December 2021 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 10 of 19
Go to
  • Good morning
    Terri-yes I have moose! They have come right through my yard and I have had several encounters while walking my dog down the road in early morning hours. I don't take my dog out to get the cameras because it is ticky and I don't want him to meet a skunk, porcupine, or coyote. I do carry bear spray, but I make a bit of noise and have never run into any of the animals I get on camera except for squirrels.

Diana-I love your menus and at first glance it seemed like a lot of calories, but then you are maintaining and I am guessing you get in a lot of exercise. you are an inspiration

yangster-I would not want to be back in the office under those circumstances. I would call 211 and ask what the protocol is for that situation. No sense in taking chances. I am vaccinated and have gotten my booster but i still wear a mask whenever in a store or building with other people.

My big plans for the day are taking 2 twin bed frames to my daughter in Massachusetts, when you are the only one in the family with a full size pickup you make a lot of deliveries. She is only 30 minutes away so it isn't a long drive.

I am down another lb, so 7 lbs in 9 days, when I was younger I could lose twice that on Atkins in that time, but I am happy for the loss. i use the ketone test strips because I like the confirmation that I am doing everything right. Been testing with trace ketones, but at 2 am, I tested again-I was dark purple, go figure. Happy camper here, I am not hungry at all on Atkins so has been easy to add intermittant fasting. I eat my first meal between 11 and 1, and my last one between 4 and 6.
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Gone Astray I have really struggled in the last year and half. I have had a source of anxiety that has triggered me to start binging. I am doing a lot better with that right now. My higher calorie sources have been coming from protein so there hasn't been as much of a negative impact and I am maintaining. So, for me right now, that's a positive.

Steps from yesterday: 11,025

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

Luke 1:49
    'For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.'

Carolyn felt good about herself. She was in her own apartment, working full-time at a job she loved, and she was looking better than ever before. God had been so good to her. She was afraid when she first set out on her own, but she knew He was looking after her. With God on her side, she felt she could accomplish anything. God had set her feet on a good road, and she was going to try her hardest to stick to it. She wanted everyone to know what God had done for her, and she planned to do nothing that would allow anyone to doubt. The power of God shone brightly through her life, and she was glad.

Today's thought: I want my diet to be a sign of God's grace!
  • Good morning again! Yangtzer, if I were you, I’d definitely do what Gone Astray said. It’s not a safe work environment. Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 😁🌲🎅🏻😷🤶❤️☃️
  • Good day to everyone
    WI same ole same ole
    WO had to workout from home the past 2 days the roads have been icy and I have to go down a long, long hill with a stop light at the bottom

yangtzer, I hope you don't have covid please monitor yourself and try to distance

We are heading up to Seattle to see the in-laws who are in their 90's. My FIL fell last night and we are not sure what is going on. We know that both of them are at home. Please keep us in your prayers.
  • Good afternoon! Fell asleep in front of the tv this afternoon. I decided last week that there would be too much today so didn’t take the bus to a nearby community this afternoon. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. 😁🤶❤️🎅🏻🌲🌲☃️😷
  • Thank you all for your replies. I feel better today. I called in sick this morning and got a covid test. Fingers crossed. Also I just got my 8K steps done.

nancy..please drive slowly. You’re in my thoughts and prayers.

ciecie..how often do your bus run? My bus from here to New York City runs every hour.

Gone Astray..congrats on 7 lbs! How was the trip to MA? Do you eat a lot of fat on Atkins? I’m on a low fat, high protein diet.

Diana..my higher calorie sources are carbs. Protein is way better .lol. what protein do you normally binge?

Teri..good job getting the exercise done. what’s your favorite style to swim?

Rachel..the treats are your reward of keeping on track during the week. Do you play on the original scrabble boards with wood tiles?
  • Good night! Yangtzer, the bus runs that I take from Mayville to Jamestown/Lakewood leave Mayville at 7:30 and 9:30 in the morning, 12:15 in the afternoon. The return runs leave Jamestown/Lakewood between 11:15 and 11:30 in the morning, 3:15 and 3:30 in the afternoon, and 4:30 and 4:45 in the evening. That’s Monday through Friday. There’s no weekend run. Went for a brief power walk and ran errands before supper. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 😁❤️☃️😷🌲☃️🎅🏻🤶
  • yangtzer I am making a huge effort not to binge. But, I have been eating protein bars and it has helped me to feel full. Days that I have felt like I was going to binge I might drink a glass of water, eat a protein bar, drink another glass of water, eat another bar. I am really full after that and the calories are 500-600. That's a lot better than a normal binge.
  • Nancy Praying for that situation with your FIL.
  • Hi Everyone!

I didn't binge but I got into some mixed nuts. It's always something.

Total Approx 2420 calories +

Breakfast ( 310 calories & )
    Frittata
    spritz olive oil in pan
    2 large eggs 140 calories
    veggies 60
    14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
    juice equivalent to 60 calories
    coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (560 Calories)
    2 protein bars 560 calories

Dinner ( 1550 Calories)
    Steak 350 calories
    sweet potato 250 calories
    salad w/BHF's ranch 200 calories
    mixed nuts 750 calories

Exercise:
    30 minute walk

Have a Blessed evening!
  • Nancylmrn, I’m also praying for your fil. Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. 🤶😁❤️☃️🌲🤶😷
  • Good morning

We got some snow last night, turned into ice, but then all has melted this am.

I am pleased with yesterdays food and more than that is how I am feeling. Being in control puts me in a much better frame of mind and i really need that.

Yanzter- trip to Ma was easy, I am in SW NH and my daughter lives just over the border in Western Ma so only a 40 minute drive on back roads. We drove down to Kringle Kandle to get a gift but they are only open Friday through Sunday, so I will go down again tomorrow. I got home and had breakfast around 1:30, egg beaters and bacon. I wasn't hungry for a real dinner so i had a small salad, and a half cup of keto ice cream. I don't do the super high fat, big thing is keeping my carbs under 20 grams a day. I find I am not hungry so this can be very easy.

Diana, in the past I have battled with binging, and once I have screwed up I often say what the heck and just go completely off the rails. I am trying so hard not to repeat, so I weigh daily and log it in my fitbit account as well as my food. Carbs for me is opening up Pandora's Box, if I let myself get into bread or pasta, I am out of control. I can live without the bread, as I don't have it in the house.

My big challenge will be staying on my food plan during holidays at my boyfriend's house and going to his relatives for at least 2 meals. I bought and packaged up snacks that are 2 gr of carbs( macadamia nuts, and beef jerky) I also bought 3 boxes of Atkins bars that are 3-4 grams each. My plan is to stick to my current first meal of eggs and bacon or chicken sausage. Dinner I will have whatever protein we cook with a side of a small salad or allowable veggies. I might try to pick up the keto ice cream there so I will have a treat.
    I still need to get an exercise schedule. I usually get in 5k steps but I really should be doing weights and sit ups!

Plan for the day is to get my house ready for our Xmas dinner and gift exchange with my daughter on Sunday.
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Gone Astray Unfortunately, I can relate to that behavior. I also don't keep certain foods in the house or limit them.

Steps from yesterday: 8,362

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

December 16

Psalms 68:19
    Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.

Doris stood at the window, watching the first heavy snow cover everything outside with a blanket of white. She sipped a cup of tea and reflected on the year quickly fleeting. So many good things had happened. Certainly there had been bad, too, but mostly it was good. She couldn't imagine why she was so blessed as to have so many things going her way. The Lord had looked kindly on her this year. She had never felt so healthy and good. The year had seen weight loss every month. She finally was beginning to look like she'd always dreamed she could. The Lord could take credit for that, too. There was no way Doris could have done so well if God hadn't strengthened her.

Today's thought: I gladly receive all the benefits the Lord has to give, as long as they're not fattening!
  • Good evening! Did 2 miles Leslie Sansone before I left for work this morning. Power walked and ran errands before I punched in. Had a busy day at work today. ❤️🤶☃️🌲🎅🏻😷
  • hello all
    WI down .2 it's a struggle
    WO my usual 35 min or so on the treadmill then about 20 min strength training. Today on the treadmill I was watching the distance more than the timer. I would walk briskly for .10 mile then jog for .25 miles so it was averaging 2 min on high and 3 min low I would say...well actually there would be more on high

Ok so FIL....sheesh, 911 was called and refused to go. DH finally reached in mom yesterday as we stopped for gas on our way up to Seattle. She stated they were fine, had enough food etc. So we turned around and went back home. He is up doing his normal thing yesterday afternoon and today. There is so much dysfunctional dynamics in that household it would scare the average person. There are 3 other adults that live on the property and none see fit to communicate with others. Two of the three don't even own a cell phone. I just throw my hands in the air.

Thank you for your support, this will be a trying week or two

Gone Astray I think we all can relate to certain foods in the house as triggers. It is so hard to stay focused when others around you don't have the same temptations. I struggle as well, but you seem to be on the ball and proactive
    Yangzter what was the results of your covid test?

Diana, Rachel, Teri, Ciecie thinking of you!