Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 03:55 PM   #196  

Height: 5'7"

This is getting exciting! We will all keep our fingers and toes crossed for your sister, Angela, and you had better let us know ASAP what happens! Wouldn't it be too cool to go on to the next round?

I'm home now and just made a big pot of mexican soup (deli chicken taken off the bone, can of mexicorn, can of black beans, can of ro-tel, can of FF chicken broth) and divided it into four containers. That'll be my lunch for four days next week. Now I'm about to make some egg muffins using (please don't gag, I've had it before and it's really good) mushrooms, green chiles, sliced black olives, eggs and FF cheese. I'll put them into however many muffin tins I need to, bake, cool and then package them two together to freeze for my breakfasts next week.

Gotta go ... Divorce Court is about to come on. I don't get to watch all my judge shows very often but when I'm home, I'm glued to the TV all day. It's like "Jerry Springer Goes to Court" sometimes! I guess that's the morbid curiosity that's in us all, but for some reason I enjoy hearing other people's problems. Maybe it makes me feel better about my own! LOL!
Old 09-09-2005, 03:56 PM   #197  

Oh poor Melissa! I hate having car trouble! Hopefully it's fixable until you can figure out something about getting another one.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:14 PM   #198  

Thanks, Froufy. My ds isn't reading much yet, either. It was kind of a surprise, because dd had really taken off by the end of kindergarten and has continued to be way ahead of her grade level. I think ds feels a little outgunned sometimes. He loves books, loves to be read to, and will sit and page through books for a long time, but he has been balking at actually reading much. Part of his homework this year is 20 minutes a day of reading on his own, so hopefully it will get to be more of a routine.

Sorry about your car, Melissa, that's always so annoying.

Well, the frozen pad Thai I got wasn't Core, but it was pretty tasty. I also succumbed to some BBQ Bunnies (kind of like lower cal goldfish). Can you tell TOM is coming up? I got shrimp for tonight, though, so I can make a good Core dinner.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:29 PM   #199  

Hey! Where is everybody???
Old 09-09-2005, 06:42 PM   #200  
focused and aiming

wish we had a ruby tuesdays. vickie, i hope you got your treading in today. i've done 1/2 a mile so far. i'll prob do the rest while watching tv later on today or tonight.

frouf, this was sort of weird. she did finish her work and we visited for awhile. then we all 4 went to the local archery shop and to cracker barrel. i hope your back is better. curves can wait. just take care of yourself.

lisa, you're sounding very upbeat. company and i did finally connect. weird, huh?

angela, i went to soldier field once when i was in the 6th grade. that wasy waaaaaay back yonder. my parents took my bro and me to see a game between the college all stars and the chicago bears. those bears nearly killed those kids. seriously, it was definitely one-sided.

vickie, that's scarey about your feet. be careful. (you know i'm one who knows about foot problems.)

melissa, i like your positive attitude. i hope you get your car started.

kathy, we watch those judge shows sometimes, too.

cher, i like the idea of 20 min per day to read. that should help build good reading habits.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:20 PM   #201  

Yeah, I hope he gets to like it. We'll still read "big boy" books to him at bed time, of course, so he doesn't feel like he's losing that time with us.

Have a good weekend, everyone.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:25 PM   #202  

Hey everyone,
Heading back home tomorrow,,,,cant wait. Jumping right back on Core when I get home. The last couple of days have been awful,,,,,,I know I will be right back where I started two weeks ago. So I will bite the bullet and jump right back in....someday I know this will come naturally but I know Im not there yet.. Still trying to catch up with the dailies here......thinking of you all.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:29 PM   #203  

Well, good grief! I'm feeling more and more ticked off by the minute.

I called DH's friend on his Blackberry earlier; the friend was sitting it out and Judd was on his second round of golf. I said have him call me. I went to get something for the kids, washed my car, etc. ... got home and there's no message. I called again and I hear the same thing (3 hours later) that they're still on the second round. Um, no they aren't. I can tell. I asked Judd if he's spending the night over there and he says yes. This ticks me off even more because I have to do ALL dog chores, and house chores, and still get to work by 6:00 tomorrow morning and work all freakin' day. OMG, I am livid and it isn't going to let up anytime soon.

So how's YOUR day going?
Old 09-09-2005, 09:25 PM   #204  
Melissa

Kathy I'm sorry. I would be livid too. He isn't terribly thoughtful, is he?

We had to have our car towed. The only good thing is that we got out of that dinner tonight. And I think we are going to skip the concert tomorrow night (of course now we are out the $) because we would have to drive Aaron's truck and he also has a bunch of added responsibilities Sunday morning that he didn't know about. Anyway, I guess our whole weekend has changed. And then had an awful dinner. So I think I'm going to pick up the house and go to bed. Night.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:32 PM   #205  

Oh Melissa, I'm so sorry. It seems like things never work out like planned, do they?

And guess what? Judd called me back and yelled at ME for calling him ... seems I didn't respect the fact that he had said he would call and I should have waited for him to do so. And the only reason I called in the first place (reason long forgotten by now, of course) is that the fantasy football league that he's the commissioner of is messed up, and he needs to fix some things before tomorrow.

Looks like I need to know when to shut up and when to "respect" the fact that I'm not supposed to call him when he's out having fun, even though it's hours after the time when he was going to call home. Whatever.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:44 PM   #206  
focused and aiming

{{{{{{kathy}}}}}}
Old 09-09-2005, 10:51 PM   #207  

Yes, aren't I pitiful? Home alone tonight, stinging from getting yelled at, and doing all the animal feeding and pottying. Oh well! Whatcha gonna do? I still have to get up at 5:00 on a stinkin' Saturday morning to go to work! Poor widdle me!
Old 09-10-2005, 09:11 AM   #208  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! It's 7:45 and I've been up for 2 hours already. My painter asked if he could come at 6:30 and we said sure! So I had to be up and showered before then because I knew he was going to want me to look at the new color. That was the first thing he did when he got here. I told him that I was going to LOVE the color because I couldn't afford not to! Actually, after he got some on the siding I told him that I love it so he feels better now. Great guy! I'll be referring him with high marks on Angie's List.

Frouf, Shred would bother my appetite. Maybe we should send him around like the movie about the friends with the magic pants! I'm glad you postponed Curves because it cetainly has the potential to hurt your back. Good luck with the banquets this weekend. You don't make it sound very appetizing. I was shocked at the last one that I went to. The food was actually tasty and not too fattening. I think the world might be changing. I was sad to read the story about your Son. I hate to stereotype but it always seems that boys are a little slow to pick up on the reading stuff. You sound like you are handling it perfectly. Fortunately, with practice he'll get better and better. Another thing to add to your list of things to do, huh?!

Vicki, an Italian Dinner Dance sounds like my idea of heaven and a Core NIGHTMARE! Save all your points and have a ball. Then visit the Y!

Sandra, it sure sounds like you enjoyed your time with your GF although it was a bit odd for her to come over and then work on her computer? Jim and I only have one car too. Most of the time it's ok. Sometimes it's irritating. I don't let him plan anything on my WW days. Selfish girl!

Angela, are your Mom and Sister driving? On I-80? If they want, I could recommend at least two Core friendly restaurants right off of the highway. Of course, it happens to be the exit that is 2 minutes from my house but I promise I won't bother them! I'll wait to hear if they are interested in the information.

Melissa, what a horrible way to start your weekend! It was great that you got out of the stuff that you didn't want to do but there will literally be a price to pay. Hope it's nothing serious.

Kathy, DH is a BRAT! I wouldn't talk to him for weeks. What on earth could have prevented him from returning your call? Doesn't he have a cell phone. Sheesh. Shame on him.

Patti, you'll be ok as soon as you get home and get back on program. We're ready to help as soon as you return.

Cher, have fun at the bookstore today. I always loved reading when I was a kid. Some of my most fond memories involve books. Do you not like spaghetti or pasta in general? Because I don't eat much spaghetti except for angel hair. Since I've been on Core, I've been eating mostly rotini and some bow ties which I LOVE. My favorite is my Core meat sauce (on our board) with ww rotini. Chunky and VERY satisfying. I'm also VERY happy that your kids seem to have good teachers this year. Especially, DS. He might have lost all love for school if he didn't get a good one this year after last year's experience.

Lisa, I'm gonna go look at the Panera menu after I post my message. Seems to me that the last time I looked there was something healthy on the breakfast menu.

I had an icky evening. My stomach is still upset even this morning. I'm certain that the throat and the stomach have something to do with allergies and drainage. It's very hot and humid here. I feel like I went to Florida with my family! Snookersnack seems to be doing well in her new clean water. Jim thought I was a natural! I think he said that because he didn't want to touch her. He doesn't like anything that swims but me! She doesn't seem to be eating much....hope she isn't constipated. I keep talking to her and she's responding so I guess it's ok. I don't know much about fish except that belly up is bad!

I'll run an errand or two after the painter is done. Or maybe I'll just nap, go out for lunch, and then swim in my pool. I have no idea what we are having for dinner. Decisions.....decisions. Right now I'm just VERY hungry for breakfast.

Talk to you all later.

Last edited by Vickie; 09-10-2005 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:20 AM   #209  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ok, I just got on the scale and if I had to weigh in this morning, I would be up 4 pounds. I guess my Niece is right that Ruby Tuesday's food is salty. Plus, I ate some green olives on my salad. Guess I better get a TON of exercise in that pool today and drink alot of water. I've already had 2 eight ounce glasses. Maybe I'll try to treadmill before I go in the pool. Except, I'm afraid my feet will hurt. Maybe I should go buy some shoes. Anyone sensing indecision here today?!
Old 09-10-2005, 09:42 AM   #210  
Southside White Sox Fan

Lisa, after looking at the menu I've concluded that there could hardly be a worse place to eat Core. I know my local one has fruit cups available but I didn't see them on the menu. It was hard to look at the menu since all of it sounded good AND bad! If you can't eat just fruit to be satisfied I'd probably go with a whole grain or french baguette or loaf with some lowfat cream cheese on it. They were the most healthy and had the least amount of fat and calories. Can you talk them into going somewhere else?
Closed Thread