Old 11-04-2010, 09:04 PM   #31  
focused and aiming

Vickie, it's good to see you here. Have you heard from Angela?

Nancy and Sloan, it's going to be fun watching ya'll head on down to 130. Wish I could join you.

Sloan, I popped over to the Momentum board and did some reading. The new program sounds really interesting.

I'm subbing tomorrow so eating shouldn't be a problem. Ya'll have a good evening. I'll catch you later.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:26 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everybody:

OK, I can report that the democratic process is very well executed in my county. I've seen the inside workings of it and have no issues with anything but the final outcome.

I had hoped to get to the gym today, but did not. I did go to a tap practice this morning and did fairly well. I slept again for 3 hours this afternoon. The current plan is to go to aquafit if I wake up in time. Actually, the doggie wakes me up about 6AM everyday, so I will wake up, but we'll see if I stay up.

I hope you've all had a good night, and that Jojo is waking up soon to a beautiful new day.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:35 AM   #33  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Pam Beth died on May 26th this year. 2 weeks short of her 32nd birthday, the day before her dad's birthday and 5 days before mine. She was beautiful. Autistic and epileptic with a **** of a sense of humour, if you just looked for it. She died of a syndrome called SUDEP Sudden Death in Epilepsy. There is no diagnosis for it and no way of predicting if it will hit. It has been a terrific shock, we had been her carers for over 30 years. She was our only child, we lost three babies before she was born.

No Tejas Another grey day, not nice at all. Yesterday was bright, and the sun on the changing leaves made them breathtakingly beautiful

How's the cold Sloanie? Is the cough keeping you awake at night? I give Mark (he sounds like a seal calling for a fish when he starts) a teaspoonful of honey in hot water with a few drops of vinegar. I make it sip it and it stops the tickle, if it's one of those coughs you have. For chesty ones I use a few drops of eucalyptus in boiling water, stick a towel over his head and get him to breath it in. The steam really helps. If all that fails I send him to the doctor!

This remind me of a funny thing. I took my nursing finals exam in 1972. One of sections was a 'give the answer in a sentence' type of questionnaire. One of the questions was 'What is a virus?' An impossible task to explain it in a paragraph, let alone a sentence. We all struggled with that one, except my pal Di she put: 'A virus is something the doctor tells you have when he doesn't know what's wrong with you' She passed too!

Dentist went OK He doesn‘t want to see either of us until the next 6 month check up. Have a good one everyone.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #34  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had a wonderful time a the Boston Symphony Rehearsal yesterday.I went up by bus around 8:15 that the senior center ordered for us.We had 45 with us. Got to Boston around 10:30 and listened the concert until 1 PM and than onto Maggicano's for our 2PM dinner.WoW the food that this place had.It was served family style. Veal & chicken Parm, Roasted Garlic Chicken Meat Lasagna salads and Chocolate Layer Cake. On our way home around 4 ishes the director counted heads and when we got to the bridge out of Boston A woman started coming up from the back of the bus looking at everybody's faces.She than screamed I'm on the wrong bus I want to to to Walpole,We're going to the Cape. Well the driver called her bus to wait for her as we 're going back to the Restaurant. It took us 3/4 of an hours to get back and when we started heading to the Cape it was in the middle of rush hour. Got home late,but it was worth the trip.

My Knee is bothering me as we have a two days of rain and the dampness doesn't help either. TG its only 4 more days and I see the doctor.He will discuss with me what method is right for me,hope its the injections that Nat & Laureen are talking about.I understand that its going to be a 3-4 month recovery period. QUESTION.Can I stand the pain for a little while longer and have the injections after the holiday or do I have it done now and not being able to go down to my DD for TG and Christmas/New Years??

I Heard from another woman on another board that WW is changing there point system again,have any of your meeting goers hear about this change????

Will post individually I have to get to the sofa and put my feet up as my knee is aching again.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies, my cold is hangin' on and is making my nose a wreck! I can't seem to stop sneezing. ugh!

Maryann, your time at the symphony sounds delightful. We have a symphony in Nashville with a brand new symphony hall. I have been to one symphony since the new hall opened, and it was beautiful. What a funny story about the "hitch-hiker" on your bus. Sounds like something I would do. Hope you get some rest for that knee!

Jojo, I love the virus definition. I have to teach my students about pathogens, and getting them to understand about viruses is difficult. I think I'll just use that definition from now on! Glad your dental appt. went well! Now you will have to plan to get your exercise elsewhere!

Rhonda, just think of how tired you would be if you weren't in such good shape. It would take you a month to recover. Sorry the election did not go your way, but you should be very proud of the role you played in the process. I know I'm proud of ya!

Hey to the rest of you chickies.

I've got to get home, but first I think I'll stop and get some "Puffs" tissue for my sore little nosey!

Last edited by sloanie; 11-05-2010 at 05:11 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #36  
focused and aiming

Hi there. I subbed today--but the big news is--I weighed this AM. This was my first wi in 60 days. I was up 3 pounds. Curtis was a hoot. I was handling it great but Curtis was worried I was upset. He told me--"We had that trip to Houston and trips almost always cause a gain." "I weighed this AM, too, and was up 2 pounds from yesterday, so I think the scales are off and you really just gained 1 pound." and "We've both been eating all right; we just need to add exercise."

I had told my OA sponsor last night that I was going to wi. She and I decided I'd say a prayer for acceptance and a good attitude no matter what the scales said. I had told her I was expecting a gain. Even though I have been sugar-free for 150 days, I've not been careful with other foods the last 60 days.

End of story: Today I made wiser food choices. I may even do a little later while watchin TV.

JoJo, thank you for sharing Beth with us. We are here for you any time you need to talk and would love to be a shoulder for you to lean on.

Sloan, are you trying what JoJo said? I copied it and pasted it so I'll have it when needed. I'm going to give it a try.

Maryann, your outing sounds like a lot of fun. I'm sorry you're still hurting, though.

Rhonda, did you make it to aquafit? I got up @ 6:15 this AM. I get up that early when I'm subbing.

Now I need to do some more debating about I'll see you later.

Last edited by ontarget; 11-05-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #37  

Sandra, Jojo's remedies are for cough, but I'm not coughing anymore. I, too, will tuck those remedy ideas away for another sick day. Right now my nose is just pouring! yuk!!! I'm also sneezing a lot. This is a new development as I started out with the sore throat and coughing, but that got better and now it's the nose. What's up with that?

I am proud of your good attitude about the gain vs. your awesome accomplishment of staying sugar free!!!

Last edited by sloanie; 11-05-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:25 PM   #38  
focused and aiming

Thank you, Sloan. I hope you get to feeling better quickly.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:41 PM   #39  

I've figured out a way to get a bit more walking in ...I have been going to the
malls or shopping centers in the evening and walking & shopping at the same time . I am mainly just buying things that I would anyway. Tonight I got dogfood and a pan I needed.
I got a 30 minute beginner workout DVD tonight that I am going to try to
tone & strengthen a bit. I have a YMCA membership that I just can't make myself use yet.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:16 PM   #40  

Jojo, thanks for telling us more about your daughter and your situation. To have lost other children, then her must be really hard. One of my close friends had two infants die from heart problems, then two others were born with the same problems, but have thrived. We go through a lot to bring another generation forward.

Maryann, I'm glad you had a good trip. How awful about that poor lady; she must have been very confused. But, there should have been a better head count, I would think.

Sloan, I hope you feel better soon. I have thought about being in better shape means a quicker recovery.

I didn't go to the gym but did some exercises at home and took a longer than usual walk. Nancy, mall walking works! And, Sandra, good for you all around. You'll get there.

I'm off to bed early tonight. I've got a day long meeting at church tomorrow and the family is coming for chili at 6PM. DH is cooking; it's his one dish, and he does a good job.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:17 PM   #41  

Hey, Vickie, are you out there?
Old 11-06-2010, 03:02 AM   #42  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Would someone please pay the ransom on Vickie. She hasn't been around for ages.

Thank you all for your kind messages, it really helps. We are, of course, dreading Christmas. It is always a time for nostalgia and this year will be very hard for us remembering other Christmas mornings full of laughter and music.

Maryann. That concert sounds wonderful. There is no comparison between hearing a recording and listening live is there. The meal afterwards sounds mouth-watering too. Oh that poor lady. All her worst nightmares come true. I always twitter when I get on a train. The station announcements are always so muffled that you can hardly hear them

Later on this morning we are going for our flu injections. I’m taking a book for the wait. Mark has banned me from taking my knitting. He says I would look like Grandma Clackit. All I need is a rocking chair and duelling banjos playing.

We have an APB out on the sun.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:00 AM   #43  

Mornin' chicks, I'm up since four am with a crazy bad headache! This cold is killing me! I've got too much to do to be sick. Actually, this might be God's way to make me be still for a while. Last weekend I did so many projects my sister jokingly accused me of being on crack!

Jojo, I agree, it would be great to hear from Vickie. Hopefully whatever is keeping her from us is fun. We need to get our flu shots, too. Everywhere you turn around here there is a sign advertising flu shots $25.00. There's really no excuse for not getting one.

Rhonda, your day sounds good. Working at church then time with the family, it really doesn't get much better than that. Enjoy your chili, and congrats on not having to do the cooking!

Nancy, I need to get exercising, too. Lately, I have been dreaming of a swim spa. Dream is the key word because they are around $17,000. Oh well, walking is good, too.

I've got to get ready for my leader's meeting for Bible study. Sick or not, I need to be there or I cannot lead my group on Monday night. Have a great day, y'all.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #44  
focused and aiming

Good morning, everybody. We just finished breakfast. I had 1 scrambled egg made with an additional eggwhite. I rolled it in a tortilla after adding homemade salsa. Well, it's sort of homemade. Our local Taco Place just reopened. They make green salsa from scratch. I bought some yesterday.

JoJo, my hair is long enough for me to start French braids but not long enough for me to braid the back--just the top and part of the sides. It's hard to explain but sometimes I think I look younger with them and sometimes older. (Sounds weird, eh?) I'm having fun playing with my hair anyway. When I was a young girl, I had a Toni doll and would play with her hair braiding and doing whatever came to mind. My hair will never be very long, but maybe soon I will be able to braid it and hold the braids with a clip. Was this TMI?

Sloan, Dr. Oz did a show about colds/flus. I'm guessing you already know how to treat your cold. What they mainly said was to treat the symptoms.

Vickie, if you're reading, you're missed. We love you.

The new program sounds interesting. I may go to a meeting after Thanksgiving to get a copy. If I do, that'll mean I'll have to wi before my 30 days are up. I haven't decided if I will peek at the results or not.

I'm going to the store to buy fresh fruit in a few minutes. Curtis will be on the puter most of the day writing an article for a magazine (archery), so I won't be back online till much later. Have a great day, everyone.

Last edited by ontarget; 11-06-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #45  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Can't believe I just got up at 9:30 AM,but I had a bad night with my knee, the Alieve doesn't work anymore and I can't stand or walk, because of the pain. The meds the doctor gave me make me feel like a zombie,so I don't take them. TG I have a doctor appointment on Tues and will know what procedure he's is going to use. I have mixed feeling about the timing. I like to go down to my DD's for Thanksgiving but I also want this knee repaired.

Lost 6 lbs on my W-I this week so I'm down to where I was a year ago.

SLOANE-I heard about the WW point system changing from another woman on another board.Wow I wonder what it be like. I tried to get on the web site you posted and i couldn't get in.==Thanks I have sleeping pills but I hate to use them as they make me feel like a zombie also, My reg gave me a prescription and when I told him I don't like using them he said I don't blame you I wouldn't use them either.

SANDRA-I went by myself on the bus but than found 2 of my friends from the choir that were there. Had a wonderful day even if the old knee was making me walk slowly.I stayed with them all the time. Mary and I are going out for pizza for supper tonight and than go to a movie called Secretariat. I loved that horse when it was running in the Kentucky Derby.

NANCY-Thanks I must agree I had a lot on my plate but with my faith I getting though. My knee is really hurting,so I glad that i have an appointment this Tuesday with the doctor and he'll will discuss what way is the best for me injections or surgery. Have to have some thing done. Going to see the movie Secretariat tonight with my friend Mary.

PAM-Loved the symphony, my dh & I were also fans of classical,country and 50's music. We had rain for 2 days and the dampness really bothered my knee, hopefully today the knee will get better.

RHONDA-I felt so sorry for that poor woman be alone and all that.But when you alone you must have you wits with you and make use your on the right bus, train or plane,you keep on asking before the vehicle leaves.

JOJO-As I said before I love classical music and it was so beautiful listening it in person.The other thing I noticed how the conductor stops the the orchestra when he hears the tempo not right he corrects them right away. He stopped them twice when I was there and I didn't hear what he heard i thought they were doing it correctly.

Have to go, my knee is getting tried of sitting have to elevate it,see you gals tomorrow.

Last edited by beach bum; 11-06-2010 at 11:22 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote