my own schedule and let the guys do their thing.

I'm watching Extreme Home Makeover right now and it's the story of Pfc. Lori Piestewa who was killed in that ambush where Jessica Lynch was captured. I had seen it before but it really is getting to me tonight for some reason. Maybe it's because of the 9-11 thing, but I'm feeling really protective of my country and my President right now. I hate that he's being dogged for a slow response to the Katrina situation ... something that he personally had no control over but is being held responsible for? I don't think so.

Last edited by Katpo; 09-11-2005 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:20 PM   #267  

Height: 5'7"

And please excuse me, because I usually don't discuss politics. I just feel strongly about this issue today in particular.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:22 PM   #268  
focused and aiming

kathy, i get upset, too. seems there's a lot of political bashing going on. guess heads would roll in most countries if stuff like this went on. i am proud of america and all the freedoms we enjoy. have a good evening. i'm proud of you for being so true to core even at your low weight.

melissa, that's good that the car is up and running. it's also good you have mon night dinner already made, too.

i'm off here now. i've been on the puter a long time trying to get archery tournament dates. now it's time to be with curtis. i'll be back tomorrow.

vickie.

Last edited by ontarget; 09-11-2005 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:25 PM   #269  
Southside White Sox Fan

This is a test to see if the picture of my Scottish Fold, Cameo and my Scottish Terrier, Cassie are attached.

Last edited by Vickie; 11-11-2006 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:26 PM   #270  
focused and aiming

i see'm!!!!!!!!! sooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread