Old 09-17-2012, 10:17 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Not much here...I stayed home all day long...I didn't even take the dog for her little stroll.

I had two meetings to go to and didn't go to either one of them.

I didn't eat much either
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:57 PM   #17  

Rhonda..I agree the butterfly garden sounds great. I had a butterfly bush last summer and enjoyed the butterflies that it attracted..

Maryann..its neat that you get to do beach walks so often..Makes me want to move to our NC coast.. I think Hope Springs was kinda sad too..

I had a meeting with my financial guy and he was glad to hear that I am about to job hunt..He has not exactly understood why I worked on the house full time, but I had my reasons..It was thearaputic for me in ways that are hard to explain..Now that the house is under control , I am excited about going to work.

I went clothes shopping tonight..a rarity for me ..I found lots of things on the 65% rack that I will be able to wear to work. Also reorganized my closet so that one closet is work clothes and the other is everything else. A friend is coming tomorrow to help me put together outfits from what I have and we are going shopping for whats missing..All year I have picked up pieces from sales & thrift stores so I have some nice outfits without spending much..

Hi to everyone else...
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #18  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I have a wedding on Sunday...my Cousin's daughter. My cousin is my age and we went to school together and have been friends all our lives. Her daughter used to love being with me when she was a little kid and now I get to see her get married.

I hate the stuff my fat self into pantyhose part....and the heels with my poor plantar faciitis and heel spurs, but I think I can handle it for one night. My dress is really cute. Too bad it is the size it is. Anywhoo.....today is hair and Saturday a mani/pedi. Wednesday I have to go to my Sister's to try and press my dress. I and the store tried to steam it but it didn't get the deep packing wrinkles out. I hope we don't melt it! I haven't ironed in years. It is a synthetic so I know I'll have to be careful. The tag says low iron is ok so keep your fingers crossed for me.

My eating has been great as my hiatal hernia has been bothering me. Maybe God wanted to give me a head start with some help like Rhonda's cold.

I also go to the Doctor on Wednesday to find out about my Vitamin D level and my liver numbers. Darn statins! Thursday morning I'll change my tracker to match the Doctor's numbers, brush off for real, and start over hear too.

Have a great day!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #19  

morning chicks.

Vickie, sounds like a busy week. I take Vitamin D every day. My liver numbers were fine this time around. I quit taking the Niaspan and I think that was the culprit. I still take lipitor.

Maryann, congrats on your weight loss. You are doing great. I'm afraid my scale is going in the wrong direction.

Nancy, will you work full time? Sounds like everything is falling into place for you. Any showings yet?

Rhonda, sorry you've been sick. I'm sure a few pounds will be gone if you aren't eating.

Sandra, are you subbing? How is your brother doing?

sloan, I'm sure you are super busy.

My dh is coming home today. We had rain all day yesterday and it's still here today. Temps have cooled down into the 70's.

Have a good week.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #20  
focused and aiming

Hi there. I am home from WW and, sadly, have changed my tracker. Life goes on. My brother is home from the hospital. He's healing well. I'm going to talk with him later today. I've been trying not to hover over him. It's hard.

Pam, I'm glad dh is coming home. I'll bet you're ready to see him.

Vickie, I wish you and your sister the best of luck getting your dress ready. I'll bet it's beautiful. So are you!

Nancy, sounds like you're readying to go to work. I'm glad you were able to work fulltime on your home.

Rhonda, I need your cold. My tummy thinks I just cut my throat. Oh, well, life goes on.

I'm driving up to a new salon (to me that is) in Burleson in a few minutes to get my hair cut and styled. I haven't had a trim or anything in a long time. Too long!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #21  
Southside White Sox Fan

This is my dress.

http://catherines.lanebryant.com/plu...88453&mcid=AFF
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #22  

Love it !!!
That blue is my favorite !!!

We have a scarey storm here right now..
Its so dark it looks like nighttime & there are tornado warnings too..

I was going to dinner with a friend but she lives 30 minutes from me and
should stay home because of the weather & accidents.

I am having so much fun pulling work outfits together..The last time I worked
was 1990, and I didn't pay alot of attention to my clothes then.
Stay at home mom wardrobe was jeans & tee's..
So this is the first time I have tried to pull together a work wardrobe..
Old 09-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #23  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I'm loving it! Thank you for showing it to us.

Nancy, makes me smile thinking of you having fun putting those outfits together.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 200/192/140

Height: 5 ft. 7 in.

Hey all!
I am new to this website and I have some questions about calculating points plus values for Mexican food. Can someone provide a rough estimate for the following meal:

1 grilled chicken taco w/ lettuce, onions, and cilantro (no cheese or sour cream)
1 chicken enchilada (no cheese or sour cream)

I saved a 15 points plus value for this meal so hopefully it is under this amount

Thank you!
LBentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #25  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Storm passed us by the only thing we got was wind.But it still looks like it might rain so I didn't walk today.

Otherwise nothing is new here. I'm staying home today,going to work on my kitchen & bathroom,along with washing my sheets & pillow cases.

Quote:
Maryann..its neat that you get to do beach walks so often..Makes me want to move to our NC coast.. I think Hope Springs was kinda sad too..
NANCY-Thanks I like going to the beach for my beach walking,when I'm not fasting,with 480 calories. I'm doing low carbing with fasting 2 days a week that's helping me. The after the fast day my stomach feels like it shrunk where I don't eat that much. I really like to get down to my original weight between 140 & 145 which I was 15 year ago. That movie was certainly sad for some woman that are in those circumstances.I didn't know that you're going back to work,I guess I must be careful and not skim but actually read the posts.Best of luck in your new career,and have fun deciding what to wear.

Quote:
Maryann, congrats on your weight loss. You are doing great. I'm afraid my scale is going in the wrong direction
PAM-Glad that you had a alternative to another meds that working for you. I'm on Leschol for my cholesterol and Tricor for my triglycerides. I'll have to be on these meds for the rest of my life as my liver doesn't remove the cholesterol . Thanks the only way I can lose is to fast like I posted Nancy.

Quote:
I am home from WW and, sadly, have changed my tracker. Life goes on. My brother is home from the hospital. He's healing well. I'm going to talk with him later today. I've been trying not to hover over him. It's hard.
SANDRA-Happy that the surgery went well and your brother is doing fine. You went thought enough this week and you weren't able to control your eating. I'm sure being home you will be able to go back to your weight loss routine and loss again.

Quote:
I have a wedding on Sunday...my Cousin's daughter. My cousin is my age and we went to school together and have been friends all our lives. Her daughter used to love being with me when she was a little kid and now I get to see her get married.
VICKIE-Thats wonderful that you can be at your friends Daughter wedding. I'm sure you will look stunning in that dress. I agree with Nancy that the perfect color I love all shades of blue.

Quote:
I am new to this website and I have some questions about calculating points plus values for Mexican food.
LBENTLEY-When I'm looking up calories in food I usually go to Living-strong.com or just type [nutritional value on the type of food you're looking for] on your browser and get the info.

Have to go,have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #26  
focused and aiming

L, . That's good advice Maryann gave you. From what I'm seeing a soft chicken taco is 5 pts. A chicken enchilada is also 5 pts; so if you limit your meal to those 2 and nothing else, you still have 5 pts left from your 15 to spend however you wish.

Maryann, thank you for your encouragement. Today is Day 2 back OP. Life is good.

We were outside most of the day today. We had a man helping us transplant 22 groundcover rose bushes and 20 honeysuckles. Hope the rabbits appreciate all the hard work. I made WW spaghetti on whole wheat pasta for lunch. I am thinking a "diet" sandwich for dinner.

Ya'll have a good evening.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:34 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

I'm going to stop eating all wheat and see what, if anything, happens. I do not eat much as it is, but I'll see if this helps. I am also not eating dairy, except for milk in my coffee.

I spent most of today in the house, reading a book about a murder that took place here in 2002. A police officer murdered his wife and almost got away with it. But, he did not--he's in jail. The book was written by a woman reporter who was helpful in making sure a trial happened. I am part of a reading groups and this is our book to discuss tomorrow night.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:59 AM   #28  

How do all of you find these fun & interesting groups ??
Rhonda..I need to find a reading group..That sounds fun.

The marker for Robin's gravesite was placed today. I couldn't handle the first part where they dug down 2 feet to put a foundation under it. Sat that out in the car..But after that my daughter & grandson & I enjoyed the time and were thrilled with how the marker came out. We have to wait 3 days to place flowers in the vase and then I will get some photos..

Tomorrow I am spending the night with my cousin and we plan to go shop, see a movie and eat out..

Sandra..If you run out of space to plant ,come on down here !!
Old 09-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #29  
focused and aiming

Nancy,

We had a good day out. I just finished watering the new plant babies and am now ready to just "chill." My eating's good. I weighed this morning and am down about 1.5 lbs from Tuesday.

Rhonda, enjoy your reading group. Let us know how cutting out wheat works.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Nancy, look at Meetup.com. You can put in your interests and it will link to groups that are meeting near you. My daughter found a group that does crafts, a book club, and a knitting group. It is for anyone that is interested in meeting new people. It is not a dating service. The groups she joined were all women.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote