Old 04-20-2010, 12:51 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Vickie, Dorothy Parker said "It's not one thing after another, it's same damn thing over and over again." I love that, and it applies to new puppies.

Angela, what great news

Well, I'm picking up my CPAP machine in a few hours and tonight will be my first night at home with it. I hope DH doesn't die laughing. He's next; he just doesn't know it yet.

Last week my weight was 178, yesterday it was 184, today it is 179. I think it was all water from eating salty ham. There's a lesson there.

BBL,
Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:30 PM   #17  
focused and aiming

Maryann, just keep on doing what you're doing and those pounds will start to melt away.

Vickie, I'm a boredom eater, too. Sounds like Brodie is keeping ya'll busy. I like Rhonda's quote.

Angela, that's wonderful news about your dad. What a blessing!

Sloan, our church has a Thursday evening Ladies' Bible Study but I haven't started going. Curtis goes to the men's on Monday's though.

Rhonda, good luck with getting Doyle to use the machine. Sounds like water weight to me, too.

I had appointments all morning and now Curtis is with the folks who are selling us some adjoining acreage. Lots going on this week. Maybe I won't have tired for boredom eating.

I am op again today.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:11 PM   #18  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi ladies. I've been enjoying my days with dd this week. I do have to work Thursday and Friday, so we are having a good time. Took her to Boston yesterday with a neighbor and her 2 girls. The 3 girls had a ball! It was a fun day. We went to the Children's museum and then to Fanuel Hall -- its a very touristy area in Boston. There were street performers there and lots going on. By the time we got over there the Marathon was over and lots of people out and about. Caught the 6:10 train home -- but stopped locally for ice cream. It was a great time. Today we stuck close to home -- running errands and a couple appts. Tomorrow dd has the dentist at 8am and I think we're heading the the Cape Cod Canal to do the bike trail. It supposed to be really nice out. Its 14 miles round trip, we did it last year so I know she can make it.

Mom has a meeting on Thursday to discuss her recovery -- I'm hoping they have a time frame to get her home.

Angela, so glad the mass was benign. I'm sure it needed to come out regardless. Something like that should not be there - who knows what it could have turned into.

Vickie, glad things are working out with Brodie. Loved the pictures!!!

Sloan and Maryann, our church has formal Adult Bible Fellowships but also has ones that run during the summer. Maryann, check out your freinds church - they may have a summer program. Our church also has a Womens fellowship/descipleship that runs all the time. I was raised Catholic, and being part of a Christian Fellowship now is diffent -- much more focused on bible teaching than ceremony.

Well, have fresh green beans ready to cook, my brown rice is done and grilled pork loin is resting in my warming oven. DD was supposed to go to karate this afternoon, but she decided to skip it this week. OK with me! I not only have dinner ready (usually have it ready before we go so we can eat when we get home) I have an hour to do nothing!!!

Have a great night!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:42 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies! Busy day at school today but quiet evening at home tonight. My plans are to sit right here on the couch, watch Lost at 8 pm, then go to bed. I did walk with my friend this morning, so that's good. My eating is weird, but still under 1200 calories.

Angela, awesome news about your dad. I'm sure he is relieved! Hope his recovery is quick. Maybe your symptoms are allergy related; I hope so. It would be awful to get a cold while recovering from childbirth. Post some new pics of Miles when you feel better

Paula, your "girls day" sounds fun. I'm glad you are getting to spend some time with DD.

Vickie, it's kinda creepy when our pets have parasites. I know it's just part of pet ownership, but I'd rather not have to think about it. Hope the meds do the trick for Brodie!

Sandra, for staying op. I think my head is starting to rebel against calorie restriction, so I'm thinking about just sticking to core. What are you doing right now?

Rhonda, it IS the "same damn thing over and over again" isn't it? I love that quote. Water weight is so hateful I think the trick is to remember that it's impossible to lose or gain 3 or 4 pounds of fat overnight and not panic when the scale is up like that.

GTG find something healthy for dinner. TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:40 PM   #20  

Hey everyone....
I am sorta guilty again of quickly scanning all the posts..
Angela----awesome news!!!!

Robin was moved to a Rehab today and is very glad to be out of the hospital..
The Rehab was very impressive today with getting settled in /admission.
I hope it is as excellent as it seems so far.

I have lots of friends that are helping me work on the the yard before he comes home. We had weeds as high as the shrubs!!
So my week will be weeds,mulching,detailing his truck (or taking it in for that)
and visiting Robin at night.

It is so great to be past the worst part of this operation and seeing progress everyday.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:40 PM   #21  
focused and aiming

Nancy, that's great news about Robin. And won't he be pleasantly surprised with the deweeded yard?

Sloan, I'm eating around 1200 calories a day. So far so good, (but it hasn't even been a week yet.)

Paula, enjoy your timeoff with dd. Do you mind if I ask if you are a single mom or are you married? I apologize for being nosey. I just can't remember.

I'm op.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:30 AM   #22  

Height: 5' 10"

Sandra - not being nosy at all! I'm married, DH spends a lot of time with DD during the week. I work 4 days a week - he's here those day to meet the bus and take her to her activities. I love having some girl days with just the two of us.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #23  

Here's a pic of Miles from Sunday...he's about a week and a half here.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:09 AM   #24  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, OH MY.....how handsome he is! Love the frogs and monkeys.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #25  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Going to make this fast as I have a lot going on this morning and early afternoon.Nothing new,it a beautiful day and I got out early to get my beach walking done, met one of my friends down there.

SLOANE-Than ks for the web site of the bsf.com My friend told me that the new session in our church begins in Sept.

TARGET-Thanks, I lost 1 lb so far now that I started low carbing with the CAD.I know it just water but I glad to see the scale go down.

PAULA-The bible study in our church its on Sat form 9=11 but she told me that the new session begins in Sept.

ANGEL-Thanks for sharing the photo of your baby Miles,what a beautiful eyes he has. Happy to here about you dad.That's great news.

Have to go, will be back tomorrow morning.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #26  

Wow, so much to read! Paula, I love your DD stories and adventures. And, Angela, what a cute baby boy. He's gonna be really spoiled (I hope). Nancy, please send your friends to my house when they're finished at yours. Sloan, I've been going to a bible study at the Methodist church of the gospel of John; VERY interesting. Maryann, I'm going to go take a long walk myself, wearing my new backpack for my trip next week. Vickie, I love your puppy stories too. I don't have it in me to train a puppy, again. Cuzzin Sandra, good for you for being OP. It's a struggle, and I didn't know that you ever got bored

OK, I've been to Todd, and aquafit. I've been shopping and to the bank. (I won't bore you with the details of how complicated it is to get my pension here from Canada. You'd think I was a money launderer or drug trafficker (psst...you want cheap drugs from Canada?). It has been ridiculous and it should be really simple. Oh well.

I've been using the protein powder to help me control eating and still get protein. It's working. Now, I'm going to have salad and zero point soup.

BBL,
Rhonda
Old 04-21-2010, 07:47 PM   #27  
focused and aiming

Paula, thank you for not thinking me nosy. I'll bet you and dd do enjoy your girl time. I didn't have a daughter but I have 4 granddaughters. We like girl time, too.

Rhonda, I hope you get all straightened out soon. I had a small problem with my retirement check when it went to Montana. All went well after just a bit of a hassle.

Angela, Miles is adorable. Thank you for sharing.

Maryann, congrats on being down that pound. Water weight is still weight.

Vickie, how is Brodie today?

I had appointments all morning and this afternoon. Now I'm chillin' for a few before heading out to change the hummingbird feeders. I need to feed and doctor the roses but that may have to wait till tomorrow afternoon.

I am op.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:06 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Ev'nin chicks! I hope y'all had a great day! I did not walk this morning, but I have been op. I bought a core recipe book at a used book store today. I'll let you know if I try any good recipes.

Rhonda, the BSF study is on the gospel of John. Is that the study you are doing? BSF is international, and every class from here to China is studying the same thing each week.

Sandra, how many rose bushes do you have? My dad had roses when we were growing up, but I have never had much luck with them. I always loved the Mr. Lincoln. It was so beautiful! Congrats on being op. DD and I were discussing core vs. calorie counting today. I'm still counting, but I think I'm gonna move back to core pretty soon.

Maryann, I'm jealous of your walks on the beach. Send me some good vibes the next time you go.

Angela, Mr. Miles looks so big. Is he holding his head up already? I have forgotten when those developmental milestones are reached, but I'm impressed! He is beautiful!

Nancy, I'm so glad to hear about Robin's rehab. I hope since you can only visit in the evening, you will take some time to treat yourself. It's awesome that your friends are helping with the yard work. Let them do it, and you get some rest.

Hey Vickie and Paula!

I'm gonna turn in. It's past my bedtime Nighty, night!!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:58 PM   #29  

Sloan, the guide we are using is: Invitation to John by Robert D. Kysar. I don't see any BSF reference. The book says "Discipline Bible Study" and it is published by Abingdon Press in..are you ready...Nashville.

I'm tired too and headed for bed. Sweet dreams everyone, especially little Miles.

Rhonda
Old 04-22-2010, 07:07 AM   #30  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I am up before the rooster crows this morning. I couldn't sleep as my allergies are in full gear. Today I have to go back in and fight about my glasses some more. They didn't make the right lens properly and I'm trying to get them to redo the lens and I HATE the frames. They've tried to adjust them twice now and they feel like instruments of torture.

Brodie is doing well on his medicine so far. Only time will tell. He's like the liver sausage delivery system and the plain yogurt we've been giving to restore his good bacteria.

I'm glad everyone is doing well. Sandra, extra congratulations for being on program. I know it's been tough for you. Actually, everyone has their life issues right about now. Congratulations to us all for each meal we stay on program.

We are leaving baby Brodie while we run errands today and have dinner tonight. Fingers crossed that all goes well.

My favorite rose bush is the Peace rose. It was my Mom's favorite and I love its smell. I don't care for the smell of a lot of roses, but I love the Peace and it always brings a smile to my face.
http://bp2.blogger.com/_VAbdC3cvG7g/...egrp2webcc.jpg
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote