Old 10-24-2007, 08:59 PM   #16  
Southside White Sox Fan

Lean ground sirloin or turkey with beans would definitely be Core, Coco. I add red bell pepper and onion to mine. I used lots of diced tomatoes, chilis, lots of pintos, some corn if I'm in the mood, and a 15 oz can of beef broth to give it some richness. Yum. It is almost chili season here. Do check out the recipes. There are some great Core or nearly Core cornbread recipes to go with it.

I'm exercising and staying OP because I've tried doing one at a time. I need to do both to lose.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:08 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

Well, I did make healthy choices at the lunch. I had pan0seared scallops for a starter, followed by an asparagus omlette. I didn't have dessert, bread or wine. Good for me; they were all available!

I am really having to spend too much time sitting on my tush and Boy, it's unhealthy! I have to make myself get up and walk around. I do, but I need more moving. After a week or so, being chained to the desk and computer should lighten up a bit.

Vickie, glad to have you back. And Coco, make that chili and enjoy. It's almost chili time here too.

Have a good night all.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:57 PM   #18  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Rhonda. I'm just trying to sneak on and not stay long so that Jim doesn't mind.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:00 AM   #19  

Well, I've had my stone-ground oatmeal and getting ready for another exciting day sitting and or in a meeting of some sort.

I went to my oil and acrylic class last night. You know, I don't think it's for me. It's a simple matter of no talent, I think! But, I'll hang in there and see what happens. Right now, all my colors look muddy.

I hope you all have a great day.

Rhonda
Old 10-25-2007, 01:07 PM   #20  

Hey gals,,,,my computer at home has finally given up. I cant get on here much. Im at work right now but had to check in with you all. I wont be on much until we get a new one. Hopefully within a couple of weeks if not then I have to wait till the end of november when we get to the city.
Vickie....IM so glad to see you posting regularly again. I missed you!
What program are you following..core? I see your walking 30 mins a day..good girl!! I still am too but I have to update my walking challenge.
I got on the scale yesterday and it showed 279.5!!! OMG I have been trying since this summer to get under 280 and finally made it.....of course today when I got on the scale it showed 282...but i was there for a day and felt so good. I will get right back to it..I think I had too much sodium last night. I knew I shouldnt get on the scale this morning but you know......scale addict I am, had to..
I have to go back and check out the posts Ive missed...Im missing you all.
If I dont get back have a great weekend! Stay out of the halloween treats!
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:12 PM   #21  

Hi Everyone
Well I didnt make the chili. But think I will for the weekend.
Had some lean pork chops tonight. Had to add water to cook them. Added some onion and Mrs Dash. Was pretty good. Then had some green beans with a little canadian bacon, onion and just a few slices of potato. And then added some splenda brown sugar. Very tasty. My guys really liked them.
P.A. Sorry about your computer. Hope you get a new one soon. Miss your post. I am giving out mini bags of microwave popcorn for halloween. So made a plan.
VICKIE How are you doing. That is good you are walking. I know I need to start doing some exercise myself. I know I would do alot better with the weight loss. But I just havent made myself get to it.
TEJAS Good job with the lunch. Sounds as if you made good choices. And that is wonderful you passed on the wine and dessert.
ONTARGET How are you doing. Hows the playhouse coming. I bet you are tired. But in the end it will be worth it all.
Well am going to get off here for now.
Just thought I would check in.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:26 PM   #22  
Lytricia

S/C/G: 164/working on it/130

Hi everyone

I am new to the core. I had been doing the flex plan for 5 weeks and so far have only managed to lose just over 4 pounds, so I though I would try the core plan.

At my meeting today I was saying to the rep that on the flex plan I would have a hard time using up all my allotted points everyday (22) not to mention my added points that I earned from exercising (usually around 2) ...and I have never even touched my added 35 weekly points and yet I am not losing any substantial weight. They cautioned me that by not using my allotted number of points I was in fact sabotaging my weight loss efforts. Hmmmmm?

This is why I thought I would go on the core plan.

They said that even though I have the freedom to eat as much as I need to in order to feel satisfied on the core plan, I should still aim to use those 35 extra points in non core foods. Help me because I thought that was how I got fat in the first place.

So if any of you have been successful on the core plan (or the flex plan) could you please share with me the secret to figuring this out.
Lytricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:31 PM   #23  
focused and aiming

Lots going on right now and I'm not able to be here as much as I'd like. We're mainly working to get the place ready for us to move the condo out there next week. We have an electrician coming tomorrow. We had dozer work done today. We're cleaning the playhouse and have started moving targets inside already. We have moved everything out of storage except the travel trailer. We'll prob haul it out there this weekend. That'll leave just the "condo" to move next week. Whew! I'm tired just typing all this.

I had an NSV today. Well, sort of. I climbed into the dualie bed without having to step on anything. I just hoisted my old bod up onto the tailgate and climbed in. I couldn't do that when we first got to Texas.

Eating is off but exercise is on cuz of working at the ranch. I hope to start seeing some weightloss results soon.

Coco, are you going to make that chili later this week? Sounds good to me.

Rhonda, what are you painting in class? I remember once when I took art in college we were to paint a forest scene. I spilled some paint on my canvas and just left it. The professor never noticed. That's the extent of my talent.

Vickie, I'm like you and have to do both to lose. I'm glad you're able to get on here. We need you.

Patti, on getting below 280. You are doing fantastically.

Girls, I am itching all over.

Lytricia, all I know is that if we cut calories too much our body thinks it's starving and automatically slows our metabolism. That's why we have to feed to lose. Have you tried small amounts every 2 or 3 hours. That often works to keep the metabolism fueled and burning those calories.

Oh! we're glad to have you here.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:59 PM   #24  

Lytricia!! It's a good board..a little quiet these days, but good people here!

Yes, they say that you should use those points. But, I know when I went back to meetings last year they really had me at too many points. I didn't lose until I cut back. It's really individual. But, Core might be better for you.

Sandra, good luck..it sounds like fun really.

Rhonda
Old 10-25-2007, 10:14 PM   #25  
focused and aiming

We are having fun. It's good to be working outside. I'm wanting to start planting flowers. I love working in the yard.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:15 AM   #26  
Southside White Sox Fan

So...Sandra....I'm confused. Where are you going to be living? What's the condo and what's the playhouse?

Did you go to WW?
Old 10-26-2007, 09:33 AM   #27  

Morning.

Vickie, her "condo" is the HUGE trailer and the "playhouse" is the trailer that is on the land they just bought. They're going to turn it into an archery ...hmm, what do you call them? A "course"? A "lane"? Anyway, an indoor place to do archery.

Well, the weather has just been glorious here. I'm curious to see what Halloween brings. It is often cold and raining so that the little goblins have to cover up in coats over their costumes. But, not always, so let's hope they have good weather.

I'm so tired that I can hardly wiggle and, like most of us, I get "needy" and want "comfort food." Well, I'm going to rise above it and take care of myself in the food area anyway.

I hope you're all well...Frouf, come on back....where is Tech/Donna these days?

Later,
Rhonda
Old 10-26-2007, 01:34 PM   #28  

just peeking in to say i weighed in this morning and down 2 pounds this week....
Sandra have fun playing!
Welcome Lytricia
Tejas.....you guys in Toronto make me jealous...were just happy to see the sun these days..enjoy the nice weather!
Hi Vickie
Coco microwave popcorn sounds like a fun halloween treat for the munchkins

ok eveyrone Im off for the weekend......behave!!!
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:27 PM   #29  

WELCOME LYTRICIA
Hi everyone
not much happening here as usual.
Had to get a new muffler on the car today.
P.A. Have a great weekend.
ONTARGET That is great you got into the truck bed without help. Sounds as if you have been really busy. No I havent made the chili yet. The guys acted like they didnt want it. So didnt make it. So one of these days they are going to get it weather they want it or not. Is the itching stopped. Did you get poison ivy. Hope not. Have a great weekend.
TEJAS Try and get some rest this weekend.
TECHALUM Are you ok. Miss you.
VICKIE How are you doing. Hope you are doing ok. Are you still walking. Have a great evening.
Well I am going to get off here for now.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 08:42 PM   #30  
focused and aiming

Vickie, we're confused, too. Here's the scoop:

The Condo is the 5th wheel. That's where we'll be living.
The Playhouse is the mobile home that's on our property. That's where we'll have our indoor archery range as well as a shop and storage for Curtis.
The Ranch is our 2 acres of land.
So now we're Land Barons.

We didn't go to WW. I vow to go Tuesday. I'm thinking of going Tues AM for WI but going Tues PM for the meeting. More on that later.

Rhonda, I just now saw where you'd splained all for me. Thank you. I'm too lazy to delete what I'd typed, so I'm leaving it here. I fell asleep on the front porch this afternoon. We have a cool breeze and lots of shade on The Ranch. Life is good.

Patti, congratulations. You're doing great!! I'll try to behave this weekend.

Coco, I'm having a relapse of poison oak reactions but I'm not itching as badly this time. Thank goodness!! Whew!! The itching was horrific last week.

We ate lunch at Golden Corral today. We're still burning calories working on the ranch. Life is good.