Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-05-2006, 08:53 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekly Chat - February 5th - 12th

Good Morning

Ahhhhhhhh its so nice to see 3FC's up and running... missed you all.

Sweetpea, a weekly thread is a great suggestion.... will do

Superbowl is today..... enjoy !!!!

So ladies and lurkers, whats everyone got planned for the week? do you all decide menu's early or are you winging it? I'll be making a meat loaf today and instead of breadcrumbs I'm going to used mashed cauliflower to bulk it up and keep it moist... First experiment (poor dh LOL).

How about exercise
? Anyone want to commit just this week to 5 days of exercise? Let me know and we can nudge each other

I'm also gonna commit to 1200 calories this week. I can't think beyond the box because it gets to scary, so I'll do it this week (in my brain lol).

Its a beautiful day in NJ... can't wait to go outside and get some fresh air.

Watcha all doing today?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:22 AM   #2  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Leenie. Happy Sunday. I was sure glad to see the site back up and running. I love 3FC.

I too love the idea of a weekly chat. Sweetpea is right, you lose the continuity of the thread with the daily thread. So I love the change!!!!!!!!

Exercise, well, since I've been exercising everyday (except this past Thursday) I'm up for the challenge. My goal for miles for February is 50 miles. I was going to try for perfection, but I goofed that up on the 2nd. Now I have 3 days that I can take off, but I already used one. Anyway, I'm up to 6 miles of WATP this month. Today, DH and I are taking the husky puppies out to our mountain trail. Instead of walking it we're going to snowshoe it. I should be plenty exhausted for the big game.

One think I can't do is commit to the calorie idea. I'd fail so I'm not going to set myself up for failure. I will commit to trying to reduce my portions. They are getting bigger again and I need to get them back into control.

So my goals for the week are smaller portions and exercising all days.

It's a beautiful day here in Oregon too. I live in the desert and we should have lots of beautiful days, but we've been non-stop rain/snow for 3 months. Roads are washing away in my neighborhood (thank goodness for my four wheel drive vehicles) and it's just been icky out. But today, the sky is blue so outside I go. Should be a great day.

Leenie, BTW, can you change the VERB to February? GRACIAS!!!!
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:13 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone

Beautiful day here as well. I can even see blue sky with this sunshine. Nice change from yesterday where it rained while I was clearing the driveway, yuck!

Not much planned for today, the laundry hamper threw up in the bathroom so I am going to get that done today, besides that, I think maybe people may need clean clothes for tomorrow, imagine that

While cleaning the bedroom last night I found a little workbook for 30 days on the south beach diet. So I'm thinking about giving that a shot. I haven't had a definite plan so have not been getting anywhere positive. So maybe this will help. I keep thinking about that saying "Failure to plan is a plan for failure" And I have been playing that one out. So I did the reality check today and did the scale and measurement thing and now will see where I go from here. As for exercising I pulled out some 3lb dumbells and have been doing some arm and delt exercises, not much but it has been a start. This week I'll throw in squats etc and get the legs going.

Anyway I hope everyone has a great week and a wonderful Sunday.
Take care,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 03:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Hi Everyone,

Are we doing the weekly thread thing now? That is cool..whatever works.
Leenie..that sounds interesting about the meatloaf. I have heard that you can add veggies to meat loaves..never heard about anyone trying cauliflower..but my culinary experiences and tastes are limited. Let us know how it turns out will ya?

I don't usually plan menus ahead because it overwhelms me..I like the freedom of winging it but I have planned ahead in the past. I have a hard time sticking to it but it would probably benefit me to do so more often.

Wow..exercising every day..hmm, I don't know if I could do that. I do it 3x a week right now (hour sessions) but I will try the 5x/week deal for this week. Maybe I could reward myself with some ice cream?

J/K

There is no way I can commit to any set calorie limit BUT I will commit to making healthier choices.

Later all,
Snoopysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Ok Leenie - I read this earlier today and had to do some soul searching and have a little talk with myself before posting.

As ya'll know, I just haven't been able to get back to walking in the mornings before work. Don't know what all that is about, but I suspect that part of it pure de busy ness and part of it not feeling quite so "desperate" since I've finally lost 26 lbs....but whatever it is I really really want to lose another 20 lbs. And I know that even if I had nothing to lose (hahahaha) that I would still need to be exercising for my own well being.

Soooooooooo after your nudging Leenie, I have gone and set my alarm for 5 am, and I have laid out my exercise clothes and shoes, and put my Leslie Sansone dvd on top of the player. When dh takes a break from the superbowl I'm gonna explain to him that I have to get up tomorrow morning when that alarm goes off - no matter what. Now if somebody will just come pull me out of bed in the morning when that alarm goes off - I should be fine

I'm also gonna start up the weekly food log again bec I need to be accountable and logging what I am putting in my mouth. I will also commit to 1200 calories a day this week. (that is what you meant huh Leenie - 1200 a day - not for the whole week?)

so I hope some of ya'll will join me on the food log and journal what you are eating.

Ok Leenie so thanks for the nudge/push/wake up call/ & reality check!!!!!!!

MMarie - u r doing AWESOME with all your walking! you go girl!

Buddly - sounds like you have a plan. Let us know how the SB workbook goes for you.

Snoopy - how are you feeling girlie? better? the cream is helping? I sure hope so! I don't really plan menus ahead either - I mean maybe a plan for the day, but that is about all I can do - I really try to take things one day at time so that I won't get overwhelmed with it all. I usually have more going on in one day than I can keep up with

Where is Liz and Cin and Tip and SueMarie and the rest of our gang? when was the last time anyone heard anything from SueMarie - it's been a long time since she has posted ???

Ok Leenie - now don't you feel good getting us all going! you should! THANKS!
(i will definitely be thinking about you at 5 am tomorrow morning)

ok gang - hope everybody has a good nite

later gaters
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:18 PM   #6  

Good afternoon everyone

I flew home from Vancouver this morning....was up at 5:45 this morning....that sure is early. I arrived about 9 A.M.....it's nice to visit....but nice to go home.....Claire was sleeping when I left DS1 & DDIL's house.....so I just peeked into her room & looked into her crib to see her sleeing.....Claire has blond hair coming in....it was dark when she was born.....the hair fell out about 5 weeks ago & what is coming in is blond....When I was a baby....my hair was blond until I was 4.....DS1 was blond when he was a baby....it gradually turned brown when he was about 5.....DDIL was hoping claire would have dark hair like her.

I am tired from being up so early....tomorrow I will start back to my eating plan.....& go on the treadmill.

Marie....my DS2 bought the blue lite from Costo....he will be using it in the morning....his DGF.....is using it after work....they both did the questionairre online....DS2's DGf has no trouble getting up at 6 A.M......but fades in the later afternoon....DS2's problem is that he finds it really hard getting up in the morning.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:47 PM   #7  

hey? did anybody happen to catch Joel Osteen today?
his sermon was called "Improve your Self Image with your Words" #294.
If you don't catch it this week and you would like to see it you can watch it online at his website (if you have DSL).
When you watch it online it is the whole church service, with 30 minutes of worship first, and then the sermon, so if you only want to hear the sermon you can click half way thru or on the 30 minute mark and start from there.
I think I'll listen to it several times this week
later gaters
Old 02-05-2006, 10:40 PM   #8  

Hi everyone!

I have been away scrap booking all weekend. Just got back and threw the house in order for the week......hubby and the girls have been skiing in the mountains and are due back any time.

I am definately going to be exercising......I did alot of soul searching and I am ready.........to do something.

I have missed you all but I must run!

Hugs

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:35 AM   #9  

good morning gang!

I got up at 5 when that alarm went off and did 2 miles I tell ya - it was sheer will power that got me out of that bed but I did it .... well will power and Leenie's nudging of course

Liz - glad you got to enjoy some scrap booking this weekend! what kind of exercise are you going to be doing? enquiring minds what to know

I wanna hear what everybody is doing today

hope it's a blessed day

hugs,
cathy
Old 02-06-2006, 11:46 AM   #10  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

WTG, Cathy!!! You did it!! Now the hard part is over. Getting that first exercise in is always the hardest. Tomorrow will be much easier. I promise.

Liz, good luck on the exercise. As I said, the first time is the hardest. Since I started nearly a month ago, it's been pretty easy to stay on course.

April, I love my blue light. I think it's cool your DS2 and his GF are both using it. I'd like my DS to use it but then I'd have toi leave it at home and I use mine at work during the week. I'd hate to be without it, so I'm going to be selfish.

Today I'm off again - got to love the mega amount of vacation time I get. I'm going to have all Mondays off this month and probably through July. YEAH!!!

I'm going to knit today and finish my pink sweater. The one skein I was short came Fedex on Thursday so I can now finish it. I'm halfway through another one that is pretty. It's "pine" colored that is navy and forest green mixed. Very pretty. But first I'm going to finish the pink one.

Yesterday we did take the huskies up the mountain to our trail and we went snowshoeing. It was awesome out. We had a great time and I was thankful that I'd been WATP for the last month. I did better than usual. Still had to take a few breaks on the way up the inclines, but it was better than if I hadn't been exercising. Because the hike was so hard, I zoned out in front of the TV last night watching the Superbowl. That was pretty much like taking a nap.

Well, off I go to my craft room. TTYL.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:17 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I can't do personals today but I did read them all. And good for you all who are committing to something. It doesn't have to be 1200 calories / day but what ever works and to try to make a committment for just a couple of days may help.

I plan on hitting the dreadmill tonight when I get home and so far calories are on track !!

HUGS !!!

Going into a meeting uuuuuuuuuuuh !
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:56 PM   #12  

hello everyone!!! just popping in to say hello. i will read everyone's posts this afternoon when i get back home. am just so excited it is all back up and running again. i am going to try super hard to make today sugar free

i have to run. lots to do. have only just got back online in last 1/2 hour with server move. back soon
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:17 PM   #13  

Hi everyone

I had a busy day today....had an appointment for my haircut & color at 9....then had a doctor's appointment at 11:30....then I had to go for bloodwork.....then an electrocardiogram....I will have to ask him why I had to have one of those....my blood pressure is good. He did say the Celebrex that I am on could be causing my problems with my asthma.....so I will have to think of something else for the arthritis in my hips.
Then I went to get some groceries.
I am feeling good still....since about Jan. 20.....I just love my little blue light.....I haven't felt so good in years.

Marie....I really love my blue light too....it's just amazing how good I feel.....I am so glad I bought it. I took it with me when I went to visit my DS1, DDIL & baby Claire.....I felt good there also.

I did notice 1 thing since there is a new server.....I am not getting the emails....when someone else posts after me.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 09:28 PM   #14  

hi again
Leenie those are good questions. so here goes

Menus - i am really slack i just decide it as i go, really spontaneous. i find it is better if i plan in advance as then i know what to snack on and don't reach for crap but i get bored with having too much planned!

i will be exercising 5 days this week but my big mission is to cut sugar. i eat way too much chocolate and i need to banish the sugar monster. he's been camping out at my home and feeding me buzz bars and ice cream and other crap

april - i haven't been getting notifications of posts either but i guess that will come.

i just woke from a nap so i am going to go outside and get some sunshine (better than blue light i presume?) and then come back in and reply to everyone else's posts
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:26 PM   #15  

Hi

Took the stairs at work all day today.

I am really grouchy, going to do some deep breathing.

Night.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote