3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Core Chat for January 1-7, 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/100825-core-chat-january-1-7-2007-a.html)

aghiowa 01-03-2007 09:29 PM

Evening ladies. Well, my weigh-in tonight was every bit as bad as I thought it might be. I was up 1.4. Oh well, as my leader says, "It's not failure, only feedback." I did get myself some great Core snacks so I can stay out of the other food here. I really wish I could have the option of having a completely Core household, but my kids and husband would wither away and die. :lol:

But I got myself some ff cottage cheese, some canned pineapple tidbits, some canned peaches, some canned corn (the yummy little niblets I adore) and some really good ff yogurt. I will be good this week, I will lose the weight. My sister lost 1.4 (total of over 8 pounds in the last 3 weeks :cheer: for her!) and my mom was down 2.2, so the evening wasn't a complete waste. There sure were a lot of people there tonight...New Years resolutions I'm sure.

Well, I may go watch a chick flick while my hubby is playing on the computer. I think I have "Pride and Prejudice" I've never seen.

Tomorrow will be a good Core day. :D

Angela

ontarget 01-03-2007 09:33 PM

:bravo: paula, i want to congratulate you on losing those lbs.

kathy, i had a feeling it was traffic-related. we spent over 2 hours trying to get through waco on 35 one sunday. 2 semis had wrecked causing a 3 lane wide/10 mile long parking lot.

rhonda, i think kathy's right. they must think you're tardy. did you have a good evening? i'm still looking for that wine. :cheers: i even found a message board that's only talking about it. we'll try in salt lake and idaho this march.

vickie, my :tread: days are over for now, too. i don't know what kind of weather you're having but ours is damp and 40ish. that's doing a number on my arthritis. i'm sleeping in socks again. ohhhhhhhh these aching tootsies.

go get'm, froufie!!! if i ever get in a jam, i want you on my side.

got to go post today's menu and then my exercise on "plan". see ya later.

ontarget 01-03-2007 09:38 PM

angela, your leader's right. it's just feedback. you're doing great. buying those core snacks is going to help. i am proud of you.

septembersgoal 01-03-2007 10:48 PM

Girls I'm heading to bed. I'm so exhausted.

Sandra, you are crazy girl!! You know I love you dearly. :hug: I just don't want to slow you down. :D

Angela, Pride & Prejudice is one of my very favorite movies. I hope you like it!

Vickie, good for you getting on the move!

Frouf, what an ordeal! Never a dull moment for you.

Kathy, try not to work too hard. You are such a go-getter. I'm glad Shaun's home for awhile and it seems like you all are having a good time. (Right?? :) )

Going to bed!! Good night!! :faint:

Tejas 01-04-2007 08:33 AM

Good morning all:

Vickie, be happy....like Frouf and Kathy say, any movement is really better than being still.

I've got a long day today doing the union work. It's my first day to work with our new lawyers and I'm very excited about that. Someone else to do the work...yea!!

I'll be back later tonight. I'm having oatmeal for breakfast and the rest of the day isn't planned but shouldn't be too hard now that the workplace won't be full of cookies and other holiday treats.

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah 01-04-2007 10:50 AM

Good morning!

Hope everyone is well today. Its 55 degrees here today - not a typical winter in New Englad. December was a record for the warmest December ever. Our average high now should be around 37, we've been 15+ above average for a while. Don't miss snow at all! Of course that could all change quickly and we could be burried in snow for all of February and March. But, I'll enjoy it while I can. I may actually go walking at lunch:carrot:

Angela, don't let the scale get you down. The best thing is to purge as much out of your house as possible. For the girls and dh are there snacks they like that you don't like? Or maybe make some core-like snacks that are healthier that will satisfy them but not ruin your great work if you do splurge. I do like what your leader said about failure vs. feedback. :) Congrats to your sister and mom! And to you to -- I'm still very impressed that you re-joined right before christmas.

Frouf, what did you decide today about responding to that employee? Some people ..... Also, I'd be livid with that dentist! Definatly switch. What else have they miss billed???? Makes you wonder.

Kathy, sounds like you are enjoying Shauns visit. How long is he home on leave? Post a picture if you can, I'd love to see him in his blues.

Well, work calls. BBL.

Katpo 01-04-2007 10:57 AM

Paula, that's a good idea. I'll try to get a picture before he leaves, which is 6 a.m. Sunday. We're going to my mom's Saturday and he'll wear his uniform then, so I'll get one then.

It was raining a little when I got up but has stopped now. Our high will be 60º today and 70º tomorrow, so unseasonably warm here too. A walk sounds like a great idea -- I might try to get some of the coworkers to get outside with me this afternoon.

Time for the regular Thursday morning meeting, so I'll see you all later...

Vickie 01-04-2007 11:53 AM

Good Morning Chicks! I don't feel much like talking today. I'll be around later I hope.

aghiowa 01-04-2007 02:24 PM

:lol: I ended up watching "Rocky" instead of "Pride and Prejudice." A little different, but I really enjoyed it. I had seen it years ago, and didn't really enjoy the movie, but this time I think I "got it." It's not really about the boxing at all...it's a man's struggle to prove himself. Very interesting.

Anyhoo, I've been good today. I gave this website to my sister, so if she's lurking, she'll know whether I've been good or bad. :D Hi Jyl!! :wave:

I got a trojan (like a virus) on my computer today, and it was all my fault. I stupidly downloaded an .exe and I really shouldn't have...I know better. Thankfully, my dh, the computer guy, was able to fix it for me and now I can recover from my computer withdrawl.

Time to put the little one down for a nap,
Angela

ontarget 01-04-2007 04:32 PM

hi there, girls. i'm sitting here in my swimsuit/sweats waiting to go to w a. we are home from lunch with friends. i had a chicken/apple paninni (chicken salad sandwich toasted) and a cup of split pea/ham soup. i should have just ordered the soup, but i confess that paninni was delish. today's my last day of the week before wi. it's good in the sense that tomorrow's a fresh start. it's not so good in that i have wi in the am. (both with my doctor and with ww) i'll make wise choices the rest of the day. that's all i can do.

vickie, are you all right? did you hurt your foot? i was worried about that when mine started aching. or is today the day of your uncle's service? i can understand how that would be hurting you. i'm sending you :hug: for whatever is causing you pain.

kathy, a photo of shaun in his blues? awesome!

angela, i almost watched rocky the other night. i still may. i want to see the new movie on the big screen. that's a great idea giving this address to your sister. i hope she joins us. hi, jyl!

paula, it's warmer here, too. i even commented how it was like a texas winter right now. wet and 40ish.

rhonda, i guess you're enjoying your day. wish you could come do w a with me. that would be fun.

melissa, i'm going to be checking to see that you get here later today. it's good to see you posting more again.

Froufy 01-04-2007 07:46 PM

Hi again,

My day:
1) So I fired off a MAJOR letter to the dentist (email and fax) and letter and returned cheques to dental benefits place and called to get refund on the MC - that should sure help that balance!

2) the 'associate director' who was nasty - well I reread the email I had composed and ran it by a couple of colleagues as my manager and director are both away - they both felt it was appropriate and a 'good tone'. No sooner did I get back to my desk than said 'client' called mumbling about things not going well and 'could we back up a few days' - I guess he wanted to 'erase' what he had said. Sure - he is still trying to 'cut corners' so I sent him off to consult w/someone else - hopefully he will satisfied w/their answers!

3) so far no whining today from dd re face piercing - but then again this usually surfaces late at night so I expect another cyring/whining jag sometime soon.

Vickie - how is your foot doing? Hopefully you are not in any pain?

Paula - unseasonably warm here too - but like you I believe this to be a 'teaser' and know that we will eventually have piles and piles of snow with colder weather.

Angela - hang in there - sounds like you have some good supporters and role models around you - good idea to get more core friendly food in the house.

Sandra - how was WA? I need to exercise still for today - don't feel like doing the treadmill so I may haul out one of my richard simmons dvd's and dance around a bit!

Rhonda - glad your workplace is devoid of temptation - mine still isn't but I am resisting. I know there is a big container of those two bit brownies and a box of pecan clusters (pseudo-Turtles) on secretary's desk - I am avoiding them like the plague!

My weight seems to be at a standstill which is most depressing - but I am not doing well on the water - need to pay more attention!

Froufie

Tejas 01-04-2007 08:49 PM

Hi:

Wouldn't you know it...someone put cookies on the table during the meeting today. I said to everyone that I was moving them out of my eyesight and did so :kickbutt:
All other aspects of the meeting were great. I can just feel the tension leaving my face, shoulders and neck. I'm so happy to have the younger ones take it on!

I got an unexpected invitation to dinner and had chicken gumbo with a friend. It was good but I should NOT have had the biscuit with it :(

I didn't get much exercise at all today, but tomorrow morning is Pilates class again.

Like many places, the weather is unseasonably warm....warmest December on record here also. It's raining right now.

Not much more to say tonight. I'm still afraid to step on the scales again. I think I'll wait a week until I feel the renewed control might have had some effect. There are times when that scale is a monster!

Vickie...thinking about you and your loss.

Night all,
Rhonda

ontarget 01-04-2007 09:12 PM

frouf, it's amazing how hard it can be to just chug water, isn't it? i have trouble, too. sounds like today was better for you. just think how good friday will be.

rhonda, that took control to have the cookies moved. that biscuit was probably 3-5 pts. i'll bet you had that to spend. you're doing well. that iron monster is a pain, isn't it? there's a song about it we used to sing at "tops". it's to the tune of "glory glory hallelujah." (that's not the name of the song, but you prob recognize it.) it goes: "oh the drama in the weight room. when we're losing, it's a great room. when we're gaining, it's a debate rooooom. and the scales keep moving on........" and so on and so on.

Katpo 01-04-2007 09:32 PM

Evening, friends! We are busy these days, aren't we?

Vickie, I hope you feel better soon. :hug: We're here, rain or shine. Just spill it, girlfriend.

Frouf, I do not envy you these years with DD. It sounds like you've got a handle on that dentist situation though; I would have hit the roof too! What shoddy practice!!

Today I got the results from last week's bloodwork. Um, let's just say that I'm not a happy kid right now. Cholesterol was 280 and fasting blood sugar was high. Since my sister had diabetes, my mom and all her siblings have it, do we see where this could be headed? I'm not sure what to do at this point, but there was a Rx for Zocor included with the letter. I've taken it before but he took me off when my ratio was good. Now the ratio is BAAAAD and that might also explain the chest pains. I'm probably one taco away from a stroke.

I made more toffee tonight but this time didn't put chocolate on it. I don't eat the stuff, but love to take things for my coworkers. Of course, even though they eat it, they grumble that I'm making them fat. We do have a lot of people who can eat anything and not gain an ounce; then there's also our fair share of overweight people. It's their choice whether or not they want to eat it. I just like to cook and experiment and make people smile. I've really been getting a lot of use from my new candy thermometer though. :D

Off to take a bath and get ready for tomorrow.

ontarget 01-04-2007 09:58 PM

kathy, be sure to take your meds. that's serious stuff there that you're dealing with.

i'm going to say the following as someone who is working hard to lose weight. please do not be offended. i know trying to lose weight is often compared to trying to quit drinking. both are hard. both require decision making. both need friends to understand this and to not make things more difficult.

it is easier for me to stay focused when there's not something decadent on hand.

reading several posts here and on other boards, i've noticed a lot of people "decluttering" their homes of weightloss unfriendly foods. this is a great idea. several also talk about how they are glad that the holidays are over and there's not a lot of "stuff" around at work any more thus relieving some strain. this is good, too.

is there some way you could keep doing your baking and sharing yet not put strains on your coworkers who may be needing the work area "decluttered"?

i am one of those people who can be swayed into eating something just because it's there. the way it looks--the way it smells--i may eat it and smile on the outside, but i'm probably crying on the inside because i once again feel like a failure.

what we want to do is help each other. that's one of the reasons we're here on this weightloss board. we work together to help each other be healthy happy people. you've helped a lot of us and continue to do so. i appreciate that. i just read your post and got to thinking how wonderful it would be if you'd help your coworkers like you help us.

again, i hope i didn't offend you or anyone else. i just needed to say this.