Old 04-14-2008, 09:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Core Chat: April 14- April 20

New Pages
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:49 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Well, did some thinking over the weekend about how I started off so well, then quickly got back to the old habits where I just can't lose. I decided that I need to recommit. I've been praying that God give me the strength I need to stick to plan. I also decided to not go to wi tomorrow. I've screwed around way too much this past week. I need to focus one meal at a time, I also need to cut back on portions and slow down when I eat. It worked well today. I brought my lunch - ate part at noon, then a piece of fruit at while later. I finally had the veggies and dip for a 4:00 snack. I brought home 3 other pieces of fruit. What I had been doing is eat all that at lunch. Then come late after noon start looking for junk. I was full after 1/2 of what I would have otherwise eaten. It was all core, but I think I've been over dueing and eating too much when I'm not hungry.

Another reason I need to get serious - I went shopping this weekend for new spring clothes. I was not happy with how I looked in the mirror - especially when changing. I just looked fat and floppy. I did find a few things and tried on some of the things I bought last year. I need to lose 10 pds to feel good about how I look.

So, I may start posting my menu's daily. I do log them on WW on line, but if I report to you all, it may help me stay on track. One thing I have failed to do over the past few weeks is have something for a snack that is core. I've been grazing on non core things too much.

Well, thats it for me today. Once again a new start. I do think my heart is in it more today. Thanks for listening.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:49 PM   #3  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Hi all. WI tonight and lost another 3 1/2 lbs!! Thats a total of 16 lbs in 1 month. I really do love core. It's working so well for me. I've pretty much gotten my whole family eating this way and not even complaining. Although they still have the munchies that I don't eat like doritos and coke and other fattening things. Plus I make slight changes on some of their meals. I eat a 100 calorie pack here and there, but I try to stay away from doing that too often. After the meeting I had my water aerobics class and I really felt good. Made my knee (I have a bad knee) feel so good. I got home and my DBF had dinner all made for me. Grilled chicken, sweet potato for me and baked for them, and broccoli. I actually made a sauce for the chicken and he put it on my chicken and they had barbecue sauce on theirs. I posted a recipe under the entrees called Rootbeer chicken and I made the sauce for that and my DBF used that when grilling my chicken. It was very good. It actually tastes like barbecue chicken, but it's core. Anyway, I'm feeling good and wanted to share.

twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:23 AM   #4  

Tweesta, congrats on the loss!! Thats amazing. Core does work so well (of course, when you truley follow it). Not following it properly has been my problem.

But today is a new day. So far I've had 2 boiled eggs and strawberries. To slow myself down eating, I cut each egg iinto quarters and I cut the berries into smaller pieces. I took my time eating. So, I feel I'm off to a good start.

Got to take dd to gymnastics this morning and then she is having a freind over. I'm hoping to get some yard work done while they are playing.

BBL
Old 04-15-2008, 11:23 AM   #5  

Morning all!

I am back to normal after the flu last week. I didn't work out at all. I started back working out last night. I feel much better and am back on program. I hardly ate anything last week so I "lost" 8lbs. I will weigh-in next week to see my true numbers.

Twesta -- Glad to have you here and congratulations on your loss.

Paula- I have been re-evaluating some things concerning weight loss myself and I have decided I have to do what is best for me I decided to continue on and try to set a deadline for myself and have this over wit in a year.(I don't want to be in the same place next year) I am tired of the same struggle year after year. Let's encourage each other to just do it. I have to be as deligent as I was when I lost the first 42 pounds. I had to come to the conclusion that no one plateaus for months at a time.

Enough of my ranting have a great day everyone.

Last edited by Mercee; 04-15-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:25 AM   #6  

Wow!! This board is very slow this week. Come on ladies let's get going.
Mercee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:46 PM   #7  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Thanks Mercee and Paula. I guess because I am new, only 4 weeks on the program, I am a little more geeked and trying to be very careful about what I put in my mouth. Although summer is coming and the fresh fruits and vegetables are always better. My DBF is behind me on this as well. He's helping me for the most part, although he still eats his fritos in front of me, but so far it hasn't bothered me. So I'm pretty happy about my loss so far. I did flex years ago and I did well, but not this well. I hope it keeps coming off. I just try new foods and recipes and try not to eat the same old things. That way I don't get bored with it and that makes it easier to stay on track. I've found so many recipes on this site and on the internet. Although I already have some favorites that I've made a few times.

Tracie
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:25 PM   #8  

Tracie, its great that your DBF is behind you and supporting you. My DH is wonderful that way as well. He knows when to comment on what I eat and when not to. I love your enthusiasm, I need to get some from you!!!

Mercee - l know what you mean about setting deadlines. I need to get back to my goal by Memorial Day. Thats my target. I did great when I first lost and made lifetime (Started Sept 2004 and lost 40 pds by May 2005) I kept at goal for all of that summer, but by Sept 2005 I was about 5 pds over and now its 9 pds over. It gets so easy to get comfortable with a few extra. My skinny clothes still fit, sort of. When I went shopping I was not happy with the look. It does help to have support here and at my meetings. I look at this board as my daily meeting

For lunch - has tomato soup, lf roast beef in a one point pita. I then raked leaved for 15 minutes and now dd and I are heading out for a walk. BBL.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:35 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Paula, thank you for posting about your recommitment. I needed to read it. Maybe it will help jumpstart me. I'm floundering.

Tracie, on losing 15 pounds. I am proud of you. You've heard that proverbial click for sure. Nothing Geeky about that.

Mercee, sounds like you have a good plan. I like your idea of having a deadline. Like I said earlier, "I'm floundering." No one's fault but mine. I need to make up my mind if I even want to lose weight or not. Right now I'm not sure.

Sounds like I'm whining, but I'm really not. I'm not depressed or anything. I am just trying to figure out if I want to do what it takes to lose. Does that make sense?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:11 PM   #10  

Sandra,
I am totally with you on that "do I really want to do it" decision. Now that I have lost the weight once, I know the hard work that goes in to it, and it's not all new and fun like it was the first time. It's really a hard decision, and quite the trade-off. Whether I should or not, I DO get comfort from eating "bad" foods. Am I willing to give that up and add all the hard work? Is it worth it? I am feeling overwhelmed by all I have going on now, so would adding more work be a good idea? But again, I have the frustration of not fitting my clothes and feeling yucky to battle if I don't.

So, I totally understand your struggle. You are not alone.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:47 PM   #11  

Hi All:

I'm reading but have nothing much to say. I'm not doing too badly with food...except for the reception I attended tonight. I'm not drinking any alcohol at all, as much as I love a glass of wine now and again.

I'm not getting my exercise except for walking about 40 minutes everyday.

And, I'm dogged tired from work. And I AM whining!

Rhonda
Old 04-15-2008, 08:12 PM   #12  

Hi Everyone
Just checking in.
Weight wasnt good last night. Gained 2 lbs again. I gained 2 last week too.
I have got to get back on track. I know I keep saying that. But I just cant seem to get there for some reason. So dont know why I cant get back too it. I am just eating everything that I shouldnt.
I was wanting to try and get enough weight off by the end of May. So I could go and get a new outfit for a wedding the first part of June. But dont look like I will be doing that. I was wanting to lose 14 lbs. Maybe something will click and I can get back on track.
Well I havent read the post. So need to go and do that. Soi I can see how everyone is doing.
I am thinking of everyone.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:33 PM   #13  

Evening everyone
Where are Vickie and Frouf?? hope everything is ok!
This was a tough tough week for dh and I.... he was very close to getting a job but it fell thru. So back to the drawing board again...very hard on the emotional roller coaster. I didnt eat my way thru it though..most times my stomach couldnt handle any food... and I lost 4 pounds. Not a good way to do it though but it makes me feel like Im back on track again. Im aiming for around 20 gone before the wedding. Im hoping its all gone off my stomach. Im working on that area and my arms. Its finally warming up around here and the snow is finally melting. I can see half my patio...maybe I can barbcue this weekend..
Hi and welcome to Tracy and Mercee!! you found a great home here! These gals are great!!
Coco time to put the brakes on ... did you look into some exercise program yet?
Sandra did I read right..you shoot arrows in your house now?? haha thats funny. Dh used to play darts in the house and I was always yelling at him not to hit the walls..couldnt imagine arrows!!
Angela what ended up being on the menu for the ladies...you have a challenge every day with the work you do...I know I couldnt do it and lose..
Im off now ladies..ttyl have a good week!
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:51 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

Thank you for telling me, Angela. Maybe we'll get this figured out soon.

Rhonda, Curtis and I are wanting some wine. I think 40 min of walking each day is a lot.

Join the club, Coco. Sounds like you're doing like Angela and me.

Patti, I'm sorry dh didn't get the job. Keep your spirits up. The right job will come along. We aren't shooting in our new home yet. We won't move in for another month or so. Right now, we're still shooting in the playhouse.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:39 AM   #15  

Morning All:

Patti, sorry to hear about your DH and the job. It's really hard to be unemployed, and to be the supportive spouse is also difficult. It feels like such a rejection. We'll all keep our fingers crossed for you both.

Spring is really here...buds on the trees, flowers poking up through the soil, birds singing....all the signs!

I'm feeling quite motivated today and there aren't any events planned that should undermine me. I've got to do a radio interview this morning about our program. I have to drive across town which is a pain, but...

OK, have a great day everyone.

Rhonda