Old 09-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #76  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Happy Saturday. I'm in the middle of lots of projects and I'm mostly watching what I eat. Getting used to my new orthotics and having some pain so will have to deal with that soon. Getting new glasses and doing all sorts of planning for the multiple Fall birthdays in our family. Today I'm going shopping for two sales that end today. I slept late. I was so tired from everything I worked on yesterday. Mostly budget. Ugh.

Rhonda, hang in there with your foot. I'm approaching 2 years on mine and it is just now beginning to feel normal without pain every day.

Pam, worried about you. Hope your tests come out ok. I'd faint if they told me I needed a procedure. My eye doctor told me I have cataracts started and I was upset! Never mind the heart.

Sloan, you sound like you bit off more than you can chew....just like me!

Sandra, have fun on your trip. Congratulations on your 3 pounds. What on earth are you doing girl. Please share!

Mary Ann, it was kind of you to give Alice a second chance. None of us are perfect.

Nancy....where are you? I've been reading and the last I remember was something about a guy........

Have a great weekend Chicks!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #77  

Height: 5'4"

Pam..sounds like they are on top of things with your tests..could they do a stent in that same artery if they needed to??

Vickie..no guys !! just house showings and shopping..Had 2 showings today
that were 2nd very interested couples..Went to look at a darling cottage style house in my favorite neighborhood. Its in great condition & has updated baths & kitchen. Its on a street that has decent traffic thru but I think I would get used to that. Wondering if the cat would stay out of the street?? He seems to stay close to the house lately..Very near the pool and nature trail going to a huge 300 acre nature park..It seems high per square foot..Deciding whether to make an offer before I have a contract on this house...
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:38 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks! I just finished baking the last of the four two layer wedding cakes that I am making for next Saturday. They will be thawed on Thursday, iced and coated with fondant on Friday, and have sugared grapes added on Saturday after I deliver them to the wedding site. Have eaten cake today

Nancy, sounds like things are busy with your house showing. It's good that you have had so many "lookers". The cottage sounds cute! I hope you get exactly what you want.

Vickie, I have bitten off a huge chunk and am trying to nibble at it every day. I think if I can hang in there, things will be more settled in January. I'm glad you slept in; sounds like you needed it.

Pam, I'm sorry you have to have the heart cath, but it really is the best test. Hope you are back on your feet quickly!

Maryann, I am so happy for your weight loss! You go girl!!

Rhonda, how was the sleep over?

Sandra, we need pics of the lady in black

Hope you chicks have a restful Sunday! TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:58 AM   #79  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I couldn't sleep. Been up since 3:15 this morning. Bad dreams, allergies....sinus headache. Got the whole house up. I tried to skulk out the bedroom. Brodie started whining and woke Jim up. So now we are all up looking at each other. Actually, Jim started laundry. Ugh. There is definitely a nap in our future.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #80  
focused and aiming

We're back. Had a wonderful trip, saw several friends, enjoyed wonderful food, and am now readying for Curtis' bro and his wife to get here tomorrow. They are coming for a day trip. Would you believe we've lived here 5 years and this is their first time here? Ever! They live just south of Austin less than 200 miles away. It'll be good to see them.

I'm subbing Tues-Fri for High School Ag classes.

I have probably gained this week, but I am committing to all of you that I will go to WW Tues afternoon.

Vickie, I'm doing Points Plus. When I stick to my daily points allotment and don't use many WAP's, I lose rather quickly. I've been yo-yo'ing the last few months. Every time I get to or near the 170's, I pop back up. Right now, WW is having us make a challenge (optional, of course) for the 8 weeks up to Thanksgiving. This is the end of Week 1. I'll have a gain what with our eating frenzy on our trip and also having to go to an afternoon WI instead of an AM one. My plan after this week is to lose 1 lb per week till Thanksgiving. (I'm just hoping I haven't gained 8 lbs this week. I'd like to be in the 170's Thanksgiving and not right where I am now.

Pam, let us know what you find out. I am so glad your doctor is having you take precautionary tests. I hope all is well and you get down to Florida to vote.

Rhonda, you're probably more tired than we are what with having grands over, but I'm also guessing you had a wonderful time with them. I hope you get back to tap tap tapping soon. I know you're ready.

Nancy, what did you decide about the cottage? It sounds cute.

Sloan, no pics, my friend. We forgot our camera. Curtis was in several photos with his classmates, but I managed to dodge the cameras.

I know this will bore ya'll, but I need to look at what I ate in writing. I'm not going to detail but will list an overview here. (IT WAS BAD!!)

Friday
b--fruit
l--Subway--------Good so far. Now for the avalanche!
d--Mexican Restaurant with relatives
s--homemade Mississippi Mud Cake with relatives

Saturday
b--Sausage, etc with relatives
l--We ate at a wonderful seafood restaurant with friends
s--light afternoon snack with other friends
d--Curtis' 50th Reunion---buffet, etc...

Sunday
b--I actually had a fruit plate--We ate with some of Curtis' classmates.
l--Snacky lunch with other friends.
s--Burger King on the way home
s--Hershey's Milk chocolate/almonds, cheese crackers, banana
d--Haven't had it yet but may have half a sandwich

Well, that's it for this weekend. I went wayyyyyy beyond my WAP's but could have done worse. Tomorrow--Monday--I'm OP even with our BIL and SIL here. Life goes on.

Hope this didn't bore you too much. I love you, girls.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #81  
focused and aiming

Guess I'm the last one here in Sept unless someone gets here soon.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #82  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, you could have done way WAY worse. And.....the fact that you remember all that you ate to me means that you are mindful of what you were doing. You decided to do it anyway, but at least you were mindful. Next time, maybe you'll decide against one or two things. Good for you.