Old 09-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #31  
focused and aiming

Hi there. Vickie and JoJo, you're missed.

Nancy, have you had success in your job search? Would hiring be mainly in the summer like the education field?

Sloan, I'd love to come sub for you. Wish I could. I'm sorry you and your family had a tough day. That's odd that you all had it at the same time. I wonder what was triggering that.

Rhonda, have fun at the blues festival. Have a drink for me tonight. I'll be outside flinging arrows readying for the Texas State Senior Games in Houston next month.

I worked in the flowerbeds today an my back didn't hurt at all. I got so happy I cried a little while I was pruning rosebushes. Life i good.

Got to go. I may take a quick nap before my gf gets here to shoot. Night night, Chickies.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:09 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies, my morning started early with my Bible study leader's meeting from 7:30 to 9:30. I am so excited to do this study. This year it is Isaiah. It is a new study for Bible Study Fellowship, and I'm sure it will be very enlightening. After having lunch together, my mom, DS, and I went to an art show/sale at the art studio where I paint. It was very impressive with lots of paintings for sale by local artists. As usual I am evaluating my eating, and I really think 1200 calories makes me go crazy. I hate being "told" when to stop eating. I guess that's why core worked/works for me (when I apply it). I like being able to eat if I'm hungry. So, here I go again on the roller coaster. I will eat my frozen foods that I made (which are core), and I will keep on keepin' on. One of these days, I'll get these pesky pounds off.

Sandra, I'm so happy about your back. That's awesome. Have fun with your GF tonight.

Rhonda, you sneaky chick! Were people nice to you while you were campaigning?

Maryann, you are smart to listen to your body and rest when it tells you to.

Hey to the rest of you chickies!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:23 PM   #33  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I'll bet ya'll really enjoyed the art gallery. Did you buy anything? I'm wishing you the best of success with getting those pounds off. I am very proud of you for what you've already accomplished. You'll get these last few off in no time. I've heard the last few can be the hardest. Just keep on.

We had a lot of fun tonight. It's good to be back working in flowerbeds and shooting my bow.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:51 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Sandra, glad to hear that your back is so much better. Good for you.

Sloan, most people are very nice to people who are doing political block walking. It's not hard once you get going. GET OUT THE VOTE!

Can you send us a picture of some of your art work, Sloan? I'll see if I can post my stained glass work.

I heard a little of the Blues today as I helped to set up a booth. But, I didn't go back out tonight. I'll go tomorrow afternoon.

My eating was OK today, but I did have tacos for lunch. However, they were fish and were not fried. I had about 1/4 C of guacamole, and the same amount of beans and only a bite of rice. I made one of my shakes tonight..really good: skim milk, lf yogurt, lf cottage cheese and a peach.

I did not go to the gym but I will do something physical tomorrow.

I hope you have a good night all.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:33 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Last and first one prize for me!

I changed my avatar so that you can see my stained glass piece. It represents a canyon in west Texas where I hiked. But, mostly, take a look at that right forearm!

Last edited by Tejas; 09-19-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:05 PM   #36  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Just finish reading the local paper and thought I came here for a while. Going to me my friends at the pizza place this afternoon.Was going to go to the movies but they are rated "R" this week and we're looking for a "G" or "GP" one. I know these day are hard to find.

Well tomorrow I'm going on another method of losing weight its the 6 mini meals per day. I think eating 3 meals a day wasn't working so I decided to try the mini meals and see what happens.

RHONDA-I like the new avatar of you,wish I was photographic like you.You looks so slim,congrats on losing inches you look great.

SLOAN-Thanks ,I have too,as I have not one to take care of me,and when the body so NO!!! I have to stop if I like to or not. Our bible study is going to end next week,can't believe that 52 weeks has gone so fast. Our Pastor is going to resume it again in Jan, but now hes concentrating on a few of the books and than write Your Own Life Books.

Have a great afternoon & evening see you guys tomorrow in the A.M.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:36 PM   #37  
focused and aiming

Hubba Hubba, Rhonda!!!! You're so firm!!!!! Thank you for sharing your artwork with us. You're very talented.

Maryann, let us know what ya'll go see.

I was thinking of my post the other week about how I weigh less than before moving to Texas. I think I might have weighed my current weight when we moved down here, but I started gaining immediately. I am feeling really good about having lost back down and am anxious to get my weight down even lower.

My gf is coming again this evening so we can train together. My eating is better today. We'll have taco soup for dinner. Life is good.

Okay, where is everyone? I hope you're all out there having a great--OP!--weekend. How about some of you who are reading stopping by to say, "Hi." We'd like to hear from you.