Old 10-27-2007, 05:48 AM   #31  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thaks Rhonda and Sandra for the explanation. I was SO confused.

Hi Patti and Coco! I'm having a great week. I went to Costco warehouse club for the first time yesterday and had some samples. I felt like I was horrible and then I realized that all I ate were about 6 bites of different things! I counted a couple of points and moved on.

Welcome Lytricia. You'll love Core. I usually use all of my 35 WPA's but I try not to use any of my AP's earned. When I work the program, it works. Good Luck!

I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes yesterday and walked through Costco for about an hour and a half. I'm still sore and may take today off of the walking....or maybe I'll get on and walk for a little while. Monday is weigh in. I'm putting it all together this week.

Last edited by Vickie; 10-27-2007 at 05:50 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 10:06 AM   #32  

Good Morning everyone.
I had my weigh in this morning, and another successful CORE week.
I was down 2 lbs - 116.5. Completing my 23rd week today I have lost 49.5 lbs. Actually lost more than I gained back, but that's ok
Found out going below the 118 was fine, can't go below 113, and I don't think I want to
They just want me to level off, and that would include using MORE WPA. I can get to about 27-32 sometimes, but then I feel like I've eaten so much.
So what I'll do is, trade the FF mayo for the Lite, and 1 pt bread (2 slices) for 1pt each. Things like that, not eating the points in junk foods, or 100 calories snacks, which I have not eaten since May...But I will have my Saturday night 'treat'. That has now become a WW ice cream cup, with 15 choc morsels and 0pt cool whip...which I actually weigh..totaling 3 pts. I think I told you all, I take the ice cream out and put it in a nice glass dessert dish. Makes it that much more special.
I really need to do the 35 and some of the 28 maintenence. So with my new week, starting today,that is my mission/challenge.

Welcome, Lytricia. Good Luck to you.

Sandra, I did not realize you relocated back to Texas. That's great. Wish I could relocate back home!!
Vickie, keep up on your 'honeymoon' phase. That's what had to click it my head as well. I did it for so long, I just didn't care anymore....until the lbs came back!!! I went with Core and haven't looked back since. I have made several delicious meals from the Turnaround Cookbook...Me, cooking!!!!
Rhonda, I love stone ground oatmeal. Never had it, till I coverted over to Core. The can I have actually says Porridge on it...that crack's me up.
Patti, congrats on the 2 lbs....awesome loss!!
Coco, hope things are going well with you. Hang in there.

Everyone else who follows next..have a great weekend!!
L.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 04:10 PM   #33  
Donna

Hi All,

I'm hanging around. We got home from vacation and I've been having a hard time getting back on track. Went to ww this morning and stayed the same . I need to get back to eating more core, I always feel better. Plus this is my last week at work and I'm feeling kind of blue. Hopefully things will pick up soon.

Sorry I haven't been posting.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:28 PM   #34  

Hi Everyone
Just checking in. And listening to Mickey Gilley.
TECHALUM I know how you are feeling. I have been having a really hard time getting back on track myself. But you didnt gain this week. That is great. I also know I feel so much better when I am eating core better. But I got to many carbs in. And now having a hard time getting back. Need and detoxic the body. But am having a hard time doing that. Seems everytime I get off track. The harder it is for me to get back on. But one of these days it will click for me again. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. And remember I am right here with you.
L.J. Congrats on the loss. That is great. I like the steel cut oats myself. I fix mine in the crock pot.
ONTARGET How are you doing. Glad the itching is better. How's things coming at the ranch. What are you going to call the Ranch. You will have to have a name for it.
TEJAS Hope you are having a great weekend.
VICKIE Is Costco like a Sam's club. I know at Sam's club they give out some samples sometimes. Boy they have a good spinach dip there. Wonder if you can make spinach dip and be core. Congrats on all the walking. That is great. Just wish I could get myself motivated to walk or something. But just cant seem too. Have a great weekend.
Well ladies I am going to get off here for now.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:36 PM   #35  
focused and aiming

Vickie, sounds like your honeymoon is in full swing. I know it will payoff for you at the scales Monday.

Linda, what an inspiration you are. You're making me want to do better. Now that's the best compliment I can give. I am so proud of you. I want to get excited about a 3 pt snack once a week. I've been spoiling myself having whatever/whenever.

Coco, we named our 2 acres "The Ranch." We aren't blessed with major ideas, are we?

Donna, I didn't realize you were only working there one more week. Do you have another job lined up? Why are you leaving? I missed something.

Rhonda, how's your day? Did you get your walks in today?

We spent most of the day at the ranch today. Looks like we'll be moving the condo out there midweek. My son and oldest grand came over for a short visit today. We had a good time showing them around the playhouse.

I am sooo ready to start painting/remodeling. And, I am wanting to go shopping for "stuff."

Donna, we found out today that we're 1.5 miles from a local country store. Paved road all the way and little traffic. We're going to ride our bikes there once we get settled. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 10:24 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

Linda! wow...good for you!

I didn't realize that about your work either, Tech. Do you have something else to go to?

Vicki, it's really good to see you back. You always helped motivate me. I'll try not to let you down!

Coco...oatmeal in a crock pot? Do you cook it for hours?

Sandra, I think I'm envious!!

I've been at the almost all day, trying to finish a work report about the budget. The weather is gloomy: matching my tasks!

I didn't get in the usual amount of walking but did keep the dog out for 1/2 hour today and that was good for the two of us.

My eating has been OK. I've made a great cole slaw with cabbage, apples, shallots, ff mayo, white wine vinegar flavored with pear, a touch of Splenda, and a sprinkling of poppy seeds....delish!!!

See you tomorrow.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:30 PM   #37  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, your slaw sounds delish. I forgot to tell ya'll that I picked pecans today . Curtis shelled a few and we snacked on them tonight.

Remember Sand Flat? We are 1.5 miles from the country store that's the hub of that (Hmmmmmmm? What's the word for it?) (I got it!!) We are 1.5 miles from the country store that's the hub for that spot in the road. It's a non-busy paved road on level ground all the way. I'm thinking we will ride our bikes there; have a well-earned Diet Coke (Yes, I'm drinking them again but not drinking them like water. I'm having 1 or 2 a day instead of my used to be normal 5 or 6); and bike back to the ranch.

We should be moving out there Tues or Wed. I'll start biking them unless I start earlier. I'm also going to restart my "journey" and will log my miles from Grandview to Louisville, KY. We are probably going to Louisville for real in March. If I do this bike trip, I'll learn a lot about the trip beforehand.

Got to go. Night night.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:53 AM   #38  

Vickie, I did want to tell you, I found the Crustless Pumpkin Pie recipe, and can't wait to make it......yummmmm
And also, I hope each day goes well for you. You are very inspirational and supportive to everyone here. It was you who made me realize Core is the way to go....no more playing games, trying to do the program the way "I" thought it should be. It's marvelous just as it's written.
I wish everyone here continued success....
Hang in there Donna...you'll be back in the swing of things before you know it.
L.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:03 PM   #39  

Hi All:

We went out to a breakfast buffet that DH loves. It is a source of great temptation for me. BUT, I'm happy to report a NSV. I ate only CORE, even though there were baked goods everywhere. I feel very virtuous.

Sandra, yes...wide spot in the road. Or, how about "poke and plumb" town....poke your head out the window and you're plumb out of town! And, pecans....ummmm, fresh pecans. We had two huge pecan trees in the yard in my childhood home. I just love them, of course.

Today I have to continue my but later in the afternoon we go to our ballroom dancing class. DH has a sore back and I have a sore hip from all the sitting I'm having to do. Dancing ought to just do us in!

I'm going back to my report, and drinking water now that Vickie is back with us!

Rhonda
Old 10-28-2007, 02:57 PM   #40  
Lytricia

S/C/G: 164/working on it/130

Hi All

I have to say that I'm so impressed with all of you. When you're down there's lots of hands reaching out to pull you up here.

After to being on core for only one week, I agree with L.J. I need to follow it according to what it says and not how “I” think it should be. I weigh in on Thursday and from now until then I will really focus on following it the right way.

One of the things I am having trouble with is recipes. I would like to make something yummy that the rest of the people in the house will eat. I was looking at some of the stuff I have on hand and for instance I have light ricotta cheese and not FF so how do I count that (as points?) in a recipe or once I add the ricotta do I have to count the whole thing as a points meal? – I am making chicken stuffed with spinach and ricotta (eggs & spices etc.). I am going to fry this in olive oil to brown it and then put it in the oven to bake. If I put it with steamed veggies and a baked potato with FF sour cream is it still all core, and do I just count the ricotta as part of those 35 points per week?
Lytricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 03:39 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 163/160/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hi ladies!

I joined WW and Core this week, and so far - well, it's been a challenge. I'm used to eating mostly packaged, processed, convenience foods. So Core foods seem totally foreign and difficult! But I'm trying to stick it out!

I'd especially like advice for eating out. I had a veggie omelet w/o cheese yesterday, but it was probably made with butter or oil, so it wasn't truly Core. And we went out for tapas last night - I assume I've used all of my points for the week. grrrrrrr!
Eggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 03:42 PM   #42  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Chicks! I only have a minute but wanted to say hello. I need to get on the treadmill which will make 6 days of exercise for this week. Great for me! I'll try to come back later. I've been SO good this week. I hope it pays off at the scale but if not....I'll still stick to the program next week and the week after. Maybe I'm losing fluffiness. You know that fat does take up more space than good old muscle. I'm all bloated and TOM is due any minute. I'm drinking water like crazy trying to flush it all through. Sigh.

I only have a minute now so I'm going to try to answer your questions, Lytricia. First of all, there are NO BETTER folks on the internet than our little group here. No sniping or meaness ever here and we LOVE new people. So I guess you'd say no cliques either.

I'm a cooking fool and a recipe addict. I think I can help you. I'll answer your question but then you'll have to invite me over for dinner. Your recipe sounds delightful and I have a great answer for you.

If you have just one non-Core ingredient in a recipe.....the recipe is still Core (you'll often see these kind of recipes referred to as Core+ meaning Core plus some points) but you do have to count the points for that ingredient against your WPA's (35) or your AP's (Activity Points). So figure out the points value of the entire amount of low fat ricotta (just the ricotta...not the other ingredients) you are adding to the recipe and then divide it by the number of servings you get from the dish. Count however many servings you eat against your WPA's or AP's. Adding a baked potato with FF sour cream is still Core as are the steamed veggies. The only thing you have to worry about is one starch (potato, pasta, rice) you are having in a day. You didn't mention any of those in your recipe so I assume your baked potato is your only of the limited starches today.

The rest of the rule is that if there are two or more non-Core ingredients to a recipe then you must count points for the whole recipe even if there are many Core ingredients. I hate this rule but it is a tweak that I don't make. I've decided that I'm following the rules so one item only it is for me before I count points for the whole thing.

The only other thing you have to be careful of is to be sure that you aren't getting more than the equivalent of two teaspoons of oil in the portion you are going to eat. If you are, then you'll also have to count points for the additional oil.

I hope that answers your questions. Enjoy your dinner and don't forget to let me know what time I should be there.

BTW, there are MANY entree recipes on our website that are fabulous. My husband is a picky eater and he enjoys immensely several of them on the list. I don't make separate meals for us. It's just the two of us and even though I like to cook, I'm not making two different meals. I could make some recommendations if you are interested.

WOW! Long post for me. Jim is watching the Bears so he didn't even notice.

Off to the treadmill.

Last edited by Vickie; 10-28-2007 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #43  

Hi All (again).

Eggie.

If you have been used to processed foods, then Core will be a shock. BUT, stick with it. It is all about being healthier. It will work and you will be healthier. And, yes, Tapas probably will consume your points!

Vickie, maybe you should get Jim a whole bunch of sports DVDs!!! That will keep him busy while you're here with us. My DH doesn't like sports but he spends some much time as his computer he can't complain about me!!

Off to dance class...

Rhonda
Old 10-28-2007, 05:10 PM   #44  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Linda! I sure don't see myself that way but I certainly appreciate your saying so. You are the real inspiration here to get us all motivated again. I love that we all take turns.

Rhonda, you sure are right about Core being a shock to the processed food junkie. I know because I was one! Congratulations on your NSV. You should be very proud of yourself. Have fun at dance.

Coco, I know the exercise is hard. I hate it but I just force myself to do it. It is really the only way I can lose. I figure why put myself through all of this if I'm not willing to do it all the way? I love carbs too but I'm only allowing myself Core ones right now. I just made the Core banana muffins again. They are outstanding, easy to make and freeze well.

Eggie, I eat out often. It can be done on Core but it requires careful planning, ordering, and good communication with the waitress. They actually have Pam or Pam type spray in restaurants. I order mine with Pam spray and then make up my own. You don't have to just order the kind they have. One of my favorites is eggbeaters with Pam spray, turkey sausage (for points), avocado, and pico de gallo. Yum, yum, yum. It's not on the menu but they make it because they have all of the ingredients. I say no toast, no potatoes but rather fruit. They give me a gorgeous amount of fruit and everyone is happy and I stay on Core. It can be managed at other meals as well. I just went out for a salad the other day. I ordered a salad and said no bleu cheese, no bacon and no dressing. I brought my own FF dressing with in a tupperware container. Where there is a will there is a way. I also travel with my own margarine (pre-measured and counted for points) and FF sour cream.

Sandra, you'll feel better once you both get back to WW. Right now you're just filled with dread. Pull the bandaid off quickly and just go back!

I treadmilled and now I'm going to bubble bath and relax. I'll try to get back tomorrow but Monday's are very busy.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:21 PM   #45  

Hi Everyone
Hope eveyone has had a great Sunday. A little cool here. May get a good frost tonight. So the furance is turned.
ONTARGET Guess you could call your Ranch The S & C Archery Ranch.
EGGIE WELCOME!!
VICKIE That is wonderful 6 days of exercise. Glad you are able to get back on here. Missed you.
TEJAS Sounds like you did a wonderful job of being in control with the eating out. That is great. How did the dance class go.
LYTRICIA This is a wonderful board. The ladies here are very supportive. They have helped me through many a bad times.
TECHALUM How are you. Hope everything works out with your job. Thinking of you.
L.J. Hope you had a great day.
Well not much going on here.
Went to church. Then went to sister in law. And that has been it.
Not really looking for weigh in tomorrow. Dont think it will be a good one.
But will keep my fingers crossed that I will be surprised with a loss.
Well I am going to get off here for now.
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote