Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 7/8-7/14

You're on Page 12 of 12
Go to
View Poll Results: The 4th of July is now gone, so just how did you do with staying OP?
I stayed OP 100%, no cheating here!
18.75%
I cheated a little during one meal, then back on track for me!
15.63%
I cheated a lot during one meal, then back on track for me!
3.13%
I cheated the entire day, but next day, I was back on track!
3.13%
I cheated the 4th and at least 1 or more days to follow, but back on track now!
18.75%
I feel like road kill, the wagon went over me, but today, I'm back on track!
15.63%
Help, I've fallen and I can't get up! I need an appt. at the DD!
12.50%
I plead the 5th, I'm not confessing to anything, you can't make me!
3.13%
OP, I haven't been OP since before the 4th, but today, I vow to change that!
6.25%
I just started SB, so none of this stuff pertains to me!
3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll
  • ROSALIE, ROSALIE, ROSALIE!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! I'm sending you lots of hugs for your special day. Hope you get to spend it doing something you love or with someone you love. You are such a wonderful person. I feel blessed to know you. DON'T EAT CAKE!!!!! Put some candles in some fruit, but wish fast.

{{{{{{{BIRTHDAY HUGS}}}}}}}}}
    Kim
  • Good Morning! Trying to get woke up here!

Deb, of course we are being lazy bums and sleeping on today. What else would you expect after a night on the town and getting in at 2am! Just want you to know that Tranquil and I stayed completely legal with our eating and only had diet cokes to drink. We behaved very nicely. Geez, who wouldn't with getting a call from the DM herself as we were on our way to the beach! It was great to talk to you and put a voice to go with that pretty face I've seen in all those pics on the board. Can't wait for our visit to your house. Thanks for giving us a hint for what is really in store. Now we can make some secret plans to combat the DM and her unwitting assistant!

Well, got to get my coffee so my brain can get in gear! Be back in a while.

Take care,
    Wendy
  • Good Sunday Morning! Ooops Afternoon!
    Hi All:

Well there is proof to the pudding that you can go out at night with all the other fun people who are living it up and eat right and stay 100% OP = just ignore the looks and sarcasm from the servers when you order ANOTHER Diet Coke!

I have been up for awhile, but not moving fast. I am proud to say that I am going to the gym today to ride the bike for some exercise, and I am sending an invitation to Serene to bring a hound for a walk before tonight's first Big Brother evening. Our tv stations had a big switchover and we have not seen any episodes yet - they are playing three tonight...and then we will be caught up - I am making a Cobb Salad for dinner and Serving Iced Tea with Splenda.....there is Sugar Free, Fat Free Blue Bunny Ice Cream made with Splenda in my freezer for tonight's dessert as well Anyone wants to come over, you are invited, hahaha - I know it will be quite a drive - well, Slaphappy it is not too far for you!!!!

I am looking forward to a weekend at the Detox Dungeon. I imagine it will be full of fun and laughs! I am going to save money for shopping for bargains, and Deb has said that she is close to my favorite store in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!! SEPHORA!!!!!! Wahooo!!!!! Yahoooo!!!!! Deb I cannot wait for you to take us to your stores, and I like bargain hunting as well, but I know Serene really loves a good bargain!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSALIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quilter - That is too funny about the icing - I could picture it so well!!! Big Chuckle from over here!!!!

Mercy - Ughhh, boys and laundry - I just have one and that is bad enough

Tree - I am so glad I am not alone with the liking for Popcorn, I think I will take your idea and just get the small bag, rather than the largest one they have - hahahahahaa!!!!

Well, all I have to get going so I can get out of here before the impending thunderstorm hits my part of Jacksonville. I can hear it on the river - boom boom - and the dog is not too happy either!

have a good Sunday, relax, and enjoy!!!!

Sabrina
  • Sunday afternoon and all is well!
    Hello Everyone! Happy Sunday to you all!

I’m going to try and get caught up. I just hope I can remember where I left off on all my responses to you.

SERENE---2 a.m.?????? You go girl!!! I would be curled up in the back seat fast asleep if I were to go out with you all. Good job on staying OP while having fun. It certainly can be done! When we were at Panera Bread I got a turkey sandwich on sour dough. I hope that was right. I’m positive that sourdough has been mentioned on here as being legal. I only ate half of it and put the other half in the cooler in the car. But when we got done at JJ’s, I thought the sandwich felt too warm, so I pitched it. So I really only had one thick slice of sour dough. Kimmy had a salad with all sorts of fruit on top of it. Come on up for salmon and sweet taters anytime you want. And bring your cohort in crime with you! We can sit out on the deck and you can tell stories of the detox dungeon! LOL I told Paul you liked his idea so much that you were thinking of using it. I think he’s getting the big head. And he’s also started watching Hometime on TLC. Lord help us all. I may have created a monster. Talk on about your furkids. I love dogs and love hearing about other people’s.

DEB----Let’s hope those “honeys” like the hot, sweaty type! I can’t even imagine putting forth that kind of effort in that kind of heat and humidity. Good going! BTW, did you smile or were you having that Home Depot parking lot look on your face????? This detox dungeon thing is getting serious. I’m glad I’m WAY up here in OH. LOL Glad to know Eli snapped back into his senses and left you another voicemail. That’s a hard situation to be in. I’m sure that stupid time difference makes it hard, but he really should be in communication.

TREE---Oh my gosh, I love Filemaker Pro. I started using it about 10 years ago and found it so simple to use. Where I used to work, we had the print jobs schedule on a FP database. Then my hubby found it to be really easy to manipulate. So he’s done some amazing things with it. We are going to try and transfer the Access DB over to Filemaker if we can ever afford to get a a multiple user license. Being a non-profit we have to really plan ahead for everything. I hope you like your new database and that you are amazed with how user friendly it is. It’s so cool to be able to make different layouts within the same file. I even type letters in the db file and make them a layout. Then I can do simple mail merges through that instead of word. Good luck! Thanks for the tip on the ginger. I’ve never tried that. We don’t have Citra here. Is it high caffeine. There’s a pop in KY called Ale 8 and it’s supposed to be loaded with caffeine. Ever heard of that one?

Hey, BOB, where do you keep finding these North and South miniseries? I don’t think we have that station on our cable.

FLYGIRL---I’m so happy to hear that your DH continues to lose. In this case (only) I think it’s a good thing t hat men lose faster and easier than women. Wait till he gets down to the 200 mark, then he’ll really be a “convert.” My dh told me that at the doctor’s this week, it showed that he had lost 6 pounds in just a couple of months. Then last night he told me that he only had one plate of food at the cookout. That’s good for him. And he was telling the sizes of all his portions. Little circle of potato salad, little serving of beans. We’ll get to him yet, too. Hey, I hadn’t heard that theory about green kitchens subsiding your appetite. But I LIKE it and want to believe that it’s the absolute truth. Do you think that’s what is making DH’s portions get under control??? Couldn’t possibly be my cooking! LOL

TRANQ---Hope you had a great day yesterday. From SERENE’s report, it sounds like you did. I’m so proud of you all for sticking to your commitment to be 100% this weekend. That’s truly awesome. Did I tell you that you remind me of someone, but I can’t think who it is? When I saw your pic from a few weeks ago, I had a “blast from the past” type moment. You didn’t go to college in TN did you??? Also, please read my respond to JACK-K below. We have a request of you. Thanks, hon!

JRED---Enjoy your weekend of reading. I LOVE those weekends. Hope you make it through those storms okay.

MUSIC---Sorry, but I can’t help you with the wallpaper dilemma. I’ve only had experience ripping it off the walls. Hope you get an answer! Call the company who made it. You might end up with some free wallpaper!

MERCY---Congrats on the new treadmill!!! How exciting for you and what a nice surprise!!!

JACK-K---I didn’t use measurements when I made that vinegar/mustard/dill concoction. I think TRANQ gave me measurements on the chat Tuesday, but I closed the window before I thought to copy that part off. Perhaps she will share them again. And YES, we will include you the next time we get together. Perhaps we can schedule something in November when BKM comes back up from FL. She’s wonderful and you all will love her.

GRACIOUS---I know what kind of cupboards you are talking about. They have a sort of shallow pull-out drawer type thing that you can put everything on. I always said that if I were to really re-do a kitchen from scratch I would have all sorts of sizes of drawers in the bottom cabinets. Huge ones for casserole dishes and little ones for aluminum foil. I think doors on the lower cabinets is totally useless. You lose a ton of space that could be put to good use with drawers.

ZANNE---How’s your detoxing going? Hope the TOM hasn’t caused you problems with eating or anything else. YOUR kitchen sounds wonderful. I love navy and white!!!! And I love wainscotting. By leaving your trim natural you added another less dominant color. Sounds great!!! I know what you mean about having a “picture” in your head and not being happy about it until you get it right. That’s why I decided not to paint my countertops at the moment, because I couldn’t get my hand to do what my brain saw!

Okay, well I went back to page 8 and think I hit everyone. If somebody said something to me and I ignored you, please know it wasn’t intentional. And tell me again and I’ll get back to you. Feels good to be caught up with you all. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. I’m on my way upstairs to work on my kitchen curtains. Paul has the digital camera from work this weekend. So I’m hopefully going to take some pictures of that and the deck. If I get that done I will post a link tomorrow where you can go to see them.

Catch you all on the flip side.
    Kim
  • AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!!

Cloudy, but no rain yet over here on the SW COAST OF FLA...but it's H....O....T!!!!
    My car is in the shop, so I'm driving a 1981 TOYOTA COROLA...air isn't worth a toot, so I've been burning up everywhere I go! Not much to look at, but it gets me where I need to go!
    Found some really good bargains at the grocery today...and at
    PUBLIX to boot! THey NEVER have any good buys! BEAUTIFUL chuck roasts for $1.99 lb BING cherries for $1.49 lb (bought $8.54 worth! ) boneless chicken breast for $1.99 lbs (for the freezer)
    I'm baking a squash casserole right now, then will put in one of the roast when it's done..that way, we'll have supper around 5:30 or 6 p.m. Skeeter sure has been sniffing around in the kitchen..

KIM...NORTH and SOUTH is on HALLMARK channel..I love it and watch it every time it's on...getting to be like the GODFATHER..I can actually recite what they are going to say!
    I can't find it on video or I would already have it...

TRANQUIL...SERENE....you two are brave souls ...LOOKING FORWARD TO THE DETOX DUNGEON???? Step lively when you come thru the front door...if the skeeters don't get you, the shackles automatically lock around your ankles when you hit that first tile...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSALIE!!!!! Have a big ole day!

Well, it's laundry day over here...so I'll see everyone later...

BOB
  • HiedieHo All!!

Just got in from church. A very dreary day, but we can't complain we do need the rain. Of course arthur isn't too happy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSALIE!!!!!!

SERENE: Too bad I can't teach you to stitch. I loved to teach crafts and when my patients or friends would "get it", I was always as happy as they were. I'm trying to figure out a way to make Southern Comfort legal!! As I've said before the NH residents love the jokes, especially the naughty ones! Sort of the idea of snow on the roof and fire in the cellar! They never shock me with their remarks, I think over the years I've heard, and seen, everyhting! I could tell stooooories!!

BUTTERFLY: when did you get time to read the posts?!? I guess you had to breathe some time! Glad it was with us!

TREE: You're right about the beauty of AZ. It would just take some getting used to and a week isn't long enough. I enjoyed going into the mountains outside of Tucson the views and cave were spectacular. I thought the Flagstaff area was gorgeous! But if I had my druthers, I'd be back in Milford. LA doesn't have much scenery, it's so flat. Although if you go up north it's like a different country. I have never seen NSA Ragu. Every type has sugar added according to the label. I didn't know they made a NSA sauce. One of their Pizza Sauce flavors does not have sugar, alsthough it's not sold as a NSA product.

DEB: There are things that will help those sweats but you may have to go to a DOCTOR to get them. My dil went to a garage sale yesterday and bought two sdorable baby OshKosh outfits that were like new for .50 each. There is a young unwed mother-to-be in their church, who has no money etc., so she bought them for her. Deb, you couldn't get through to Eli, did you every think maybe he couldn't get through to you either?

QUILT: The hostess with the mostest!!! A regular Pearl Mesta. I guess you didn't love that icing or you would have swallowed! How quick you were to catch yourself, shows there is hope that we can become more aware of our old instincts and over come them!

Going to go put my feet up a bit.

Shirley
  • Quilter & Jack-K -

I will try to help with the spread/marinade I put on the salmon

1 Tablespoon of Dijon

1 Tablespoon of Balsamic Vinegar - now just add more vinegar to what you need - you can add olive oil as well - and you can make it into a salad dressing too......

if you dont have vinegar - you can use lemon juice and olive oil with the dijon mustard too.....

Very healthy.....
  • Hey All

Just got home from city hopping. I was able to get the shoes in a 7 1/2. Okay, don't laugh, but these are the 4th pair of the same shoes! I love these shoes They're MUDD'S and they are so comfortable, I've walked miles in these shoes. They don't even wear down that much either. Today's pair makes it 3 pairs of black and I have one in brown

I was empowered today at the mall. This guy offered me a sample of a soft pretzel, said no thank you Went to Walmart, giving out samples of the new Chip's A Hoy cookie, another no thank you! It was interesting as I was standing in line to pay and the person in front of me had these mega bottles of Hawaiin Punch. I was reading the label and thought, YUCK! First water, then corn syrup and 2% or less of the following, which is juice. How can someone drink that (no offense to anyone who buys this stuff).

SERENE & TRANQUIL, was nice to talk to you, you both sound so bubbly and fun! I can't wait to meet you both in just a matter of a few weeks. Glad you had a good time last night. It is wonderful to realize you CAN have a good time, go out on the town and stay totally SB LEGAL. You gals gotta tell me if you want me to order you any WW pita bread when you come down. If BOB comes she wants 4. It's the best and you can freeze it when you get home, so just let me know if you want me to order you any. It's going to be a fun packed weekend If you behave there will be no DD consequences and more time for fun, but if you get outta line.........I'll just let your imagination run rampant

QUILTER, loved talking to you today! Made the drive to the mall a lot more pleasant. Umm, nope, didn't smile, but did say good morning as I do to everyone that looks pleasant I'm just praying they didn't get a whiff of me as I ran by! When I get home, gosh, do I smell awful, it's like an ammonia smell to me, very odd.

BOB, good talking to you last night! How the heck did you escape the rains today - we didn't 28 out of 28 days and counting.

SEF, too bad you can't come here to the garage sales-you should see the baby stuff they give away! I've bought BABY DIOR items for .50 cents! Stuff with tags still on them, bargains galore! That's nice your DD that for that girl. Are you defending the old fart? Nope, he can get me a msg easy via the computer, I think the reason I can't reach him is the card I bought sucks! Can't even get through to the customer service number. I may have to take it back to the store and hope they'll give me another one. He'll be home soon anyhow, so I can just plan on giving him an earful then. Doctor, what's that??? LOL!!!

Well ladies, I think I'm once again caught up. I'm going to go and start a load of whites and then decide what I want to make for dinner, salmon, basa or eggplant. I think the salmon will win out for tonight, basa tomorrow for lunch (that's a fish btw) and eggplant something for dinner.

Have a great evening!

Debbie
    194/126/129
    SB since 3/22/00
    Reached gaol 6/10/01
  • EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Just checking in before I get settled for the evening. Had supper
    and man was it good! I used a different cheese in my squash this time and it really made a difference! For those of you who fix this casserole...use your cheese of choice..today I used a 6 cheese blend. YUMMY!!!

DEB...I enjoyed our chat last night as well. Salmon sounds good, I've got some in the freezer and should really use it. What kind of fish is Basa?

SERENE..TRANQUIL...be sure to get some of this pita..it is truly the best..I have a ME store here and they have good bread, but nothing beats this! AND if it's snack time when we get to the store, they also have great falafal and you must have some!

OK...I'm off to wash didies then I'll be through and can climb up in the old 4 poster and relax..
    Everyone have a good evening!

BOB
  • HiedieHo All!!

DEB: Every old fart is entitled to legal representation. Seems to me you said you were able to send him emails! Yeah, blame it on the card! You're talking third world here, service ain't the best. You'll be so glad to see him, you should forget to rant! What kind of fish is Basa? And no, all fish are not created equal!

Gee, not much doing is there?

Shirley
  • I spent the day selling programs at a huge racetrack today. It's the Chicagoland Raceway and the Tropicana 400 was there. I'm not into racing, but 75,000 people are. The crowds and traffic are overwhelming, but we are raising money for our local Catholic grade school.

I'm leaving for Quebec City on Wednesday to visit my daughter who is up there studying French. I'm a little nervous about changing planes in Montreal. I haven't spoken French since high school.
    Deb-Yes, I did attend a taping of the Oprah show. It was a Christmas gift from hubby. Although the tix are free, he made all the arrangements. They are hard to get. We went in November. I was hoping it would be her famous Christmas shopping show in which she shows the audience what she's discovered in the past year, and then everyone in the audience gets one too!

Gracious-I'm afraid to take the online IQ test. Afraid of the results I guess.
  • Getting ready for bed and thought I'd get in a quickie...

BOB, basa is a fish from Vietnam. From what I could find out about it it's similar to catfish they say. I don't know, I think I've eaten catfish once. It's a white fish, very mild. I tried to from WD one time, saw it today for $1.98 a pound at Walmart, so decided to buy it. The salmon came out wonderful using the ME spices - remember, I asked him to bring home some for you too!

SEF, see my message to BOB above about the fish. Geez, like you need to take on ANOTHER job? Now you want to legal represent him, don't you ever quit??? Did I tell you I loved all the FF you posted? You must keep everyone you know in stiches!!!

GYM, hope your organization made a lot of money volunteering. I did the same for Michael's school, we worked the NASDAQ 100 Tennis Tournament. I hate tennis, but didn't have to do anything but sell overpriced junk to those who do love the game. I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip to Canada, be on the look out for some good SB LEGAL chocolates there, if you are so inclined. Would love to get to Montreal soon-they have the best ME grocery store there, not to mention Eli's sister and family That's pretty cool about the Oprah show-what was the topic. Too bad it wasn't the Xmas show-that would be extra cool

Okay, I'm off to lala land!!!

Nite!

Debbie
  • HiedieHo All!!

DEB: Why quit? I ain't dead just slowed down a little!! I like funnies. I read somewhere it takes all the muscles in your face to frown, but only 13 to smile. Being naturally lazy, I smile!!!!! If you don't look on the bright side, why look? You can' see anything in the dark!!! Should I have saved that for MM?!? LOL Thanx for fish info.

GD returned this evening. She said she was stopped three times and searched! 17 y/o girls must look suspicious!! At the door of the plane they held up the line to search her! I wonder why, she's clean cut kid, not scruffy, just an ordinary girl!........Well, as ordinary as she can be considering she's my GD and is wonderful, smart. cute.....shall I go on?

Nite all,
    Shirley