April binge-free challenge: keep it under control!

You're on Page 11 of 13
Go to
  • Quote: WOW today was tough! i ate a lot at dinner and borderline overate, but did not let it spin me into an all out binge, i made a tea in my room and decided i would eat NOTHING more tonight! day 5, one day at a time. tomorrow and sunday are going to be hard, but i think about this forum and it helps me!
    Alisa, You motivate me because I'm almost the same weight that you started at and have almost the same goal and you are almost there! I'm going to follow you closely over the next few weeks. Nice to meet you!

-Amy
  • Quote: Jalsa- you go girl. Can't wait to get 10 days binge-free behind me.

Aislapearl- I always cheat with logging my food, I never want to log when I overheat, even by like ten calories, but I'm climbing back on the wagon and one of my big goals this time is to be accountable to me, because when I'm thorough, I feel like I'm more in control. And calorie counting is a great plan! I'm also committing to log everything I eat, every morsel. We can do it, that's the easy part good luck!

Omgosh so day 3! I'm off to a great start, even though today is stressful- a term paper due today on A Tale of Two Cities and an oral exam in French tomorrow. But then it's the weekend! I've planned my food ahead for a couple of days (I'm actually getting kind of obsessive about it, it helps me with my cravings to plan out whatever I'm craving for the next day or day after that.) and I've planned a high day for tomorrow (1700) and then a low day (1400) and then a cheat day (2000), and after that back to 1500. I've found that cycling helps my body not to plateau, and it adds variety to my day. I kind of go lower some days so that I can go higher other days and eat less "diet foods" and instead, small portions of higher calorie stuff I love. This way, I don't feel deprived, and am less likely to binge! It's working so far. Does anyone else calorie cycle?
    Stay strong ladies!
    That is so motivating! I never log my binges either, I can't bring myself to see how many calories I took in. That's it, I am DONE doing that and logged the robin's eggs I binged on earlier left over from Easter. I feel more impowered already. It's like if you don't log it you are tricking yourself that it didn't happen. That's my first step today and the rest of the month, binge free! Day 1 is tomorrow.
  • Just finished up day 16... A few close-binges and urges, but I've been doing soo well!
  • Keep up the good work everyone! We're getting close to the end of them month. I'd really like to stay at 2 binges this month, that'll be the best I've done in a whole! I'm DETERMINED to make it!

I got some free whitening trays from the dentist for being a new patient- and started using them tonight- nothing can save you from a binge like whitening trays that have to stay in for 2 hours! ;-) totally multi-purpose! It's great!
  • I almost binged today, but I didn't. I don't usually treat myself to ice cream at the grocery store, but Trader Joe's had some great looking soy ice cream that was beckoning. Instead of measuring it and putting it in a bowl I ate it out of the carton (I'm single and live alone, so I can be a slob like that). I was about to go into pig-out mode because it was very tasty and it's that time of the month. But I thought about how I would be upset at myself afterwards and not feel very good. I guesstimated when to stop (two servings) and put it away. I feel good, not stuffed, and definitely in control!
  • i also stuggle so bad if I'm around food so I keep healthy foods only in the house .Some of my co -workers are trying to lose weight too so we encourage each other to eat right.I stay away from food events too .I will probably go to my friend's furnal but not stay for the reception and being around all the food
  • It's only 6 days now to the end of the month, I have one binge behind me but that's not too bad - it used to be daily.

For me stress and tiredness appear to be my main causes of bingeing - so i really am trying to control them - this is about putting me first - let's face it if I had a sprained ankle - it's foolhardy to sign up for the next race so why do I not also avoid all the stressful situations ?
  • I'm reading these boards right now like crazy because this mid morning time is a danger zone. I'm on Medifast right now so I am drinking my Medifast Shake but it leaves me hungry and wanting to dig into candy. Maybe I just need to distract myself. Today is day 1, you would think I wouldn't struggle in the first few hours but I already am. I have swarn off the Food Network for now. It just makes me want to eat something because everything looks so good on there. Hanging in on day 1.
  • Quote: Hey everyone... I've been poking around this forum for a while but haven't joined until just now. I figured it was a good time to finally pipe up and say hello.

My goal is to make it through the next few months on my normal clean diet and just go back to enjoying everything in moderation on special occasions (like my best friend's wedding in June and mine in July). I'm hoping you ladies can help me with that!
    JossFit, I'm a week and a half late on this post, but everything you wrote really hit home with me and I have done the same things - rushing a boyfriend out my door so I can binge, stopping at a bunch of stores to binge, stuff like that.

I did want to ask, since you are quite plugged in to the bodybuilding world - that sort of thing is fairly common among bodybuilders and fitness folks with very low body fat, isn't it?
  • I've been binge free since 3/9 so that whould bei think 47 days
  • mrslosingit- awesome!!!

Today turned into a treat day. I had a lot of pent-up cooking-desires, and I let that all out today. I made chocolate smoothie, a tangy peanut butter dressing, lo mein, quinoa-bean dish, chickpeas, and... I think that's it. So I had bites here and there, but I did so well from not binging!
    The smoothie for instance (which is kind of like pudding), I said I could have 4 spoonfuls, and instead I had 3. So, I'd say I ate at maintenence today. All in all, it was a great day!
  • I'm back at it and I'm 2 days binge free now.
  • Day 1, A LOT of stress today. Lost my dog for an hour and broke down. I was a complete mess - BUT, no binging for me. And she came home. Sigh. Biggest hugs she has gotten in a bit. Swam for an hour and ate healthy food after. Made great choices to replace some of those calories. So feeling good, stronger. I made it. You guys, even though I don't know you yet, helped more than you know. I stuck to the boards and was just increadibly inspired. I feel empowered already. Know that your ups and downs kept me up today. I can do this.
  • I made it through the last few days so I've now been binge free for 8 days- I'm trying to get focused now on exercise, it seems to prevent the bingeing - not long now till May
  • Day 2 and first way in since two weeks ago AND lost 11 pounds! I was hoping for 1-2 and I lost 11! Aparently I'm doing something right. That is SO motivating.