3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Core Chat for January 1-7, 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/100825-core-chat-january-1-7-2007-a.html)

Froufy 01-07-2007 01:21 AM

TV's in the bedroom is also a big no no for me Rhonda - I agree wholeheartedly and have kept one OUT of all bedrooms until very recently when we decided to move the treadmill up into the bedroom - figuring if it was in our face we would have to use it right? Well it got a bit boring so we got a small TV and dvd/vcr combo thing so we would watch tv or dvd's while we treadmill - and it's working great. I can even do my exercise dvd's up here!

We honestly do NOT watch tv in bed or rarely watch it otherwise. I will sometimes come up here to watch something I am very interested in if the kids are watching one of their shows in the family room or using the playstation.

Kathy - I agree - nothing like a man in uniform - Shaun looks great! Dh is a late night computer surfer by the way - I have to tell him in a loud voice - it's time to shut down now dear! :D

We ended up going to dinner and a movie tonight and left all kiddies home (and came home to a major disaster of course w/me screaming like a banshee - but that's a whole nother story!)... had japanese food - miso soup, salad, teriyaki shrimp - best news is we SKIPPED the popcorn (very unusual for us!) and just shared a diet coke. I am hungry now which is a good sign as I did not feel bloated after dinner (altho I did eat everything as I was hungry).

And Sandra you have reminded me that I have some paperwork to do this weekend and must clean out the RECEIPT BASKET - yes it's here looming on top of the desk - overflowing w/receipts. I generally save some receipts for a while, some forever! but once in a while a clean out is in order! and I am now having to STUFF the paper in so this means there is NO MORE ROOM!

Taking dd to mall tomorrow before her dance classes (and trying to get another $20 off the camera we bought here - I believe there was a 30 day low price guarantee and lo and behold found an add for same camera at an even lower price!). And still balmy out here (no snow here Sandra) as we await winter!

Frouf

Katpo 01-07-2007 04:17 AM

Well, a fine and hearty good morning to all! Isn't it a great day??

I have to get up at 4 anyway to go to the airport, so might as well just stay awake. I can come back home and sleep for a while before going to work at 1 this afternoon.

Froufy, your dinner sounds so good and reminds me that I forgot eat. I think the meal you had was absolutely perfect! I love Japanese food and going to the hibachi restaurant, but it's always so much food and oil and salt, and ours don't have brown rice. I usually get the appetizer of chicken on a skewer and skip all the other stuff but next time I think I'll go for what you had. Okay great, now my stomach is gurgling.

We have six TVs in the house, and one in each of the four bedrooms. Since our schedules are all different, there's pretty much no other way if anyone ever wants to watch. Erin gets home late at night and if she watched out in the family room or upstairs living room, it would disturb others (me). I watch different stuff than Judd so I come up to my room for the news at night while he's watching whatever downstairs. It just works out well for us. Of course, so does having separate bedrooms so I guess we're weird anyway.

Seeing the date at the top of this thread reminds me that tomorrow (Monday) is my mom and dad's anniversary. They've been married for 53 years.

I'm off to play a game! See all you sleepyheads later!

Vickie 01-07-2007 10:13 AM

Good Morning Chicks! I just wanted you all to know that my not being here as nothing to do with anything on the board. I've been trying to read when I can but I have no interest in sitting at the keyboard for long. I'm not well and Jim is now getting sick. The worst of it is that we almost lost Cindy Friday night. The entire family was summoned to her room. The weirdest part is that the bone marrow transplant was a 100% success. Her organs are just failing. There is no plan for her as she is bleeding and there is nothing they can do since surgery is not an option for her. Her husband says it is between her and God. So, I'm sure you can understand that my energy and my heart are elsewhere right now. I'll come back when I can.

Katpo 01-07-2007 10:21 AM

Oh, no, Vickie! That just doesn't sound good at all. :hug:

We've all got colds here too ... Judd has the worst of all. He'll probably have to miss work and go to the doctor tomorrow, because it's not getting better.

Shaun missed his flight this morning due to us leaving late (he didn't get his things together last night like planned) and then he stood in the wrong line. He was really tired but that's his problem because he didn't get home until very late and there was no excuse for that. Anyway, there's one around noon that he'll try to get. It'll cost him $100 extra but that's the price of not planning and/or listening to your mom.

I'm going to go do a little housework before leaving for work. Everyone have a good day.

Tejas 01-07-2007 11:42 AM

Vickie: I woke up this morning thinking about you and the loss of your uncle and the dire situation that your friend faces. Just know that we are all thinking of you and sending you our prayers, good thoughts and wishes.

Just take really good care of yourself and those you love.

Rhonda

Tejas 01-07-2007 01:37 PM

Wow! Six TV's. I'd have to put two in each room in the house to get to that!!!

I think that every woman should have "a room of one's own"...even if it has to be shared ;)

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah 01-07-2007 01:46 PM

Hello all, happy Sunday. Well, its quiet here now. Last night Sarah spiked another fever. We went to dinner, she was such a big girl, ordered her own pizza and root beer. When dinner came she was not hungry. We could not get her to eat anything or drink anything. By the time we were leaving she was asking to just go home. Poor thing. She had a slight fever of 99.9 at bedtime, gave her tylenol and put her to bed. Around 1am she was crying that her head hurt - she was feverish (didn't dare take it since she claims the underarm thermometer hurts - go figure). Gave her more tylenol and a cold cloth. This morning she was back down to 99.

She seems fine now - she has been eating and no fever. What scares me is that 3 schools in RI (not far from here) had been closed due to encepholitis (sp?) cases and in NH there were 2 recent cases of menigitis. Both, the CDC says, came from a bacteria that usual causes walking pneumonia. So, when she was saying her head hurt..... But then again, last week I had a killer headache for 2 days that taking meds made bearable. She could havd gotten that. Right now she is napping. The big question is if she goes to school tomorrow. Its her long day 8-3. We'll wait and see.

Food wise, I splurged last night on a cheesburger club. Was not that good - I didn't eat much of the bread at all and I did have some fries. Oh well. Back to it today. I made a wonderful Chicken Barley and Sweet potato soup. Very good and all core - I'll post it tomorrow as the recipe is on my work pc.

I've started researching new PCs. Its time to upgrade and get cable broadband. Yes, I'll finally be moving into the 21st century. I'm intregued by wireless and the possiblity of a laptop instead of a desk top. Some seem to have just as much power and storage. I'll have to check into the cost of it all. I need to pay off Christmas first. Good thing bonus's are coming in March.

On the TV front, I do have one in my bedroom. Everynight I fall asleep to the 10:00 news - its the only time I seem to get to watch the news. I've never had a problem not falling asleep in front of the TV - more than not I fall asleep and miss shows. Oh well....

Vickie, I hope you are doing well. HUGS to you and prayers for Cindy. It so hard to lose someone but we all must put our faith in God. He has kept her here fighting for a reason, it would all be so easy if we could understand His plans. I'll pray she is at peace with God and He keeps a watch over you all as well.

Kathy, thanks for sharing the picture of Shaun. Very handsome. I've always loved the look of men in uniforms. I guess it comes from being on Air Force bases growing up - by the time I was born my dad had retired from 20+ years in the service, we all still took advantage of the medical and such growing up. I hope he makes it back to base on time. and HUGS to you in regards to your health. Keep tracking you numbers and call your doctor soon.

Sandra, I love the idea of focusing on a weight to be rather than a # to lose. It does seem much more positive. Is 155 your final goal? I do understand the viewing yourself and not recognizing it. I was that way when I first reached goal. It did take some time to get used to the new me and sadly I did get back to viewiing my self as fat. Funny - 40 pds gone and I look at myself naked and see the same body - I'm not sure if I'll ever not think I need to lose weight. I had been heavy my whole adult life -always 20-40 pds overweight. It will be 2 years in May that I hit my goal, and I still thin I could lose 20 when I look at myself sometimes. Makes me wish I had a picture of me naked 40 pds ago.

Have a good on plan day.

septembersgoal 01-07-2007 04:29 PM

I'm getting ready to hit my kitchen HARD!! So I can't stay but wanted to say hi.

Sandra, I just realized how amazing you are doing. I just know that you are going to reach 155 by Valentine's Day. Do you realize that you will have reached my goal? Well really I would be happy where you're at. I know it's possible, thank you for that, podna. :hug:

Kathy, what a handsome guy you've got there! I hope that everything is okay and goes well for him today (well and in the future too). :)

Frouf, I love turbo jam! I have the whole program so I'm not sure what's what...I ordered it off ebay for about $50 and got 5 workouts. They are so fun and SUCH a workout. Even DH will do them with me. I really sweat and "feel the burn." And I haven't even graduated past the 2nd workout yet! She also always has modifications for those with problem knees/backs, etc. There's even one of her "team" that has lost 70 pounds just by doing the modified exercises.

Vickie, :hug: I don't know what to say except Cindy is in my prayers. :hug:

I'm hitting the kitchen girls. Have you all seen the documentary "Super Size Me"...I know it's a few years old but I hadn't seen it until today. You must watch it!! You'll never want to eat fast food again.

I'm going to clean out the kitchen and get to cooking for the week! Let's do this girls! :cheer2:

ontarget 01-07-2007 05:27 PM

kathy, shaun is a handsome guy. thank you for sharing the photo. he looks really really good. like rhonda says, "you gotta luv a man in a uniform."

rhonda, we don't have tv in the bedroom either. last night we watched "splanglish." it was cute. we sat in the hot tub afterwards talking about it. sometimes a movie just sticks with you.

frouf, i finished 2003 scrapbook yesterday and am 1/3 the way through 04. it's sort of neat seeing what happened back then. i told curtis our scrapbooks are sort of history books. i guess that's the way everybody's are. hope you and dd had a good time at the mall. i wanted to go today but the roads are too icey for me.

:hug: vickie. i am so sorry about cindy. i hope she isn't suffering. this is so sad. it's hard to lose a friend. you take care of yourself. your health is important. you have had a very very rough last several months. that has to have weakened your body.

paula, i hope sarah is better. keep us posted. my doctor set 155 as my ww goal. i may lose down further but i'm not sure. i won't have to pay at 157. that's the good part. then i can do what i want about losing more. i'm thinking i'll probably keep working on weighing 155. that's all right with me.

melissa, we watched supersize me and loved it. sure was an eye-opener. you're so sweet. i just love you to death. okay, start saying, "i plan to weigh 155 by _____" i'm saying it, too.

we're staying in this afternoon. the roads are icey. i'm hungry. i'll prob make a big big bowl of popcorn and watch some tv--in the media room. :lol: i don't know if i'll :tread: while watching or not. we'll see.

Tejas 01-07-2007 07:14 PM

Paula, you're a better woman than I am. I just cannot watch the news at night, and I think that is one reason I don't have a TV in the bedroom. I get so agitated by the news, and it makes sleeping even harder than it normally is. But, I wouldn't mind watching a movie and drifting off to sleep.

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's fever. Of course, most of the time it's "nothing" but thinking about the other times can be terrifying.

I do admit that sometimes I am glued to the news. We get the BBC here and I go back and forth between CNN and the BBC. But, most of the time I have to get my daily dose of horror earlier in the day!

Who is the "she" in the Turbojam post? I need new exercise DVDs :exercise:

DH has decided no more bread and no more potatoes for a while. Hmmm, well, that should help me out. Now, how to get the Vitamin B in him...oatmeal and other cereals should do the trick I guess. He won't eat whole wheat pasta at all. Oh, how I remember the good 'ole days of joking that beer was a great source of Vitamin B!

Today we had a late lunch of meatballs, new potatoes and peas. We're going to try eating the larger meal at lunch and eating less at night....at least on the days when I can be home for lunch. This is more of an issue about digestion than about weight. I hope it doesn't lead to being hungry :hun: in the middle of the night...we'll see.

Rhonda

ontarget 01-07-2007 07:57 PM

rhonda, we have our large meal at noon. if we eat a large meal at night, we have a heck of a time sleeping. (right now, curtis is asleep in his recliner with his remote in his hand.)

septembersgoal 01-07-2007 08:29 PM

OK Sandra, I'm thinking about when my "date" should be. And I love you too! ;)

Rhonda, her name is Charlene...if you go to BeachBody.com they are the makers and distributors, but you can find it in several places I think (like ebay!).

Good night girlies!

Froufy 01-07-2007 08:32 PM

Yes men and their remotes - even have to hold onto them when they're sleeping! lol

Vickie - so sorry to hear about Cindy's setback - I am hoping she pulls through. I know you must be hearbroker and we understand your absence and your need to store up your emotional energy as required!

Kathy - sounds like my kids - you can talk to them til you're blue in the face giving them some good advice - but no they have to do it their way - and then @#$#$ happens! Hope Shaun eventually got off okay!

Rhonda - as for the news I try to avoid just because it's so horrific and usually so sad! I stopped a few years ago - I noticed after my mom died I was also so sad anyways that anything more just put me over the edge. I figure if something's important enuf I will hear about it - and so far that has been the case.

Paula - hope Sarah is all better - and I can relate to kids being sick and always wondering how serious it might be! I always get worried about the headaches - when my little guy has a headache he comes to tell us 'his brain hurts" - cute and funny even when he's not feeling well!

Sandra - congrats on getting that scrapbook done - need I say my 'receipt basket' still needs attention?

So had to leave the house most of the day today cuz of all the messes. I seem to be very sensitive these days to clutter and mess - went crazy on big ds last night - chucking all his cds/dvds in the GARBAGE CAN in the garage cuz he just wasn't picking up after himself.

Today I went into little ds' room and saw more piles and piles of stuff everywhere so I 'assigned' dh to help him out today - no games, no tv, no computer - just room cleanup....then took dd to the mall before her dance rehearsals. After that I went out shopping and for coffee, and to the library. Then home around 5 pm to prepare dinner (cola chicken - yumyum) and thankfully most of the mess was cleaned up.

I am dreading work tomorrow too - so many crises and my manager gets back from 2 weeks holiday tomorrow so I will have to debrief her on all the @#$#@ that has been going on - I know she won't be happy - and I am already feeling so emotionally (and physically?) exhausted.

I did not exercise today - decided to take a day off - soles of my feet hurt a bit (rubbing in the shoes?)....but will be back at it tomorrow. Will go have a second look at the Turbo Jam (beginner version - 3 workouts I think) based on Melissa's recommendation - but I do think it is probably too difficult for me?

Melissa - is it 'dancy' in any way? just stepping? Any info on type of workout and music would be appreciated!

Lunch and snacks packed up for tomorrow along with my CLEAN PINK water bottle! Wonder if I should get on the scale tomorrow morning? If scale is up I will surely be depressed :(

Froufie

ontarget 01-07-2007 08:38 PM

melissa, :;):

frouf, i'm here working on labels for the 04 scrapbook. after tonight i should have it finished through march. i don't like clutter either. i'm glad you got some help with it today.

Tejas 01-07-2007 10:09 PM

I've got to learn how to do this scrapbooking thing. Haven't got a clue. I put pictures in a pretty box and label the box. But, I think I want to do something just a little bit nicer with the last few years in my life. I saw a scrapbooking store not far from here. Guess I should just walk in there and find out what's what.

Clutter...boy, I think that the universe didn't give me children for a good reason. I'd pile that clutter on top of them and they'd NEVER dig out. :kickbutt: (Wouldn't want anyone inspecting my home or office though! As a kid I used to worry that if Jesus came to my house he would be unhappy because my things were disorganized and the Bible wasn't prominently displayed. "They" had done a real number on my head then!!!)

But, I read a cute story in the paper today about quit taking clutter so seriously. It seems that the people who say they are neat freaks make less money than those who say they can tolerate clutter!! So, the advice was: ACE, meaning "Aw, relax" "Clean it up" and "Eject something"