Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 1/20-1/26

You're on Page 10 of 11
Go to
View Poll Results: What is your favorite color (or the hue closest to it)?
White
0%
Yellow
11.11%
Orange
2.22%
Red
8.89%
Pink
4.44%
Blue
22.22%
Purple
26.67%
Green
17.78%
Brown
0%
Tan
0%
Gray
0%
Black
6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thanks for all the prayers! Boogie does NOT have to be cathed. They think his body will adjust to the high pressures,etc. So very good news. I am thankful that I pay attention to what the docs do and I was able to "catch" the liver being enlarged. Alot of people on my heart support groups didn't know about that-now they do. My eating has been terrible since Wed. But I'm back on track today. I stepped on the scales this morning expecting the worse and it read 212- I think I lost a pound. I'm still up 2 from my low. BTW- HUBBY MAKES ME SICK!!! He decided he wanted to loose some weight and he's only done SB about "halfway" this week and lost 7 pounds!! He still drinks his cokes and eats chips with his lunch. But he started eating salads and fruit and he gets a legal supper prepared by me. I'm soo jealous. That was my incentative to get on track today,lol. I can't be gaining while he's losing like that! I know I can't touch his weight loss, but I'm going to aim for 2-3 pds. a week. MOM2MARSH- yes, I know about CHOP being #1 and they are also the #1 hospital in pediatric cardiology. I wish I lived closer also- I live 1100 miles away! We live in Mississippi and actually drove this last time to Philly. The other 2 times were by plane. - WTG- on 24 lbs! That's awesome. Maybe you could post a couple of your daily menu's to inspire me?
  • Hi Everyone! Sorry I have been MIA but it was my long work week & a very stressful one I might add. SOOOO glad this week is over. Have the week end off & I decided to sleep in this am, as DH was off to a class from 10a-1p & he left around 8am.

Too many posts to read & catch up with, so thought I'd just say hi to all. Eating OP. Scale is moving down, but not fast enough for me. I am holding under 140 but that's still about 7 lbs above my lowest. I need to start exercising again but it's just tooo cold to get out there & walk. Was 20 here yesterday am as I left for work. BURRRR

See ya!
  • Just a quickie to let you all know that Tutor Training was AWESOME today. I had such a wonderful group of people. They all seemed eager and ready to start volunteering. All the changes seemed to work okay. The timing was pretty good. And I got great marks on the evaluations. Thanks to all of you for your words of encouragement and for those good thoughts and prayers you sent my way. They worked!!!

If I can get Paul out of the recliner, we are on our way out to dinner. I think I just heard him snoring, so plans may change.

Catch you later. I'll do replies later tonight of tomorrow morning.
    Hugs to you all,
    Kim
  • Oh and I almost forgot . . . I successfully shunned all the illegal treats at the refreshment table. Who knew? It feels good to be back in the land of the living (and eating good). I hope by the time I return to the doctor's next Friday, my weight will have gone down at least one pound. Keeping my fingers crossed, but not resting everything on that.
    Kim
  • Hey All

The house is mine, all mine, waaaahhhhhhaaaaaahhhhaaaaa! The kids father just picked them up to take them out to dinner, ELI is teaching a class and won't be home til sometime tomorrow and me, I've got no one standing over me asking me for the computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Though, I do feel bad about ELI, he worked 17 hours yesterday, woke up at 3am and was at work by 4am this morning, came in to find a flood in the store from some back-up, worked all day trying to get that mess fixed, had to teach a class tonight until 9pm, has to stay at the store from 1am-5am to have these guys come undo the clog and then has inventory tomorrow night. This means, he'll be up straight more than 24 hours! He's suppose to be off day time tomorrow, but with all this crap going on, he'll be sleeping whatever time he has off. So, even though I'm happy about being alone at this moment, I have to admit, I do wish I wasn't.

Went to some garage sales today. MICHAEL told me he needed me to find him a wheelchair to use for his tripod to make it a rolling tripod when he does filming. Well, he got a wheelchair and it cost a whole dollar! BUT, as good as that sounds, my DS was QUEEN of the garage sale today. She got a RAINBOW VACUUM CLEANER for $5.00 with ALL the attachments. Now, if you know what a Rainbow is, then you KNOW it's a steal beyond steals, if not, new Rainbows will cost you over $1600, maybe even more now. Granted, her new one is an older model, but works great. I have one as well, have had 2, both came from garage sales, and her first one came from a garage sale as well and just needs a new cord on it. She found MICHAEL another guitar so I told her to buy it, sight unseen-it's gorgeous, wonderful condition and sounds great, $15! Even found LAUREN a pair of brass TRAGEDY & COMEDY masks for her wall for $1. A few other items, in all, not a bad day

Went to my sister's house tonight for dinner. My BIL cooks some mean food out on his huge barrel grill. Unfortunately, right now, it's coming back up a little at a time. Mid-cycle barfing, I'm use to it!

BTW, the 2 kids left last night around 1:30-2:00am! Can you imagine! Lauren says she thinks the mother must of fell asleep.

Anyhow, enough of my jabbering, I better get some replies in here before I have someone knocking at the door telling me their home and wants to go on the computer!

MARSH, CONGRATS on being down 2lbs this week! WTG! You're doing great since starting SB!!! Do keep threatening DH about moving, it sure would be nice to have another SB person in my area! I sure wouldn't mind!! Though, as it was yesterday, Miami may not be as warm as you wanted, you may have to go even further south!

LIN, geez, why didn't I think about that? I wouldn't have to worry about kids coming over if I just would cook for them! No, stupid me, I get them pizza! Junk food! Stuff they love, no wonder they want to come here!!! I'm sure Steven will make friends soon, they all do! The price you paid for agave is quite good considering the prices I've seen lately. Please let me know what you think about the cheesecake once you make it. Just remember, don't be like me, portion control!!!!

JACKK, good talking with you today. Thanks for being patient as I skimmed the ads of the hotels. Did you get in touch with any, and if so, any good rates? Ummm, geez, I don't remember having to go to the bathroom after zipping up those jeans so long ago, I think I held it in til I got home to take them off! Maybe that's where my bladder control came from!!!! LOL!!! Thanks for the FF's, I'd seen them before, but always love re-reading anything that will give me a good laugh!

ACW, I hope come Friday and your bday that you'll have a great ME day! I hope DH plans something nice for you for your special day. JOK N AL is absolutely delicious! I love their strawberry & raspberry jams. It's been hard for me to find it here anymore, unfortunately. Here's the website:

http://www.joknal.com/

DAWN, OMG, you got the agave sooo cheap, esp. by todays prices. Even before the increase, that's cheaper than what I could find it for! If the bottle is 8oz, consider yourself getting a great bargain. If/when we get up to MD, you'll have to re-tell me about the places up your way. Some women love going to the mall, me, just take me to health food stores and of course, TJ'S!!!!

BOB, glad to chat with you for a bit today, though sorry to hear you're not feeling any better. Let us know what the Dr. says when you go back. Did you make it over to Walgreens? Any problems? You know what I mean!

LINDARN, first off, don't give up hope. I was on fertility drugs many moons ago and though I was able to get pregnant while on them, I kept on having miscarriges. I decided to finally give my self a break and went off the clomid and pergonal and a few months later, viola, I was preg. with Michael. Had him and 17 months later Lauren arrived! Anyhow, to answer your question, even though you are putting the weigh loss on the back burner you still want to eat healthy and I would say to not eat the sf stuff. PLUS, you have to realize that even though these meds may make you gain weight, it's not fat you are gaining AND when you do go off of them, not only will this non-fat weight leave you, so will other pounds as well. You may not see all the benefits of eating this WOE at this moment, but you sure will come the future. If you just HAVE to have something try to pick the best alternatives.

MONET, how are you feeling these days? Just wanted to send you a howdy! Cute FF, thanks for sharing!

BARB, WELCOME TO THE SB BOARDS I can't truly comment on your question as I've never been a true Atkins believer. How long ago did you do Atkins where it worked for you? Are you sure you're eating enough? I find on this WOE as well as many others, people just don't eat enough, which is just as bad as over eating. I believe SB is a better WOE all around. It doesn't outlaw any certain food group, the ratios of carbs/fat/proteins are in relation to those recommended by the RDA and you can follow this way indefinitely-something that Atkins cannot say. Give it a try!

FRUIT, MG again? Geez, seems this just took place! LOL! Loupe's Lounge is definitely cute! I'll get around to e-mailing everyone to see who may seriously be interested and when and will let you know. How are the boobs doing?

GRACIOUS, hope you had a good time at your retreat this weekend! Thanks for the FF you posted. Very cute!

DISNEY, WELCOME TO THE BOARDS I'm sorry, I think I missed welcoming you earlier. Good going on staying off the scale, many of us are slaves to that metal monster. I am now trying to be content with the feel of my clothes being what tells me how I'm doing instead of the scale. Not easy to do. Try not to get in to the trap of the metal monster, it's a hard one to get out of, well, at least for some of us.

FILLISE, girl, it's cold there-better there than here! LOL!!! It won't take until July to have me *****in about the heat, you'll hear that from me soon enough-unfortunately. If it's not one extreme, it's another. About being a Mom, as you said, God had other plans for you, and besides, you are a Mom, to Belle. Just think about it, at least your fur child doesn't talk back to you, doesn't ask you for money, doesn't ask you to drive them all over town, etc., etc., etc...

SEF, you and MARSH have something in common I see, you both love X-stiching. Girl, what is happening with you and your posts you keep on losing? Are you sure it's just not old age and you THOUGHT you did a post? LOL!!! Couldn't resist!!! LOL!!! WONDERFUL Friday Funnies! I loved reading them!!!!!! THANKS! Yes, people CAN and ARE very inconsiderate. I like your idea on how you handled the GS issue! LMK how things go with monitoring your intake. Good luck with the afgan issue!!!!

TRISH, have a good time at your SB party tomorrow! Me, nothing exciting, if you read above about ELI, probably watch him sleep will be the highlight of my day! Eat one of those olives in that martini for me!!! YUM!!!

MUSIC, don't you just hate it when you've been OP for weeks and then screw up? BUT, guess what! If you get right back on track you won't see any ill effects from those brownies. It's if you do like I do and keep going in the wrong direction, then you'll see it effect you. All the good you've done will keep you from gaining from this, so don't let this discourage you. CONGRATS to your 3rd graders AND YOU!!!!!

NMS, sounds like you had a good time at that party. Hope all goes well with the oral surgeon on Friday-terrible to have to be dealing with something like that. You got the Aunt Gussies? Aren't they wonderful! I use to be able to do one a day, then it got to be 1 box a day-I had to stop buying them, I'm dangerous around them. The place I told you about, NUTRITIONS'MART also carries them and about a dollar a box cheaper than Whole Foods. I will look through my papers for the site I got the shirt from, I bought it back in Nov. before I had this computer and the site is on the old computer, or was, before the virus ate up my favorites. If I don't get you the info by next week, please, remind me if you don't mind-sometimes I tend to forget. Look forward to meeting you one day for lunch!!

Gals, I'm outta here for now. Will try to get back on later if possible to continue with my individual replies to you all. I just want to get at least this much posted while I'm able. QUILTER, BKM, GATOR, COUNTRY, HEART & MELF I will reply to you all later!!!!

{{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
  • I've been lurking the last couple of days and have gotten way behind. My inlaws are here and I made a turkey dinner last night. I ate too many of those evil carbs, but did stay away from the mashed potatoes I made Deb's cheesecake with agave and it was very good. I used a pecan crust. The whole family liked it. Does anyone have a "legal" topping idea?

BOB-do you have a bladder infection? I used to get those all the time and I distinctly remember the pain and the orange pee. I loved the black and bleu chicken recipe--will try it soon.

lindarn-I hope you are pregnant soon. Deb's story about getting pregnant is encouraging.
    Shirley-I hate to lose posts too. What mountains did you live in? My dh is from the Appalachians. Your FF's are making me laugh. Good job with the pool pump.

Gracious-How was the retreat and all the food? I hope you had a great weekend. Loved the FF. How was your busy Saturday? If I were your dd, I'd be happy with the afghan, and wouldn't be quizzing you about the colors. You are so patient with her, it sounds like.

Jackie-You are absolutely amazing with all your exercise--you hardly miss a day. I'm working toward having that kind of discipline. The FF's were hilarious--I wanna be a bear. The woman vs. man's thinking was great too--should be required reading for all newlyweds. How was happy hour? I had bloody mary's at mine

Kat-I like your ds's picture. How do you get a pic to show up there on the board? Have fun with your car--what nice parents you have.

Deb-Your posts crack me up. I can almost see your house with all those kids. Are the maggots gone? I'm with you on parents who pick their kids up late--I would never do that!! But I have had it happen to me--I have driven so many kids home (to be nice and to get them out of my house haha). It sounds like you have done some real soulsearching and have recommitted to SB> I have no doubt that you will be able to stick with it. I am trying to find some resolve too. I have done niothing but gain since Christmas and I'm sick of it. WTG on the garage sales!!

Susanne-I loved your thoughts about god having other plans for you--that is so true. Your nieces are very lucky. It's is very cold in Charleston too-pipes bursting all over the city. I would have to move here when it is the coldest in 10 years. I hope your cramps feel better.

Monet-Good to hear from you. My son won't wear coats either--he says he doesn't get cold but I suspect it is some sort of adolescent macho thing. The mattress pad sounds heavenly. Good FF-I'll have to show it to Steven.

Trish-have fun at the party. We will just be here eating wings with the in laws. I might try to get my mil to go to a movie. I like sports, but not crazy about pro football.
    Music teach-Congrats on your win. I bet the kids were happy.

Ruth-thanks for the recipe and the M&M's decorating idea. I bet the tables were pretty. I hope the root canal goes OK. Maybe you won't be able to eat for a while--might lose a pound or two (trying to be positive here)

Quilter-Your class sounds great. WTG. Do you work with adults who can't read? Sorry the picture took you back but that's great about avoiding the cheesecake. Get some rest today.

Bigknight-it sounds like things are reallyw orking out for you, like with the job and the house. The house sounds wonderful! Have fun watching the SB.

Gator-That is a very nice story about the dreidel. And I like the brandy alexander supper--I haven't had one in years but I remember how good they are. WTG on the 2.5 miles, it's extra hard to go when it is cold out. Have fun with friends and the SB.

Crystle-WTG on losing the pounds. I can't imagine not wanting to eat all the time. I need to get back to that way of thinking.

Heartmom-GREAT news about Boogie. I'm so glad he doesn't have to go through yucky another procedure.
    sorry if I missed anyone else--will go read the Sunday paper. Have a great Sunday everyone!
  • Sunday Morning
    Good Morning you WONDERFUL PEOPLE!!!!!!

I just let Maddie girl out and she came back covered in snow. Here we go again. If it were warmer and this were rain, we?d all be building arks by now.

BKM---Hey, it?s good to see you on the board again. Girlfriend, we need to talk because I?m WAYYYYY behind on your life. Sounds like you are making positive strides. A new house is always fun. I?m thrilled you found one that will keep Sarah in the same school. She?s such a cutie! Is the divorce final yet? Go for the shower. I think it sounds like a great way to get re-started. I hope Daisy is going with you. (Did I mess up on her name?)

SEF---Thanks for the words of reassurance. Your were right! A deep breath and relaxing always helps. I loved the living in 2003 list. That?s a keeper. Thanks.I hope you made it through your big day. How are those tootsies feeling this morning? Well, it sounds like DD is being a little anal about this afghan. Man, she needs to lighten up a bit. She should listen to you because you are the crafty one and know what?s best. This could end up being a major pain for you. Sounds like she has a picture already in her head of the end project, and you will have no way of matching that. Fabric swatch or not. BTW, I think sold color afghans are the best too. No one should do two busy patterns right on top of each other.

GATOR---I loved your story about the the people fixing your dreidel. Isn?t it amazing how great life is when we get personally involved with each other. You were so smart to plead your case. You had nothing to lose, right? And I really love the idea of sending them a thank you plate. How cool. Sounds like you are on the road to another long-distance friendship. WTG!!!

COUNTRY---Glad to see your weather is being more hospitable. I would LOVE to walk out side, but it?s bitter here still. I wonder when we?ll see 43 again. Ugh. Hey congrats on being down two pounds since Wednesday. That?s great. And fast. Keep up the good work. BTW, thanks for your sweet comments, but the pictures really were THAT bad. It looked like I should have been playing the Beer Barrel Polka in the background, because my torso looks just like a barrel. It?s the cold hard facts, but it?s keeping me going.

FILLISE----Don?t you just hate it when the cramps bring something else along with them like a sore throat or a cough? Ugh! That?s so lovely to have to endure both. Hang in there.

HEART---PTL that Boogie doesn?t need the cath. That?s such great news. We are all breathing a huge sigh of relief for him and for you and the rest of your fam. You did make me LOL when I read ?HUBBY MAKES ME SICK.? It is terrible that the pounds can just drop off them with little effort. Last summer my DH lost over 15 pounds simply by playing softball one day a week!!! Can you believe that? Every where we went people were asking him about his big weight loss and telling him how good he looked. It was driving me crazy because he was still eating just about anything he saw and I was being so careful. It does make me laugh now when I look back on it. But it?s still not fair. Hang in there, we will get there sooner or later.

MELF----Hang in there to you too. Sounds like you had a wicked one this week. I hope you get to relax this weekend and ?center? yourself. That always helps me. Take care. Hey, it was GREAT getting to hear your voice from FL. You are such a sweetie!!!

DEB---The garage sales sound great. The mid-cycle barfing does not. Hope you are feeling better. Give ELI a hug from me. That?s a rotten schedule he?s got there.

LINWORTH----My ears perked up when you said PECAN CRUST. What is that all about? Is there a recipe on the board for this that I?ve missed? I had been MIA for such a long time, I know there are things I?m way behind on. Please tell me what you did. LIN, I use a lot of frozen berries. Our freezer is stocked to the top with bags of mixed and bags of plain strawberries and blueberries. I love them and eat a ton of them. I believe the really make me feel so much better (digestion-wise). Anyway, I?m sure you could make a topping with some berries and some agave. I haven?t tried it, but I?ll bet there?s a way. Somebody on here will know. BTW, I do work with adults who can?t read or who have such low-levels of reading that they really cannot function. It?s a real eye-opener. You just wouldn?t believe. Most of them are incredibly intelligent, but had undiagnosed learning disabilities as children. That?s the reason people can get all the way through school and not be able to read. It?s great to see the success stories. One of my friends (who I met years back when I first starting this job) has really turned his life around. He now owns a building that?s a home health care facility for people with mental illness. How?s that for giving back to the community once you get on your feet? I?ll shut up, but you can see how excited I get about it. Thanks for asking.

Okay, friends, it?s so cold I think I?m going to crawl back in bed for a couple of minutes and snuggle with my honey. He?s toasty warm and my feet are still freezing. Catch you later. Enjoy your days.
    Kim
  • Good Sunday Morning Everyone

Tired, but up. Shortly after I exited the computer last night the kids came home, so no hope of me regaining my place in front of the computer at that point. ELI actually came home around 10ish and I convinced him to go to sleep before he had to go back to work, having to be there by 1am. So, as tired as I was and feeling barfy, I read while he slept and then woke him up about 12:20am to get ready to go back to work. I felt him crawl back in bed this morning around 5am and he's still asleep. Seems we WILL be able to go do something together today. He told me he misses OLE OLE, so that's a for-sure today. We haven't really spent any time together since his return from Seattle last week. He has to go in to work later tonight for a full inventory. His days off seem to include work, I hate it but can't do anything about it. The whole purpose of us selling our previous business was that he was working 70-80 hours a week, in just 2 days he worked a 40 hour week. It's bad enough, but geez, if he was making time and a half, or benefiting directly from the business profits, it would be better, but unfortunately, the way he works, he's lucky if it pans out that he's making minimum wage, and even then, I wonder! Oh well, my *****ing sure doesn't help or change the situation, that's him and that's just the way he works

Didn't really eat much of anything yesterday since I was feeling barfy. On the Sat we were in O-Town I was this way as well, exactly 2 weeks ago to the date. Right on day 14 of my "cycle", but luckily, it didn't last almost all day as it did 2 weeks ago, woke up this morning feeling not only fine, but less bloated. I'm so use to is, PLUS, I know 95% of the time there's an added benefit, the scale goes down. I'll measure myself later this morning to see if my girth around my stomach has gone down. I measured the other day and it was really BIG! Hoping this shows some decrease today!

Want to get in some replies before someone, ANYONE, wakes up and starts in with me about the computer.

GATOR, really loved the story about the driedle! What wonderful people to be able to provide such a service and then, on top of it all, do it for free! We actually have quite a few dreidles in the china cabinet. The kids' father has a cousin who had a store in Cincinatti called SERENDIPITY with very unusal gifts and she started sending us a dreidle each holiday season. I think we have abot 10 of them in there now. She's since sold the business, so our collection hasn't grown. That was nice of what you did for the couple with the plate. Here's Michael's reply, still don't know what's being said yet!!!

Ouais, je veux visiter la France après la fin du lycée. Mon accent est acceptable, ainsi je pense que je pourrais fonctionner bien. Avez-vous voyagé en France? La Belgique? Je veux aller en Europe, mais je n'y ai jamais été. J'ai mon examen français pour mon diplôme cette année. J'ai peur! J'ai beaucoup pour étudier...

-- Michael

COUNTRY, I'd probably still be shivering at 60 degrees! Keep warm girlfriend! That's so cool that you too have an SB ANNIVERSARY coming due in March, WOW, 2 years!!! You need to get some updated pictures on the board to mark this great event! You mentioned too few calories and not much loss, easy to fix on both issues which will definitely help you lose once again. At least you know what's going on from journaling, now you have to try to change something to get you back on the losing track. I'm like you, very punctual 99% of the time, if I'm running late, I'll call from my cell phone when possible.

HEART, glad to hear about BOOGIE. Oh girl, don't even give it a thought about DH's weight loss. First of all, men always lose weight faster than us as you well know and plus, just cutting down a few calories he's going to lose weight. I mean, it's good to ignite you to stay on track, but don't even try to compare you two. Don't try for 2-3pounds a week, you'll get discouraged if you don't acheive that, just try to stay OP 100% and see what happens. If you don't lose one week, don't get discouraged, you will see the benefits soon. We all get discouraged and some more easily than others, but hang in there and don't give in and you'll be greatly rewarded!

MELF, you sure are busy!!! Eating on track down here as well, scale is definitely still up, but I'm sure we'll both be losing as the weeks pass. Hoping to get back in to my exercise routine tomorrow-last day of laying around today!!!!

QUILTER, glad to hear your TUTOR TRAINING went great! Good job on staying away from the junk table. I just love when you are back on track, feeling good in more ways than one and posting all about it. I hope you take time to reflect on just how good this makes you feel in comparison to when you aren't following this WOE. That, plus you know, we miss you lots when you go MIA! I'm crossing my fingers for you for your Dr. visit on Friday - will look forward to hearing the news.

BKM, wonderful news about the house! Did you end up doing rental? That's awesome to be staying in the same neighborhood. You must be SOO happy, and so must Sara! I say go for the DIVORCE SHOWER, I think it's an awesome idea! I'd go if I were closer! Glad to hear eating is doing better, things really are looking up all the way around for you as each passing day goes by - that's wonderful!!!!!

LIN, glad you enjoyed the cheesecake, added plus that others did too. I haven't found a person who doesn't like it yet. YELLOWROSE made a delicious apricot jam that she brought to the SB GET TOGETHER in Orlando and many of us put it on top of the cheesecake and it was DELICIOUS! You can ask her for her recipe. Also, any fruit that you can thicken and put on top is delicious. You can even swirl some truit in to the actual cheesecake if you wish. I thought about maybe doing a key lime cheesecake, adding some key lime juice to the mix-the possibilites are endless! I'm sure you'll come to grips and get back on track soon. You hit a point that you finally say, NO MORE and ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. You'll do it

Okay, I'm outta here. Going to go crawl back in bed and see if I can stir up the dead.

Will try to get back on later today!

Have a great Sunday!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
  • MORNING EVERY BUDDY!!!

The excitement is building and ready to explode around here...
    Hope everyone is pulling for THE BUCS!!!! in the SUPER BOWL!!!
    I'm heading out to the grocery while I can..the TV coverage has already started this morning at 10 a.m. It will be continuously
    till game time...

LINWORTH...I do feel better this morning after two days on the antibiotic, and the pyridium..Let's hope this is the problem..I've had a bladder infection, and this isn't like that...the pain isn't when I'm trying to go to the bathroom, it has been constant in the right side...so I'm leaning toward a kidney infection..

DEB...made it there and back with no problem...Sorry you lost your crown, but knowing you???? You'll have it back in no time!

QUILTER...Put Paul out to shoveling Maddie a path...I know he will watch the game...is he pulling for the BUCS???

SUSAN...hang in there girl....put on a sweater....does BELLE have a little sweater?

HEART...Give BOOGIE a hug for me...so glad he didn't have to have the cath...

SEF.. Fell better my friend...

MELF...Hang in there girl....

Gotta go...

BOB
  • Hello Everyone!
    Just a moment to type before I get busy with church duties---

BOB--Belle has a fur coat--I'm the one that needs a sweater! actually I think that even she is cold because she is cuddling up to me all the time. Everytime I sit down I have a cat on my lap--it's pretty sweet. I'll be pulling for the Bucs today, but my first priority is the NCSU-UNC bb game on this afternoon--Go Wolfpack!
    Glad you are feeling better.

Deb--I'm getting tired just reading about Eli's schedule these last few days. Hope he gets some rest and you get some time together. Belle talks back to me--she talks all the time. I have no idea what she is saying, but it sounds pretty sassy!

Kim--cramps are better today--always gald to have those first three days of TOM behind me. Thanks.

Linworth--I make a good topping for Deb's cheesecake by melting some sugar-free jam in the microwave. You can also cook down some fruit in agave to make a topping.

Heart--So glad to hear that Boogie doesn't need a cath! So sorry to hear that we are going to have to shoot hubby!!!!

I'm going to go to church and then curl up to watch the basketball game! Have a good day everyone!

Susan
  • Quick Replies
    DEB---You are right. I wish we all could bottle these feelings when we are doing well and staying focused. Then when we started to slip we could take some down off the shelf and take a good hefty swig. Wouldn't that be great? Poor ELI. I feel so bad for him with all that work. Pity he doesn't punch the time clock with everybody else. You all would be rolling in the dough. I figure if the doctor had gotten any really serious news from the blood tests, I would have heard by now. My stomach pains seem to have vanished. Didn't need a purple pill yesterday at all. I truly think my has something to do with PMS. I told the dr of my suspicions. We will talk further on Friday.

BOB---So glad you are feeling better. That's a good thing. Do you still have your appendix? Isn't that supposed to be pains on the right side when it starts getting icky? As far as the game goes, Paul and I both really like TB and Gruden (Chucky). I would like to see him get a SB win. As far as I'm concerned he really has two teams in the super bowl today. Because most of the reason the Raiders are there was from all the work he did while he was there. That new coach of theres really can't take all the credit. Everyone knows it takes years to build a SB team. Oakland is a really good team. I think it's going to be a very close game. I will have a hard time picking a winner for our football pool. My heart says TB, but my head says Oakland. So I just don't know. It must be exciting being in a town that has a winning team. Unfortunately, we haven't known what that's like for a very long time. I flip off that new football stadium every single time I drive by. Geesh, like that did anything to help the Bungles get some wins.

Gotta go. Time to make the jewelry.
    Kim
  • Hi ALL!!

Still a cold windy, & now rainey day here. I don't like the cold. At least not this cold. I just can't warm up! Even poor dh who hardly ever wears a coat has crawled back in bed to try to warm up, but I have to go to a baby shower soon so I can't crawl in after him.

Deb, poooooor Eli! sounds like he's going to be worked to death! Tell him to get some rest. How the 2 of you get a good outing at OleOle. yum, I can taste that Cobb salad & the salsa now! Do enjoy! Sorry I didn't get to send Birthday greetings to Lauren, but tell the sweetie that I do send belated greeting to her. Sounds like Michael is preparing for his next film with that wheelchair. LOL Some day we'll see his name in credits & we'll say I remember meeting that nice young man. He's bound to make it big one day in whatever he does, wheather it's films or medicine!

BOB, feel better soon!

Quilter, sounds like you & Maddie are getting plenty of snow. Do stay warm!

OK I just figured out where everyone is today. It's SuperBowl Sunday, right? Hope you team wins, those of you who are rooting them on! Later...Mary
  • his is my post for Saturday. I don't know what going on, but I went to post and it wouldn't let me. Said I wasn't registered or something strange.
    So I registered again and it let me post.

Quiet day here. Did laundry, went and got my nails done. Worked out and did The Firm tape for abs. it's akiller. Going to a friend's house to watch the UL-TN game and then UK-AL game.

Bob, I'm glad you got some antibotics. Sounds like that is the only thing going to cure what you have. Hope they find out what it is soon. In the meantime, get some rest. Hey take those 6 lbs anyway you can get them.
    Have a great weekend everyone.

Nomoresugar, You car making my teeth hurt just reading about your procedure. Good luck. Hope your pain is over soon.

Quilter, I have one of those pictures. I was holding a baby in the ICU and my thighs looked like elephant legs. I couldn't even enjoy the pic of the baby for seeing all that fat. I guess denial is right. It was a wake up call for me too. Good luck You are on the right track. See it through. How did your class go? I'm sure it was great.

BKM, I'm glad you found a house so quickly. It will be nice not to have your DD go through another trauma of changing schools and friends. It's hard on kids too. Prayers for you and her. Good luck. Glad you eating is showing results. Keep up the good work.

Sef, loved the FF. Kids say the darndest things. Try to get some rest. You may have to soak those tired feet. I have a DD like yours. Somedays a simple conversation is a struggle. Gotta love 'um.

Deb, you are right, K No one can be expected to stay 100T OP for the rest of their lives. There will be times... but knowing what to do afterwards and controling it are the secrets. You are doing great and I'm sur you will be at your goal before your anniversary. It was so good talking to you today. Glad you finally caught me at home. Thanks for the info on the hotels.

Gator, what a wonderful story about the dreidel. There are some good people in this world. How sweet of you to paint the plate for them. It was a perfect idea. I'm sur they will love and appreciate it. Sounds like you are relly getting into the walking and exercising. Good for you. Bummer on the cold dinner, but sounds like a good compensation. Have fun at the superbowl party.

Country, I'm hoping year 3 will be all that for you. With your journaling you will learn more about your eating habits and that should give you the downward boost you need. Such sweet words you closed with. Made me feel good. Thanks

filise, Hope you are feeling better today. Stock up on some vitamin C to knock that sore throat. Yeah, I hope the tide rolls out quickly today. My cats are on a roll, but sometimes they get a big head and lose quickly.

Heartmom, I'm so happy that Boogie doesn't have to be cathed. Prayers do get answered. I'm glad your DH is inspiring you, but men always lose faster. It's not fair.

Melf, glad your busy week is over. Have a restful weekend.

Jackie
  • Good Sunday afternoon.

After church we had to meet with the caterer for the reception. Boy $$$$. It's depressing. Of course DH (who has of sense of money whatsoever) keeps saying honey of you want it, go ahead. I keep giving him these looks but he ignores me. think I'll hand him the checkbook instead and let him cover the bills for a change.

I have a questions for all you Alabama girls. We were watching the UL-Al game last nite and everyone wondered why the mascott is an elephant. What does that have to doe with Crimson Tide?? I told them I would find out. I knew I had some inside sources.

Just finished doing my 3 mile tape. i must have tried a little harder tody b/c I was sweating buckets. I have a bad mishap last nite. We went to a friends house to watch the game and I took veggies with me as I was starving and didn't want to sabatoge myself. I knew were were ordering pizza but they nomally order it from a place that has a supreme that is loaded and you can easily eat the toppings and get full. Someone brought their kid along and they insisted on Pizza Hut. Well the screwed up our order and we got a pepperoni and a cheese pizze and a stuffed crust pizza. I ended up eating 2 pieces, but I'm not too worried as all I had to eat yesterday was 1/2 a grilled cheese sandwich until the veggies at the party. So I made myself work out extra hard and will be good tonite at the SB party. Going to a bar and will drink Dcoke and wings. So no starcy carbs for me today. Hope that pizza doesn't show up ont he scale plus it wasn't any good at all. If I hae to cheat I at least want to enjoy it. Bummer.
    Quilter, Glad your class was a success. WTG on passing those goodies. Hope you got to go out to dinner, you deserved it. Your job sounds so rewarding. I can tell how much you love it. That's the way all jobs should be.

Deb, WOW what bargains you got today. You are the . Sorry you are losing your dinner. Look at the bright side, no weight gain. Poor Eli. He will be exhausted. He sure has strong work ethics and I'm sure those ethics carry over into his personal life to. People hear are having bursted pipes from the cold. I can't believe we don't have that problem, DH won't turn the termostat past 65.

Linworth, Try some SF jelly, like simply fruit or Polander, I like the strawberry.

BOb, Glad you are feeling some better. Prop yourself up today and ret and just watch all the football coverage. Hey, what happened to the VOLS last nite? I was really pulling for them to beat UL.

Fillise, Have a good day. Hope those church duties dont keep you from the super bowl.

Melf, hve fun at your baby shower. I just hate it when DH stays in bed and I have to get up and out.

Got to run make a pot of chili for tomorrow's dinner. Want to take some old coats down to the mission for the homeless people. They refuse to come into a shelter. Don't know how they can live out in this cold. it is snowing again today. My poor black car is white from all the salt and sand from the roads. Planned on washing it today, but after church it was snowing so hard it would have been a waste of money.

Enjoy the SB. Go Bucs.

Jackie
  • AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!!

Jackie....VOLUNTEER basketball hasn't been good since the 60's...they just can't keep up...couldn't figure out what they were doing playing L'vlle anyway...must be something new!
    Chili sounds good...it's cold enough down here for a big pot!

KIM....ok, now I'm very confused...I thought I had it down pat on which side of Cincy you lived on...coming by the stadium, are you coming from the Kings Island side, or the Dayton side? When we come over the bridge, we hang a right and the stadium is right on us...then if we go uptown, we hang a left and go up the big hill toward Fountain Square. Please straighten me out will you?
    Did you go down and watch them flatten the old stadium? I saw it on TV..as for the BUNGLES....well I won't say anything...we both know already!
    Oh...before I forget...I don't have my appendix...that's what's so puzzling???? KNOCK ON WOOD....it's not hurting today...

SUSAN...I did you a favor and didn't watch your b'ball game..I knew I would jinx you if I did...Got those pictures developed yet?
    I'm waiting to see the princess posted on the board!

Gotta go....

GO BUCS!!!!!