3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Core Chat for January 1-7, 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/100825-core-chat-january-1-7-2007-a.html)

Katpo 01-04-2007 10:19 PM

No offending here! Actually, we probably have 80% of our employees in our department who are in perfect shape and don't have to worry about a thing. Most are retired military and are still in the habit of working out / eating right. We don't want it here at home, but they love it there! That's the reason I have just spent the last two months making a cookbook with all the contributions from employees. We have a monthly birthday lunch, and every day people bring in food. We've got 40 people locked in this secret area with no outside access, so we can pretty much do what we want.

They're the perfect outlet for my creativity! And those who aren't eating the junk are perfectly happy to resist. It is a choice, and the ones who shouldn't have it usually choose (well, 99% of the time) to bypass the goodies. And as for the grumblers ... most of them aren't worried a bit about it. They just like to give me a hard time.

Yesterday I took in chocolate covered popcorn, petit fours, homemade bread with honey butter, and some fudge. They actually love to see me coming!

Tejas 01-05-2007 02:25 AM

Hi:

It's just after 2AM here in Toronto and I cannot sleep :tired: This is a problem for me that I don't mention too often. I don't roam around looking for high calorie snack foods, am not even hungry and can be comforted with hot milk with vanilla and Splenda. It's just an inability to turn my mind off. I used to do a lot of Yoga and developed an ability to breathe correctly and relax but it's not working tonight.

From time to time I'll take Melatonin and it works, but I am not too keen on getting dependent on any herb or drug. So, I just wander around with my insomnia. I bet I can go to sleep now :yawn:

Nite,
Rhonda

Katpo 01-05-2007 03:15 AM

Rhonda, I hope you are sleeping now. I guess I must have a little bit of the same problem. I get thirsty during the night though so I have to get up and get some water if I've forgotten to put some on the nightstand. Tonight when I got up, the dog that sleeps with me thought it was morning so she wanted to go out and potty. I let her out and when she came back in, she went to Judd's door. This is our usual morning (the REAL morning, though) routine -- so I let her in to his room and then came back upstairs. Now I can't go back to sleep even though I'm very tired.

See you all in the morning ...

Tejas 01-05-2007 08:22 AM

Hi All:

:yawn:

Kathy, it's 7:15 here. I finally got to sleep and now it's off to work.

At least, I'm not having to corral kids and surly teenagers, as I know some of you are.

OK, here's the plan....I have to miss Pilates because of a meeting I forgot about but I'm going to sneak in a movie with DH around lunch time downtown. Nobody will miss me and he and I will enjoy it. We're going to go see the new Judy Dench/Cate Blanchett movie in my plan works out.

And, oh yes, stay OP.

I hope the rest of you slept even though Kathy and I didn't!!

Rhonda

Katpo 01-05-2007 08:39 AM

I like your plan! Enjoy the movie!

We woke up this morning to a heavy fog and it's supposed to stay until noon. Tonight I think we're going to take Shaun to dinner. Someone gave Judd a gift card to TGIFriday's, so that sounds like a good use for it. Tomorrow is the trip to Tyler, tomorrow night he's going to a friend's house to watch the football game, and then he leaves at 6 a.m. Sunday and the trip will be over. It has been a good one but I'm sure he's ready to get back to his regular routine.

I'll be back after I get to work.

ontarget 01-05-2007 09:21 AM

i have those wide awake nights, too. we recently put a heated mattress pad on the bed and that helps. kathy, i know that wouldn't work for you in texas. it would probably get way too hot. rhonda, you might try one. it couldn't hurt. there are dual controls like on an electric blanket. we like ours.

going to a movie today sounds like fun. we're up early. curtis is going to shovel fresh snow off the drive before i leave for the doctor and ww. after i get home, i don't know what we'll do, but tonight we have league. that should be fun--if the bleach smell is out of the shop. it made me very shaky wednesday. curtis wants me to talk to the doctor about that today. it was almost like i'd been poisoned.

kathy, i know you're going to miss shaun when he has to leave. ya'll have had a wonderful visit. i am so happy for all of you, and i'm waiting to see those photos.

Tejas 01-05-2007 09:39 AM

Best laid plans....the early morning meeting got rescheduled until the afternoon...which means for me, no Pilates and no movie. #$%^&#$

We have a very cozy bed with dual heat controls! But, sometimes I just can't get the mind to shut up. It's so unnecessary, never solves any problems, creates fatigue..blah, blah, blah.

Bleach fumes can be very toxic! I guess everyone knows not to mix bleach and other cleaners. You can actually kill yourself. Bleach can be the best thing for mold and mildew but you must ventilate the room you're in. Can the club find an alternative cleaner..there are many non-toxic cleaners available...of course, they're normally more expensive. I imagine I'm "singing to the choir" here....

Well, the new plan involves breakfast at home with DH who is making oatmeal for us "hun:
That's a good start to my evolving day!

Rhonda

ontarget 01-05-2007 09:53 AM

rhonda, plan b sounds good but i'm sorry about the lunch/movie. can you reschedule soon? i hope so. the archery shop is run by two young guys. they probably could have cleaned that floor with soap, water, and some scrubbing. they don't clean it very often (as in almost never). they are getting ready to repaint and restripe the floor before the official league begins next week. i hope those guys are all right. we did warn them about that bleach but i don't think they listened. they have been in there (no ventilation except for folks coming in the front door) several hours a day with that smell. yesterday it wasn't as bad as it was wednesday but we still opted not to stay and shoot. when you're shooting, you're right in the middle of where they were working. most of the time they are there working, they're in adjoining rooms.

i did a stupid thing over 20 years ago and cleaned up after painting (indoors) with gas. i wound up at the doctor's office.

i hope you and kathy can get more rest tonight. i had one of those nights last week even with that mattress heater. i wound up taking a long nap the next day but it was still a couple of days before i got my "oomph" back.

i'm cooking bfast for curtis. he's just now coming in from shoveling that white stuff. have a good day, all.

ontarget 01-05-2007 02:23 PM

i'm home from the doctor's. i was down 6 lbs from when i'd last gone the end of october. in that 2+ months i lost, gained, lost, gained, and came through the end of the holidays being down that 6 lbs. i didn't get to ww as the doctor was running late. i probably would have stayed the same or been a bit up or down. i'll go wi next fri.

i'm making core homemade enchiladas. i did pour some almost ff chili on top. i hope they're good. i made curtis some "real" enchiladas.

where is everyone?

Katpo 01-05-2007 02:34 PM

I've been here off and on, to read on the other forums I visit and to check and see if anyone has been here. It's a slow day on the ol' board.

Congratulations on that loss! That is really GREAT!!

ontarget 01-05-2007 02:37 PM

thanks, kathy. my doctor is really into the archery. he kept wanting to talk about the tournaments we'd been in so far. i got him updated on the ones to come, too. he's the perfect doctor for me. i am lucky to have him.

anyone else here?

septembersgoal 01-05-2007 02:43 PM

Hey! I'm sneaking on and off to read, but I can't stay and "chat." Darn work!! :p

ontarget 01-05-2007 03:30 PM

hi there, melissa. i'm glad you're able to sneak in here. tgif, right?

Vickie 01-05-2007 03:52 PM

Hi Chicks! I'm struggling but not abandoning you guys or my program. I'm sick and I'm not sure what it is. I have to go have dinner with my two Sisters. We are meeting the out of town Sister at a restaurant at 4:30.

I had my mammogram this morning. I'm a trifle worried about it but know all I can do is go for the test. I've been reading but haven't felt up to posting. I'll definitely catch up when I can.

I know you are all doing great.

ontarget 01-05-2007 03:57 PM

:hug: vickie. i hope you find out what's going on with your body and all gets back to normal quickly.