Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 07:21 AM   #1  
Janette

Default 2nd WI on Core

I lost 2 lbs! That is really good for me! In the past I have been lucky to lose a lb. or half a lb. I can really do this! I am soooooooooooo happy.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:10 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Just remember they are saying (the leaders I have talked to that haven't gained) that it does average out after the first couple weeks of the change to what you were doing on Flex....and the program in general is .5-2 pounds a week AVERAGED out.

Janette, what was your average before?
Old 09-04-2004, 12:58 PM   #3  

Hi girls, My name is Julie and I know Spryng from another message board. I have been looking into the CORE diet and it sounds good. But the plan seems very similar to the south beach diet, it just scares me thinking to myself that I can only eat certain foods and others are off limits. I know that causes binges in people. I mean if you want a pb sand. on white bread everyday and still are doing well why break the cycle? I know you can you use flex points but still. I guess it is what works for everyone is different . I do believe in the back of my head you can eat everything in moderation and still do fine. But I know you should eat wholesome foods. I am just confused on what to eat or put in my mouth these days. I could not stick with sbd because I needed treats now and then. Good luck everyone!! Julie
Old 09-04-2004, 01:17 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

As for me, I started last Wednesday at a morning weight of 161 ... and this morning my morning weight was 156. I'm not actually even doing it closely, except for all the foods I'm eating are all core foods. I allowed myself a coke yesterday, and had some beer Thursday night. I don't think I've exceeded the WPAs though, and have really upped the water intake.

Monday I go at it with full steam ... will be writing everything down in my journal I made myself, and will make sure I stay within the 35 WPAs a week. It feels good to see results this soon though.
Old 09-04-2004, 02:11 PM   #5  

Wow, Bindy thats great news, congrats on the loss. I love a regular coke now and then too, it is my favorite soda! And a beer always taste great with a cheeseburger . I hope I did no offended anyone. Just for me I am a little skeptical because I feel if I cannot have something. I will binge on that item. Plus I do not like fat free cheese or products, I can deal with the low fat though. Good luck everyone and have a great holiday weekend, I hope to post more here and wish you all the best. Julie
Old 09-04-2004, 02:57 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Julie. I can't do diet drinks, no matter what. There's just something about them (a mental block?) that makes me gag. Someone said the new 7-UP Plus that has 10 calories is very good so I might try that.

I'm ready to really do it this time, and so that's my motivation. I've never had a problem with overeating, it's just been all the wrong things and never enough water.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Congrats Janette!! That is really inspiring! So glad you are happy with this new plan!
Old 09-04-2004, 11:18 PM   #8  

Julie, the nice thing about core is that you really aren't deprived of anything there fore there is no need to binge, you know? I mean sf/ff chocolate fudge pudding is on the core list, so if you are craving chocolate you can have it!!! All you need to feel satisfied! (I made some last night and boy was it good!!) but if something you want is not on the list, use those 35 weekly pts for it and you are still OP! It sounds to me though that you are really looking into this so I encourage you to stick around this board for awhile and see how people are adjusting to this new program and perhaps you'll want to take the leap and join! You can always try it for one week... you'll have nothing to lose but 7 days and a few lbs!! Then if it doesn't work for you, try something else. But I am here for you if you need me!
Old 09-04-2004, 11:18 PM   #9  

Talking

Had my first WI today, I was pumped!

5 pounds!!!!!

I have never lost that much at one time in my life!!!

This is great. I went to a cook out after and it just made me feel so good, that I was plan the whole afternoon. I went for walk with the baby and came back for coffee. I allowed myself two mini biscotti (plain).

I want to thank you all for letting me lurk this week! the info was great

I just wish I could interact with you all, but most of you are done online,by the time I finally get on!

So, thanks again for the help.

yeahhhhhhhhh for me!
Old 09-05-2004, 09:34 AM   #10  
Janette

Lisa, just keep posting. We will catch up with you the next day.
Kelly, I never averaged before. Not something they talked about at our meetings but looking back at my books (I still have them!) looks like, if I did it right, .5 per week.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:40 AM   #11  

Lisa congrats!! That is an amazing loss!! And lurk all you want and post when you can! We love to hear from you!
Closed Thread