Old 05-07-2007, 07:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Smile Core Chat: May 7-13

Here's our new pages!

There are posts from last night on last week's pages. Be sure to catch up!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:06 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

I'm up having my first cup of coffee made for me by the non-coffee drinking Honey Lamb. He's reading the papers and I'm getting organized for the day. I've got a landscaper coming today and my Cardiologist appointment. I'm hyper about both for some reason.

We had a nice quiet evening yesterday. I'll have a Chipotle bowl for dinner tonight and have leftover Chicken Strogonoff and veggies for dinner tomorrow night after my haircut and color. So I don't have to worry about cooking dinner again until Wednesday. I kind of have a hankering for Chicken Cacciatorre. Jim wants Cornmeal Chicken so maybe I'll make that on Friday. I'm back in planning mode. That's a good thing for me staying on program.

I'll go read posts and catch up as soon as I'm doing preparing for my appointments.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 310/237/180

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Chicks
I will start today by saying I am happy to have found this board and the new friends here.
I am ready to get myself in the place I need to be. Thats in control I have everything ready and waiting that is core. I will stay on plan .
I did manage to go around the track once yesterday , very shacky . Very funny too ! lol
I will try more tomorrow as for tonight we have a game ! WOOT WOOT
Go Twizzlers
Today I will ride my bike for 5 miles and do some stability ball exercise.
I am aiming for 80 oz water and Op
I hope everyone has a great day !!!!!!
Old 05-07-2007, 08:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 310/237/180

Height: 5'9"

Vickie I hope both appointments go well
Your chicken dishes sound devine . Care to share ?
I know planning is important for me too . With the kids and running around it is to easy to take the easy way out of eating healthy and just falling victim to being last again . Not anymore I am going to make this all about me and be selfish ! lol
Plan Plan and plan Good job !
Ginas going 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:24 AM   #5  
Core 4/22/07 Doing It!!

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up

Morning
Gina -glad your up and running again! you know you can do this.Its just a matter of fighting with yourself for a bit lol
Vickie -good luck with your appointments.We just finished doing our septic system,what a mess they made but fixed it up very nicely and have the landscapers coming in a couple weeks.
I hoped on the scale this morning,was not a happy camper.I've been reading some tidbits of The Beck Diet Solution,I ordered it and cant wait till it comes.I follwed a suggestion last night when i felt like snacking I said to myself (3 times mind you lol) "you are not hungry,you just have a desire to eat,it will pass) and it worked.Of course I had to disapear from the first floor and head upstairs to make sure.Although the scale shows I must have sleep walked last night and ate half the contents of my fridge lol Has to be water since my rings felt tight this morning. I did my 2 mile WATP dvd before breakfast and felt good that was out of the way.I will do my 20 min with bob harper this afternoon.
Frouf- Sorry dd was cranky.that doesnt seem fair that was done.You did the right thing in asking her,me I would have marched right up without permission lol
well I'm off to do some things and keep busy.the baby needs her morning nap.will catch up later
TikiOnADiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:51 AM   #6  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Wow - great bunch of committed exercisers - good for you! And I love the 'self-talk" Tiki - honestly that is an excellent strategy - and yes I sometimes clean up after dinner, make lunches then head upstairs AWAY from the kitchen. Last night I ended up going down a couple of times (to turn off lights, set house alarm) - found myself wandering in the kitchen - and realized I was LOOKING to eat (and no I was not actually hungry) - so I marched myself back upstairs!

Vickie - good luck with the appointments - let us know what the dr says!

And I have asked dh to descend to the basement freezer as I know I have one of those 'freezer to table' turkeys in there- no defrosting required (or so it says) - so I agree on the PLANNING aspect. I know if there are no dinner plans dh will probably end up ordering pizza and I don't want to have to be tempted by that! Besides I LOVE turkey and all those leftovers too.

And as for dd and the dance fiasco - I was going to email the school - and ask if I could sit in on the 'debrief' to see what is said by the teacher. Now I told dd I would not call the school but seems my ex/her dad beat me to it (I know she won't be happy). He mentioned that while dd loved the school and was having a very positive experience he questioned the accountability of the teacher to the students in explaining what she did and why! And mentioned how upset dd was after the tap number - so we'll see what that does! (dd will of course be mortified I'm sure! so let's not tell her okay?). I might 'drop in' tonight when I drop her off to see if either of the directors are around to chat!

Otherwise I have an AMAZING picture of dd (in her blonde Glinda wig) doing a leg extension during her dance - swear to god her leg is up near her head/ear - I don't know how she does it - sure looks painful!

Next sat night I am stuck at the studio again - first of all recital tickets go on sale so yes there is a line up of all us desperate moms trying to buy tickets (first come first served on assigned seats and we must all be in the front rows you know!) - and then formal/posed pictures- which means HOURS of changing costumes and posing in a hot/muggy studio - once I get the tickets I will probably take off if possible and then just pick her up when it's all over!

Weather is fantastic here this week (1 day of rain - then in the eighties) so it will be nice to get outdoors (SAndra I can't believe you are still getting snow!)

...and dr appt this wed to review meds/health situation!

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:38 AM   #7  
focused and aiming

gina, we're glad you found this board, too. we're also glad we found it. what a great bunch of friends--more than support--friends.

vickie, i love it that you're back in planning mode. what about your landscaping? are you getting a lot done?

curtis and i are heading to lowe's in a few min to get our new grill. afterwards it's tilling, edging, planting, spraying. he's going to do the first 2. i have 96 petunia plants and all the seedlings to put into the ground and pots. i'm excited! oh, yes!!! we'll put the birdhouses up, too. life is good.

tiki, that self talk sounds like a big help. thanks for sharing. and you're having landscapers, too? am i impressed with you and vickie or what!

frouf, i'd love to see a photo of dd. would you pm one to me if you'd rather not post it publicly? our weather seems to have leveled out. the planting begins today. well, it began a week ago. i got the big hearty stuff out then. also, i got the waterfall decorated. i have been bringing the waterfall goodies in nightly. no more!! (not for awhile anyway) our lows are 40ish for the next week at least. 85 tomorrow!!!!!

have a magnificent monday, chickies. i'll be back later. while we're at lowe's i'm going to look for a chickie to put in one of the beds in honor of all of you. i have a rabbit by the w f and a raccoon in one bed. i need a chickie.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:50 AM   #8  

Hi Everyone.
Thanks to all who responded to my post.
Well I decided tomorrow will be my new day to begin WW. Tonight when I go. I will be a new member. I will get my new qick track. And start with a clean slate.
I am thinking of all of you.
Hope everyone is doing ok.
Again thanks for the replys. They helped.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Will check in tonight after weigh in.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 11:56 AM   #9  
Core 4/22/07 Doing It!!

Sandra sounds like a blast.All our seedling are beautiful were hoping it will be warm this weekend to get out there.I cant decide what to do with my herbs,should I put them in the garden or keep them indoors? Our corn looks great and the tomato plants are doing well too! Getting out in the garden really burns some calories so have fun!
the self talk is from that book i mentioned.It goes through 40days and you incorprate into your current diet plan.I'd be more than happy to share what I learn
Frouf- Looks like someone had the idea already! I'm sure dd would be mortified if she knew.Im curious of the outcome! good for you heading right back upstairs! it really helps to be away for me.After lunch I will take the kiddies upstairs to play and read a book.
gotta make lunch! bbl
Old 05-07-2007, 02:09 PM   #10  
Core 4/22/07 Doing It!!

Wanted to share
A friend of mine sent this website where you can send letters to yourself.Its called FutureMe.org. I just wrote myself a letting reminding me of what I was doing,where I wanted to be and just a reminder how important it is on so many levels.My first letter will be sent me me the end of our current challenge! Next I will send one sometime early next year hopefully when I'm at goal
Old 05-07-2007, 07:11 PM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I'm back from the Cardiologist. He put me back on a lower dose of one of the medicines he took me off of. He doesn't think the throat thing is related to the BP medicine. He's leaving me off the medicine that caused the other symptoms. I'm back at square one. Sigh. I'm kinda depressed and off to watch TV.

I'll be back around later tomorrow after I go weigh in.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:10 PM   #12  

Hi Everyone
Well I did gain. I gained 1 1/2 lbs.
Got me a new quick track. So am ready to get started anew tomorrow. Well I hope that I get back on track this week.
Well am going to get off here. Going to go read my week one WW book. Maybe that will help.
Hope everyone is ok.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:51 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

tiki, share away my friend. i'm sure several of us will incorporate it in with core.
i don't know what to do with herbs. did you go online and ask jeeves? i'm normally a "rose grower." i worked about 4 hours outside today. i am pooped.

vickie, has your primary care physician talked to you about what could be causing your sore throat? i'm sorry you're depressed. if you're not happy with what your doctors are telling you, why not see a different doctor? it couldn't hurt.

coco, 1.5 isn't bad. i know none of us want to ever gain but if you had to have a gain--this wasn't bad. i like your attitude about starting anew. you go, girl!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Coco! Hang in there...start tomorrow. I "started" today. I'm going back to counting points, as well as eating Core. I'm telling you, if I don't count, I don't lose. I also did some and took a 30 minute fast walk, in addition to the normal 30 with the dogs. Feels good.

Vickie. hmmmm. well, what can we say. Some of these meds can be very tricky. It's not unusual that doses are too high, and that we change our metabolism of them with time. At least they seem to be listening and trying to assist you.

I'm off to bed...long day.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:01 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning everyone. Wow, I think this is the first time I've posted first on a new day

Coco, don't let the scale get you down. As Sandra said, 1 1/2 pds is really not too bad. Today is a new day and you will get that off plus more......

Vickie, I hope the new meds help. Did you ever have an ultra sound on your neck? My gf just went through a whole host of tests -- she kept feeling like she had something stuck in her throat. I think the same complaint you have. Ends up she has a multi nodular goider. She is going for a biopsy soon. Not sure what the treatment is.

Gina and Tiki - great work on all the exercise. I need to get my but moving.

Sarah has gynmastics this morning and then maybe I'll take her to the state park -- lots of walking trails and we can take the dog. It will be much too nice to be indoors today. Then tomorrow we are off on the big pre-school field trip. We are going to the zoo in Providence. i need to pack lunch and water tomorrow. I did find flat breads that are 90 calories, 9grms fiber adn 2 grms fat. One good size one is 1 pt. I'll let you know how they taste. I had found 1 pt pita pockets, but they were so thin, too thin.

Well, got to get moving. I'll bbl.
Frouf, did you talk the director at the dance school? It does seem so unfair of that teacher to do that to the girls during the performance. I hope dd has recovered.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote