Old 11-01-2010, 02:12 AM   #1  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Default Nov. 1st-7th

Morning all. I'm so glad the weekend is over. For some reason, hubby and I have lost a heck of a lot of ground, this weekend, getting over the loss of our beautiful daughter. We have had an horrendous weekend. I suppose it is still early days. Goodness knows how much damage we have done to our waistlines but when all is said and done, today is the start of a new week and we must just put the old one behind us. It hasn't helped that, this morning, we have to go and change our wills... cheerful little soul aren't I?
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi chickies! I'm up at 1:45 with a sore throat, ugh I, too, am in the round fruit group; no pear here. My eating is still crazy. I may have gained two pounds, but I fluctuate a lot with water retention, so I'm not really sure.

Sandra, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You are awesome! Congrats on your victory! P.S. I don't think you look like Aunt Bea, either.

Rhonda, only two more days! Hang in there

Nancy, good luck with your eating plan. Don't give up. You (we) can do this!

Jojo, thanks for the new pages. I guess you are up starting your day, and I should be asleep. I hope this week is better than last for you and Mark. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Maryann, I'm so sorry about your sadness. I'm sure that being in pain is not helping. Maybe the ortho doc will have some good news for you. I'll be praying for you.

Hey to the rest of you chickies! I'm going to try and go back to sleep. TTFN

Last edited by sloanie; 11-01-2010 at 02:55 AM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning:

I hope you got back to sleep, Sloan. I experience insomnia from time to time myself, but certainly less so since I retired.

Ah, Jojo. What an awful loss you have experienced. It will take forever to integrate it, if that is even possible when your child dies. I hope that this week is better, whatever that might look like for you and your husband.

I noticed today in the news that the UK is selling one half of its public forests to private enterprise. I don't know what the UK needs to do, but that sounds really drastic. What do you think?

I'm spending today validating mail-in ballots, and tomorrow I'll be an alternate precinct judge all day. We don't even have enough people to give judges and alternates a break. We have to arrive at 6AM and stay at least another hour after the polls close at 7PM. Ridiculous.

My dance performance is one month and a day away. So, my next obsession will be learning the two dances. I think that my eating will be pristine this month!

I've also found another craft I like: making jewelry. There are some very creative people out there, and I don't feel like I am particularly inventive. But, I can copy patterns like crazy! I've already made 3 necklace and earring sets: each of them original, actually. Now to sell, baby, sell!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:43 AM   #4  

Sloan ..hope you feel better. Are you staying home today to get well or
working ??

JoJo...I am so sorry this has been a tough week. Sometimes for me when I was grieving after a tough spell things can feel better than they did before the tough spell . I hope that is what you experience. Sorta like the toughest time is just before a new level of healing...
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 07:39 PM   #5  

Stayed home from work today, and I still feel yukky I have a big inservice that I need to attend tomorrow, so I hope I wake up feeling better. Hope you all have had a good day. TTFN
Old 11-01-2010, 09:36 PM   #6  

sloan...
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:43 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

JoJo, :hugs: I wish I could say something to make you feel better.

Sloan, Curtis was awake almost all night, too, with a sore throat. I hope you're feeling better.

Rhonda, sounds like you have a fun month ahead. My eating was better today, too, so I'm looking for a good month as well.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Rats...the Rangers lost!

Well, the Giants came to win, and they did.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:52 AM   #9  
hopeless but harmless

Thanks girls. We know we have to expect good days and bad days, but the bad ones are pretty grim
. This SUDEP.. (sudden unexpected death in epilepsy) was a complete shock to us No one had told us about the possibility. I don't think it was known about when I was nursing.Its the same with all parents, a huge shock. We belong to a support group and the counsellor is wonderful.
This morning we are going away for the day, Mark has decided that a bit of a change of scene, bit of sight seeing and a nice meal out will do us the world of good. And to **** with the diet this week.
Thanks again, you are a special bunch of folk
Old 11-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #10  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Sorry that I was MIA for several days,and while absent I had my own pity party.
I fine today,even if it was Leo 's 1 year anniversary and the funeral of my friend Mary's DH. My friend Alice and a few other woman I knew where there at Leo's mass and then stayed for the funeral.Alice & I went to dunkin donuts for coffee between both.

One my way out I met several woman that told me about the injection of the knee. It seems like they have a gooey substance that they inject into the knee,that suppose to adhesive to the fix cartilage to make the two bones no long rub again each other.They say lots of people with knee problems like mine use this method and are doing fine. So hopefully it will work for me.

I'll post tomorrow as I want to get on the sofa and rest my knee.Have a nice evening.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

JoJo, it's good that you and Mark have each other for support. I worry about my son all the time. He commutes over 50 miles daily to work often returning late at night as he covers school board meetings and other school-related events. He's seen several wrecks and one time he hit a deer but wasn't injured himself. I worry. You two do what you need to do. I still wish there were something I could say to help.

Rhonda, we enjoyed the ride with the Rangers, too.

We're enjoying the rain today. Glad we've already voted. I'm planning to make some faux fried veggies later this afternoon. Life is good.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #12  

Have you chicks seen the chatter on the momentum thread about the new ww program? Here is a site that they shared: http://www.weightwatchersmediacentre...ess%20Pack.pdf

Interesting!
Old 11-03-2010, 02:46 AM   #13  
hopeless but harmless

Morning/afternoon all. We had a lovely day yesterday. Despite the weather, it was just what we needed. The forecast was for mild, spring-like weather with bright sunlight. We awoke to steel grey skies and a bitter howling gale.
We still went away, just wrapped up warm.
We did a bit of Christmas shopping and had a lovely meal. I'm back on track with my diet, just hope I haven't done too much damage.
All last evening, and through the night the BBC covered your election. Listening to people being interviewed as they came out after voting, your worries and concerns about the economy and where the country is heading are exactly the same as ours over here.
Going to see my mum this morning (she needs the target practice)
Old 11-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #14  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

It was a another late morning for me,as I got up just a while ago.My friend Mary called,she doing fine as much as expected,her DD is staying for another day,so I will be going to Boston alone to see the Boston Symphony Rehearsal if this knee hold up.

Had a very bad night I had to rely on the pain killers instead of the Aleive and now I feel like a zombie.Was thinking about going to the cemetery today but that out for another day or two.

SLOAN-Oh No!!! I Hope your sore throat is better now. This is the season where you really don't know what illness you'll get after a sore throat appears,hope it won't be serious. Thanks I feeling a lot better today,wish my knee felt that way.

JOJO-So sorry you had a awful weekend here's to a better one a head. Its so hard to lose a loved one especially when you lost a child. Prayers your way

Have to go and rest my knee,have a nice day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

Hi there, Chickies. We just had some Taco Soup for lunch. It's perfect weather for that, too. Now we're waiting to run some errands and to meet a friend.

JoJo, I got tickled when I saw you'd said "target practice." You know what I was thinking. I've been shooting my bow this AM deciding which arrows are best for indoor season. Just keep being a moving target for your mom, and shower her with your wit and humor.

Maryann, I took Tylenol PM last night and have been groggy, too. I hope you get to go to the symphony. Is there someone else who can go with you if Mary isn't up to going?

Sloan, I couldn't access that website. Do you know when new program starts?

Last edited by ontarget; 11-03-2010 at 01:39 PM.