Old 02-25-2011, 01:31 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Nancy..I fogot to mention e coli, which is a major concern. But if foods are cooked and fruits and veggies are washed, you're doing all you can do. Just take precautions, and don't worry too much.

Vickie, the only issue is that we get up more often than we fall. Going back to WW just might give you what you need. Go for it.

As you know, I have not lost weight this year, and even gained. So, tell me why my clothes from last year fit as well as they did last year. I'm really beginning to believe that most of the gain is muscle. The trainer said it is highly likely. Hmmmm. I still need to and want to lose 40 pounds this year.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:53 PM   #47  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Gee!! I didn't realize I haven't posted here since Tuesday

Its raining and we are expecting heavy winds this afternoon so I'm staying in and cleaning out my kitchen cabinets. Last night my friend Mary and I went out for pizza after our choir rehearsal.No movies this weekend our theater hasn't changed since last week.Oh well there always next week.After I got home I just vegged out.

Quote:
The shooting I was talking about was an archery tournament we went to after Sunday School.

SANDRA-Oh that's funny how I assumed the shooting was in your church.

PAM-Sorry your suffering from those allergies.Hope you're ok by now.Oh that's so sad about you MIL. That a terrible disease luckily my mom, dad and in laws didn't have that.

Sloane=hope you better by the time I'm posting here. My DGC all had some kind of flu or cold that brought the whole family to get it. When you around children you're always apt to get it.

Nancy-I'm so sorry your and Robin are going thought this horrible disease together.You must be exhausted traveling back and forth to the hospitals. I know the feeling watching a loved one and not being able to help them,its very very sad,The Lord bless you and keep you strong for your Robins sake.

Hi Hannah & Pancake welcome to the board.

VICKIE-I see from your post that your going back to WW. Best of luck sorry that JC didn't work for you,but maybe the two in combination well do the trick.

RHONDA-You trainer is right it probably muscle and remember muscle weight more than fat but then muscle will burn fat and you'll start losing right away. I'm stuck at 167=168 and it won't budge.

Have a wonderful day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #48  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, I lost 50 pounds on Jenny so I can't really say it didn't work. It did. I just stopped working IT! Fingers crossed that the combo will work.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:20 PM   #49  

that's the key.......work the program and it works. good luck
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #50  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm up early today, showered and dressed, waiting for the AT & T guy to come and look at our internet connection......again.

And the Great Niece and Great Nephew are coming over while Mama takes the smallest one to the Doctor...on a Saturday. Yikes.

Hunker down Brodie! He's not great with kids.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:14 AM   #51  

Have a great day everyone (Brodie, too!).

I've got a busy day, seeing family and attending a 4 hour meditation retreat. I'll let you know how that goes. I used to meditate daily..decades ago...and thought I'd explore it again.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #52  
Southside White Sox Fan

Have a wonderful time, Rhonda.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #53  
focused and aiming

Hannah and Emily, it's so good having you both joining us. This is a great bunch of ladies. We're sort of Steel Magnolias here.

Nancy, it breaks my heart hearing how sad you sound. My prayers are with you and Robin.

Vickie, rejoining WW sounds good. I'm still going to OA; however, my meetings have been far between the last couple of months due to weather and (The Bachelor).

Rhonda, I like what you said about carb loading. I've been doing that for sure.

Ems, I was wondering where you were keeping yourself. Glad you're back with us.

JoJo, what is a 'bedsit'? Whatever it is, I hope you don't get one next door.

As to archery: Today I shot really well. Tomorrow I hope to do the same. I'm on track to set new national and World FITA records. I'll keep you updated. Right now I'm in the hotel business center and Curtis is asleep. We've been up since 4 AM. Tomorrow we shoot a little later and should get to sleep longer.

I'm tired and prob won't get back here till after we get home tomorrow evening. Ya'll have a fun weekend.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:32 PM   #54  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I woke up to snow ,but it was melting,and after breakfast it was gone. . I had to go to the bank and deposit some IRA checks and than go to the hairdressers to get my mop cut shaped and blow dried. I haven't had my hair styled since before Christmas.

VICKIE-I know, you did terrific.Hope the WW can help you as a few woman that I know and others on another board, didn't like the points plus program and went back to the reg one.

RHONDA-Have fun with your family this weekend.

SANDRA-Best wishes to win the National & World NITA records.

Have a great evening I going to start my dinner.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #55  

Yea, Sandra!!!! Good luck to you and Curtis!

The brunch with family was tasty, and the meditation was very refreshing, and I think I'll bring a daily practice back into my life. It was led by a sweet, young Buddhist monk from Dallas whom some of the church members have as a mediation leader.

I'm in for the evening, and I'm happy to be. I've been running around a lot this past week.

So far, I've had 1000 calories, 500 to go for the evening. I think I'll have a frozen dinner of some sort because DH said he's having left overs. That's easy.

Have a good evening.

Rhonda
Old 02-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #56  

I am not sure about the rules for posting links but I thought everyone would get a good laugh from this.. It's a diary from a lady who was given a gift of a week at a gym with a trainer .

Rhonda ...I thought of you & Todd when I read this ..I think you will like it.

http://www.mesmarty.com/2009/06/04/a...ek-at-the-gym/.

Last edited by nancy237; 02-27-2011 at 12:05 PM. Reason: diary not dairy LOL
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:37 AM   #57  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Thanks, as always for the moral support.

Nancy, THAT was funny. Glad you are enjoying some laughs along the way.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:39 PM   #58  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Woke up late and to snow again, didn't think I was going to church,but I got there as the road were cleared. The trees,grass & cars were full of snow.

Only one of my friends got to church and brunch,talked about the Oscars tonight we hoping that the movie King Speech will win the Oscar for best picture and actors[King & Teacher] award.

RHONDA-Glad you had a wonderful brunch with the family. I'm going back to exercising but every slowly that I don't hurt my knee again. I don't really cook on Sundays I head for the frozen entrees also.

NANCY-That was funny, thanks for sharing.

VICKIE-Sorry,hope you know that I support you all the way,but I just wanted to report to you want I heard from different woman about the new program WW as put out.

Have a wonderful Sunday,see you guys in the morning
Old 02-27-2011, 02:33 PM   #59  
Southside White Sox Fan

I understand, Mary Ann. I'm going to give it a try. It can't hurt and besides, everyone is different.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #60  

Nancy, that was hilarious. I have definitely been known to tell a trainer "I like you today, but in 24 hours I'm going to hate you."

I'm having a great day, and I hope that you all are!