~~Weekly Chat - February 1 to February 7 ~~

You're on Page 4 of 18
Go to
  • Oi, well I had hoped that today I'd be able to get back to hanging out in the weekly chat but now it doesn't seem to be the case :C One of my best friends is going through some tough things right now and I've been helping him deal with it. So hopefully I'll be back soon!
  • Yeah, wow - crazy chat today Loving it, although I should be doing some SERIUOS work right now!!

I don't have anything too crazy to add to the dreams conversation, except that I keep having dreams that come true in real life. That, and I keep getting murdered, which is sort of annoying. But so far, no visits from passed on loved ones, which would be cool. I tend to dream really vividly - like, full length, technicolor, movie plot style dreams - sometimes I even know I'm dreaming. I have no idea what my subconscious is working through sometimes!

Josten - Hugs! I hope things work out with your friend at work
  • Josten- It's going to be okay. Ever hear of that book "he's just not that into you"? Well if she's "just not that into you" then it's best to grieve and move on to find another girls who IS that into you. All the stuff you did is SO sweet!! I don't know you but you seem like a great guy and frankly if she doesn't appreciate that... Somebody else will!

MrsHoney, I TOTALLY believe in ghosts. We had to move from an apartment once because I kept getting hit by nothing (I had bruises everywhere), doors kept slamming, I'd go to bed (all the knives in the drawer) and wake up to find knives on the floor (we had no animals at the time or anyone else who could have done it). Sage didn't work, we just had to move. It was ridiculous!

Anyway, so today is Monday which is the last day of hubby's workweek (till March when he switches to a semi-normal shift! ) so we're gonna go meet his coworkers at the bar. I love our weekly socializing time!!! Then we might have some friends over after. i'm thinking of making salsa guacamole (avocado smashed with salsa and spices instead of mayo and stuff) and chips with leftover tamales for foodies. Not TOO bad.. right? I hope not!! Tmw hubby said he'd take me shopping for running shoes! I'm so going to try it!! EEEP!
  • Really girls, 2 pages since I left work? How is a girl supposed to catch up after half a bottle of wine?

Josten - I hope its a good "we need to talk." that was very sweet of you!

Mrs. Honeycut - holy effing crap. I really have nothing to say after that. But oh my.

Haley - I read Dakota Cody's memoir of when she was a stripper - its called "Candy Girl" and its hysterical. I'd recommend it.

Mary - I miss you! I hope things work out!!

Jazz - all of that sounds awesome Yay for new job and yay for new roommates

Smisen - I dream stuff that comes true as well. It freaks me out more than the loved ones. I'd rather have my mom visit than dream about other stuff.

Ok. So CB just left. Airplane was pretty funny. And boy do I love that boy. I say this as I'm logging onto chemistry.com and checking my mail/matches (because one always needs a back up plan) but I just texted Jessie and was like "I'm going to marry that boy." She said she approves but I have to date him first. You know, I'm more of a "long term plan" girl. I don't do well with short term.

in happy news I got my DVR to record the big bang theory!!
  • Stella- I have gone on dates and everything else while always having the Russian in my back pocket...our timing was never right...dunno if it is now or not however I have always known thats where I'm supposed to end up... even if the freaking road is the longest road ever

But seriously...still no kissing?

Mary- We miss you! good luck with your friend situation

Pit-I'm jealous of your weekends...they always sound so exciting

Josten- funny you're from Alaska... it snowed here this weekend and I got in the cab without a coat...the driver told me I was crazy and needed a coat... I told him I was from Alaska so he shut up...never even been to Alaska
  • I don't know how!!

I mean I know how. I'm just saying...
  • I'm going to keep you and CB in my prayers everynight
  • MyPitBullSmiles- That's insane... I think I'd have a nervous breakdown if I walked in the kitchen and saw knives all over the floor...

Josten- Totally her loss... You'll find the PERFECT person for you! Keep looking!

~~~ So, the chicken gumbo was a hit with the hubby... I lightly breaded the chicken with a little flour and creole seasoning... and then cooked it in a skillet with a little olive oil... OMG, it was freaking rockin'... I wanted to eat the whole skillet dipped in Ranch dressing, but I was able to keep it together and toss it in the saucepan with the gumbo... It was suuuupppperrrrrrrr filling, and only 270 calories a serving.. Got plenty of left overs!
    **Hold me accountable to this! I AM going to drink at least 8-8oz glasses of water a day... Gotta get off of the Diet Pepsi kick I've been on. AND, I am going to do at least 15 minutes of cardio 3 (or more) days a week. Maybe if I see that I told all of you this, I will do it! Here's hoping..

So, I've been watching marathons of cake decorating shows on TLC today... I want red velvet cake so bad right now.
  • Quote: I'm going to keep you and CB in my prayers everynight
    Thank you

I have to go back to my secret principles and write what I want in my little diary
  • i lost my diary Its like losing my mind, seriously.

You guys all have crazy meaningful dreams. I just sleep talk about flureoscent pillows and things

Josen- I agree, its her loss At least she was straight with you and didnt string you along with false hope. And you have an INCREDIBLE talent for quilting!

mrs. honeycut- thats such a horrible thing to happen to you! (the boyfriend thing, not the finding someone and getting married thing). I have no idea how you managed to keep the car and clean it out yourself. I would have been way too heebeejeebee-ed out.
  • Icon- We women are WAY stronger than we give ourselves credit for. If anyone had told me 6 months before it happened that I'd clean the car out and still drive it, I woulda thought they were out of their gourd. BUT, we adapt... If somethings gotta happen, we make it happen. It was kind of cathartic cleaning it though... I'm definitely glad thats all in my past though.

I think that happening was God's way of saying, "you need to change your life before you lose it"... So, I did. And I met the love of my life/my best friend/my soulmate. =]

Sorry for the added cheeziness... =]
  • I think cheesiness has its place in life We all need to embrace the cheese a little more
  • Quote:
    "I'm going to marry that boy." She said she approves but I have to date him first. You know, I'm more of a "long term plan" girl. I don't do well with short term.
    Stella, after my bf dumped me I called my friend crying of course, but the one thing I said to her was we'll get back together, I know it. Two months later, we were back together and 3 years later we're slowly starting to talk about marriage. (We both want to marry each other, but it's not the right time. Me in school and still relying on my folks, bf just starting his MBA and building a new company). So I totally believe in those "crazy" little satements.
  • Quote: We all need to embrace the cheese a little more
    I embrace the cheese a little too much
  • Stella- Is that Diablo Cody? I was looking for it, but can't find anything with a Dakota Cody...

Any other good book ideas? I need to do something other than watch TV... I like trashy books... Like, Jackie Collins stuff. LOL

Star and Star Struck by Pamela Anderson were actually pretty entertaining light reads...