TBL "FS4" - Blue Team Chat

You're on Page 5 of 61
Go to
  • Morning, Blue Team Hotties! I just wanted to check in. I still need to kick my butt into gear with exercising, but my eating has been OP for two days now and today's going to be day #3. I started out right this morning with breakfast, so I'm confident that the rest of the day will follow suit. Tonight, I'm headed to my hour-long cardio kickboxing class, which totally kicks my *** every time I'm there It's from 6-7, so by the time I'm back and settled back in, I'll be ready to watch The Biggest Loser at 8 (I'm super excited!).

Keep up the good work, ladies! Weigh-in Deadline is 6 days away, Let's make these last 6 days count!
  • Hi teammates,
    I've enjoyed reading about you. I already feel a connection and a determination to not let any of you down. Here's some more about me:

1. What would you like us to call you? Fit (Just positive thinking)

2. What eating plan are you using?You on a Diet and Superfoods

3. What do you do for exercise? Fitness Videos

4. What is one area you struggle with? At first it was eating breakfast but after 3 months I have that one down. Yea! Now it's night time snacking and getting up early to exercise.

5. Tell us something about yourself that you are most proud of...and it cant be kids or family. Lately, I'm proud of my new skill of making myself do things that I don't want to do. If I keep it up I think it will change my life in all areas.

6. Where are you from? *optional* Virginia

7. What is your FS4 challenge goal? To get somewhere in the 220's

Can't wait for tonights show. Wish we were all really there, but this is the next best thing.
  • Rhonda, I cook my steel cut oats in the microwave every morning for 4 minutes. Am I doing something wrong -cause everyone else seems to precook theirs or soak them overnight. I do a 1/4 of a cup steel cut oats (the new quaker oats ones) a tablespoon of wheat germ, a tablespoon of ground flax seed, some chopped walnuts, and these super sweet frozen cheeries from Trader Joes. It is so sweet I don't need to add any sweeteners. Tastes almost like a cherry cobbler. On Fit Day this shows around 320 cal and 10 fiber grams. Great way to start the morning and keeps my blood sugar normal all day. No uncontrollable cravings like I use to have.
  • Quote: Rhonda, I cook my steel cut oats in the microwave every morning for 4 minutes. Am I doing something wrong?
    Hi. No, I wouldn't say you're doing anything wrong, its just a matter of individual taste and convenience. I like my steel cut oatmeal a little bit softer. I use Bob's Red Mill Steelcut Oats. I cook one cup of oats with 3 cups of water and one cup of fat-free half & half with 1 tsp of vanilla extract. I usually cook these overnight in the crockpot on Sunday, then refrigerate them to use each morning during the week. I microwave a 1/2 cup portion with a dab of Lite Smart Balance spread. Yum Yum. With two slices of turkey bacon, I get my morning started off on the right foot.
  • Morning Ladies Got my walk in this morning, 2.5 miles and feel great!
    Hey I'm glad I read how to cook those oats as I bought some, the same as yours Rhonda, and cooked them in the microwave and boy what a mess it made. so I will definitely try the slow cooker method this weekend.
    I'm excited to watch TBL tonight. Has anyone bought the little planner that's at the grocery store check out? They had one last year and I saw one the other day and picked it up and started writing in it yesterday. I figure it could only help me more stay on track with things.
    Well I need to go make up my buckets, I'm working tomorrow so I won't check in til tomorrow evening.
    Have a fantabulous OP day ladies. I'll try to check in later tonight after TBL.
  • Good morning everyone!

About to get them ready to go to the doc. Been up since 7 and did some jogging in place and walking on the treadmill so I will have some steps under my belt b4 we even go. Hope to hit my normal steps today. (I used to walk 10,000 steps a day but I found I literally just didn't have the time to do that every day without getting up even more early. I love my sleep. So now I hit 10k when I can.)

Eating watermelon for breakfast. I love it. And when they go out of season I'm so saaaaaaaaaad!!!!!

Hope you all have a great day!! It's Biggest Loser premier nite! Woohoo!!! I have my DVR set and will start watching about 20 minutes in just so I can fast forward thru commercials. Someone else here had said they like to do that too. LOL. It's great, huh?

Bye for now!!!
  • First things first:

Morning Ladies!

Your fearless leader is finally coherent (I was out of bed by 7 but just coming around!) and I'm stacked for another full day of invoicing! Woo hoo I tell ya! I woke up later this morning than yesterday so I didn't get to pack my chef's salad for lunch or make my half frozen water bottle. My water intake is going to stink before lunch! Ah but lunch is only an hour and thirty minutes away so I think I'll survive. I keep hopping on the scale every morning hoping the numbers will be heading in a downward trend but alas they remain the same. I just want to know I'm making progress I guess. Maybe it's because I don't get a chance to exercise? Who knows...

Where's my coffee bath when I need it... I'm starting to feel sleepy again.

I missed The Hills last night on MTV so I think I'm kind of bummed about that. Plus having to eat dinner at 9 to 10 pm stinks too. All because of school, I'm so ready to be finished with that stuff. Sad thing is if I change to the bachelor's program I'll be there another 2 years. I think I'm going to start going home before I go to class so I can eat dinner about 5:30 to 6 then be able to have my last snack about 8:30 to 9. I usually goto bed about 11:30 to 12 am so it'll give it plenty of time to do it's thing before I lay down.

Don't forget that tonight Biggest Loser is on for TWO hours and the fun starts at 8:00 pm est/ 7:00 ct! Unfortunately I will miss the first half but I hope to be home for the second half! It looks like a lot of the people this season are close to Eric's size from last season. I'm really interested so I'm making sure to DVR it.

Well I have to finish invoicing so I'll be back later!
  • good morning everyone.

After a bad night sunday night, I totally redeemed myself yesterday. I even managed to run 5.5 miles, which is insane for me. I'm used to just doing 3. But I just felt so good after 3 I felt like I could run forever.

I'd say I'd definetly back on track and ready to tackle this competiton. Today has promise too. It's my lifting day but I have a volleybll match so I think I will wait until after the match before attempting to lift. It all works in the end, as long as I'm doing something. And do something I will.
  • Quote: I have decided to start making a new list Sunday nights before turning in. This list will include Monday through Thursday (Fridays are my break day and for relaxing) and a chore I want to accomplish for each day. If i can do one thing each day I won't have such a heavy task on the weekends and the house won't get too out of order
    I totally hear ya. It's so easy to come home from work, make some dinner, and then veg in front of the TV or with a book. I, too, need to realise that the house isn't going to clean itself, and start taking more responsibility for the daily cleanup.

It gets so overwhelming when it's left, that when I have a whole day, I just can't get started. I think I'll steal your list idea, and see if that helps me chip away at it, day by day.
  • Good morning ladies! Holy cow, it took me 20 min. to just read the posts, and I was just on here yesterday! Okay so I am totally ready to have a great week. My eating has been in check for days now and my exercise has been good, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I have a good weigh-in! I am super excited to watch the Biggest Loser tonight. I have my season pass all set up and baby tivo is just waiting to record it! I love tivo! It sounds like everyone is doing great this week. I went to visit my sons class yesterday and ended up having to trace 200 ducks. I had nightmares of ducks attacking me last night! It was nice to see him interact with his class though, and let me tell ya he is the little mack of the class! I was able to talk with his speech teacher and she said he is doing great! I was really happy to hear that! Today I am going to my MIL's for a visit and then its the gym this afternoon. Dinner tonight is leftovers...YES....and then tonight is kids in bed and me and the biggest loser. My husband goes to the gym in the evening so this is going to work out nicely...he really isn't into the biggest loser Well that is about it for me ladies! Let's continue keeping this motivation up and kick some butt this week!

Azure- Great job with staying O.P. That is something I struggle with big time! Have a fun time tonight at kickboxing That is something I have always wanted to try!

Selina- O.P. for 16 days.... I know what you mean about people eating junk in front of you! It stinks! About water...I bought a 32oz container that I fill twice a day, I love water though! Don't you just love TIVO...I don't think I could live without it!

Chelle- Great job girl staying O.P. Oh girl...I love love love The Hills....can you catch the re-run of it. It was sooo good last night! Hang in there with school hun...

Fit- That oatmeal sounds yummy!

Sara- Thank you for comment about my son. It is sometimes so hard to deal with, but knowing other people are going through it helps. Like you said we wouldn't trade them for anything!

Liz-Taking care of a house while working full time is hard work. I think your plan is great though. I find if I do a little each day it helps it not seem so overwhelming! Great job on getting your exercise done!

Christine- A 5 mile run...holy cow I would die! Great job! Have a good game tonight...I love volleyball...I suck at it but I love it all the same!

Dea- Great job on the longer jog!

Rhonda- I'm going to try that steel cut oatmeal!

Cathy-Great job on getting your walk done...I'm going to look for that planner!

Have a fantastic Tuesday ladies!
  • Thanks Rhonda, I'm glad to know I'm not zapping all of the nutrients out of my oatmeal when I nuke it. I'll have to try slow cooking it someday to see if I like it better. I use water instead of milk but have also been wanting to try unsweetened almond milk. To avoid spill overers I microwave it for 2 minutes and then stir everything up then nuke it for 2 more-no mess!

Also forgot to post my Hot for Halloween goal which is to be in the 230's by Halloween. I've been OP for two days now and want to stay that way through the end of the week. Would love to keep going and do as well as some of you!
  • This is a busy place!!!
    I just have a few minutes.....we have a plumber coming to hook up our ice dispenser on our fridge (that we got last Xmas!!) Better late than never! I won't catch much of the show tonight. My oldest son has hockey try-outs, and then I need to put my crew to bed for the night.
    Good news....I am down a few pounds for the week....can't wait to post them next Monday!
    Keep on having a great week blue team!!
  • I did really good today; got a good 30 mins of exercise and have stayed on plan all day. I am really feeling good!! We are going to really kick some red team butt!
  • Awesome job, ZD! I did 30 minutes on the treadmill....boy, am I out of shape! My legs feel weak. It wasnt quite the BGL workout that has them puking and laying around on the ground, but its a start!
  • Hey, Beautiful Blues! I just finished an hour-long cardio kickboxing class at the gym. My Heart Rate Monitor says I burned *drumroll* 724 calories! My heart rate was REALLY up there the whole time and I was sweating like you wouldn't believe! I have that class twice a week

My eating was 100% On Plan today and exercise was pumped! What an awesome way to start the first episode of TBL for the season!! Tuning in in 35 minutes--going to go make an Atkins-friendly snack to much on while I'm watching!