Old 09-21-2012, 12:15 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Nancy, I'm happy to hear that you and the family are pleased with the marker. Watching them dig would not have been something I would want to do either.

I found this reading group through a woman at church. She invited me to join it. There's about 8-10 total, and about 6-8 make it on any one night. The meeting was good tonight. Since this murder happened here a number of people knew some of the people in the story. But, I was the only one who even knew someone who had been affected by a murder personally. The mother of a good friend of mine was murdered by her boyfriend. Actually, I knew someone who was convicted of murder--just remembered that. it was a former teacher from my hometown--he murdered his another man in a love triangle.

Two days of cutting wheat has not been too hard. I bought bread made with rice and potato flour, and I like it. And, of course, there are wheat free cookies I miss yogurt.

Tomorrow I'm working in the yard.

Last edited by Tejas; 09-22-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #32  
Southside White Sox Fan

Can you believe the wedding for Sunday was cancelled!!!!! Gotta go return Jim's sport coat and the rest of his outfit. Haven't decided what to do about my dress. Sheesh. Those kids must be losing a boat load of money on deposits for the hall and all the other stuff....her dress and all the bridesmaids dresses. Oh well.

Off to return land.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #33  

Vickie..wow..did someone back out?? Hope there isn't a devastated groom
or bride to be...

I had so much fun yesterday..Went to my cousins and we thrift store shopped,
went to eat , caught a movie and then I spent the night..She showed me how to
bid on Ebay for things about to end and I got a few necklaces for $1 or $2 with free shipping..Fun !!

Need to work around the house & yard this weekend..

Beautiful weather here today !!

I have done meetup for a ladies hiking group but never thought about a reading group..I will have to look for one..Thanks for the idea..

Last edited by nancy237; 09-21-2012 at 04:07 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #34  
focused and aiming

Nancy, do you use PayPal? What do you think of it?

Vickie, wow! But keep the dress! It's gorgeous. I don't know what to say about the wedding except it's better to find out now than later. Sad.....

Rhonda, Antique Alley is in full swing. We have other plans Sat and Sun, though, so we won't be partaking.

I subbed in Senior Physics today. Curtis and I went out for fish for dinner and are now settled in for the evening. There's a lot of activity between Cleburne and Grandview due to AA. Looks like they will be having a better event this time since the weather is awesome.

Last edited by ontarget; 09-21-2012 at 06:13 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. I am going crazy in "statistics ****". We started a little weight loss group at school, and I am hoping that will get me motivated. I am so busy and stressed about my statistics class that I am neglecting everything. Definitely need to find balance between stats and life! lol
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #36  
focused and aiming

Sloan, be careful. Curtis got an ulcer when he took statistics.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #37  

Sloan..you have a lot on your plate..I couldn't handle half what you are
juggling..

Sandra..I have never had a problem with PayPal. My netflex payment goes thru
Pay Pal also. Once they contacted me that someone was attempting to use my paypal and had me change my account info..I don't know how they knew but they were fast to correct it.

Went on a walk today on a nature trail today and watched about 6 deer that let me get within 20 feet of them.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #38  
focused and aiming

Thank you, Nancy.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:08 AM   #39  

Sandra, I'm thinking a nervous breakdown is in my future I have the option of putting the class on hold, and I am considering it. If I stop for now, I can resume the class in the summer when I have more time. I have another online class starting Oct 15, and I don't think I can handle both. My "real" classes start in January. I will be going one night per week for 18 months. Now that I have seen how studying affects my other activities, I'm sure one class at a time during the school year is the right way for me to do this. That's why I am considering waiting to finish stats in the summer when I don't have school responsibilities.

Nancy, we see deer and other animals all the time where we live. Seeing them always reminds me of God's provision for us! I usually give a quick "thanks" when I see them. BTW, when my "real" classes start, I will not be doing my Bible study. That frees up Monday and Saturday commitments. I am also considering putting my painting on hold as well. I am really learning a lot about my mature adult self and how I am handling all of my activities. It is definitely much, much harder than when I was younger.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #40  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I took classes during the school year, too, back "in the day." It was hard. You're smart to take one at a time. We don't want you having a breakdown.

Curtis is sick this morning. We don't know if it's allergies or cold. I'm guessing allergies, but I don't have the diploma. If he's not better by Monday, I am insisting he get a shot. (even without my diploma)

My food is good. My weight is going back down. And I got a compliment yesterday. I'm a happy camper.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #41  

Can someone remind me if there are any core salad dressings that are "ready made". I don't want to make one
Old 09-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Get a shot of what, Sandra? Bourbon might do the trick! Bourbon helps with statistics too--it clears the head.

Wow, a canceled wedding. I'm with Sandra--keep the dress. We have a family wedding in two weeks.

I had my niece, her husband and their grandson (my 10 year old great nephew) over for dinner last night. We enjoyed ourselves but the casserole I made was really bland. That didn't stop my nephew from eating almost every piece of chicken in it. It had all the right ingredients: chicken, wild rice, mushrooms, leeks, white wine, sour cream, almonds, etc...but just not much pizzazz.

I didn't have much luck with my pancakes this morning either. I used almond flour instead of wheat flour and they did not puff up when cooking and were very thin. I added some wheat flour to the mix and that made all the difference. Next time I'll mix wheat and almond flour and see how they turn out.

My foot is still painful off and on, but I have been able to sleep a few nights with no pain medications. However, the foot remains slightly swollen which affects how it fits in shoes and how it feels. Oh well, it does improve and that's what matters.

I hope you have a great first day of Fall.

Last edited by Tejas; 09-22-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #43  
focused and aiming

Sloan, old CORE any fat free salad dressings are CORE.

Rhonda, a shot of bourbon sounds good to me.

I dodged Antique Alley to get to the store this morning. In doing that, I learned a brand new way and got to see a lot of new scenery. We had lo spaghetti for lunch. Afterwards, I had 12 pts of Dove's Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds. Is that healthy?

Curtis is feeling better. We have folks coming out in a few minutes to fling arrows. I hope he feels well enough to do some coaching. A young (8th Grade) boy and his father (HS VP) are coming as well as one of my gf's. Should be fun. But then my nose isn't running.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarget View Post
Afterwards, I had 12 pts of Dove's Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds.
Hoping that isn't 12 pints

Old 09-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #45  
focused and aiming

Don't I wish. No, it was 12 points.