Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 09:04 PM   #16  
Southside White Sox Fan

I've eaten at least 3 fruits and 3 veggies each day. Sometimes I just eat a really big serving. Like my salads are always at least two cups.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:17 PM   #17  
focused and aiming

vickie, i made a huge salad for tomorrow. it's that layered one that's iced with equal amts of ff mayo and ff sc. i'm looking at it as being a treat tomorrow and it's all core. i decided not to add any meat but added some grapes. life is good.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:17 PM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

If anyone is getting sick of salad, I just recently re-discovered cole slaw. The bags of shredded cabbage are at every store, and you can make your own dressing with FF mayo, splenda, and apple cider vinegar. Sometimes I add boiled shrimp or grilled chicken, or carrot pieces (or for that matter, any chopped/diced vegetable). So good! I don't like cooked cabbage but can eat a ton of the raw stuff.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:30 PM   #19  
focused and aiming

that sounds good, kathy.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:31 PM   #20  

I make vegetable soups to help with the veggies and when I have chicken or meat loaf , I usually have one can of green beans. I take a couple of apples to work with me but I find that I don't eat that many on my days off and that is what I need to work on. I am planning on making the taco soup tomorrow to take to work for my dinner.
Vivian
Old 06-23-2005, 10:34 PM   #21  

Height: 5'7"

Hey, here's another idea that I've done in the past. Save every little scrap of vegetables in a big Tupperware container and keep them in the freezer. Sometimes there's corn or beans or tomatoes or carrots ... just pretty much anything ... that are leftover and/or about to go bad. Sometimes it's not even enough to make a serving. I add it to the container and when the container is full, I will make a big pot of soup. I've even added leftover cut up steak or chicken. As long as it's frozen, it's fine. It doesn't take long to fill up the container, either!
Old 06-24-2005, 08:14 AM   #22  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, you SO appeal to my frugal side! That's a great idea.
Closed Thread