Old 10-22-2007, 07:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Post Core Chat: October 22-28

Here we are with a new thread (a little late for today, sorry!).

There are postings from today on the other thread. We made it to 4 pages again! Down from our 6 in earlier times, but much better than the 2 we were at for a while.

My day was pretty good, but less walking than I normally do because I woke up late and had to ask DH to walk the dog for me. That's a good mile walk I missed. Well, some days sleep is just a priority!

Chat away everyone!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:54 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

I just finished day one of my new program. So far.....so good.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:46 PM   #3  

Hi Everyone
Thought I would get on here. No I NEEDED to get on here.
Just been going through the kitchen to see what all i could eat. And thought. NO. Go talk to the girls instead. So here I am.
WW was good. Somehow. I managed to lose a pound. But the way I ate. I have no idea how. I ate everything that was not core. I had macaroni and cheese, french fries, steak hogie, a quater pounder (from the hospital cafe) potato chips, chex mix. And there is more. But wont list it all.
So I have really got to stay focused this week. So I dont have a gain next week. Because I am sure it will catch up with me.
But I am noticing one thing. With the cooler weather I am having a harder time drinking my water. Is anyone else having this problem. Am thinking of making me some warm water. And adding with a little lemon juice or lime juice to it. But leader said that it wouldnt count as my water. I wont put any splenda or anything in it. So am wondering why it wouldnt count. Cause I didnt thing the juice would have any calories. And I would be using only a couple of drops. Any ideas on this.
Well I am hoping to be back on full core this week. But I fall off the wagon already today. So guess I will start today. Well no. Guess I should start with my next meal.
Well ladies. I am going to get off here for now. Going to go do some laundry.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:00 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Boy Coco, I'm sorry to say that you have a lousy Leader. Warm water with fresh fruit in it is STILL WATER! As long as it isn't caffeinated and you don't add any sugar or other calories, then it counts as your water for the day. Even artificial sweetner doesn't change it as far as I'm concerned. I've been struggling with my water for a while. I've started using a straw because it helps me drink it faster. I just bought myself some neon flexible straws because they are fun. Whatever it takes!

Congrats on the loss. You are wise to be good this week because it definitely can catch up with you.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:52 PM   #5  

Water is water!!! And, yes, I have trouble getting enough in a day too....but, just keep drinking it.

I've been good today and finally I'll get back to tonight...back later.

Rhonda
Old 10-23-2007, 05:57 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda, you GO girl! I hobbled through my 30 minute walk and I have been on program all day. Good girl!
Old 10-23-2007, 06:55 PM   #7  

Hi
Well I didnt get back on track like I wanted to.
I ended up eating pizza.
This is awful.
So got my trak out. And put it at my place at the table. So it will be there in the morn. And I can start fresh. Cause even though I do core. I need to keep track of what I eat. I seem to do better this way.
Boy it is dark already. YUCK!!
Hubby still isnt feeling good. Now he has something the matter with his foot. The one side is all swelled up. So he is taking some motrin. Helping some. So dont know if I will end up taking him to the DR's or not. Says he dont want to go. Dont know if it could be gout. or not. It is in the little toe if it is. So will have to wait and see what happens.
How is everyone doing.
Hope everyone is ok.
Thinking of each of you.
Have a great evening.
coco
Old 10-23-2007, 08:09 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

Hi there, Chickies. I'm here but am not op yet. We didn't go to WW this AM. We opted to get out to the ranch and start scrubbing. I had to earn some pts with all the work I did today. I am exhausted tonight. I know I won't lose weight till I get my entire act together.

Vickie, I'm so glad you had a good OP day. I need you to inspire me. I have been struggling for quite awhile now.

Rhonda, the playhouse (mobile home) is going to need a lot of work. I hope it ends up being cute.

Coco, I'm struggling, too. Let's not give up. We'll get back on track.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:04 PM   #9  

The best laid plans!! I'll tell you, there I was all dressed in my swim suit, watching the little kids finish their lessons when one of them vomited in the pool!! So, they had to close the pool. This has happened again and again. Honestly, it was a bit of orange juice thrown up mostly on the pool deck, but some in the pool. They have to drain the pool and refill it. That's the law and it's reasonable from a health perspective. But, just think...all that water drained for about 1/2 C of partly digested OJ. Sad.

But, I did notice that there was a good class being conducted. So, maybe I'll give those a try. For tonight, I'll lie on the floor and do some leg raises, etc.

I had a lf yogurt, lf milk and blueberry shake for dinner. I'll probably wake up hungry at 3AM!

Just hang on everyone; we can do it!

Rhonda
Old 10-23-2007, 09:39 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Ooooooooh, Rhonda. What a thing to have happen. Makes you want to do some land exercises, doesn't it?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:13 PM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, did you buy a house?
Old 10-24-2007, 08:51 AM   #12  

Yeah, I never heard of them closing a gym when a kid throws up on the floor!

Ok, I've got a real challenge ahead: fancy lunch in a private club with a major program donor
I'll try to be good!

Sandra, the clubhouse is going to look great. I just know it!

Have a great day all.

Rhonda
Old 10-24-2007, 12:38 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone
Well it is raining here today. We have gotten about a inch and a 1/2 since yesterday. It is much needed. Wish I could sent some of it to the people in CA. That is awful about the fires out there.

TEJAS That is awful about the pool. But I think I would rather them close and clean it. Than swim in it. I would probably been right there with the kid up chucking. Seems like they always have something happening at the pool there. Hope your lunch goes well today. I know you will make good choices.
ONTARGET How are you doing. I know I am sure struggling lately. And dont know why. Guess I need to try and detoxic my body. Got started with eating some carbs. And am now out of control. And it is so hard for me to get back in control when this happens. But I have to get there somehow. So far today. Hasnt been to bad with the carbs. Alot better than it has been. So together we can get back on track. Your playhouse sounds like it will be wonderful.
VICKIE Glad you are posting. Have missed you. Hope you are having a great day.
TECHALUM How are you doing.
Thinking of everyone. Hope you are having a wonderful day.
Well am going to get off here for now.
Will check back in later.
coco
Old 10-24-2007, 03:14 PM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Day 2 for me. I'm doing well and detoxing. I got in my 35 minute walk and I'm going out to run errands. I hope you are all doing well. I need to keep going.......
Old 10-24-2007, 06:04 PM   #15  

Hi There
Just checking in again.
VICKIE Glad you are doing good. Congrats on the walk. I need to start exercising. I know I would feel better. But just havent made myself get started. Figure I would try and get control of the eating first. Then work on the exercise. But maybe I need to work on both at the same time.
Cool and damp here.
Am thinking of making chili for tomorrow. It would be core wouldnt it.
If I use lean hambuger, and kidney beans and diced tomato's.
Or do any of you ladies have a good core chili recipe.
Maybe I will go check out recipes. See if I can find one.
Well will get off here for now. going to check out the recipes.
And then after that get off here. And maybe dig out some cross stitch. And work on that.
Hope everyone had a great day.
coco