Old 04-19-2008, 08:59 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Yard sales are definitely work...too much for me.

Has anyone heard from Vickie? I read about an earthquake in Illinois! Good grief.

Well, I ate very little today, drank lots of water and raked all the dead leaves away from the front garden. Lots of little green things trying to come up.

Hope everyone has had a good day.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:34 PM   #32  
focused and aiming

I'm here. We took a couple of teenage boys with us to a 3D tournament today and had a blast. Our weather is gorgeous (80ish) and the birds are all overthe place. Yesterday I looked wayyyyyy up in the sky and saw a mockingbird acting like it was being shot at or something. It was doing flying acrobatics then swooped down through the backyard. When it got low enough, I could see 2 tiny hummingbirds chasing it. I thought it was funny till Curtis told me the mockingbird had probably destroyed the hummingbirds' nest.

Coco, this weekend is "Antique Alley" on the farm road close to us. It runs about 30 miles. There are garage sales everywhere as well as all other kinds of flea market type setups. There are a lot of folks shopping. I don't know if they're buying much, but they're out there looking.

Rhonda, good for you getting back into exercise. We're going back to the 3D tournament tomorrow and will do a lot of hiking in the woods. Monday we'll be back to working in the yard and to unloading the playhouse. I won't be doing any planned exercise till we get our new home. We're devoting one room to exercise, office, and workroom.

Frouf, thank you for the update on the dance competition. Sounds like you hada lot of fun. Congratulations to dd. I love reading about her performances.

Vickie, how are you doing? I hope life's being good to you.

Angela, I'm still undecided. How about you?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:05 PM   #33  

Same here Sandra...same here.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:23 PM   #34  

Hi everybody,
I just started core today and also joined the board today. This looks like a fun place! Has everyone had a pretty good experience on core? Looking forward to "talking!"
Kenzie
HaremGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:38 AM   #35  

Kenzie,

Core works if you truly follow the program. I lost almost 50 pounds a few years ago on Core, and got my Lifetime. I like Core because it really encourages healthy eating, as well as weight loss. I felt more energy and I felt really great about how I looked. Unfortunately, some stressful events and general laziness on my part has resulted in me gaining back about half what I lost.

But, it's not the program's fault. I think what I failed to realize was that this is indeed a lifestyle change, and you can't go back to eating how you were before, ever. I know that now, so I think that's what is stopping me from re-comitting to Core completely.

Anyway, long answer to a short question. I think you've made a good choice to follow the Core plan. Make sure to follow it to the letter, give it a good month to get used to it, and drink plenty of water. Some of our members have noticed that water is even more important on this plan than others.

Good luck,and keep us informed! We love newcomers.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:19 PM   #36  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

I love the Core Plan. The last time I joined ww, I followed the flex plan and I did alright on it, but as Angela said, I had to realize it was a lifestyle change and not go back to the way I used to eat. When I joined this time, my friend joined a week before me and talked me into following the Core plan. I feel it is quite easy and after only 4 weeks of following the plan I'm down 16 lbs. I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow and see what I lost this week.
I also have tons more energy and feel you eat a lot healthier following core. The one thing I have found is that I rarely use my 35 wp for junk. I have seemed to lost the craving! Once in a great while I will eat a 100 calorie pack of goldfish or the salty snacks, but if I want salt, I usually eat the 94% fat free microwave popcorn. And that's not that often either.
There are also tons of recipes out there that are core friendly or almost core friendly. I don't think I've ate this good ever, and don't feel at all deprived.

twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #37  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well the china and silverware are being washed yet again - the soup and leftovers put away and another passover seder is done with - I am exhausted! So much preparation and cooking and cleaning - but it was fun. Had friends over last night - but tonight just dd's bf and us.

Did not sleep well last night (5 hrs) probably due to all the wine and food!...tried to grab a nap this afternoon but barely slept - had to get up and make yet another pot of chicken soup....and start cooking - hoping to get to bed early tonight (waiting for dryer to buzz).

...and Dh and ds and I did go for a 45 min walk as it was so lovely out - but alas I forgot to put on my pedometer - what a bummer - would have been neat to see how many 'steps' I took.

Rhonda - congrats on the gym thing - let us know how you make out.

Coco - so what will you spend your 'earnings' on?

Welcome Kenzie! Good luck with the core program.

Welcome Tracie - you are doing fantastic!!!!!

Sandra - we are heading into another 'dance' weekend - but this one more challenging as dd is ALSO in the school musical - wed/thurs/friday (she can't be in the show sat night cuz of dance competition)....and on wed she can only do the first act - then I am somehow supposed to pick her up and race her over to the dance studio for a must do rehearsal prior to the weekend competition. Wish me luck!

Where is Vickie???

Angela - how is business? I presume with warmer weather you will be very busy??

Guess I shall bring my runners with me tomorrow to see if I might venture out at lunchtime?

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 04-20-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:55 PM   #38  
focused and aiming

Frouf, be sure to wear your pedometer when you're running around with dd. Sounds like you'll be super busy. What grade is dd in now? What is little ds up to? Big ds? (I'm nosey.)
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote