Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 185/172/145

Height: 5'5

Haley- sounds like you've had a ROUGH day! Uncool! Hope it's looking up now! Yes GF is getting more mainstream, which has been heck on my waistline! It was easy to avoid eating out when the only options were spendy/not at all worth it. Now that Red robin does gf... I'm doomed!! Hubby wants to go out like 2x/week! Luckily we split a burger and fries so it's not too bad. Garlic Jim's here does GF pizza but it's spendy ($25/med size pizza) so we didn't buy that much, but recently hubby figured out how to make a great pizza crust so we've been making that all the time! I spread it out so the crust is thin and then use BARELY any cheese, TONS of veggies (mushrooms, bell pepper, a few olives, and artichoke hearts) and if we have it some turkey pepperoni. It's not that high in calories but is SUPER filling! Yum! The whole time we were eating the other place's pizza we were BOTH thinking about how much better our homemade stuff is! I decided to "splurge" and get Canadian bacon and pinneapple and each slice had like 1/2 a slice of Canadian bacon and two slivers of pineapple and TONS of cheese. Ew. Hubby ordered something with sausage, pepperoni, and jalapenos and each slice had ONE of the 3 on it. Ew ew.

Feral- yeah I'm going to keep txting her a billion times per day until she relents!!! I've never been big fan of her husband, but seriously, as soon as she gets sick he takes off?!?!?! Ridiculous!!!

So I've discovered that lentil soup (beans, broccoli, peppers, brussel sprouts, and lentils in veg broth cooked to stewey perfection) used as a dip for kettle chip's sweet onion chips.... OMG SO GOOD!!! I hope I can resist the urge to eat the whole pot of soup before Hubby is out of dinner!!! Nom nom nom.....
Old 02-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Feral-thank you

Pit- My roommate was hilarious she was convinced that everyone neeeded to eat GF... I've thought about it bc I have some weird stomach issues... maybe one day... I even made GF pizza for her birthday and everything.. The bread she had however tasted like a sponge haha... outback also has a gf menu and chilis... but yeah she loved UNO's
Old 02-07-2010, 11:49 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 263/171.0/132

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleyisLove View Post
Jess- My day has been full of Logical Reasoning haha... I'm sure its extremely hard... I'm excited but super scared... Yes I'm taking them in June and then I'm headed to San Diego the following week haha... any and all study advice is appreciated

Feral- That was God saying you didnt need to go shopping and to get your butt home to study haha
My best piece of advice for tackling the LSATs is practice, practice, and practice! And, try to ace the games section. That section is basically free points. My worst section was LR and I don't have the podcasts I used any more but also, TIME YOURSELF. And put yourself in real testing situations. Like, no breaks. Practice, practice and more practice = perfect. It's kind of like losing weight. High effort = high return.

As for melt downs, I hope both you and Feral feel better. I had a big argument with the boy this whole week so now we're not talking. I think that might be the end of it so it's kind of upsetting but what can you do.

But the GOOD thing is that I survived Super Bowl without completing destroying the diet. Thank God. There were so many dips but I decided it was worth the sacrifice.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:13 AM   #259  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

I actually had a really good day calorie-wise, despite everyone around me eating huge slices of pizza. I was doing some ridiculous fad diet with some friends for a while, and I was doing really well because I do well with very structured things, but now I've just decided to stick to the normal calorie counting and working out. Hopefully it works out ok and I don't lose focus. Last time I burned out after 3 months.

...it doesn't help that my boy is going back to NJ tomorrow. I'm very sad.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:54 AM   #260  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

star - i love love love little italy. and I havent been there in a while, because it's kind of a special treat and that means a bazillion calories... I'm glad you had fun tho! Little italy and of course the gaslamp... good times. I also had ice cream cake today, from my friends bday. But I only allowed myself a small piece, and the dinner beforehand was chicken and pasta, and I had three times as much chicken as pasta! go me! the flat tire thing sounds like it could have gone really wrong, but turned out ok, so thats good!

haley - san diego is waiting for you

feral - you need to multiply yourself by five. then you can spend all weekend with everyone. duh. :P

go saints!! i <3 reggie bush. lol... he went to my high school. and we ran track together he was faster than me... LOL, but he was a sprinter and i was a 2 miler. And in high school, he liked track better than football.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:25 AM   #261  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzang View Post
feral - you need to multiply yourself by five. then you can spend all weekend with everyone. duh. :P
Yeah, the only problem is that I saw that movie Multiplicity. It all starts out as fun and games, but then you end up with one that's just a LITTTTTTLE off. Know what I mean?
Closed Thread