Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 09:40 PM   #1  
banned

Default anyone else not look?

ok,
i was wondering if anyone doesnt look@the scale when they wi? im goin to a meeting thurs and wanna continue on core not lookking at the scale bc ive been using my own scale(i have a great scale) but if theres a diff it could really mess w my head and i dont want that.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:48 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

I go by the WW scale as my official one. I just use the one at home for checking in during the week. My one at home is heavier than the WW scale so I like the WW scale better!
Old 06-21-2005, 09:52 PM   #3  
banned

mine is almost identical to the ones they used to use in the center plus i wi in my bday suit so autom. therell be a diff and i just dont wanna know.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:12 PM   #4  

I do pretty much the same as Vickie, except that, unfortunately, my scale at home runs a bit lower than the ww scales, usually. Are you saying that you don't look at your book every week, you just go by your home scale? I'm sure that's fine as long as everything is generally heading in the right direction. It's just numbers.

I'm finding I need to have that official record to motivate me, though. It also helps me to look at the general pattern to see how I'm doing overall.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:37 PM   #5  
Athlete in Training

I do the opposite. I never weigh at home, just once a week at WI. If I weighed myself at home I would want to weigh everyday and that would really mess me up given how weight tends to normally fluctuate everyday.

Good luck finding what works for you.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:20 PM   #6  
banned

well, i dont have a book yet(am goin tomm night) but yea thats what im sayin i dont plan to look at it bc i dont care what it says bc a persons real true wt is in the a.m. on empty and nude not at night full of food n water
Old 06-23-2005, 10:28 AM   #7  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Terry - I wish I had your strength - but I admit to being a "scale rider" and yes it is sometimes my downfall. I am sometimes fanatical, esp before weigh in where I actually try on different outfits to see what weighs "less"..yes I know - pretty neurotic!

I do look, altho I usually have a pretty good idea (see above), altho I know the ww scale is a bit higher than mine so I have to account for that too!
Old 06-23-2005, 12:14 PM   #8  
Athlete in Training

Frouf -- I know that I will obsess and make myself even crazier if I weigh at home. As it is now, starting Monday night and until WI at 7:30 on Tuesday, I freak out. If I think I'm retaining water, I get coffee as a diuretic. I have my WI outfit that I wear every week. I remove my hair scrunchee! How crazy is this, I don't think it weighs a quarter ounce! (I've considered removing my wedding rings.) I was the insane one who wore a skirt (when my WI outfit wasn't washed) without underwear.

I've been strictly following the program and have thankfully only had one small gain so far -- but I was upset for several days about the gain.

Given how much that stupid hunk of metal scale seems to impact my normally happy and upbeat personality, I choose to avoid it.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:03 PM   #9  
banned

that makes me nuts too thats why im sticking to wi on my scale which is literally nearly identical to the one they have it may even be the same but when i first joined i used to starve all day on wi day and i dont have the willp to do that bso im goiung by my scale and im hoping that in app 9 weeks im back to goal
Closed Thread