Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 08:03 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Great deal on George Foreman grill

...if anyone needs one, that is! Check this out. I got one the other day because they were having a one-day sale and it was $16.99. The regular price is $59.99. Well, it came in a huge box and I figured they had used a lot of packing material, but the box was also really heavy. I opened it up and it was a bonus pack that included the grill (family size with a bun warmer), a 2-slot toaster and a 32 oz. hot pot. Those are each about $15 on Amazon, so the total approximate value is $90 and I paid $23 total with tax and shipping. I'm putting it up for little DD (who says she's moving out soon) and just ordered another set for big DD. It's $24.97 now but still a great deal!! The description doesn't mention a bonus pack, but it darn sure was!

http://www.macys.com/catalog/product...eudoCat=Search

Here's what it looks like:

Old 06-23-2005, 08:19 PM   #2  
focused and aiming

kathy, good tip--and you're quite the poet.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:25 PM   #3  

Okay, I just now got it! Maybe I should have said "Great dill on a George Foreman grill" ????
Old 06-23-2005, 08:36 PM   #4  
Melissa

Kathy do the grill plates come out? I didn't see that on the website. I guess that means they don't?
Old 06-23-2005, 08:38 PM   #5  

No, I think this is the old one, but it sure is funky looking. It doesn't look anything like the others I've seen.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:41 PM   #6  
Melissa

Oh really. I have had one with removable plates and one where you couldn't remove them. I have to have the removable ones, I find it difficult to clean it really well otherwise. But that is definitely a great deal, especially if you get those other items as well! Would be a great gift for someone getting married this summer.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:00 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

OOOHHHH! I would have bought this immediately if it had been the bigger one. Let me know if you ever see a good deal on the bigger one with the removable plates. I can't find it for lest than $79.99. I can't make cornmeal chicken again until I buy one.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:07 PM   #8  
Melissa

Vickie, I make the pan-fried cornmeal chicken and it is really good. I think it was a recipe Terry posted.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:59 PM   #9  

Ya know, you spoiled bratty things, that it's easy to clean!! Okay, just had to say that.

I have two girls trying to stock an apartment, so this is perfect. Now keep in mind that they probably will never clean it anyway, so why have removable plates???

But ... I will keep my eyes open for a good deal on the big one with removable plates.
Closed Thread