Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 10:01 AM   #241  

Morning everyone,
My thoughts are for everyone who was affected by 9/11 , today.

We got home last night around suppertime, unpacked , played with the furbabies, made some supper, then watched tv..nice to have a quiet night. Today Im off to work this afternoon,,I dont normally work weekends but this is more of a PR thing,,so Im gone from noon till 4. Nice thing is I dont have to put in my extra hours this week. Stepped on the scale this morning and was up 2 pounds, I was disappointed in myself, but I have done much much worse damage on other trips. Back at it today,,,,we stopped at a farmers market on our way home and picked up potatoes, yellow beans, carrots, blueberries, green and red peppers,pickled beets and jam (for dh) yum yum. I got a ton of cukes in my greenhouse and my SIL gave me a bag full of tomatoes from her
garden,,,so I will be making salsa this week. I love fall!!
Melissa- nice car!!
Vickie- I was in bed at 11 last night,...another old fuddie duddie here!
Frouf- I think I will have to beat the sugar monster again this week,,,I thought he was under control but apparantly not
have to get ready here
ttyl
Old 09-11-2005, 10:09 AM   #242  
Southside White Sox Fan

Patti, welcome home! I'll try not to sweat the 2 pounds if you don't. Your veggie shopping spree sounds great. I wish I had a garden. Maybe next year! We have so many bunnies and I'm not sure how to keep them out. Maybe you and Angela can coach me in the spring. Good luck with the Sugar Monster. You can beat him.

I'm off to eat breakfast!
Old 09-11-2005, 12:07 PM   #243  
Southside White Sox Fan

I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure I'll love it. I saw a recipe for a Cherry Cheesecake smoothie on the WW Core website. I'll go post it on ours now. I'm sure it would also be great with strawberries or blueberries. I'll be trying it out on me and Jim before we go in the pool today.

I'm making Roasted chicken in my showtime rotisserie today. I'm making 2. One for dinner and I'll use the LO's from that and the whole second one to make chicken barley soup, chicken salad, and Jim can make chicken sandwhiches for lunch for the next couple of days. And....it won't heat up my kitchen! Sometimes I can be a smart girlie.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:14 PM   #244  

Good morning—

Not too much going on. We went to a social club that we belong to last night for a dinner/dance. They serve dinner Italian style…everything on big platters and you help yourself. This is a great way to be in control of my portions and selections. No one puts the food on my plate except me! I did very well. After dinner we danced and I drank water. It was interesting to watch some of my friends who ate and ate and drank and drank, especially two of my friends who are both overweight. I felt proud of myself.

I have a really busy work week ahead, so I may not be on here much. My thoughts and prayers to everyone effected by 9/11.

Melissa: Congrats on the new car! I know what you mean about it being a relief!

Angela: I’m keeping my fingers crossed for Jyl. I love the way she spells her name.

Patti: Congrats for only gaining 2 lbs while being on vacation! That’s really commendable.

Vickie: Enjoy swimming while the weather is still nice.

Kathy: Where do you work that you work on the weekends?

Frouf: The convention sounds like a lot of fun.

Sandra: Going out to the woods today?

Have a great day!

Vicki B.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:24 PM   #245  

Height: 5'7"

Vicki -- I work for L-3 Communications on a military contract for the B-2 stealth bomber. We have our customer (Air Force) in for meetings all next week and also have a few test events coming up, so I have to get some lessons ready for that. I do the instructional media that comes up on the screens in the trainer. It's hard to explain but it's sort of like driver's ed for B-2 pilots and maintainers.

Sounds like you did very well at the dinner last night! WTG! I know what you mean about feeling proud of self-control, especially when you see those around who really need it but seem oblivious to the fact.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:59 PM   #246  
Melissa

Hey chicks! Just checking in before we take a nap! Had to be at church at 7:30 this morning and just got home a few minutes ago. Our Sunday School class went to a mostly Hispanic apartment complex and had a cookout. I'm beat.

Vickie, yes ours is silver too! It looks just like the picture, except ours is used. But we really like it and it is so nice to have a car that works properly! I hope that you enjoy swimming today. I wish I had a pool! I'm jealous. Have a good time.

Kathy, sorry that you have to go to work today! I hope that you don't have to stay long. I'm glad you told Vicki what it is that you do--I never really knew. Sounds important!

Vickie/Kathy, since we got wireless internet we have been addicted to the computer. I actually kind of miss the days when you had to go to a certain room to be on the internet because now we can be together but never actually spend any time together. Somtimes it is nice to be together and do separate things, but it has caused us to always be "busy" with something. Does that make any sense?

Vicki, your dinner sounds great. It seems like you did really well. And I'm sure that you burned some calories dancing!

Patti, glad that you are home. I like "furbabies"--that's cute. I have one of those too.

Angela, the car is supposed to get good mileage. I think about 24 city miles and 34 highway...something like that. Much better than our old Taurus. Your pork noodles always sound so good. How do you make that? Or is the recipe posted somewhere? (I think you use points for that don't you)

Sandra, it's time to get up girl! Just kidding, hope you are having a fun day.

Well DH has beat me to the napping. Gotta go! Talk to you all later.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:35 PM   #247  
Southside White Sox Fan

Vicki, Great Job! I love dancing...wish Jim did.

Melissa, enjoy your nap. I'm waiting for Kathy to tell me how hard it is to have wireless internet. Then....maybe I'll shop online at Dell!

I'm on my way to the pool. It's only 85 degrees in the water but Jim says he'll go in for a while. I have everything all seasoned, cleaned and trussed. My salad dressing is made and I have the potatoes all set out and ready to peel. Everything is organized for when we come in.

The Sox are getting killed again today. Sad and scary for us. I have a recipe question that I'm going to put on a separate thread. Hope one of you can help.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:41 PM   #248  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, where are you? I see you were on the 9/11 thread but not here. Hope you're ok. Are you having a tough day?
Old 09-11-2005, 03:53 PM   #249  

Melissa, my pork and noodles is not Core - that's for sure. And you can actually use any kind of meat. When we were kids, my mom would boil up steak for beef and noodles, since we didn't care for steak all that much. I took some breakfast pork chops (the thin kind) and cut them up in bite size pieces. I cooked them in a little olive oil till done. Then filled a big pot with water and chicken soup base (didn't have pork flavored.) I added the pork, heated it to boiling, and put in a package of Kluski noodles (my absolute favorite!). Let it boil till the noodles are done. Add salt to taste.

Anyway, I guess if you used whole wheat noodles, it'd be Core, but it's the Kluski I like so much. Pork (beef) (chicken) and noodles is one of my favorite comfort foods.

Later!
Angela
Old 09-11-2005, 04:42 PM   #250  
focused and aiming

hi there. sorry about the scare. i got online for just a couple of minutes then curtis had some business to tend to so he needed the puter. doesn't he know i need my time here? :lol

melissa, we did sleep in this am and didn't get up till almost 10:30 mountain time so we might have been snoozing when you posted the wakeup call. lazy, aren't we?

vickie, you seem in better spirits today. that makes me smile. i am almost back on core today. monday am i will be my old self again. i'm glad you're getting to swim today. i did 1/2 mile on the treadmill. my foot is sore today so i'm not pushing it.

angela, your noodle dish sounds yummy.

well, i'm off here in a bit to go watch football. guess i'll be a couch potato today for sure. are couch potatoes core?
Old 09-11-2005, 05:31 PM   #251  

Official word: Couch potatoes are core.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:38 PM   #252  

Quote:
Originally Posted by septembersgoal
I'm glad you told Vicki what it is that you do--I never really knew. Sounds important!
Um, no it isn't. It actually bores me to tears at times. I've done aircraft training since 1992 and I thought it would get more exciting. So far ... nah.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:41 PM   #253  
focused and aiming

well, it sounds exciting to us, kathy. i think of you as our "lara croft" 3fc.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:06 PM   #254  
Melissa

I don't know if you guys will even believe this, but our "new" car won't start. Can you imagine? We are so furious, but I don't know at who. It has worked beautifully and then this evening as we are preparing to leave (for that benefit concert Aaron was supposed to sing at) it wouldn't start. I don't know if the battery is dead or what. Unbelievable. I am trying not to go on an eating splurge. Luckily I don't have much in the house. I am so upset!
Old 09-11-2005, 06:08 PM   #255  

NO!!!!! That is just the worst! I don't know who I'd be mad at either! AARRRGGHH!
Closed Thread