Old 05-08-2007, 08:15 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 310/237/180

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning
We slammed the game last night ! Woot Woot !!!! 16-6
My DD pitched like a star This team is awsome . I bet me make it to the playoffs .
With me...........I am ready to get serious ..always hard to start back up KWIM?
I stopped at the market and bought a bunch of fresh fruit and veggies .
I am restarting today .
I will ride my bike for 45 minutes and try to get to the track for a roller blade adverture .

Coco hang in there and the gain will be gone in no time . Good job going back to WW.
Vickie I am sorry you have no answers . Have you had your Hormones checked out ? or thyroid?
I hope you all have a great day and stay OP
Ginas going 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:01 AM   #17  
Core 4/22/07 Doing It!!

Height: 5'5

Good morning ladies!
Busy day today but after this I'm getting my exercise in so its out of the way.
Sandra- I will take a look Think the herbs im doing do not do so well indoors.Awesome job being outside for so long I would say you def got some APs
Paula- have fun today.Think I will plan a picnic outside today.Poor Sheridan has been playing pinic indoors for months she will love it lol
Vickie -good luck with the new meds,maybe your dose was too high?
Coco- Obviously your being "out of control" hasnt been that bad as you thought.1.5 gain is not bad for being off plan.Glad you went back and started taking control again!
Well I'm off to do some exercise!
bbl ladies
TikiOnADiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:02 AM   #18  
Core 4/22/07 Doing It!!

Forgot my lil Gina! WTG with softball looks like they just needed to warm up! Glad you stocked up,now get moving!
Old 05-08-2007, 11:21 AM   #19  

Good morning ladies, just stopping in to say hi!
I have been under the weather these past 3 days, have a bad stomach bug, no appetite, nauseous and you know what else goes with it. I have been up since 4am with bad intenstinal cramping. The good news is I am down 4lbs, not a good way to lose it but I will take it. Hope everyone is doing well, I will try to check back in a bit if I am feeling up to it. Take care and have a great OP day.
thingirlinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:11 PM   #20  
Core 4/22/07 Doing It!!

(((niki))) been wondering where you been! looks like your losing weight on the Diarrhea Diet! Sorry your not feeling well hon.Feel better soon!
Old 05-08-2007, 01:52 PM   #21  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Poor Niki - hope you are feeling better soon!

Gina- congrats on that great team of yours - they must be thrilled to be doing so well!

Coco - you didn't gain - it's a brand new start remember? So this is just your 'starting' weight and by next week it will change - hang in there and good for you for starting over.

Vickie - glad you got your dosage adjusted - sure hope it aleviates the sleep issues - any other info on the throat thing?

Paula - sounds like you are also getting some great exercise outdoors - good for you - enjoy the field trip and the 1 pt wrap!

Sandra - pm me your email so I can send you pics if you like.

As for the dance school my ex beat me too it - seems he left some long-winded phone message (and trust me he leaves very long boring messages) saying how the teacher is accountable to the students and should explain her rationale, and that parents can't really complain if the kids did not do well of course but kids should understand what is going on.

So dd comes out of dance class kinda angry - AT ME of course - it seems a 'lecture' was given to all the class - and she knew it was aimed at her - she thought of course I had called/spoken to the dance director but luckily I was not the bad guy this time. She did not want to share what was said - but she sure had 'words' with her Dad - I am sure it wasn't that bad but would love to hear what was discussed with the kids.

Out for lunch today at a thai restaurant - very yummy but I don't feel overstuffed - I was able to pass on the BIG HUNK of birthday cake so that's a good sign. I have some fruit in the fridge for later if I get hungry - and hoping dh has planned something for dinner? (a girl can dream can't she?)

Had my 'official' challenge weigh in this morning and happy to report scale is down 1.8 since last week - how amazing is that? Trying to keep up the momentum and motivation - and I really need to try not to weigh myself every day so I don't drive myself batty!

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 05-09-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:56 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Frouf, congratulations on the weight loss. I'm sure you're happy about that good news, following so many hassles!

Niki: I hope you feel better soon. Just don't ever drink any more water and you'll maintain that weight loss

Gina: I love your softball stories. Makes me want to get out there and run around the bases! Did I ever tell the story about hitting a classmates with a baseball bat? on purpose...oh well, I was NOT a violent kid, really, well, just that once...

I got one big piece of work done today...grades for the term were submitted. Now, back to my report

I can't tell you how envious I am of those of you who are getting to garden. I put some tulips and an hydragena (sp?) in a barrel and that has to be it for a while. I did rake the front yard, all 10 square feet, or so, of it. Got rid of some winter debris.

I'm making meatloaf for dinner and looking forward to having some. I consider it a winter meal, but DH asked for it, so who could say "no" ?

I'm going to do some walking or before turning in. BBL

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:58 PM   #23  
focused and aiming

hi there. i've been to wally mart and penneys today. at jcp, i got new bedding/drapes. at wm i got toilet paper, etc.... i had fun!

i'm having a "me" day today. tomorrow i'll get back in the yard. (that's sort of a "me" day, too. i love working outside.) the yard men came to mow today. that's why i went shopping instead.

vickie, i still think you need a thorough checkup. sometimes doctors don't find solutions. maybe "new" eyes could.

frouf, i'll bet you're tickled at your ex-dh calling the dance studio. i would be. it's his turn to be the "bad guy." you get blamed for too much.

gina, congrats on the win. i love reading about your games, too. you know i'm very competitive.

rhonda, i'm glad you're not violent. just in case i'll hide all our bats.

niki, i hope you're feeling better.

sounds like a lot of us are starting over. i am. i began being more careful last fri. so far so good. curtis and i go to the doctor tomorrow. i'll have to hop on his truck scales. oh, well. i know i have gained since i was last there in march. life goes on.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:06 PM   #24  
Donna

Hello All,

WOW the board's been pretty busy the last couple of days. I need to stop in more often to keep on top of things.

Just wanted to stop in and say that my WI tonight was really good I lost 4.2 lbs Just goes to show if you have a plan and follow it you'll succeed.

Sunday night was kind of funny, we went to my parents and I asked mom what was for dinner she says "spare ribs, and potato salad" I'm thinking ok neither of those things are core, "what kind of veggie?", "well your dad wants pork and beans", "I'm sorry that's not a vegetable" To make a long story short we ran out and got asparagus so at least something on my plate was healthy. It was just not what I expected at all.

Yesterday I had a bad day and got myself all worked up, but I only ate a little off program. And obviously it didn't do too much damage. I also got the tea set in the ad on this page. I was amazed at how good the tea tasted. I'm trying to find drinks I like so when I've drank my 2L of water, I chose something besides wine which is what I want.....

I don't have time to respond to everyone we're about to leave for dinner, I'll try to respond when we get back, or in the am.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:45 PM   #25  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi all, well we had a busy day. Started off at walmart to get birthday presents - Sarah has 2 more party's coming up. One is a princess party, so I just had to get her a new dress up outfit - snow white. She has cindrella but its worn to death and I think a bit small - she has had it for 2 years. So, she now has a new dress, shoes and tiara! Then it was off to gynmastics and lunch. We ended up going to the state park to walk. Ended up walking the 2.5 mile loop. Sarah did great -- she made it about 2/3 of the way. I carried her on my back the rest of the way. So, I think that last mile or so I got extra in considering I was carrying a 40 pd load!

Made a cheesburger noodle dish for dinner - all core. DH had no idea there was bulger wheat in it. Blended right in with the ground beef. It was very good. I'll have to post the recipe.

Tehc -- WOO HOO Great loss. It amazes me as well, when you actually stick to the program, it works! Keep up the great momentum.

Frouf - a WOO HOO to you as well. To end up with a loss after the weekend you had. GREAT JOB.

Niki - Not sure if a WOO HOO is appropriate or not. Hope you are feeling better. Being sick is no fun. HUGS to you.

Gina -congrats on the game. How old are the girls?

Tiki - hope you and Sheridan had your picnic. I decided today that I'm going to spring for the state park parking pass. I think it $35 for the year. It cost me $2 to park today. Plus Scusset Beach in Sagamore and Horseneck Beach are state parks that I could go to and use the pass.

Well, need to get my tired girl to bed. See you all tomorrow after our field trip!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:17 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Tech..what good news!

I took a very brisk 20 minute walk. I should have gone longer but it was getting very dark, and I had already almost twisted my ankle on a stone on the sidewalk! Getting healthy can be dangerous!

I ate lo tilapia, and left the meatloaf to DH. I tasted it though: very good.

Night all.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:33 AM   #27  
focused and aiming

i overate tonight. tomorrow will be better.

rhonda, congrats on getting out there and walking.

paula, the cheeseburger noodle dish sounds good.

donna, you didn't do badly at all. what a great loss you had.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:04 AM   #28  
Donna

Morning Everyone -

Thanks for the congrats. I'm pretty happy, now I just need to stick with it for another week, then maybe I can cross that dreaded 230 mark that I hit last fall and have been going up and down since.

I have a question - where did this 100 oz of water thing come from? I drink 3-4 half liter bottles (51-68 oz) and after you can't even tell I went to the bathroom which I thought was the tell tale. Anyway, I'm not joining in I think I'd float away....

Rhonda - Yea on getting in that extra exercise. And I don't think you did too bad at your conference, as my leader always says did you do better than you would have done before WW? Then it was a success. I've been counting points to, just eating mostly core foods.

Gina - Wow on your softball team. Sounds like you have a blast. And you are amazing with the exercise. I was proud of myself for riding to work, working (which is mostly standing), then riding on a path in town and to ww then home last night. Worked out to about 7.5 miles, then I read your post... I'm gonna have to step it up.

Coco - Glad you went back to WW and I agree with Frouf it isn't a gain it's a new start. Hang in there and come back when the 'puter lets you.

Frouf - wow, what a week end. Is dd over here mad? And on your loss. Amazing with the running around you did. Not always easy to stay OP.

Vicki - Hope the med. works for you. At least your dr. seems to be working with you. Trust me that's not always the case. I'll bet your yard will be a sight to behold when you're done with it. Have fun and don't stress too much.

Sandra - Today's a new day. You did great at the range.

Nicki - Hope you're feeling better. Loosing weight that way is never any fun.

Tiki - Herbs do great outside in the garden. I have an herb box with 10 different herbs and it is so nice to just run outside with a pair of scissors to get some. They are pretty easy. Basil has to be replanted every spring. Oregano and mint spread like crazy. Parsley and Dill are self seeding for the most part. Our parsley and thyme got hit by the warm weather so they sprouted then the cold/snow but they seem to be recovering slowly. Some of them take a while to get established but now that I've had the box for 4 years they're pretty independent (for some of them we trim and throw away a lot of herbs thru the summer), a little water now and then that's it. Just remember when planting they do get bigger and unless you're going to move them give them space.

Paula - how was the field trip? Sounds like you had fun at the park yesterday. I always buy the pass then I can stop for a short time and not feel guilty about the $$.

Patti - How's it going?

Well have a great day all. I have to go grocery shopping and then go to the dentist.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:06 AM   #29  
Core 4/22/07 Doing It!!

Morning girls!
Was so good yesterday and the scales reflected it I also started reading my book.Think I will make a blog for it it goes for 6 weeks and you ladies can read it as I go along.Its right up my alley and im sure it fits 99% of dieters.Great read.I also notice the morning that i have oatmeal i tend to snack more and the morning I eat an egg and more protien I do better.Im going to try it again today and see if my theory is right.
Paula- we did have our picnic.Was a little hectic cause the baby started grabbing everyone's food and I had to end up holding her while feeding her,and eating a salad lol Otherwise she was heading for Sheridan's PB&J
sounds like you had a very busy day,have fun at the party! the pass sounds good.Jim wants to hike up blue hills this weekend.I get so nervous with the mosqitoes around here tho.will bring some spray.
Tech- That is a fabulous loss!!! Good for you hon I really had to laugh at your mother's idea of a veggie was it the pork or the beans that was the veggie? lol

Well today I will do 2 -15 min sessions on the elliptical and 1 mile WATP
100oz water

funny story few days ago Sheridan was watching my check off my 35 weekly points.I didnt log what I had the other day so I went to get my food journal and they were ALL checked off! Seems my 4yr old thought it would fun to continue checking off my points.I have no clue how many I used before and now I do not have any idea what was left.I think its safe to assume I had 15-20 left but I'm just going to eat my APs and leave the 35 alone lol
Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 05-09-2007, 08:13 AM   #30  
Core 4/22/07 Doing It!!

Tech- I recently read a great water article that you should drink half your body weight.Im 198 so I let to shoot for 100 esepcially if you sweat during exercise.I always strive for it,most of the time I will get 80-90 and for the most part it suits me.I dont feel like I'm floating away if i sip it throughout the day im good but if i drink large amounts in short period of time I do pee alot!
Thanks for the tips on the herbs I think I will plant them outside then! .I have thyme,parsley,dill,chives,rosemary,and basil.Now this is my first time doing herbs.I literally just cut off what I need? Do they re-grow from where I cut? sorry for the dumb question lol