Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 11:20 PM   #61  

Hey everyone!
I JUST did my first day.
The beginning of the day started out pretty easy, we had the crispy cereal, it was decent enough.
Lunch we had the Balognese with broccoli and lettuce which I was pleasently suprised tasted really good.
After lunch was when I actually started feeling a tiny headache in the back of my head, and becoming somewhat tired.
Dinner was 5 oz. baked chicken and cauliflower,broccoli mix. with lettuce.
Then I used my sea salt on all of those things as well.
Then the snack was chocolate pudding.

It is SO hard going to film school AND doing this diet, I told everyone in my group that im on this and that there are certain times that I NEED to eat or im gonna like just explode and be cranky lol.
The first day wasnt THAT bad, I mean I do feel slightly sicky but im gonna try my hardest to push through.

Let me just tell you a tiny bit about this documentary.

Basically all my life ive been overweight, eating fast food alot and things like that. I have ALWAYS inspired to be an actor, but I was always told by my parents that its going to be hard to get roles that can really reach your potential if you are overweight, so I decided if I couldnt be infront of the camera I would be behind the camera! So thats what my goal was.
However, each of us must make a 15 minute documentary which will be submitted to the film festival and possibly sent around the country and even internationally. So my friend, who loves my personality, decided to do hers on me and my weightloss. We were told by the Acting teacher who is on the diet now to go and talk to the ideal weightloss people in town. So we talked to the counselor and she was very enthusiastic and very excited for the project.

I currently live with my parents who are 30 miles away from my school and ive been driving, so in order to effectively do this diet and documentary I am moving to the film makers house, I am NOT allowed to see any of my parents or my friends for 4 months. Im on this diet and im required to blog about it everyday and to do video diaries on a hd camera that she has. Ive given up soo much for this I NEED to lose weight NOW, so thats where I am at now.

Right after day 1, not feeling so well but its unnaceptable to quit now. I am in it for the long run.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:32 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicnyd View Post
I am 34. Not the first time I am tring to loose a lot of weight, but definatly the easiest its been so far, as of this morning 4 days 9.2# down.

Josh your first few days of loss will be unreal, a bit of a struggle, but push through. The 2 guys I know who started 5 days ago found day 3 and 4 the hardest for being hungry but have just had extra meat at dinner, and or their snack packet between lunch and dinner I believe. Both have found it alot easier since then. They both have had amazing loses as of this morning one is 16# and the other 19# in 4 days!! Guys loose way faster than women in general. I know you can do this, it is very simple and tasty, you just have to have the willpower to not cheat at all! When you get extra hungry eat you lettuce, or drink water or tea to fill the void. Good Luck Buddy!

What your saying definately helps me, Im really keeping in my mind that the pain and struggle is gonnna all pay off on atleast day 5, its whats helping me go. I feel like a complainer already complaining on DAY 1 but its a huge change for me emotionally and physically.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:43 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Josh....will we be able to follow your blog anywhere? I struggled with days 3-5...had headaches, felt lightheaded, fatigue. I wondered what the &^%$ was I putting myself thru....but I had done Atkins before, and remember the same type of symptoms. Your body will be going into ketosis and it will be a hard adjustment. I think our bodies WANT to be healthy and fit, so it has to throw out the toxins, bad junk, etc. Drink water for the headaches. Sometimes I used a heating pad on my neck, or an ice pack (my headaches are in my neck and shoulders and Ihave had them for years). Once you go to your first weighin....you will be amazed....and the discomfort will be worth it. Some people don't struggle at all....just go with it.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:21 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 186.5/150.2/155

Height: 5'8"

Josh

I was really sick days 2 and 3 ,so sick I had to come home from work, headache, tired, sick to my stomach etc. I was advised to try a little lemon juice in my water and to have a bath in sea salt , which I did. It got better by the end of day 3 and since then I have been fine. Hopefully it will not be that hard for you but if it is keep at it becasue it is worth it in the end.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:24 AM   #65  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

i am 43.

i think it is going to be both inspiring and interesting to following josh's progress / story. sound like both a very enthusiastic and mature young man. it will be nice to see this program through a "young" persons perspective. LADIES>> i am not implying we are all old chicks...but noone has stated yet they were 18!! not that i have seen anyways. good luck on your journey josh, you will need support when separated from your family during the next 4 months. does this include christmas as well??
Old 11-04-2009, 08:47 AM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrab View Post
i am 43.

i think it is going to be both inspiring and interesting to following josh's progress / story. sound like both a very enthusiastic and mature young man. it will be nice to see this program through a "young" persons perspective. LADIES>> i am not implying we are all old chicks...but noone has stated yet they were 18!! not that i have seen anyways. good luck on your journey josh, you will need support when separated from your family during the next 4 months. does this include christmas as well??

Yes =( it includes both thanksgiving and christmas which is going to be SUPER hard.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #67  

Hi,
I'm a newbie and will have my IP appt tomorrow and will start Friday, 11/6/09. I'm so excited and have read all the post. You all are such an inspiration. I've been married for 16 years and have three children 14, 10, and 8. I have about 60 lbs to lose.

Kay
Old 11-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #68  

Josh,

Where can we follow your blog?
Old 11-04-2009, 09:56 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 209/173/165

I am 35 year old. A 3.2 lb loss this morning, so not the plateau I was expecting! In the last two days I slammed water and upped my exercise. The scale shows it was fat loss which was my concern with drinking so much water. Carry on! :-)
Old 11-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #70  

I am 41.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:01 AM   #71  

S/C/G: S225/C192/G160

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Hi I'm new to this posting thing so I'm really sure how it works but I want everyone to know how excited I am about ideal protein! for the first time I am actually losing weight and fell good while doing it. I could really use some new ideas for the veggies though. I have lost almost twenty pounds in four weeks and even made it through Canadian thanks Giving! I am 47 and have struggled with my weight for most of my adult life. I had to have a knee replacement at 46 and realized that my weight was agravating my problems and slowing my healing. Since starting this program all of the swelling has gone out of my knee for the first time in over a year and I finally feel like I can do this!

Last edited by vallygirl; 11-04-2009 at 10:07 AM. Reason: my spelling is terrible
Old 11-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 209/173/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallygirl View Post
I have lost almost twenty pounds in four weeks and even made it through Canadian thanks Giving!
Awesome job! That is a really terrific loss!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:06 AM   #73  

Gosh, I am just so depressed over putting on almost 10 pounds in the last few weeks. Have no handle on this AGAIN. Am trying to get back on this web site and learn, learn, learn. In the evenings I am so messed up and just eat, eat, eat. Glad to be back here. I was on this website a lot when I lost the weight before.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:14 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

I probably have said my age a hundred times...but I am 62!! (but starting to feel younger by the day....I was an "old" 62 for the past 2 years). It is VERY encouraging to see women in their 40's, 50's and 60's on here. It certainly does get harder as we get older...but I am so impressed with IP...because age really doesn't seem to matter.

Ottawa -- I never heard that about the lemon juice or sea salt bath...wish I had known. I just suffered! Personal note here -- the 2 days after the weekend I cheated were awful (was yours, Sandrab??). Almost like going thru it all over again. A VERY good reason for me not to cheat!!

Josh...this is going to be exciting for all of us. Was highschool hard for you? Kids can be so cruel. I had the opposite problem in HS...I was TOO skinny! (hard to believe that now!). I was 5'7" -- and 93 lbs. I was called a human zipper (ya know..if I stuck my tongue out I looked like a zipper)...and many other things! I will be alone for Thanksgiving, too. I was alone last year, too....but I "planned" my day out before. I made some cool food...got a movie I wanted to see....made a pair of pajamas...I ended up actually looking forward to the day. I plan to do the same this year.....

So...I have been sitting here staring at my chart from the doctor...and still can't believe it. They gave me a chart of my measurements, BMI, etc. No wonder my clothes don't fit. I lost 5" in my hips, 4" in my waist and my percentage of fat went from 42% to 37.8%. I think I am gonna frame it.

I start my day with this forum...and I end my day with this forum. It helps to keep me on track.

Welcome newbies! Can I ask a question of you all? How did you find out about IP? General search on the internet? Friends that were on it? Cruising the 3 fat chicks website? (I am generally nosey....I only knew about IP because my doctor decided to distribute it...otherwise, I have NO idea how I would have found out about it!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #75  
Bumpy McPickles

S/C/G: 265/265/165

Height: 6'1"

Had my consult and rec'd my IP Products this morning - Starting on Monday the 9th... the goal 100 pounds (29yrs old)
Closed Thread