3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Core Chat for January 1-7, 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/100825-core-chat-january-1-7-2007-a.html)

Katpo 01-05-2007 04:22 PM

Poor Vickie! I hope you feel better very soon! :hug:

Make them keep on testing until they find the answers. I think a lot of my trouble was the high cholesterol and high blood sugar. I've been on cholesterol lowering medicine many times in the past, but this time the ratio was WAY off. The bad was 170 and should be under 100. The lowest my total has ever gotten was 230 and that was while on medicine. As for the high blood sugar, I bought a glucose monitor this morning and will test every day to make sure it doesn't get too high. I'd rather avoid taking insulin but if the family history holds true, I'll probably have to.

Anyway, keep on them to test until you get answers.

Froufy 01-05-2007 04:49 PM

Vickie - hope you can resolve whatever health issues you have! Keep us posted

Kathy - I'm glad they at least discovered what part of the problem was and you now have medication to treat it! I just went for my bloodwork today (never poke a froufie in the arm with a sharp implement!) and an ECG in advance of my annual checkup on the 16th. Now need to get less 'fatter' pretty quick - I think I am up from last visit on dr's scales!

Rhonda - sorry you had a restless night? Too bad about your plans changing - are you still having warm weather? I just wore my raincoat to work today - very weird!

So go into work around 10 am starving of course - scale back to 214 which is good. I found this BRAND NEW IN THE PACKAGE 30 min richard simmons dvd which I did last night!...and today since it was so nice out I do go out for a brief (25 min?) walk. I am tired tho and need more sleep and as tomorrow is saturday I do hope to SLEEP IN!

Nothing planned for dinner or tonight as dh going jamming/drumming - too tired to cook and I am craving smoked salmon! YUM

So what are the plans for the weekend?

Frouf

Katpo 01-05-2007 06:46 PM

Okay, I'm home from work. Stopped by Walgreens to replace my test strips (expired and nobody noticed), got Judd some Zicam. It's quiet in the house -- YAY!! -- at least for a few minutes. I just heard that there was a traffic jam on the highway that he takes home, so it might be a minute.

Well, crap. He just walked in. So much for that.

Katpo 01-05-2007 06:57 PM

Okay, now. Back to business.

What's everybody doing this weekend? I decided today that I was working Sunday afternoon, so my coworker and I figured out a plan and will be there at 1 p.m. That way I can come home from the airport and sleep for a little while.

We're going to the Mongolian grill tonight. I can always be good there, since all I eat is shrimp and vegetables. I usually add pineapple to it, but pineapple is now off my food list due to the high sugar content. Sigh ... it seems like I just can't catch a break somedays.

Tejas 01-05-2007 08:16 PM

Hi All:

For some reason, I'm sleepy!

The day simply became another work day, but with great benefits as I handed off a lot of my grievance case load to the newly hired lawyers. That allows me to do more political work about why our members need to file grievances in the first place. This is all good.

I was so-so with food today, but no cookies! I'm eating a very light supper and DH says he's not hungry either.

I might have to work tomorrow for a bit, but we'll try to work in that movie. I've started reading Eats, Shoots and Leaves...hilarious!!

Rhonda

Katpo 01-06-2007 03:40 AM

Here we go again! Rhonda, are you up? :lol:

Shaun never came home in time for dinner even though he knew we were going out, so Judd and I just went to the little Mexican restaurant down the street. Then I went to bed around 8:30 but woke up at 10:00 and he still wasn't home. I dozed off and on and he got home around 1, but was on the phone with some girl in San Diego. Sigh ... I'm ready for him to leave so I don't have to know about his business. He got a thin envelope from the bank today and I'm thinking that (1) he's overdrawn and (2) he's over his minutes on his cell phone. I've asked about both and he says everything's fine. My imagination tells me otherwise.

And Judd and I are both getting colds. He's stopped up and has a sore throat. My throat is still a little sore and I have an earache and headache. If I feel bad in the morning, I won't go to Tyler which will upset my parents greatly since they won't have gotten to see Shaun on this trip home, but it can't be helped.

This insomnia is driving me nuts!

Tejas 01-06-2007 11:07 AM

Good Morning All:

Aw, poor Kathy, no sleep again. I went to bed at 10PM and didn't get out of bed until 10:15AM! I'm well rested.

I've had my yogurt for breakfast and I'm headed out for a 30 minute walk. It's going to be a slow day here...it's grey, overcast and damp but not cold at all. We'll try to get to the movies. I love to go to movies on Saturday afternoon: it's like being a kid again.

Have a great OP day everyone.

Rhonda

Froufy 01-06-2007 12:24 PM

Nothing like a saturday afternoon matinee! Gosh I remember those - back in Montreal - all the kids shouting and laughing - so much fun!

Also damp and dreary here today - looks like it's raining also!!! Oh well

sorry about the lack of sleep kathy - could it be some of the meds you are now taking? Do you guys have something called Cold-FX down there? sold over the counter at drugstores - supposedly VERY GOOD in stopping a cold before it happens!

Vickie - how are you doing today?

Well I did not sleep well - dh was up (in the corner of bedroom/sitting area) til 2 am - so I dozed on and off then 'blasted' him at 2 am when I woke up telling him it was time to shut down! Was up around 9 am - lay around a bit (packing my cruise suitcase in my head no less!), then got up told dh I was gonig down for breakfast then back up to EXERCISE so sleepyhead better get out of bed!

Made a LOVELY fresh fruit salad for me and little ds, had some decaf, read the paper - and back up to wake dh up - however I was the shocked one as he was just finishing HIS treadmill run! Good timing - but I decided to do my 30 mins richard simmons dvd - I work up a bit more sweat and feels more aerobic to me! Now I am ready to shower and get dressed and start the day!

Melissa - have you tried the turbo jam? Just saw it in the store the other day - 2 versions - looks like regular and advanced ($19,99) - let me know what you think of it!...and how hard it is.

Nothing major planned - have to go get groceries and errands and such. Maybe a movie tonight?

Later,

Frouf

ontarget 01-06-2007 01:36 PM

good morning, friends. it's snowing here. i'm still a new enough montanan that i get excited to see the white stuff. plus, i'm usually not the one who has to shovel. curtis is downstairs now vegging on the couch. he finished shoveling before bfast. what did we have? grits. how were they? his were laden with real butter/honey--mine with splenda. i still couldn't get mine all down. i don't think we'll be having them again soon. oh, well, life and learn.

kathy, i know what you mean about not wanting to know what our grown kids are doing. i'll bet our parents went through the same thing, don't you? i hope you and judd don't get down with those colds.

rhonda, a movie on a saturday afternoon brings back a lot of memories. when i was young, (prior to 3rd grade cuz the theater closed down summer of my 3rd year in school), i would walk the 2 blocks from my home in grandview to the downtown theater around noon and stay until dark. i got 25 cents a week allowance. i used that "hard earned" money to get in, buy popcorn and a coke and would sometimes lend a nickle to someone else. later movies meant going to cleburne. i always got excited cuz i got to see my then favorite cousin. (you're my favorite now. i already told him.) (he's a very close 2nd.) have fun today.

frouf, a movie tonight? you and rhonda are making me want to go to the theater. i'm wanting to see the new rocky movie on the big screen. but i want to go during the week to a matinee. people from all over western montana come here on sat nights. (am i a hermit wanting to be among the few on a weekday?)

ontarget 01-06-2007 02:02 PM

i wanted to come back here and tell ya'll something that's been happening lately. my weight hasn't really changed since we were in texas, but my body's starting to firm up. i am having a little trouble recognizing myself when i catch a glimpse in a mirror or window. i still think of myself as being about 35 pounds heavier. it's almost a shock when i see this stranger. i'm not complaining. this is a great feeling. i am wondering how long it will take for my mind to catch up. i wonder if it ever will. i know i need to work on "programming" my mind so it won't lead me to undo everything.

i heard that we shouldn't set our goals to lose a certain number of pounds. our goal should be to "weigh a certain number." looks like i need to change my tracker and sweetheart goal to reflect that. i want my mind to know that i want to weigh a certain weight. i don't want it to think that it has to have a certain number of pounds to lose. it might work things so it will have to lose over and over again. am i making sense? what are your thoughts?

Tejas 01-06-2007 06:17 PM

Hi All:

Well, it's just not meant to be that we're seeing a movie! I went to the office and DH and I met for an early dinner. We bought our movie tickets from the ATM, entered the theatre and found that the only seats were in the very front row. We complained and got our money back. We've decided to try again during the week. The movie we're trying to see is Notes on a Scandal with Judy Dench and Cate Blanchett. It is apparently extremely popular.

Sandra, I hadn't had one thought about "I want to weigh XXX" versus "I want to lose XXX" but I'm willing to give it a try. It does sound more positive somehow.

I walked for an hour today and my eating has been just OK. I did scarf two cookies at the office as if I were on "automatic." What the devil is that all about??? I just stood there and thought this is just about having something in my mouth: why not suck my thumb!!!??? :bb: That was the only transgression today (about food anyway). I ate a light dinner and will just have some yogurt later.

Rhonda

ontarget 01-06-2007 07:29 PM

rhonda, it does sound more positive, doesn't it? i got that info out of A Mental Management: With Winning in Mind. i'm giving it a go, too. i want my feeble old brain to help me all it can. :lol:

i hadn't heard of that movie. but--i hardly ever see commercials. curtis is usually in control of the remote and surfs during commercials. i hope ya'll get to see it later this week. i'm glad you got your $$ back. that would have been awfully uncomfortable and just not good at all watching from the front row. how did i do that as a kid?

i may start sucking my thumb, too. so far today's been all right. i'm going to have my popcorn while we watch the cowboys/seahawks. i haven't done any exercise at all today. i don't know if i will later or not. i've been scrapbooking. 2003 is completed!! my goal for this weekend is to finish through 2004. getting up and down from working on the floor may be enough exercise.

Katpo 01-06-2007 08:45 PM

Whew, I'm finally home! It sounds like you all have had a busy day.

Frouf, I'm with you girlfriend about that surfing in the bedroom (or watching TV) til the wee hours, especially when I'm trying to sleep! Thank goodness for my own little sanctuary upstairs or I can't imagine what sort of witch I'd be. I had to laugh at you mentally packing your suitcase. I do the same thing, making lists in my head and rearranging things. I know you're getting excited about the cruise!

Poor Rhonda! You're right -- it doesn't sound like a movie is meant to be at the time. I've never heard of that one either, but like Sandra, commercials aren't seen in my house. TiVo takes care of that ... we just speed right thru them and go on. We rarely watch live TV but when we do, Judd's flipping the channels anyway.

I like that "I want to weigh xxx" theory. It really sounds more positive, doesn't it? I think I'll try to adopt that mentality and see where it gets me.

My fasting BGL was even higher this morning. I'm not too sure what to do, but at this rate, I'll be going back to the doctor to request meds. I'll track it for a few more days before I get too worried about it.

Vickie, how are you doing today? :hug:

A big hello to the rest of you -- Angela, Melissa, Paula ... happy weekend to you all!

My dad took a picture of Shaun and it's too small. I took some too but need to download them. Maybe tomorrow. Meanwhile, here's the teeny one.

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL564.../219917441.jpg

Katpo 01-06-2007 08:51 PM

Let me try this one:

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL564.../219921921.jpg

Tejas 01-06-2007 09:14 PM

Kathy: you just gotta love a man in uniform :cool:

Well, we watched "An Unfinished Life" on DVD. It's a tear jerker :cry:

Ahem, TV's in the bedroom...big :nono: with me. But, I keep thinking that I'm too rigid about it. It might be fun to lie in bed and watch a movie ;) I absolutely hate commercials on TV, the radio, anywhere. We can't get TiVo here so I mute all the commercials. If DH records a movie with commercials, he goes back through the DVD and edits them out.

I'm going to read a book and turn in early tonight. See everyone tomorrow.

Rhonda