Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 04:34 PM   #106  
focused and aiming

linda, thanks for the info. i'm adding kashi pr to my grocery list.

melissa, that's a good idea to be working on your recipes when you don't feel like being very active. you're a trooper for working while not feeling well.

vickie, i'm already going into withdrawal just thinking that you won't be online for awhile. i'm addicted to you, girl!

frouf, congratulations on getting that magnet and sticker! you rock, girl! i am very happy for you. i am inspired. keep drinking that water. i will, too. i'm having popcorn during the survivor finale tonight.

kathy, your dinner sounds good and much lower pts than mexican food. i'm proud you got to eat seafood. i cleaned out leftovers yesterday. they tend to mount up, don't they? i put all the leftover veggies into my veggie soup. your lo ideas sound good. you're a woman with a plan. that's great.

lisa, i'm glad you're back. i have read some of your earlier posts and feel like i know you.

angela, the chicken salad sounds good. thanks for the idea of using lemon chicken.

well, got to go. it's snack time and i'd hate to be late. have a good evening.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:45 PM   #107  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi again,

Kathy- your dinner did sound good- as does your meal plan- sounds like all the LO will be history w/some yummy fajitas to look forward to on Thursday.

Poor Zuki- hope he is doing okay!

Angela - hope you got your walk in! I might have to get on that treadmill tonight-hope I will feel guity enuf to do so!

Linda - congrats on the new floor - sounds like you are very happy with it!

Lisa- I'm sure you missed a decimal in there somewhere and your scale is not that affected by the humidity? hehe

I just want to eat today - not even hungry but do you guys ever want to eat cuz of all the GOOD FOOD in the house? Did some groceries on the way home (got the dance tickets! $255 worth!), then ds and I went to our 'riverside" park (sunny bright day here!) - for a walk and he also played in the playground - bought some snacks/drinks on the way there, ds got some cheetos (yes I snitched some) and I got a small bag of "bits & bites" - checked the label - did not look too bad. Had that and my crystal light while reading on the bench as ds played!

So at the grocery store - got lots of fresh fruit, veggies, chicken, steak, salmon, etc now I just want to eat them all - can barely decide what to eat for dinner! Have 2 lovely steaks, vidalia onion and mushrooms to saute on the side...also have corn, asparagus,squash, potatoes and I made a salad...also cooking a bbq chicken in the oven right now as well!!!

I think it will be steak,salad and baked potatoes - maybe I'll make some corn for ds too? Already have a salad packed for lunch tomorrow, washed and packed some red grapes too.....will probably add chicken? Can you see how food-focused I am?

And then there is that cute striped green seedless watermelon on my counter and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is yummy and sweet.

I did pig out a bit at the store on the "samples"-cheese, and this FANTASTIC maple pecan bread - it was amazing - I dared not bring any home for fear of eating the whole thing. Also sampled some spicy olives and sun dried tomato - maybe all the sampling is triggering the need to feed?

Had some tzaziki dip w/ww mini pitas already and a diet pepsi-so I am actually not even that hungry??? Maybe just a bit of everything???

So what are you all having for dinner???

Frouf
Old 05-15-2005, 04:52 PM   #108  
focused and aiming

frouf, been there done that. food talks to me all the time. i hear it now calling me to the kitchen. i'm going to have pan grilled polenta cakes, corn on the cob and red beans for dinner. tonight's the season finale of survivor so i'll be eating popcorn while glued to the tube.

the local senior citizen's center was having their annual fundraiser at the grocer's yesterday. they had free sample stations set up all over the store. i barely made it through. if i had taken one bite, i would have blown program for the rest of the weekend. i'm like that. i can't "eat just one" of something then turn program back on. i'm impressed you can do that. your dinner sounds yummy. enjoy!

Last edited by notnew2this; 05-15-2005 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:14 PM   #109  

Height: 5'7"

Yikes, I was looking thru the pantry just now, planning, etc. -- when this bag of caramel popcorn jumped out at me!! OMG! I put it in a glass jar on the bar but not before I ate a handful. I have a snack section there, for the other people (yeah, right!) with jars of Hershey's Kisses, pretzels, chex mix, jelly beans (the black ones for little DD, not the good ones thank God!) and now a jar of caramel popcorn. I have all sizes and shapes of jars and they look really cute sitting there all together, plus when people come over they know to hit the snack bar. I have a reputation for my snacks. Thankfully I don't like chocolate so the Kisses are safe. In fact, they're the leftovers from Easter so I guess none of us here like them.

I need to get some popcorn for the breakroom at work, so I'll probably go at 6:00 in the morning! My dr. appt. is at 9:30 so I need to get to work very early and get in some hours to make up for the time I'll be away. I'll be sure to look for the OR movie stuff. Hopefully it comes in the little bags, because that's what I buy for the shelf.

I'm the world's worst at having "just one" and then all **** breaks loose! If I'm trying to be good, I can't even sample. Moderation is not in my vocabulary, I guess.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:16 PM   #110  

I forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS Froufie for getting your 25 pound magnet!!! Way to go!

As far as cold salads, there are a lot of good salads under Core Side Dishes & Salads I think. I really like the oil-free three bean salad. It's yummy, and totally Core if you skip the T. or two of white grape juice.

Baby is calling, so gotta go...

Angela
Old 05-15-2005, 05:32 PM   #111  
focused and aiming

i just made a big fruit salad using fresh strawberries, apple, grapes, bananas, and canned pineapple. i tossed the salad using a little of the pineapple juice and sf/ff lemon pudding mix. i'm letting it chill now. this is going to be a big snack for us today and maybe tomorrow if there's any left.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:56 PM   #112  

Yummy, Sandra! That sounds great! I just made a batch of sf/ff cheesecake pudding and cut up some strawberries. My lunch for tomorrow is shaping up quite nicely!! I've made my tuna salad, snacks, dinner is planned and now I just have to come up with something for breakfast. I'm getting tired of the usual eggs and malt-o-meal.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:47 PM   #113  
focused and aiming

kathy, do you ever make those core pancakes? i'm thinking of making them tomorrow. is the recipe posted here? i'll go take a peek. if i can't find it, i'll post the one i have.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:51 PM   #114  

I haven't made them yet -- I'd be glad to see a recipe! I'm not sure if I've ever seen it.

Of course, at the moment I don't have any SF syrup but I could eat them with spray butter and just count the points for a teeny amount of regular syrup.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:54 PM   #115  

Geezo, was I ever wrong!! I just checked the pantry and see a big thing of Log Cabin sugar-free syrup!! Woohoo!!! Bring on that pancake recipe!

Ack! I went to search -- no thanks!! Blech! I think I'll have my scrambled egg and maybe a piece of toast (.5 pt).

Last edited by Katpo; 05-15-2005 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:11 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Kathy - I put the syrup in my oatmeal with a spoonful of walnuts., but my MIL who now has high blood sugar from the steroids that she's on for her arthritis said that her Dr. told her that she puts pnut butter in her oatmeal. Did you ever try that??? Doesn't seem like it would be good; but the other half of me is thinking that maybe it's really good, but I love pnut butter and it might be a bad thing for me. I guess that would give you some protein without having eggs. Sorry for the big run on sentence.

I do have a fruit salad recipe I'll have to share. Must find it first; but it's apples, grapes, pineapple and madarin oranges, with yogurt, splenda and cream cheese. I'll post it when I find it. It's really good and my SIL said, this tastes really fattening; and I said, oh no! I made it with spenda and FF cream cheese.

Going to watch survivor! Be back later.

lisa
Old 05-15-2005, 08:20 PM   #117  

You know actually I could have toast with peanut butter and that should hold me and be a good breakfast! I have that Sara Lee Delightful Wheat bread, and it's 1 pt. for 2 slices. The PB would add another 2 pts. maybe but I'd still be within the 5 for the day. Hmmm ... it's a thought. I love peanut butter too.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:23 PM   #118  
focused and aiming

katihy, i tried. it's really not too bad for a pancake. (even though it's not the real thing.)

i'm off to watch survivor, too.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:59 PM   #119  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ok guys. I'm exhausted but talked Jim into not disconnecting the computer until tomorrow morning so I at least could say hi! You were all WAY too active for me today. Frouf, congratulations on your 25 pounds down! Kathy, it sounds like you are a Core goddess and a frugal shopper/user of food to boot! Your ideas sound great. I have a fabulous recipe for corn cakes which I thought I posted here. I have NO idea where it is now but I'll try to remember to find it when I get back online. The guys are supposed to be here at 8:30 tomorrow. I don't know what time I'll get up but I'll try to pop in before I disconnect.

I'm really gonna miss you all. Silly, I know but that's how I feel. I have to go know. I'm still starving and plan to have popcorn before I go to bed. I still have to get my glasses out of the china cabinet.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:01 AM   #120  
Closed

Hey Vickie, now you know how I feel....this board is WAAAYYYY active everyday Probably 'see' you all here in a few days. It's impossible to keep up with all of you . I get on a for few minutes in the early morning and by time I get home there are 2 to 3 pages full with posts...
Have a great week everyone ....It's Monday....it's off to work...have fun out there!!!

Last edited by L.J; 05-16-2005 at 06:04 AM.
Closed Thread