Old 06-09-2007, 08:15 PM   #76  

Hi Everyone
How is everyone doing Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
VICKIE Glad your Hubby got a good report.
KATPO OUCH!! Hope the hand it better.
FROUFY How are you doing.
ONTARGET Any shooting matches coming up.
TO EVERYONE ELSE Thinking of each of you.
Need to go and read all the post. Am a few days behind. Just skimmed through a few real quick.
Am going to get off here for now.
Have a wonderful evening.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:35 PM   #77  

Height: 5'7"

Goodness gracious! What an afternoon!!!

I sauteed mushrooms. Made brown rice in the oven with cream of onion soup (and am calling it Core since a serving is maybe 10 calories). I steamed yellow squash. Made some whole wheat rolls. I prepared lean hamburger patties, beef tenderloin (like filet mignon), and chicken breasts marinated in margarita mix. All is right with the world.

Until Judd goes outside to start the grill and finds we're out of gas. Sigh ... I grilled hot dogs last weekend and there was some in the tank; I guess preheating the grill today took it all. He's gone to get gas and meanwhile everything is cooling off. I guess I'll be sticking everything in the microwave.
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:55 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

Well, I was very, very good today. Anything to make up for last night's indulgences! It was a little difficult because we were invited to a friend's for dinner. I passed up the wine, bread and potatoes, and had only a sliver (really) of her home-made rhubarb pie ( I KNOW, sugar!!). THAT was a NSV, I'll tell you.

I've ordered 3 new outside doors and 4 windows, new siding and eavestroughs ("gutters", down south). The work will start in about 6 weeks. I got so tired of waiting for roofers to call me back that I've decided it might just wait until next year, or at least late fall before the snow flies.

Here's a good relationship story for you. I normally get up earlier than DH, and he hates to be disturbed before 9AM if he is sleeping. SO, at 7:30 this morning, when I was sound asleep after working hard all week, being out late last night, and not sleeping the night before... do you get the picture!!??....DH decides that he needs to do work around the house because the door and window people are coming. When are they coming, you ask? 10 AM!!!! Two and one half hours before they are even scheduled to come, I wake up to banging noises. I was NOT a happy little wifey, I'll tell you You just gotta love 'em!

Kathy, we just had problems with our car.... would start, then die and not restart. It was the fuel pump. Suggest that to your daughter perhaps.

OK, all, good night. Chat with you tomorrow.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:50 AM   #79  

Rhonda, you are a trooper for not strangling him with your bare hands!

I've got one of my own: Friday morning when I left for work, Judd was on the couch with his eyes closed and the lights off. I figured maybe he was trying to get a few more minutes of sleep before getting ready. It was about 7:00 and he had already gotten up to let the dogs out to potty. Okay ... I was halfway to work when I realized I might not have unplugged my hair straightener, so instead of CALLING and disturbing him, I decided to send a text message to his cell phone. It's usually on the coffee table right by his computer, which was right by where he was sleeping. He would hear the pleasant little "you've got a text message" sound and it would be much better than the phone ringing.

About an hour later my phone at work rings and as soon as I picked it up, I hear "CAN YOU NOT USE THE PHONE?" I'm like whaaaaat??? and he said he didn't get the text message before leaving home. Now he's all freaked out that the house is going to burn down (sheesh!) so I told him to simmer down, speak NICELY to me and watch the tone of his voice, and I would call Erin and ask her to unplug it. I was in a snit the rest of the morning though, and decided that from now on, all bets are off in the morning. If I need to say something, I'm saying it and doing so in a LOUD voice. Screw that polite stuff!

I fretted all night about budget issues, mainly how to pay for Erin's tuition and living expenses, whatever financial doesn't cover I mean, and also about Kate's car. I gave her some more money and told her I'd pay this month's car payment, which will give her $400. Her dad told her she needs a catalytic converter (did I already tell you that?) and the part is only a dealer part. Mazda's price is a little over $400 and he said he would fix it if she would buy the part. How lovely of him. Oh and it's still starting but I also told her to see if she could either get a ride to work every day or use the guy's car to drive herself. The earliest the car will be fixed is next weekend.

It's always something, isn't it?
Old 06-10-2007, 09:34 AM   #80  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy Sunday everyone. Did great OP last night. I journaled everything. We did take out last night, got a great spinach salad with grilled chiken. I even figured out the points for the bacon! This is a NSV for me - not just letting things slide. My hope is that it shows on Wednesday. I'm also trying not to step on the scale everytime I go into the bathroom.

Here is a kid story for you all -- yesterday Sarah had her friend over to play. They were up in her room and I was downstairs reading with the monitor on (ok, that will be in her room until she is old enough to ask for it to be removed!). Well, DH come in and asks what they are doing - i have no idea, but I can hear them playing. All of a sudden Sarah calls out help, I'm stuck. I go up stairs and her mattress is on the floor, the box spring is on the floor under the bedframe, and Sarah is stuck under the foot rail, between the fallen boxspring and the wall. How she ended up there is beyond me. I call Jim up to help free her. In the meantime, her friend is standing there with her hands in her pocket with this look on her face -- you could tell she was guilty of something but was trying to look very innocent. It was tough not to laugh!

Well, we are off to run some errand - need to get end of the year gifts for a couple of teachers. School ends next Friday. Then I will be doing yard work. We finally have mulch and I have 2 beds in desperate need of weeding. I will log in the activity to the online tools to see what I've earned. Got 2 pts for house cleaning yesterday! Not that I"m using them, but its interesting to see what things count as.

Hope everyone has a great day! BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:37 AM   #81  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm sorry I never got back here yesterday. All of a sudden things started happening and I got crazy busy. I still think I should be lurking instead of talking because I'm not completely doing what I'm supposed to. That's about to change today though. I'm a baby chick and starting over with all kinds of good habits. I'll be following the healthy guidelines and exercising at least 6 days a week. It'll only be 20-30 minutes at the beginning but I will work up to more.

The bestest news is that the treadmill appears to be repaired with a brand new belt and motor. The guy was great and even recentered the belt and everything. I'm good to go after breakfast today!

The pool is open but not warm enough, I'm sure. When last I checked in was only 67 degrees or so. It's been covered with the solar cover for a week so I'm hoping that it's at least in the high 70's by now. Today is chemical day so I'll have the cover off and will check. It will have to be at least 82 at the top before I go in to be the human swizzle stick. 82 at the top means 62 at the bottom! Now if I can just keep myself from being injured this year. NO jumping!

Oh yeah...the gambling boat trip.....Jim won AGAIN! I lost. We play quarter video poker and love to sit next to each other to play. We are a very "together" couple. So after about 2 hours of play, Jim shouts, "It DEALT me a royal...It DEALT me a royal". I couldn't believe it but it was true. $1,000 jackpot. He came home with $800 of it. I'm not saying how much I left but we still won quite a bit. I was SO happy for him. He had a great time and he deserved it considering the month of fear we've had. Actually, he's won the last 4 times we've gone. Next time I'm going to ask him which machine he wants and them I'm taking it!

Ok, I'm off to eat breakfast and then I'm going to see if I can read posts and catch up with all of you.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:15 AM   #82  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Vivian! It's always good to hear from you. I agree that planning ahead and cooking on Core has been an essential ingredient to my past success. You and DH are wonderful people to take care of your Brother. Good luck on your surgery.

Tiki, did you get your shopping, cleaning, planting, and walking done? You sound like you had a huge day planned. Congratulations on your great loss.

Paula, I think you are going to have an enormous loss on Wednesday. I can't wait to hear how good you do. Do we have your recipes for sesame chicken and ham and potato casserole? I have some chicken caciatorre in the freezer. Maybe I'll drag it out next week. I know I need to get to cooking more again. Journalling every bit and bite is how I lost the 45 pounds the first time. You'll see that it will be worth your effort. I'm SO glad that Sarah and her friend are ok. How on earth? It's a good thing I'm not a parent because first I'd have had a heart attach and then I'd have interrogated everyone in the room.

Frouf, I swear.....sometimes your DH acts like he didn't know you had kids! What did he think would happen? Sheesh and double harumpf! Enjoy the recital today. I'm on the stop the madness train with you. Just think about how unhappy you will be if you don't lose some before the ever looming cruise!

Rhonda, I need to dance more as well, in all ways. What on earth is wrong with DH? He made all that noise especially with you not sleeping well the night before! I'm sure he's sorry. We need new windows too but since we have so many and we needed the fence worse we decided on the fence. We call them gutters in the Midwest too.

Melissa, only 7 pounds? Great job! I have a cousin who was very large before she got pregant and actually lost weight!

Kathy, I'm glad your hand is recovering! I'd be really cautious outside from now on. It sure sounds like you're more allergic than the average girl. Your menu for the week sounds outstanding. What time is dinner each evening? Poor Kate. Life is always throwing us curves. I hope to be out of the line of fire for at least a little while. Shame on her Dad. I'd love to see pictures of your yard.

Coco and Angela, how are you both doing on program?

Patti, what inspiration do you have for us today?

Time for breakfast and a menu thread.

Sandra, I miss you.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:10 AM   #83  

I miss you too, Sandra! I was making a potholder this morning and thought about you; I am going to *try* to remember to bring my stuff so I can show you how to end it (if you want to know). It's so easy you'll slap yourself when I show you.

I'm getting the sewing machine out because I promised an apron to a friend, for her to give to HER friend. I made one for my friend and then HER friend saw it (are you following this?) and wanted one too. I made 25-30 a few years ago and gave them all away, but still have my original that I cut from. It's a full apron where the ties come up from the top, cross in back, feed thru loops on each side and then tie. I modeled it after the one I had to wear at JoAnns when I worked there. I line them with muslin and they're really nice.

Which makes me think -- maybe I should sell them on ebay or something for a "kid" fundraiser. I have also been making beaded lanyards because we have to wear a badge at work. Usually we put them on ugly lanyards but I started making beaded ones to match all my clothes. Well, a benefit of being obsessive-compulsive is that you end up with a whole lot of stuff. Once I start making something, I can't stop until I'm exhausted. But between the aprons and lanyards, I could probably get a few hundred bucks to give the girls. I'll see how it goes.

Judd is off on a motorcycle ride today. I just boiled potatoes to make potato salad for dinner to go with the LO hamburger patties from last night. I'll put the oven roasted potatoes off for a few days. Oh and that reminds me, I need to go start the beans! Has anyone ever had anasazi beans? I hadn't until I saw them at MIL's. The only place I can find them here is Whole Foods but they have them in bulk so I can buy as much or little as I want. They're mostly like a pinto bean but are so cute -- brown and white spotted; they look almost like a paint horse!

I guess it's time to go fight the wasps and water my farm out back. The tomatoes are getting big and I'm seeing buds on the squash plant so I'm happy about that.

AND A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO JIM!
Old 06-10-2007, 11:11 AM   #84  

Oh, Paula, your story cracked me up! I wish I had been a fly on that wall to see exactly what transpired! Little girls are so much fun but can be quite puzzling, can't they?
Old 06-10-2007, 11:27 AM   #85  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, I love the kid fundraiser idea. I'd have wanted a beaded lanyard in every color when I was still working. Thankfully, there are no badges in my life now!

Off to the treadmill!
Old 06-10-2007, 01:03 PM   #86  

Happy walking! I'm counting my laundry and cooking as exercise today. So far I've washed all the sheets and every stitch of clothes in the house. Now I'm organizing Judd's armoire because he just throws his stuff in there. I've dragged it all out onto the bed, and am sorting and folding and categorizing. How long will it last? Maybe a week.

For now though, I'm taking a break and am going to run to the store. We need things for our lunches next week. After that, I'll finish the armoire and call it a day. Dinner is basically already cooked except for the cornbread so I might get to take the evening off to sit and watch TV (and make potholders).

I hope everyone is having a super Sunday!
Old 06-10-2007, 01:59 PM   #87  
Southside White Sox Fan

22 minutes on the treadmill. Yay for me. Well, the treadmill is making ball bearing noises, smells like petroleum, and is tugging/jerking a bit. I sent an email to the repair guy. Of course, it didn't do any of these things while the repairman was here yesterday. Sigh. I'll just keep walking on it until it dies or they finally fix it. At least it's running for the moment.

I'm off to take care of the pool.

Kathy, you didn't tell me what time dinner is. Jim doesn't want me to cook. Maybe I won't.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:36 PM   #88  

Doesn't want you to cook for what reason? Isn't he hungry? I think it'll be around 5:00 -- can you make it?

I'm done with the armoire and washing all the clothes. It has been quite an exhausting day because I've sat down for all of 30 minutes. I hate that tomorrow is back to work and next week I have to work four 10-hour days since I don't have carryover (darn 9/80 schedule!) ... will suck it up and do it.

I'm making brownies to take to work tomorrow because I usually make something every week. I have tricked it up a little though, and put a layer of batter, then a layer of Reese's cups, and the rest of the batter. We'll see how it turns out and if it works, I also have a package of York Peppermint Patties for the next batch. As you can tell, they love me at work.

Judd just got home and I showed him all my stuff I did today. One of the guys (James) that went riding today had a crash and get this: Judd had asked one of our neighbors if James could borrow his jacket. The neighbor said yes and so James crashed in the jacket. Now Judd's having to buy the neighbor another jacket!! I call shenanigans on that -- the crasher should replace the jacket! I told Judd he is OUT OF THE MIDDLEMAN business as of now and for him to not do any favors for anyone ever again. AT ALL! I'm really ticked about it.

I'm sorry to hear about your treadmill, Vickie. I sold mine and walk on the streets now. I get a good workout and also get to wave at neighbors. I like being outside.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:05 PM   #89  

Back from watering outside and I managed to skillfully avoid the wasps! A couple of them started toward me and I must have shouted some *&$#(@ words because when I came back inside, Judd said "what happened out there?" LOL!! Oops, I guess he heard.

Now I've started washing the upstairs sheets. There are three beds up there but one is Erin's and she might not appreciate me invading her space, so I'll just stick with the two guest rooms. I have no idea why I'm racing like a maniac but if it'll get a few extra chores done around here, I'm all for it!

Now I'm re-thinking my hamburger patty plan. I'm tempted to go and get some of that awesome tortilla-crusted tilapia. If I do, I'll get some buns and we'll have the hamburgers tomorrow with LO potato salad and beans. OR ... it'll make a good lunch for me. Either way, the potato salad is core (just potatoes diced and cooked with the skins on, mustard, FF mayo, diced purple onion and some Splenda relish). I could eat the potatoes and beans all week and be happy.

Now I really must ask ... WHERE THE HECK IS EVERYBODY????
Old 06-10-2007, 06:51 PM   #90  

Hi everybody...I'm here, just busy with the kiddos. We're enjoying summer so far, and having a nice after-church lazy Sunday afternoon. I just finished making pancakes and ham slices (all cooked on the griddle - yumm!) for dinner. My 6 year old asked for pancakes, and I HAD to oblige.

The garden is growing well. We're really getting a lot of rain lately, which is great for my water bill. I'm excited ... this year we got some lavender, lemon balm, spearmint, and cinnamon basil to plant. It should smell very nice in our garden this year.

2 girls moved in down the street from us (we're on a dead end) and my girls are ecstatic. They've never had other kids in the neighborhood. Now I need to figure out the whole "playing with the neighbors" rules.

As far as my eating plan...not good, not bad. Meh, whatever. I will worry another day.

Later!
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote