Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 04:19 PM   #136  

Oh Melissa, my sympathies. Sinus infections are horrible! I always feel like I've been hit by a truck when I get one. I'm amazed you've lasted this long without going to the doctor. You are one strong woman!

On the pink eye front - I'm crossing my fingers, but the only thing I saw when I got dd up this morning was snot, snot everywhere!! She's got a doozy of a head cold, poor thing, but her eyes are clear so far. I can feel that I'm coming down with the cold too. Drink, drink, vitamin C, sleep!! Sometimes if I try really hard to go to bed early for a few days, I can head it off.

I was about to fillet several cats last night, speaking of sleep! We have 2 cats that absolutely detest each other, and they insisted on engaging in ear-splitting, yowling fights ALL night long! I'd just get good and drowsy, then then BAM, yowl, hiss, growl!! right by my head. Talk about adrenaline rush! Finally around 2, dh threw them out of our room and shut the door. Sometimes I really wonder why I have pets.

I'm making a roast in the crock pot today, and it smells yummy. I'm not a big hunk of meat fan, but I think it'll be good.

Well, better go load the dishwasher before it's time to pick up dd from school. Ta ta!

Angela
Old 05-16-2005, 05:04 PM   #137  

hi ladies,
I'm new to this board. Just want to say hi and add I have fallen off the core wagon several times recently. Can't really say why cause I was losing on the program. I am desperate for those extra activity points so I am trying to workout more now. Anyone have any suggestions? I recently blew a whole day with non core eating, not a lot of junk food but just the stuff I have been missing for a bit, pasta side dish (whole wheat pasta just isn't very good, sorry!), low fat ice cream (I was making floats for the kids and had one myself), chicken NOODLE soup, etc. I guess I am starting to crave the items I have cut out of my diet at this point. I even ate the choc chips I was saving for baking in my point muffins (how low is that!), well not the whole bag but a few here and there.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:41 PM   #138  
focused and aiming

angela, we're not having our roast till tomorrow. dh wants to have 1/2 sandwich and some oven fries tonight. sounds good to me. i may have that, too. or i may have lo from lunch.

hi there, pnuts. welcome to the board. have you gone to the profile thread yet? we'd love to get to know you. been there done that with the binge eating. just hang in there. you know the core plan works.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:50 PM   #139  

That's what those extra points are for, pnuts, so eat them and don't feel guilty. I'm doing much better on Core than I did on South Beach, precisely because I can be flexible and spend a few points on bread and things here and there. I'm not really fond of ww pasta, etiher. Have you tried anything else. I use polenta or cous-cous when I need something like that. For a side dish you could use Japanese soba noodles, which don't have as grainy a texture as ww. I also like to make salads with lentils, but using the same dressing and vegetables you would use with pasta salad.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:59 PM   #140  
Melissa

I am lurking here today! My DH is working 3rd shift now so he is sleeping every chance he gets, I'm not feeling too good...I'm in need of connection so here I have stayed all day!
DH's interview seemed to go well, he was there for 2 hours! Apparently DH and the interviewer really hit it off, ended up telling each other their life stories, etc. He told him that even if he couldn't hire him for this job he knew of another one that would be coming open in the next couple of months that he would be great for. So we'll see about that. In any case, DH had a good experience. But after he was gone for 2 hours I was hoping he would come home employed and wouldn't have to go back to 3rd shift at Target. He said the work isn't bad, its just the time slot, very difficult for him. Hats off to anyone who has worked this shift or lives with someone who works it! What a crazy time!

Sandra, I hope you hear from Dr. about your feet soon! I haven't been exercising either but I don't have a good reason.

Angela, I don't know how strong I am. I spent all weekend laying around doing nothing. You're the strong one, I can't imagine doing all that you do!

pnuts, hi there! Don't worry about blowing it. I think I have blown my diet every weekend since I started Core. But you just have to keep on keeping on. You can do it!

Cher, I did South Beach for awhile too. I actually did pretty well on it, but it was so restrictive that we didn't stay on it for very long.

I really want to exercise tonight, but its probably not a good idea. I've done some laundry, actually cooked supper (the cola chicken was REALLY good! DH thought it was bbq sauce. I told him it was core and he said, "I didn't know it was supposed to be good for me!" ) and now I don't know what to do with myself while DH is sleeping. Oh well, I'll find something I'm sure! Talk to you guys later!
Old 05-16-2005, 07:03 PM   #141  
Athlete in Training

Ya know what I've noticed?

<<----------Look at my avatar.

See the little marks that indicate motion. Did you notice where they are placed? They're not by her feet!

(This avatar is more accurate than I realized when I picked it.)
Old 05-16-2005, 07:15 PM   #142  

Height: 5'7"

Hey, all! I'm home from work now, have cleaned up the kitchen and refilled the dishwasher, started it, cooked dinner (am waiting for DH to come home from work) and I just finished my 30 minutes / 2 miles on the Gazelle. I burned 258 calories, so I'm happy about that! And guess what else I did? Or didn't do? I didn't stop to buy beer after work. Yay, me! Vickie would be so proud!

We're having that leftover roast tonight and I decided to keep it separate from the potatoes and onions so I don't have to eat the potatoes if I don't want to. I sliced some cucumbers and they're sitting in Italian dressing.

Well, that's it for tonight. I'm turning off the computer and hitting the couch until after dinner, at which time I have to clean up the kitchen again and do some laundry. I have to be at work very early tomorrow to try and make up some time, so I'll need to go to bed early too.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:43 PM   #143  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Kathy - sounds like you are well ahead of the game - good for you! And congrats on avoiding the beer store! do you not get time off for medical appts? I don't think that is very nice if that's the case! I would be going crazy if I had to make up time for med appts - not that I have that many, but combined w/kids appts that would be impossible!

Terry - sorry the adoption thing fell thru - I can't believe it would cost $38,000 - that is insane!!! How do they expect anyone to come up with that kind of cash??? I am keeping fingers crossed that something comes up for you very soon!

Melissa - sorry about the sinus infection - but at least you now what you're up against and can start taking the meds to get better. Sounds like dh's interview went really, really well! And at least it's good news - if not right away sometime soon. Hang in there!

Angela - how is dd doing? Hope you take care of yourself too so you don't get sick either! Definitely keep the cats out so you can get some rest!

Pnuts - welcome and glad you could join in! I too have had some bad run ins and weekends do seem to be my downfall - just remember to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again!

As for exercising today - well I'm just not feeling up to it! so tired and lethargic due to a very late night. I really wish I could have paid more attention to the time so I would have been able to walk at lunchtime which would have been ideal!

And dinner was not too bad - except for the small "point/slice" of cheese pizza I had which was not planned. Had some carrots w/dip, roast chicken, 1/4 baked squash and some steamed broccoli w/some sf jello for dessert!

I am hoping to hit Starbucks (with my library book in tow) while dd is dancing tonight and enjoy a grande nf decaf cappuccino - I still can't believe that counts as a milk serving! How lucky for me!

Won't be home til almost 10 pm and I need to promise myself that I will go to bed as early as possible tonight! Defnitely need my beauty sleep! ha ha ha

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 05-16-2005 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:39 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Terry, have you ever thought about over seas adoptions. I don't know what the cost is compared to a domestic adoption, but a friend of mine also had several fall through here, and finally adopted a little boy from Russia. I think he was almost 6 months until they got him, but it's funny because he has blonde hair and blue eyes and people stop her at the mall and tell her how much he looks like her. Also, there are 3 or 4 little chinese girls at my DD's elementary school and they have all been adopted by american families.

Just a thought.
Lisa
Old 05-16-2005, 09:40 PM   #145  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hello....Hello....Hello my Girlfriends! Every muscle is my body is sore but the carpeting is in and order is partially restored. Jim wanted me to hook the computer back up while it was still light out and I agreed. It was pretty frightening at one point because I was sitting in the middle of all the cords without a clue how to hook it back up. I've got so much attached. DSL with the modem, Franklin Planner, digital camera and printer/dock, 4 in 1 printer/fax/scanner/copier. Ugh. But like the terrier that I am, I didn't give up. Had to get back to my buddies. I'm watching the Sox/Rangers game as I read your posts. Kathy, you guys are whipping our butts right now! I hope we can come back and win the game. Let's see if I can hit everyone's posts.

My poor Frouf. I wish I had some magical advice. We are all going to slip now and then, so certainly you should not beat yourself up over it. My only mantra that I have been repeating to myself lately is that Core is how I eat now. And, as you've realized, as long as you stay away from sugar those horrible cravings pretty much stay away. You've done such an amazing job so far. You definitely deserve your 25 pound magnet. With what you have been going through for the last month or more, it is amazing that you haven't binged or gained many, many, pounds. Just get back on the wagon and trudge along with the rest of us. Remember, it is a marathon not a sprint.

Kathy, I'm getting such determination vibes from you. You go girlfriend! 2 miles on the Gazelle and NO BEER. Now that IS serious business!

Terry, I'm sorry you had an adoption disappointment today. I guess it was better to find out sooner rather than later. I think my Niece's adoption costs were $25,000.00 but she was able to offset about $10,000.00 with a tax credit. There is a baby for you in the universe. It will happen. It seems as though birthparents have been interested in you and your DH so it is just a matter of time. Having said that though, I know that the time that passes while you are waiting can be agonizing. I'll keep good thoughts and prayers that you get some good news soon.

Melissa, you poor girl! I'm so glad you finally went to the Dr. because you were not going to get well without drugs. If you are pregnant would antibiotics be a problem? Great news about the interview! Woo Hoo! I can't wait to hear that he got the job. If he doesn't get the first one, would he still be interested in the other job the Interviewer mentioned? I have a good feeling about this opportunity.

Angela, goodness gracious! You were all finally healthy. Poor thing. I know you can't bear the thought of nursing sick kids again especially if you are getting sick yourself. Of course, you aren't getting good sleep. You'll have to be Fred Flintsone and put the cats out for the night so that you can get some sleep! It's great news that you are able to exercise without your feet hurting. I'm sure that will help you stay in your goal range.

Welcome, Pnuts! You are going to love it here. I also followed South Beach for a couple of months. I just couldn't stick to it. Core is so much easier for me to follow.

Sandra, start slow on the treadmill especially since your feet are tender. Don't try to keep up with your mega-exercising DH! I love muffins. I'd be real interested in hearing if you like your muffin tops. I going to check out the website when I'm done with my post.

I really wanted to stress eat today. Chaos is really stressful for me. I wanted to have pizza but Jim encouraged me to warm up the LO Core lasagna. He made the salads and I made the fresh green beans. What a guy. I could have cried. Pizza is his favorite food but he helped keep me on program. All I got into were some SF Murray fake Oreo cookies. Now I have a bellyache. Serves me right. It bothers me that my stuff still isn't all put back where it belongs. All the books and all of my sets of baseball cards still have to be put away. Tomorrow afternoon is enough time for that. I've got a lunch date and a hair appointment tomorrow before I can do anymore work in the house. I also must get back on the treadmill since I haven't been on since Saturday. Danger!

Hope I didn't miss anyone's post. It feels good to be back here and it didn't even take as long as I feared.

Last edited by Vickie; 05-17-2005 at 07:32 AM.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:00 PM   #146  
Southside White Sox Fan

Deborah, where are you? Hope all is well.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:01 PM   #147  
Attitude is everything !

notnew2this - I was happy to see Tom win Survivor. Ever since Colby lost in Australia, I have lamented the "under the radar" players winning over strong players. Tom played a great game, and he was not bad to look at either Of course, I thought Ian was a dufus for giving up the game at the 11th hour. You do what you need to do to get to the final 2. Tom should be thanking Ian very generously for practically handing over the million dollars !

The Mayan Ruins could be interesting if they really use the history to add to the theme of the game; like they did with the pirates game that Rupert was in. There better be water though, because nobody likes to see miserable people unable to frolic in the water ...especially the Toms and the Colbys....
Old 05-16-2005, 10:12 PM   #148  

Tennis girl, I agree about Tom. Finally, someone who actually DESERVES to win the game! We're watching the first season on DVD, and I'm really enjoying it. (We only started watching the All-Stars season.) I can't imagine standing on a tiny metal platform on a buoy for 12 hours!!! That's amazing.

Well, it's off to bed for me very soon...gotta kick this cold.

Angela
Old 05-16-2005, 11:19 PM   #149  
focused and aiming

tennis girl and angie, dh and i have been hooked on survivor since the second season. we are so hooked that one time we flew to hawaii on the finale sunday. we rushed straight to our rooms and watched the end of survivor instead of doing anything else. now is that hooked or what? i think you're right. they have to be in water so the folks won't have on many clothes, won't they?

the doctor never called today. i called his office at 5 pm. the receptionist said he was still with patients and would be for a long time. dh got online around 6 and stayed on it doing some ebay stuff. i don't know if the doctor tried to call then or not. maybe he'll call in the morning. i hope so.

terry, i like your little gal. she's cute. guess she's wiggling along, don't you?

kathy, congratulations. sounds like you're on your way to a slimmer you. i snacked too much today. guess it was stress waiting on the call.

vickie, i walked .5 mile today and got very sore. i don't think i'm as healed as i'd thought. i'm glad you're back online. i missed you.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:21 PM   #150  
focused and aiming

i posted the website incorrectly earlier. it's http://www.southavenfarm.com. go take a look and see what you think. i had 2 chocolate chipotle muffin tops today. 2 pts total. they were good.
Closed Thread