3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Simply Filling/Core (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core-158/)
-   -   Core Chat for January 1-7, 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/simply-filling-core/100825-core-chat-january-1-7-2007-a.html)

Vickie 01-01-2007 06:39 PM

Hey Chicks! I just finished watching WTC with Nicholas Cage. I knew I couldn't see it at the show and I was right. Sobbing interrupts other people in movie theaters. What a great movie. It wasn't sensationalized at all. It just focused on 2 Port Authority Police Officers. It's a twenty hanky film. I think we should never ever forget.

The Froufie roast is in the oven and OH MY....the smell of garlic is to die for! I have about 5 minutes before I have to go make gravy for Jim and start the corn and mash the potatoes. I'm starving! Well ok....I'm very hungry.

I'll see if I can catch up with all of you before my buzzer goes off.

Vickie 01-01-2007 06:50 PM

Angela, I'm proud of you for making good choices. Parties are SO hard. Have a great time again today celebrating Christmas. My one Sister has you beat. She's celebrating with her kids up here on the 6th! I didn't feel good at Christmastime when I was eating all the junk. I'm just starting to feel better now.

Sandra, Jim and I stayed up until 1:00! Did you nap today? It doesn't sound like you did. I didn't know your jacket was cashmere. It must be beautiful you little cutie patootie!

Rhonda, Jim and I would love to pain the town Core with you! I know what you mean about the pound a week. I very arrogantly thought that would be a breeze. I'll continue to shoot for it but I'll also try not to be down in the dumps if it doesn't happen. Did you get your power walk in? I'd hate it if my oven didn't work. I'm always telling Jim that I'm not going to spend all that time shopping, planning, and cooking if I don't have great tools and it's not going to turn out good. Luckily, he doesn't give me a hard time about replacing stuff. Have fun picking your new stove. I know your party will be a great success!

Kathy, I've never had a cashmere sweater but I'm sure they are wonderful. Maybe I'll get down to your size one day and you'll share! ;) I still have never tried tilapia but I want to. I don't remember if I ever asked you this before or not. Can I order tilapia broiled dry or with olive oil at a restaurant? Do you think dry would be awful?

Gotta go. The potatoes cooked faster than I thought and the roast will be done in about 15 minutes. I'll try to pop back in later.

Katpo 01-01-2007 06:50 PM

Sandra, you're right. I have a whole lot of the sweaters, but they're all different styles so it's not so bad. I even bought myself one after Christmas because we had that dreaded family picture made (reminds me that I didn't get ours from MIL) and everyone was supposed to wear red, black or green. I wore black last year so I figured I'd do red this time. I got it at Kohl's and it was originally $82, on sale for $35.

I guess I'm going to have to make a Froufie roast soon. We are big garlic eaters too and everybody loves roast, so it sounds like a good solution. Plus, if I make a big enough one, it would be great lunch leftovers for work.

I ended up getting lazy and making the turkey veggie chili. It's just ground turkey, onion, bell pepper (I used red), garlic, a package of frozen corn, a can of pinto beans and a can of tomatoes. Then I added a lot of garlic powder and Judd will add jalapenos to his. I just felt like a one-pot meal tonight because I'm still not done with the laundry and don't want to spend the last evening cleaning up a messy kitchen.

Lunch for tomorrow is made though; tuna salad. It's my favorite thing to take for lunch and you'd think I would be sick of it, but I'm not. I'll make my scrambled egg right before I head out the door.

Oh and the main New Years' resolution is to get to work at 7 or before. We'll see how long that lasts, huh? ;)

ontarget 01-01-2007 06:51 PM

vickie, i want to see that movie. your dinner sounds delicious. i'm getting ready to have sf/ff pudding/banana. i just finished today's exercise.

Vickie 01-01-2007 06:53 PM

Hmmmm....exercise. Guess I better start working up to that. I won't know what my ankle will handle until I try, will I?

Katpo 01-01-2007 06:54 PM

Dry wouldn't be too bad, but olive oil would really be good. I spray the pan with the olive oil Pam and then drizzle more on top. It doesn't have a fishy smell, at least not to me, and I think you'd like it. Orange roughy is another favorite that's not too fishy.

Enjoy your dinner!

ontarget 01-01-2007 06:54 PM

my jacket isn't cashmere. it's a fake fur. we took a long nap then had a late late lunch.

(i'm typing fast cuz i need to get offline.)

kathy, i love sweaters. i don't think anyone can have too many. that's a good bargain you got there. did the albertson's in burleson on i-35w close?

Katpo 01-01-2007 07:03 PM

Burleson stayed open. The four that closed yesterday were Mansfield, The Colony, Oak Cliff and North Richland Hills. I guess now if I need something, I'll have to stop in Arlington on the way home from work.

Froufy 01-01-2007 08:09 PM

HAPPY 2007!

Well last night was quite fun - ended up going out for dinner at Red Lobster - yes I splurged a bit - but instead of wine or a drink (which usually lessens my resolve) I filled up on diet coke with my broiled fisherman's feast - and ate 1 too many of those cheddar buns! Then off to the family new year's eve party - saw a juggler, magician and lots of people out skating on the rink outside. At 10 pm there was a 'countdown' and a lovely fireworks display. then home (like a 5 min ride) and watched tv til midnight and drank some champage.

The bad news was my foot - something was really hurting on bottom of right foot - not much to see - dh got the tweezers and magnifier out thinking I had a sliver - then poked and prodded at my foot for a good 15 mins - then I ended up soaking it in the tub. Of course it DID not feel much better today (have a bandaid on it now) and not sure if there is a sliver or something or it is just sore from being poked at so much?

DESPITE this I forced myself onto the treadmill tonight (wore my extra padded expensive walking socks) for 30 mins at 3.1 mph - it seemed longer than usual but I DID IT! Now having my cherries snack.

Got home from the open house party at around 6:30 pm (dh has jamming/practice tonight) but while I did nurse a couple of diet cokes - I did eat qutie a bit (even having had lunch before I left). Nothing horrendous but probably could have cut back? (little mini pitas w/tzaziki dip, a couple of cheese cubes, couple of almonds, marinated chicken breast, lots of carrots and celery sticks w/dip, some string cheese). So did not have supper when I got home and trying to stick up in the bedroom and avoid the kitchen.

And a great NSV for me - got up this morning at 11 am and realized I had to bake those cookies - so had breakfast first - drank tea while I made them and did not have a SINGLE LICK OR BITE...I think this is the key. There were several times when my fingers got dirty or a bit of cookie dough was leftover, but as long as I did not have ANY I was okay. It's that first taste (leading to a hundred other tastes) that does me in. I did have some backup chewing gum available if required.

And yes after ALL the cookies were packaged I ate the one I left out for myself to have a taste and it was good!

Dreading tomorrow and going back to work - and trying to figure out how in the heck I am going to get up and out of here when I am used to sleeping in til 10 or 11 am?

Kathy - good job on cleaning out the old clothes - I always have a 'donation' bag going and ready for when they come to pick up. Good luck at work tomorrow.

Vickie - so did you like Little Miss Sunshine - it's a bit 'unusual' as movies go. What else did you watch?

Angela - sounds like you did great with your 'feasting' - good for you.

Sandra - I can't imagine anything more lovely than sitting in a hot tub on new year's even watching the fireworks!

Rhonda - I'm with you on 'food safety' having worked in the Office of Food Safety and Recall at the Canadian food inspection agency - you want to be scared that's the place to be. Since working there my fridge has never been so 'cleaned out' - I really shudder when I see some of the food handling mistakes made by others! Always better to be safe than sorry I say!

Hope you get a new stove - sounds like you've done the old one in :D!

So some fruit packed for tomorrow, and a lean cuisine (no lo here unfortunately) prepared - will throw in some yogurt - and hope for the best. Wish me luck!

Frouf

ontarget 01-01-2007 08:35 PM

just finished watching the old movie, airplane. lots of laughs there. (real classy movie, right?) oh, well. now curtis is watching some the outdoor channel.

vickie, i did an hour total exercise today. i feel pretty good about it. tomorrow i'll go back to w a. i like that better than treadmill/exercise bike. i hope your foot is all right. be careful not to overdo it.

kathy, i'm glad the burleson store is still there. it's hard to imagine albertson's closing stores. i thought their business was booming. little do i know.

frouf, it was gorgeous last night--a little cold on the tootsies running between the tub and the house--but beautiful. we hot tub almost every night. the wind kept us inside the other evening. rain and snow will keep us in, too.

i am impressed with your 3.1 mph. i did 2.5 today and thought that was fast enough. i'm just happy my feet are holding up all right. curtis spends more time on the bike because of his knees.

i'm going to have hot chocolate in a few minutes. i may have popcorn later if there's anything good to watch on tv. if there isn't, i'll prob play soduko or do some scrapbooking. (guess which one i should do.)

aghiowa 01-01-2007 09:48 PM

Hmm, I have a roast in the freezer. Is the Froufie roast recipe on the recipe board? Maybe I'll thaw it out and make it tomorrow, along with some veggies.

We had a nice time at the in-laws today. The girls each got a backpack filled with sleeping bag, flashlight, whistle w/compass, drink bottle, and individual tent! I'm amazed it all fit in there. The tents are so cute - 4' X 4' dome tents that you can set up inside. So now we have 3 tents in our living room. I think the cats have adopted them as nice nap zones. :lol: I will have to put them away pretty soon, but they're fun for now.

Later,
Angela

Tejas 01-01-2007 11:07 PM

Hi:

Sounds like everyone had a good day.

Kathy, I hope if you get to work by 7AM it helps with the stress level. Remember that you are supposed to leave earlier also!

My meal was a success. The twice-baked ham was delicious, peas were good (sorry Sandra, you are my favorite cousin but if you forgot your black-eyed peas I won't be able to help you :D). The requested chocolate pie didn't set well because of the temperature control problems. The kitchen sink is full of dirty dishes and, as much as I hate waking up to a dirty kitchen, I gave DH the night off from dishes. He can do them tomorrow :lol:

The tents in the living room sound cute. There's nothing like kids to rearrange the use of space a little.

Frouf...good job on not eating those cookies. I got my walk in and I'm sorry to hear about your foot. Maybe soaking it in warm water with Epsom salts would take out any soreness.

I'm turning in...talk to everyone tomorrow.

Rhonda

ontarget 01-01-2007 11:19 PM

sounds like everyone had a great start to 07. ain't it grand!

Katpo 01-02-2007 08:24 AM

Good morning! My plan worked -- I got up at 5:30 when the alarm went off, left at 6:00 and got here at 6:20. Leaving at that time has another advantage in that it usually takes me 45 minutes to get to work on a regular day, but there was no traffic this morning. Part is probably because school hasn't started back yet. I guess we'll see how tomorrow goes. I can get my 10 hours in with no problem and still get to leave at 4:20 (I never take a lunch break, just eat at my desk) ... get to the store, home to make dinner and clean it up and I'll STILL have an hour or so of downtime before bed. I think it'll work!

Angela, the tents sound cute and what a great gift! I'm sure the girls (and cats) will enjoy them!

Better get cracking on it ... see you all in a little while!

Vickie 01-02-2007 08:32 AM

Good Morning Chicks! I'm up and about to go get ready to go to WW. I know there will be a large gain. I just don't know how much of it is from the TOM that has been looming for over a week. Sigh. I've been arguing with myself about not going but it really doesn't change what is true. So I'm going and I'm going to view it as my clean slate. I probably won't share what the number is since for me that is the beauty of the clean slate. I will do everything in my power not to gain any more weight.

I'll talk to you all later. I've got a million errands to run.