December Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 9 of 29
Go to
  • Welcome, Virginiabelle! And added 4 lbs to the goal for envelope who has already almost met the original goal!

Jacqui_D: 6 lbs
    darius: 10 lbs
    Lilbert: 8 lbs
    Rhiko: 1 kg
    kelijpa: 3.9 lbs
    Sum38: 4 lbs
    therecoveringfatchick: 10 lbs
    Big_Fat_Rooster: 12 lbs
    mothermavis: 8 lbs
    envelope: 9 lbs
    stilettolife: 4 lbs
    Turtle11: 5 lbs
    Jamiemae: 10 lbs
    cincorn: 6 lbs
    pnkrckpixikat: stay on plan more
    Skinnygirldreams: 8 lbs
    183StGB: 1.5 kgs
    gardenerjoy: 1 kg
    Beans_Louise: 8 lbs
    thediaryofintrovert: 4 kgs
    boatingmommy: 5 lbs
    Rsadler126: 5 lbs
    Prepfor40: 10 lbs
    nlauah: 4 kgs
    watchoutforthatcar: 12.2lbs
    Minneey: 6 lbs
    sweetkell05: 10 lbs
    NightAngel26: 9 lbs
    Leeh: 2 kgs
    marymo: 4 lbs
    SouthernBell02: 6.7 lbs
    Lyn77: 6 lbs
    Virginiabelle: 5 lbs
  • Still in the wrong direction, still mostly water weight, I think. I'm not too worried yet.

SW: 76 kgs
    CW: 76.35 kgs (+0.15 in kgs)
    GW: 75 kgs
  • Hey all, we are in Austin for the weekend so I haven't weighed and probably won't till monday. I've been doing ok eating while out of town. ordering things that sound as if they SHOULD be low carb. since I dont have nutritional guides I cant be certain but I'm ordering meats, veggies and egg based dishes. I did eat a few bites of my friends pumpkin pancakes though. hubby wants to order chinese tonight though so idk how I'll do

lyn - yup thats the Torani syrups I use. I get them at world market but you can order them online. I might start doing that too cause World Market has been starting to not have the sf ones I like available half the time.

183- hooray for being out of classes til jan! I have another 10 days. And I am SURE i looked funny eating everything off the crust, but it tasted good and I was at home so no strangers to stare at me lol

Keep up the great work everyone!!!!
  • confession:
    just ate a ton of lasagna...and not old school lasagna, super loaded lasagna.... it's a weakness... will definitely have gained tomorrow
  • I had a much better week this week then the last one. Ate mostly OP and saw the results I needed to help me mentally. I still didn't exercise but I feel ok about it. I will get back to it eventually but probably not till the new year. Thanks to everyone that helped me through that rough patch and I hope that if EVER any of you feel that way then I can be there to help y'all through it too.

SW:232.7
    CW:230.4(-2.3)
    GW:226
  • yesterday's weigh-in: 77,6kg (171lbs)
    yesterday's calories: 1500
    yesterday's exercise: 70min run (9km)
    today's weigh-in: 77,7kg (171.3lbs)
    change: +0,1kg (+0,3lbs)

Good morning you guys

my friend had to cancel our cookie baking session yesterday She had a legit reason so I wasn't upset. Also, kept me from temptation, haha
    Anyways, school and semester times are different in Germany, so I really only took this one exam for midterm. It's more important than the others, that's why I was stressing about it. Now I get to go back to my regular studies, with finals at the end of February. But it's a long time till then
    Does everybody have their Christmas gifts yet? I'm pretty much done with all of it - except for my younger cousin. He's 11. Anyone have a good idea? He already has everything, and candy is kinda lame. I was thinking some kind of joke article, but I'm not sure if my aunt would appreciate it too much :P I'll have a look around amazon later today.

NightAngel26 woohoo on the 2lbs!! Are you also in school? Also, thanks for writing those nice personals for everyone! Very encouraging.

Virginiabelle

kelijpa I'm not too great at meeting goals, but I have set mine realistically this month. I hope to reach it before 12/24, or hopefully below it. I won't count over the Christmas holidays and couple other occasions, so the lower my goal, the more realistic for me to reach it.

Lyn77 nice to read you've been good Don't worry about the scale. When you stick to plan, it'll ultimately go down... doesn't always make sense though

pnkrckpixikat I wish I was out of classes We only started October 20 over here, so not even halfway through ... but I'm taking the next 2 weeks before Christmas slow (shouldn't overdo things ).

Have a great day everyone!!
  • SW (Nov 30) 150
    GW 145

Dec 1: 150.6
    Dec 2: 150.4
    Dec 3: 151.2
    Dec 4: 152.0
    Dec 5: 152.8
    Dec 6: 151.0
    Dec 7: 151.6
    Dec 8: 152.0
  • 11/30: 155.6
    12/01: 155.6
    12/02: 155.4
    12/03: 155.4
    12/04: 155.2
    12/05: 155.2
    12/06: 155.8
    12/07: 156.2
    12/08: 155.2
  • Good morning! still out of town so I don't have a weigh in today again. I am headed back in a couple hours so I should weigh in in the morning. I'm kinda apprehensive about it cause I have been eating out for a few days now so sodium is an issue and the fact my carbs are higher than they should be is a second issue. I still haven't ordered anything that is obviously carb heavy but cooks can be sneaky! lol

night angel drink lots of water today, i'm sure whatever you are up will fall off soon

southern Congrats on doing better and keep up the awesome work!

183 ahhhh well hooray midterms are over at least? lol
  • stuff...
    hey thanks for the advice, yeah I should keep more water on hand, I don't drink our tap water, something is wrong with it. We have a well, but there's too much of something or something that shouldn't be there...it smells bad and tastes bad and is hard to take even with added flavoring or sugar. It is ok if it's been boiled though...

I was in school, I'm done as of this past September...been going 7 years for a 4 year Bachelors so I'm really done...just brunt out on papers...all set.... but I still need to pay off a class before I can graduate so prob for tax season I will...

Well even though I think I ate my weight in lasagna... it didn't hurt too bad...yay!...

also going to pay off my gym membership this week....will at least get to swim once in a while...

12/1- 268
    12/2- 268
    12/3- 268
    12/4- 267
    12/5- 264
    12/6- 266
    12/7- 264
    12/8-265-not bad for eating a ton of lasagna
    12/9-
    12/10-
    12/11-
    12/12-
    12/13-
    12/14-
    12/15-
  • Updated goal for kelijpa.

Jacqui_D: 6 lbs
    darius: 10 lbs
    Lilbert: 8 lbs
    Rhiko: 1 kg
    kelijpa: 6.8 lbs
    Sum38: 4 lbs
    therecoveringfatchick: 10 lbs
    Big_Fat_Rooster: 12 lbs
    mothermavis: 8 lbs
    envelope: 9 lbs
    stilettolife: 4 lbs
    Turtle11: 5 lbs
    Jamiemae: 10 lbs
    cincorn: 6 lbs
    pnkrckpixikat: stay on plan more
    Skinnygirldreams: 8 lbs
    183StGB: 1.5 kgs
    gardenerjoy: 1 kg
    Beans_Louise: 8 lbs
    thediaryofintrovert: 4 kgs
    boatingmommy: 5 lbs
    Rsadler126: 5 lbs
    Prepfor40: 10 lbs
    nlauah: 4 kgs
    watchoutforthatcar: 12.2lbs
    Minneey: 6 lbs
    sweetkell05: 10 lbs
    NightAngel26: 9 lbs
    Leeh: 2 kgs
    marymo: 4 lbs
    SouthernBell02: 6.7 lbs
    Lyn77: 6 lbs
    Virginiabelle: 5 lbs
  • Turned it around. Now, let's keep this going!

SW: 76 kgs
    CW: 76.0 kgs (-0.35 in kgs)
    GW: 75 kgs

183StGB: I'm a librarian, so I always buy books for kids. In the US, I might go with Rick Riordan's series of books called The Olympians (it begins with The Lightning Thief) or Wonder by R.J. Palacio or, for a classic choice, A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle.
  • GardenerJoy I'd like to change my goal to 157, that would be 6.8 pounds from my start weight. I think I made my goal too easy, after not meeting last month. Keli

Thanks everyone for the positive vibes and encouragement I really appreciate it!

Happy December!
    My goal is to lose 6.8 pounds and get solidly into the 150s!

Dec 1 - 163.8
    Dec 2 - 162.6
    Dec 3 - 161.6
    Dec 4 - 159.8
    Dec 5 - 159.1
    Dec 6 - 159.0 weekly WI
    Dec 7 - 158.8
    Dec 8 - 157.6

Dec 31 - 157
  • NightAngel oh lasagna...how I love thee...

183 it's hard to know sometimes what is a realistic goal, I would never think there would be such an opportunity to stay OP in Dec. 70 min. Run is great, one thing I haven't gotten a chance to do lately is run (jog, my speed) hope when I get back to it I will not have lost too much stamina. Still formulating my list for Xmas, not too much procrastinating here, I find I do better under pressure, haha, I did buy 1 gift for my FIL...so there's that.

We did have McD's today, I know, I know, bacon habanero quarter pounder 610 calories, that's half my day's...anyway, took little dog out for a little hike, 1.7 miles and planning on doing the bike so shouldn't be too awful.
  • nightangel I find I have my most up day the second day after I eat badly. my body retains like ALL the liquid I take in the day after and it shows the second day. so if you bump up more tomorrow don't worry it'll come back off p.s. hooray for swimming lol

kelijpa as long as you keep the calories low the rest of the day it'll be fine! just don't be too surprised if you see a sodium bump

I haven't started shopping either. I have a couple things picked out for family, I just need to go pick them up and figure out everyone else.