Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 05:27 PM   #31  

Best of luck to your DH, Melissa. We went through this a couple of years ago, and I know how nervewracking it is.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:03 PM   #32  
Closed

Melissa...fingers crossed, eyes blinking and legs crossed too!!!!!!!!
Hang in there!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 06:18 PM   #33  
Closed

I'm telling you this is ONE BUSY board.....can't believe 3 pages since this AM...I just can't keep up, impossible!!!....but...........I have a question....I keep reading and hearing how those on CORE feel this surge of energy????? I have YET to feel that??? What is wrong with me??? Am I odd women out??? Do you all feel this 'surge' of energy.....if so, I must be doing something wrong....because I am tired most days...like right now, I am exhausted!!!

Talk with you all tomorrow and probably 3 + more pages
Old 05-12-2005, 07:16 PM   #34  

Default Angela, popcorn?

Angela, congratulations on your loss! Did you do it all on core? You said you were making popcorn and that you wouldn't do it every day, is it bad? i have been eating it almost daily, and still losing...

ellen
Old 05-12-2005, 07:45 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Linda I'm with you! Page 3 on this board! ! I think i'm still on page 10 or 11 on board 16!!!

Angela - way to go on your lifetime!! You should be really proud. You look great

Dance recital this weekend. Can't wait until this is over. There was a big write up in the paper this morning............hired some aerial co., to do the flying in Peter Pan, and some of the backdrops came from Hollywood??? I don't know. DD never danced here before, but I heard this is a "show" not a recital. We'll see. Dress rehearsal from 4-10 tonight. When do they do homework?? After this recital dance will be over until Sept., except for summer classes. DD doing tap this summer to see if she wants to do it in the fall, but that's all she's doing.

I'll catch up on the end of Core board 16 and check back later.

Oh, forgot all about WI. My scale showed up a pound, but still waiting for TOM. I think tomorrow it will be here.

Lisa
Old 05-12-2005, 08:19 PM   #36  
focused and aiming

melissa, i'm winking, blinking,and crossing.

terry, sounds like you have the situation covered--whatever it is.

linda, i have more energy on core than on the idiot proof diet. that's why i'm going back on core tomorrow. i don't know if it's a surge of energy--but it's energy.

this is a long thread, isn't it? is it hard for ya'll to know where to click? i find i'm having to look on 2 pages almost every time. i guess that's a good problem, though, don't you?

survivor and the apprentice tonight. see ya'll later.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:23 PM   #37  

Height: 5'7"

Sandra, thank goodness it's not just me! I thought I would die those few days I did the idiot thing. And my coworker who is still doing it has migraines -- and now she has one, plus a bad cold. I want to say EAT! but she's determined to see it thru at least the first 11 days. I hope she makes it.

My dinner went out the window this afternoon, when I stopped by the store and got a roasted chicken. I came home and took it off the bone, doing that ol' "a piece for me and a piece for the dish" thing until I wasn't hungry anymore! I have a potato in the microwave to bake (we're out of foil) but right now am just not interested. Maybe I'll take it to work for lunch tomorrow. I'm also making a big pot of black beans for the next few days.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:50 PM   #38  
Closed

I was reading all your menu posts and Sandra I have to ask.....is what you posted for today's menu ALL you had??? I guess because I write down everything I sound like I am eating so much more than all of you. I go as far as writing down FF mayo when I have it with tuna....I can be anil that way.....my own worst enemy!!!!!!!!! If it goes past these lips I write it.....you know what they tell us.....if you bite it, make sure you write it......well at least at our meetings here....Kat.....I think trying to count calories is mind boggeling.....it's weird how when we do points we 'have' to have at least the Target Points, but many times on Core with all that is eaten you don't even reach 20 (in my case) with every thing else written you can get to 20 in no time, but on core you don't have to worry about it. Just like today, I was looking up lasagna.....points were I think like 6 or 8 something for the serving, probably w/regular noodles, however, as long as it's whole wheat lasagna noodles / ff ricotta you don't even have to worry about the points, (which I did this past weekend and I might add was very good!!)
I think if you just stick with what you are eating which is mainly core you will do great....forget the calorie thing....and use the 35 WPA for you beer when you need to...light beer 8oz is 2 pts.....I don't drink beer but Frank likes one when we go out to eat sometimes and I was curious..
And Kat I think the chilli you mentioned is check Core in the book...
So hang in there....you'll do fine....give fitday a rest for a while and just journal on a piece of paper your WPA's.....see how that works for you.

Vickie hope WI went well for you.....
Angela is your scale and WW scale in sync?? You have to be wayyy under your WW goal...that is fantastic!!
Well I am STILL kind of tired so I'll sign off for now. Frank is out so I thought I chit chat a bit with you all.....thanks for always being there, any time, any day....you gotta love that !!!
See you all in the morning....TGIF tomorrow.....whooohoooo....Linda
Old 05-12-2005, 09:04 PM   #39  

Height: 5'7"

I am ditching the FitDay habit for a while and as long as I stick to the Core foods (which is no problem) and count WPAs for the rest, I think I'll be okay. The key for me is to get in my water and exercise. I only did 20 minutes tonight on the Gazelle but I'm just tired for some reason today.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:05 PM   #40  

Ellen, 94% fat free popcorn is fine, but I prefer the movie theater butter flavor that's definitely NOT Core. You're fine, don't worry.

Linda, my scale and the WW scale aren't in sync, because I weigh first thing in the morning, buck nekkid at home. There's a difference of about 4-5 pounds, depending. My goal of 120 is on my home scale, so that's why I put my home scale weight on my ticker.

I'm off to my guitar lesson...

Angela
Old 05-13-2005, 06:15 AM   #41  
Closed

Angela- I just read in the CFC Page 273 that the Orville Redenbacher's 94% FF Movie Theater buttered pop is checked Core...is that the one you eat?? If so.....you're good to go!! And Enjoy!!!
Again, you look fantistico!!!!! the 120's that is soooo awesome!! Great job, and yes I have always believed you should be a leader so go for it when the time is right. Here they have a Mommie and Me Class, so the Mommies "can" bring the kiddies without worrying about other members being distracted. Maybe you can suggest that in your area and get one started......just a thought for when the kids are a bit older....

Kat-glad you are ditching fitday for a while....you are eating core anyway and you're doing great why bother with the calorie thing, just one more thing to stress and worry about...

Vickie how did your w/i go?? Didn't see you here this morning and usually you post by now. Probably just busy. I have to weigh tomorrow and I DON'T have a good feeling again Lord is this an never ending battle or what!! Even as lifetime (and getting back) it's such a struggle. Let's all hang in there!!

Everyone else....have a good day today. I know you'll all be on here during the day. I just can't - not from work, for no other reason but I don't have the time :-( So I guess I'll see you all 3 or 4 pages from here Linda

PS....Melissa....any good news from that phone call?????
PPS...if I stay the same at tomorrow W/I I think I am going to "Flore" it for a few weeks.

Last edited by L.J; 05-13-2005 at 06:17 AM.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:15 AM   #42  

Linda, I'll have to check out that brand. Unfortunately, I've not been eating that kind.

I like the idea of a Mommy & Me class. We don't have anything like that here. If we did, I would definitely have gone to it, at least a few times when dh couldn't watch the girls. I think it would be popular, and I have experience in that area, having lost weight in between babies and with kids around. It's different, because you have to make different food for them. For example, young kids don't need skim milk and fat-free cheeses, so I always have to have the full-fat alternatives in my home.

I'm late today. Better go get the kids dressed.

Angela
Old 05-13-2005, 11:30 AM   #43  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Guys! I'm bummed out. Scale showed up 1.8 last night. I had a ravenous day yesterday and I didn't seem to care that I was going to have to step on the scale at 5:30. Everything I ate was Core but I'm sure the sheer weight of it didn't help. I have PMS and have been STARVING for the last 3 days. Sad thing is that TOM isn't even due until the 19th or 20th. So next week's wi will probably stink too. So I'm hoping for a whopper of a loss on the 26th! This morning my scale said I weigh less than ever before in the morning. Jim keeps telling me that it was just a blip and to ignore it. What a guy.

I have a ton planned today. I'm waiting for SBC internet to call me back about my speeds. I have PT today and haven't even exercised yet. I'm also finally taking Jim out for his Birthday dinner. Not sure yet what I'll be eating, except that it WILL be Core. I'll be back in a few minutes to try to answer some posts.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:49 AM   #44  

Hi everyone:

Kathy, I thought I was the only one who did that with roast chickens. They're so good when they are still warm, it's hard to resist.

Sorry about the gain Vickie--I have plenty of "blips" on my WW card for sure.

Well, the meeting with the doctor was interesting. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I'm feeling cautiously positive. She raised several bright rambunctious boys herself--including one who announced to his teacher that he "didn't believe in homework" and who insisted on writing all his math tests upside down. Her verdict was that it was a bad match between David and his teacher and that he may need more challenge or some time in another class. (Interestingly, he brought home another good report yesterday and, again, it was with a substitute teacher.) She also suggested a developmental evaluation, which would include tests for intelligence as well as ADHD. We're definitely going to do that. The school was pushing for a diagnosis of ADHD without taking any other possibilities into account and there's just no way we're going to put up with that. The doctor also said that she thinks Ritalin, etc., is waaaay over prescribed and that their office is very slow to go that way.

I'm still down by the scale this morning, so I'm going to try to be a very good girl. I could use a little good news tomorrow at WI.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:06 PM   #45  
Athlete in Training

I love this board - there's always something going on, but it really is tough to try to keep up.

Linda brought up the subject of how much we (or how little) we eat. One thing I noticed when looking at everyone's meal plans: I seem to eat way more than most of you. So far, I'm losing, so I'm gonna keep on eating. The fact that I can eat so much is probably why I like core as well as I do. I hope I didn't just jinx myself for Tuesday's WI!

On the energy surge -- I don't think there is any great surge, maybe it's just that endurance is better. Like I find that I can get more done without being totally exhausted. I think it's a combo of the food and all the exercise (and all the shopping and cooking!).

Cher, I like the philosophy of the doctor. My best friend's son is very seriously ADHD (runs in his dad's family) - and they had a doctor who was very good and gave them lots of alternatives to Ritalin. It's a shame that so many doctors out there are writing prescriptions for kids that aren't even hyperactive. I hope all goes well with the evaluations.

Vickie - I'm sorry you were disappointed at WI, but it sounds like you've got it figured out. I hope the next couple weeks more than make up for it. Enjoy Jim's b-day dinner!

Kathy, fitday sounds a little faddy. There used to be this weeklong diet where you ate all grapefruit one day, then I think it was hotdogs, then cabbage and so on. Fitday made me think of that. I'm glad you're back to core. I think it's a healthier way to go.

My girlfriend has the Gazelle - but hers is in her garage where the dust mites are enjoying an excellent workout. How do you like yours?

Lisa, sounds like the dance recital will be quite a production. Enjoy!

Melissa, everything is crossed for your DH to get a fabulous job.

Everyone else, I love ya, but I can't keep up!!!

TGIF
Closed Thread