Old 04-22-2010, 08:09 AM   #31  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its going to another busy day for me,so I'm posting as early as possible.Going to have to get my walking done in between somehow.

RHONDA-Hope you got your walking done yesterday,and with a backpack to boot.That's,wonderful to bring some kind of resistance with you when you walk I usually use my hand weights but I can't until the doctor gives me the ok to use them again.

SLOAN-Sending you some : good vibes: your way. I Love being near the water and that the reason we always moved to areas near the ocean.

VICKIE-Happy to here Brodie is doing Ok after his meds. I love all types of rose bushes [being that's my birthday flower]but we have to many Japanese beetles that eat them every year so I gave up on them.

Have to go,see you guy tomorrow
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

Hi there, Chickies. Melinda came out early this AM and we trained for the Senior Games next week. Curtis came out and shot a few with us but not many. Folks driving by were honking their horns at us. Guess it's unusual to see 2 old ladies outside flinging arrows.

Sloan, I have about 100 rosebushes but around 60 of them are ground cover roses. I'm in the process of moving them around as they are choking the hybrid T's and causing them to be more susceptible (sp?) to blackspot. I have 2 Mr. Lincoln's. We had 1 when we lived in Montana and the deer kept it mowed down to knee height. The 2 here are thriving. I have a few blossoms in the kitchen now along with several other blooms.

Vickie, you're right. Life gets in the way sometimes. I'm scheduled to go to a fundraiser tonight (breast cancer) and a meal will be served. I don't have a clue what it will be so I'll just do the best I can. I have a Peace climber that's looking pretty good and also a Peace bush. Curtis and I are taking drops (under the tongue 3 times a day) for allergies. Have you heard of those? They are really helping.

Maryann, sounds like you're having a full day. Enjoy yourself.

I'm off here now to get something done before I have to get ready for tonight. Have a great day, everyone.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:41 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chicks. Nothing much new here. I'm just counting the days until summer break. It is really hard to stay focused at school when the weather is getting warm.

Rhonda, if the study you are doing was a bsf study, the logo would be on the front, and the materials would look like inserts for a 3-ring binder. Believe it or not, Nashville is a pretty big center for printing. There are several printing companies here.

Vickie, sorry about your allergies. I noticed my eyes itching a lot today. Here in Middle Tennessee we have a light coating of yellow pollen on everything! I hope you feel better, soon.

Sandra, your roses sound awesome. I always loved the ones my dad grew. Maybe one day I'll get brave and plant some myself. Is there a particular kind that is hardy and easy to grow? We have 100 degree summers and sometimes dip below freezing in the winter. Our soil is rocky, and we only have a small area that gets full sun for most of the day. The rest of the yard is partially shady. Enjoy your night out!

Maryann, I closed my eyes and imagined being on the beach when I got your vibes! Thanks. We are bracing for bad weather for the next three day, so I'll be staying inside.

DH is working on a car outside before the weather gets bad, so I'm just hanging out. I'll check back on y'all later
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:42 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

No, Sloan, it must not be "bsf". It's probably a program specific to the Methodist church...don't know, really. I'm a Unitarian but thought I'd take this course (was reared Methodist).

Our weather has been strange. Lots of rain, clouds...one day of sun, now back to rain. But, I had some time to get in a 2 mile walk tonight between the rain drops.

My eating was very low calorie today. I hope this pays off

I'm tired ....going to bed.

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 04-22-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:13 PM   #35  

I went to a organ donor tribute to honor the families of donors.
My cousin's husband (what is that to me ???-I'd like to quit calling him my cousin's husband) was killed August 20th last year. His organs went to 7 different people.

So many sad stories..but everyone said the organ donation helped them
get through the death of their loved one.

Please ..everyone think about being an organ donor and if you want to be, let your family know.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:31 AM   #36  

Nancy, can't you call him by his name? How about "cousin by marriage"? That's what Sandra is to me. Although, really, we're "sisters".

Good morning everyone!

Rhonda
Old 04-23-2010, 08:23 AM   #37  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm up early with presents to wrap and a WW blueberry pie to make. After Jim goes to get the ingredients, that is!

Nancy, I'd call him Cousin and I'm sure there are seven families who call him a blessed Angel.

Hope you all have a beautiful day!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #38  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Another busy day but its going to end ,as I don't have to go back to Physical therapy anymore,they say my neck and shoulder area is back to normal without any pain. I just have to keep up with the exercisers he gave me to strengthen the area.

SANDRA-Happily its going to end,now that everything went back to normal. Glad things are slowing down a bit,now I have more time to walk along the beaches instead of one beach. I'm so Jealous as I told Vickie yesterday I LOVEROSES but some how they don't grow up here,only the Rosa Ragosas [sp] and they are a wild flower that grows in the sand dunes along the beaches.

SLOAN-Glad to hear you like the vibes.I'm so happy that the nice weather is here and we can walk along the be before the crowds come.

Have a nice day
Old 04-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #39  
focused and aiming

Hi there, Chickies. I just have a second here but wanted to drop in to say that I'm OP and Rhonda is most definitely my sister. She's also my favorite cousin.

Have a good day, all.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:05 PM   #40  

Today I had the most wonderful massage by a young woman here who is a registered massage therapist. I was concerned that my neck and shoulder might be worse off but they improved. (I have some degenerating discs in my neck).

I've had only 800 calories so far today so I think I'll eat dinner. Then, off to the arts and jazz festival. I went to aquafit, and tomorrow I see Torture Todd.

I hope everyone has a good evening.

Rhonda
Old 04-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #41  
focused and aiming

Okay, Rhonda, now I'm worrying about you. Are you all right?
Old 04-24-2010, 09:07 AM   #42  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Don't have to go to my PT anymore but he gave me exercises to do 3 x's per day. Went down to the beach and walked for 20m as the wind was really picking up and it was hard to walk with that going on.In the evening I went to my friends house to see a rented movies but we all didin't know how to use the DVD and wound up see a old demand movie [The Thomas Crown Affair]1968 movies.

Rhonda=I have a degenerating disc on the base of my neck also and the sub therapist told me of an exercise that you can do before you wake up.

Lay flat on the bed,pull your tummy in and than pull your shoulders to toward the bed and reach down with both arms to your side stretching as much as possible and than hold for 5 seconds,don't forget to breath do the reps 5 x's. I tell you my neck felt so good after doing these exercisers.

I'm free and pain and I don't have to go back to therapy anymore,but before I left my therapist gave me other exercise for my neck.

Have to get ready to get my walking done,if I don't get a chance to back ere have a nice weekend.

Last edited by beach bum; 04-24-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:34 AM   #43  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I have a triple birthday party to attend today for my Niece who is turning 43 and for her two daughters, 9 and 4! It will be a wild event with a dark chocolate fountain. Oh oh.......

I'll bring my JC food with and eat on program all day. I'll skip my snack so I can have a couple of dipped items. After all the dark chocolate is good for me, right!

Hugs to you all. Stay on program today and I'll talk to you all soon.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:59 AM   #44  

Vickie...

Have you forgotten our special "LIST" so soon???
Dark Chocolate is health food and does not count!!

I am spreading pine straw today with some help.
The guy who helped with weeds ripped out a huge bed of phlox(sp?)
I rescued it from the weed pile and think I can save most of it.
It was overdue to be thinned anyway

I am leanring new things this week. Just fixed our toilet with a part from the hardware store.
Learning to clean the pool, and had to crawl under the house to turn on faucets the other day.

The key thing I must do is completely forget how to do any of this when Robin is all better.
(the way he can't remember how to use the stove )

Last edited by nancy237; 04-24-2010 at 10:09 AM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #45  

Thanks for the exercise Maryann. I'll try it.

And, Vickie, not only is chocolate good for you, it is on the list as Nancy pointed out. And, remember, any good eaten while having a good time has NO calories.

Nancy, selective memory is GOOD. I'm sure it's the key to relationships staying together.

If you need inspiration, go to the Goal section and read about Zelda losing half her body weight over two years I think it was. From the mid-300's to 161. Very heartening.

I'm gone for the day...gym, jazz festival, shopping...you name it!

Rhonda