300 and 30

You're on Page 12 of 14
Go to
  • Well, tomorrow I leave for Dallas. I am so nervous but excited at the same time. Camdon knows something is up.

Wiggles: Well, we will be back to see them on Wed. The cool thing is that I contacted their PR people, and told them about Camdon. I am hoping that they will allow Camdon to come back stage. I have already gotten one reply from one of their people. So, keeping the fingers crossed. Camdon would just flip out. He is the 24/7 Wiggles kind of kid.

Katt, Thanks for the reply. I would love to visit you in NZ. I am going to look up info tonight. We will not be able to go for a while. James is finishing up Grad school and soon will be getting his Phd. So, I will be busy raising Camdon and hopefully another one.

That is funny about your family, because my dad is 5'5" and my mom is 5'6". Both my sisters are 5'5". Well my younger sister wears 6" heels all the time, even to cook outs. She is crazy. I wear flats most of the time. Not worth the pain.

Well, girls got to go to bed. Have a nice week.

Tanya
  • well hello ladies!! I hope everyone is doing well!! This past week has been a very weird week for me. I personally do know that I did not do well, I just was not eating and when I did I just did not care, I did not write ANYTHING down at all this week. My nerves just got the best of me. So I thought I was going to either maintain or gain this week when I weighed in sunday.....to my surprise I lost 8.6 pounds!! I have no clue as to who, what, when, where or why, but it happened that way. It has me remotivated....lol......I would not be surprised though if I gain some of that back this week since I will be eating more. We will see.

I also am going to start exercising, I was suppossed to start awhile ago, but i just have been busy. So I am going to start slow and work myself up to it.

Alrighty, well that is it for me right now. I hope everyone is doing good.
  • Hi guys!!!

I'm alive, just a little less than kicking. I don't think things have ever been so crazy for me as they are right now. I haven't forgotten you all. I love you guys, you are my rock, if only I'd visit more often.

I'm still dieting--sorta. I have;t lost any weight lately, it's been 3 weeks of high stres. I was on my lunch break just about 30 minutes ago. And I got into a car accident!!! just 30 minutes ago. Don't worry I'm ok and we the damage is minimal. I just can't stop shaking. I decided not to go back to work. I need some time to chill out, but there is no time. tomorrow I have to give my poetry reading, and trust me, this isn't helping!! I'm scared, nervous all over, and simply not ready yet.

My birthday is in 5 days, then 3 days after that I am moving to Florida. I am only going to be there for 4 months. Because my brother is handicapped and finally ready to go to school, so I am going to go with him and get him on his feet, then come home for christmas and resume my schooling. I can only take enough stuff that I can carry back with me on the plane. I am not too happy about that--living out of a suitcase for 4 months will be hard. On an upside, I will finally have time to relax. I wont be working, I am only taking 2 classes (long distance) at my university, and I am going to work my big butt off like a mad woman. ALSO, the best part is, I will get to catch up with all of you.

I will get to make my CD's I promised Nightowl years ago!! And I will get to talk to you guys all the time. Right now, I am still shaking from my car accident, I am gonna go take a bath and try to make myself chill a little.

Sorry I haven't been on in so long, I will be making a comeback soon, and you will wonder if I ever shut up!! Love you guyys, keep up the good work!!!

mwa mwa mwa
    Dusty
  • Hello all,

I am a 32 year old newbie around the 300+ mark...seems like a good spot for me.

What diet plan are you currently on?

Well, i am on counting calories. I did weight watchers before and lost 110 pounds only to get off ww and gain 90 of it back. So that is where i am now, starting over from scratch almost. I seem to be losing it slowly this time around.

What do you find motivates you the most?

Someone above had mentioned when they feel good they can stay on it and when they are having a bad day they cheat...OMG i am the same way. Especially if i wake up and weigh and havent lost or worse, gained...you would think that would be motivation but all it does is make me say to heck with it all. It is so frustrating to know that you eat 1/2 of what some average size people eat and weight twice what they do. Dr says it is my insulin resistence but gosh that sure makes it hard.

Hearing success stories and seeing pics of me when i had lost the 100 really motivates me.

What can I do to help you stay on track?

I dont think there is anything anyone can do to keep me on track...with me, it all has to come from within...either i am on my game or i am not even at the ballpark...sad sad. I never stay the same weight...i am either gaining or losing.

Well thanks for this little campsite. I look forward to being a "regular"...or even better...a maintainer, eventually.
  • Tanya: I'm sorry you felt you were being "chastized". It certainly wasn't my intention. What I was trying to point out was that even though the cookies in one serving sizes are 0 WW points, they still have calories and so we can't have say 6 servings in a day and still count them as 0.

I only brought it up because my WW leader told a story about a gal who would eat a whole carton of Fat Free Cool Whip and then come in and complained that she hadn't lost anything. When the leader looked at her journal and saw the whole carton listed over the course of the week she pointed this out to the gal who said, "well, it was 0 points per serving". My leader was just trying to point out, as I was, that when eaten in multiple servings throughout the day, or even week, the calories will mount up and you might not see the results you're looking for.

You have alot on your plate right now. I'm impressed that you are managing the stress as well as you are.
  • Just in case you didn't see the announcement above, don't forget to weigh yourself today, August 1st. Write it down somewhere, not necessarily here and then at the end of the month weigh again and report your loss. It's a SITE-WIDE weigh-in. Prizes will be randomly awarded. Don't miss out. Let's see how much EVERYONE here can lose in a month!!! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcement.php?f=124
  • Hello...I'm new to this forum area. I'm not quite 30..I'm 23. Me and my husband started a dieting program (LA Weight Loss) on July 14th and I've been looking for an online support team for myself. So, I think I finally found one. Maybe when I have the courage I'll post our picture. I hope to get to know a lot of people here
  • Hi there Mrs Kandi ... WELCOME to 3FC!! Im sure you will do well . looks like you are doing pretty good so far already! 11 pounds .. well done!

Hope we see you on the boards too .. Im a relative newbie as well .. but already I can say the support and help on here is AB FAB!!

Huggies all .. Ive done my weigh in for the August count .. so will hope that I can do well for the monthly total
  • Hey girls just wanted to post really quick. Just got back from Dallas not to long ago...Camdon will need two surgeries to currect the problem. It could eliviate his seizures, but ofcourse it is not gurenteed. They are going to confrence with the other doctors and then get back to me on the surgery date.

I said, "to the **** with it, with the dieting." I have had a lot of coffee...the fatning kind, yummy. Didn't go to much over the edge. I just hope I didnt gain to much back this week.

Welcome every body...will do a formal welcome later. Sorry ThinkThin, I have been beyound stressed out, and touchy lately.

Good news, the Wiggles contacted me and Camdon is going to get to meet them before the concert tomorrow. Just a side note, I think they are hot, but it is for my son. He is just going to flip out. I will tell you all about his reaction.

Take care...Tanya
  • No worries, Tanya. There is NOTHING worse than worrying about your child. Take care of yourself as you take care of him. He needs his mommy healthy too.
  • Hi everybody

Just wanted to say hi to the people on this thread. Tanya--I am 38 years old, I have no children of my own, and I love the Wiggles too. I will actually watch children's programming sometimes because I get so bored with whats on and the Wiggles is one of the best kids shows that I've seen. I even went to the website LOL. Anyway--I am so glad that your son is going to be able to meet them. They seem like genuinely nice people.

Good luck with his surgeries. I can't imagine having a sick child and he'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

I have to go so I can't comment on more. My bf has a wake to go to and I have to work. Have a great day.

Vicki

Good luck on the
  • Poetry reading is today, in a few hours. It's go time. I'm so stressed I can't make my hair sit down on my head. The big dilema was what to wear. I am a person who simply doesn't own nice clothing. I really don't like the idea of looking like a slob, I have always felt that, for me, dressing up nice was like putting lipstick on a pig. It just didn't matter, in the end you still have a pig. but now I am hurting for that lipstick!! I put on a nice shirt. I am not one of those girls who has large breasts as a side effect of being a large woman. No, I am blessed with the breasts of 98 pound woman who desperately wishes she could gain some weight. UHG! So most shirts made for plus size women just hang down on the front of me. It's embarressing! I have an air bra from lane Bryant...btw, they DO make you look better endowed, they also heat your chest up to a nice temperature of 108 degrees and stab you in 12 places if you attempt any crazy manuver, such as breathing, walking, bending slightly. Then the air bags move slowly all day, as if they had a mind of their own until you find them in your armpits half way through the work day. Then you run to the ladies room and adjust them in the mirror only for 3 of your skinny co workers to walk in and find you wrist deep down the neck line of your shirt. FUN! But still...my breasts look slightly larger...WHAT'S THE TRADE OFF HERE?!? This is why men suck.

Andyhow, despite that tirade (and I'm sorry) I am forced to wear my best pair of jeans as pants...my best pair being the pair I bought before losing 30 pounds. I like the occasional hoist of my pants when no one is looking, but in front of a large audience it would be a little sad. So I am just gonna have to hope and pray that the God of slap stick comedy doesn't choose me as his unwilling victim once again...i.e. Dear God, please don't make my pants fall down in front of everybody. Please? I'm asking nicely. Spare me this one embarressment. And if that does happen, grant me the ability to go into some sort of coma until everyone has left the building. ok. Thats taken care of.

So as you can all see I am a little wound but today is the last day of this godawful summer long project, and once it is done, I vote we all go out and get drunk on nasty tasting low carb alcohol. Actually no, the skinny women in those commercials piss me off. Let's just eat slices of cucumbers and tiny carrot sticks and celery (Natures floss--ew) and pretend we love it!! Ok it's a date.

Tanya, Oh my God!! Meeting the wiggles!! Cammy is gonna flip!! I can't wait to hear his reaction. How FUN! You are the best mommy ever.

Kandi, I am doing L.A. weight loss as well! Now that I am back on here, feel free to contact me or talk or anything! To be honest, I don't really care for the L.A. Weight loss board here. Everyone there is super nice, but I didn't feel as good about them as I do with these ladies. Now this group is great, they understand me (and tolerate my rants!!) So Welcome and P.S. I am 23 too, or I will be in 4 days!

Get n Healthy, WELCOME! Wow you did it once before you can do it again. Losing 110 pounds is REALLY impressive. Also I know how you feel. No matter what anyone does, I'm the only one who can motivate me. But having these guys on here really helps so I do hope you will stay and be regular. Like I was saying, I'm much like you, it's all about how I am feeling at the time. Though when I have a bad day I don't eat....actually when I got in my car accident I had mcDonalds....OH MY GOD I DO DO THAT! shucks. Ok we're all in the same boat...a boat that is surrounded by scary sharks (stupid Shark week on discovery) and giant electric eels...so no one do anything stupid (like I did), and we'll get ourselves to shore!!!

Sweetbaby, 8.6 pounds!! holy moly! Hmmm can I join your specialized eat bad, don't keep a journal diet program.....honestly you'll be a billionaire!! hehe good job, I love those kind of weeks! Though they are inexplicable.

NightKatt, I don't beleive we've met! Nice to meet you!!

Ok guys back to the bump and grind,
    Dusty
  • Tanya - Great to see you back hun .. and the guys in the Wiggles are lovely ... very friendly and caring .. definitely some of the good guys .. Im sure Camden will be absolutely stoked to meet them too!

Dusty - Lovely to meet you too ... I must say you put a smile on my dial today reading your post ... Hopefully the god of slap stick (who must be a man in your case) doesnt misbehave for you. I want men to wear heels and bras as they created the darn things .. definitely want my top part to shrink so I never have to wear a bra with a wire again ... livin in hope that they will go down that much .. but one is entitled to hope occasionally lol .. as for heels .. never ... I scared of heights and I hate looking down from 5'9.5" without adding any more inches (not to mention Im a real clutz with minimal balance as it is .. lol .. so medically for the sake of my bones I wont wear em anyway lol).. Hopefully I will see you on the board some more ... I think your attitude is fab!
  • OK the poetry thing is OVER! woooowoooo!! It feels like someone just lifted a ton of bricks off my shoulders (I should probably go weigh in now..)

Also it went swimmingly. Everyone really loved the presentation and I got lots of laughs! I couldn't not have asked for a better reading!

Also there is talk of a position opening up in my office that would be a real job, not a student job and the pay starts at 50k a year. *falls over* I am buzzing about that right now! However, the chances of me getting it is slim to bupkis, because I am sure a young, already established professor is going to jump in and snatch it from me. oh well I will cross as many fingers as I can!

Dusty
  • Oh and I forgot to say HI VICKI!!!

Dusty