Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 05:49 PM   #166  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm goal driven too Terry but obviously it doesn't extend to exercise with me!
Old 07-13-2005, 06:56 PM   #167  
From Massachusetts

Go Terry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2005, 07:00 PM   #168  
Melissa

Hey ladies! I'm in the kitchen waiting on the mexican goulash to get ready to go in the oven, thought I would take some time to send out some notes!

Sandra, you sound like you are in good spirits today! I thought your story was pretty funny. I can only imagine the look on that kid's face. I don't know if you have lost 42 pounds in 2 days, but maybe 4 or 2!! So you are going to w/i with me on Friday???

Terry, congratulations again. You are doing so wonderfully!! It IS a whoo-hoo Wednesday for you!! Thanks for the encouragement. I have learned that potatoes are dangerous for me!! I'm glad that you had a good run and that you had nice weather.

Vickie, wow, I am doing good to cook one meal a day! You go girl. I'm so glad that you posted your picture. Not only b/c that is a big step for you, but also b/c it is so wonderful to put a face with a name. You are beautiful inside and out!! And I'll be glad to see an updated pic too. I'm sure that you look a lot different!!

All of this talk about potatoes has got to stop!
OK, the goulash is ready to go into the oven. I'll be back later!
Old 07-13-2005, 07:05 PM   #169  

Height: 5'7"

I am just BEAMING here to see your pretty smiling face!!! It makes me feel like I know you so much better!!! And that sure was a lot of cooking -- good night, it made me tired to read it all!

Well, when I left work it was smelling like rain. I came home and somehow it had poured here but I never saw a drop of it. At least we got some of it though.

Judd wants leftovers which is fine with me. I'm working on a baby quilt so I'll be busy enough tonight anyway.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:28 PM   #170  
Melissa

Isn't it amazing...I always think that I want fast food....white flour, grease-filled fast food. But then I come home and cook, and it is better!! This mexican goulash was worth the wait! Tonight I made it with diced tomatoes that were garlic/onion flavored and had to use regular cheese since I didn't have any ff. But I only used half of what the recipe called for. It is really, really good!!
Just had to share the thought.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:25 PM   #171  
Melissa

Where is everyone tonight?
Old 07-13-2005, 08:29 PM   #172  

I'm here, playing a game and waiting for big DD to go to work so I can go upstairs and vacuum.

I made that dill dip tonight and threw out the full-fat (store bought) version. Hopefully this will be good. I just mixed FF Miracle Whip (needed to use the rest of it up), FF sour cream, a ton of garlic salt, minced onion, and dill weed. I had to keep adding and adding and adding the dill before I could taste it. I am a big fan of dill, so the more the better. In the morning, I'm taking the container to work because I'm eating it both on my baked potato and with carrots.

So what's up?
Old 07-13-2005, 08:42 PM   #173  
Melissa

Nothing too much. I need to get up off of the couch and fold laundry, gather up trash, figure out what I'm going to wear tomorrow, walk the dog. You know, all that stuff.
Is FF Miracle Whip core? I have been meaning to look that up. I like miracle whip much better than ff mayo.
I really don't think that I have ever eaten much dill. Maybe I should try that.
I'm looking up menus at different restaurants. Next week I have to go to an out of town training and I'm trying to figure out what I will eat. I should probably do flex but I really don't want to. But I will be eating out for 3 days straight, every meal. I think that I would rather do Core and just do the best I can, instead of trying to count points. I just don't know if I can ever do that well.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:51 PM   #174  

I almost think that restaurant eating would be easier to stick to Core instead of my home where I have all sorts of good AND bad stuff!! For instance, don't you think most every place has a broiled fish or chicken, plus steamed vegetables, plus a salad? Or if it's Mexican food, just eat some fajita meat, black beans, guacamole, etc. If it's Macaroni Grill or a similar Italian place, there is a super looking salad -- Insalada Rossa -- that has greens, strawberries, FF feta, grilled chicken and a balsamic vinegar dressing. Even catered banquets usually have a meat, vegetable, salad, etc. Just skip the bread and dessert! You'll be fine but we'll miss you ... and by the way, did you submit a request to be away from the board for 3 days? If so, I must have not seen it.

FF Miracle Whip is Core according to my former leader. Thank goodness because I like it better too! I had a few spoonfuls in the jar but stopped today for FF mayo. I only use it in chicken salad, tuna salad, egg salad, and now this dip. A jar lasts me for a while. I'm a big pickle eater so the dill-ness of this dip appealed to me.

I'm watching the Brat Camp now. It's pretty good.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:58 PM   #175  
Melissa

I love dill pickles. When you were talking about those fried dill pickles the other night...well, I've never had them, but they sound fabulous.
I just saw a commercial for the new movie "Must Love Dogs." I think that it looks cute. And I think John Cusack is a great actor. Funny guy.
Thanks for all of your suggestions for eating out. You are right. My only trouble will be keeping myself away from the bread, dessert, and fried things. I love fried things. But I think that I can do it. Plus eating out that much will get old pretty fast I think.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:00 PM   #176  
Melissa

Oh and trust me, I would much rather be home than on this trip. I hate being away from DH and DP. I don't know what they'll do without me.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:02 PM   #177  

Hey, you know I think you'd really like that Brat Camp, especially if you are working with kids. It is sad but a true eye-opener. You should check it out; there's another episode coming on now.

Everyone at work always complains when they have to go to Whiteman AFB. I say, let ME go ... I'd go to prison for a week if I could exchange my current schedule and responsibilites for something different.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:05 PM   #178  
Melissa

I switched it to Brat Camp when you said that you were watching it. I almost watched it earlier, but I thought that I might get too emotional. I get so engrossed in these things, get all tense and stuff.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:09 PM   #179  

Me too. These kids have really been thru some tough times. It's not like they're all trust fund babies or anything ... most were either were abandoned, adopted, have ADHD, etc. It's sad but I think it's going to be a warm fuzzy feeling when things turn out fine in the end. Or at least, I hope they do.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:13 PM   #180  
Melissa

I don't really like the way they are labeling them... "Hostile Outcast", "Angry Punk" etc. I hope they didn't actually tell the kids this at the time. But it seems effective.

Well I guess I better go take the dog out, and put away the laundry. I'll be back later.
Closed Thread