Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 01-01-2010, 10:58 AM   #1  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

Cool Preggo in January :)

aangel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #2  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

Happy New Year. I have one more Holiday/ Birthday party today and that will be fun I think. Actually interesting is going to be a better word to use. Well the cookies are now in the garbage the are a week old or older and very stale. I hate being pregnant over the holidays because it seems like everyone is always giving me food no matter what I say. Sorry for being so random this morning.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #3  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Happy New Year ladies!

I started off the new year with a gallstone attack this morning, ouch! At some point after this babe is born I'm thinking my gallbladder may need to come out. These gallstone attacks hurt worse than labor, if labor had felt that bad then I would have gladly given birth in the hospital with an epidural.
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:10 PM   #4  
Starting Over...

I know what you mean about being pregnant over the holidays. I really overdid it last week, but since the 27th I have been completely on plan. I am actually really proud of myself. It annoys the heck out of me when people tell me I need to eat more to have a healthy baby. I am eating 2,000 calories a day, exactly what my dr recommended, but this isn't enough for my MIL. She told me my baby isn't going to be healthy because I didn't eat enough today. I just replied that I did eat quite a lot today, but she doesn't understand. She is obese and really hasn't stuck to any diet or exercise regimen. I have invited her to WW with me when I went, but she never came even though she would tell me she would like to do that. She is convinced that no diet (not in the fad diet sense) works and that everyone that goes on a diet ends up gaining it all back. It drives me nuts. She really can't tell me my baby is not healthy. The ultrasound was perfect. UGH. Sorry about the vent!
Anyway...
Kestrel, I hope your gallbladder problems cease! Mine was really inflamed around 12/13 weeks and luckily it went away. No stones though. My soon to be SIL just had hers removed last week. I just wouldn't want to have surgery while pregnant!
Old 01-02-2010, 12:31 AM   #5  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Such a drag about the gall stones kestrel! I hope it all holds off until after baby makes it's appearance.

I'm still dealing with all the emotions of finding out I'm pregnant. Lots of ups and downs... I'll be glad when it all finally sinks in.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:32 PM   #6  
Slowly but surely

I had lots of mixed emotions too, Gale02. We were stopping after #2, then I got pregnant with #3 while I was on the pill. DH has been waffling about a vasectomy (because, in his words, he's never had surgery before) and were trying to avoid when we got pregnant unexpectedly with #4. It was definitely a big surprise!
Old 01-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #7  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies...still pregnant. I hope that everyone had a very nice holiday. Ours was action packed and busy, but so much fun. I finally got out all the baby stuff (basinett, swing, car seat, clothes) and got them ready in case the baby decides to make its appearance. I was having some pretty good contractions on Saturday, but they died down and nothing since.

Has anyone heard from 4myself or did I just miss the post - I think she was scheduled for her c-section on the 28th???

kestrel - gall bladder attaches suck! I had them starting at 26 weeks with my first pregnancy and they were BAD! I had my gall bladder removed when he was 2 weeks old and no other problems since. They told me to eat a bland diet, but honestly nothing really helped and I just kind of had to suffer through it. Good luck!

Gale - as you know I was a total ball of emotions when I found out about this baby. I was in total shock and awe...I still feel like that somedays. It is hard for me to fathom having another baby since Johnathon is still so much of a baby himself. I am sure you will be just fine and it will start to sink in more once you have your dr appt and due date and stuff. I am so excited for you!

Everyone take care!

Last edited by lovinlifex2; 01-04-2010 at 02:12 PM.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

hey ladies! can i join you? i just found out yesterday that i am pregnant with my first (only about 4 weeks now) and i am SO excited and can't wait to hear everyone's stories and get advice...

first question: when did you all start gaining? how many weeks in?

thanks!
skinnywish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:22 PM   #9  
Starting Over...

skinnywish: Congrats! Every pregnancy and every woman is different. My first I seemed to gain right away and gained 60+ lbs altogether. I had preeclampsia and terrible stretchmarks. I also ate terribly and didn't really watch my weight at that time (except when the dr's office weighed me, but they never told me what I should do about it and I guess I was too dumb and young back then to really ask about it at 19). My second I didn't gain anything until the 2nd trimester. I had already started out bigger than I did with the first, about 30 lbs. I only gained 25 with him and no new stretchmarks (my first took care of that!). This pregnancy I really did awful with my cravings and just finally got control of it after Christmas. I'm 22 weeks and gained about 14 lbs. Started gaining right away. I lost a lot of weight over the last year and when I started feeling ill I stopped exercising and I had stopped WW because we couldn't afford it. Then found out I was pregnant and thought I wasn't really allowed to "diet". I finally got somebody to tell me how many calories I should be getting because everyone else was against it. They told me 2,000-2,200, but I'm sticking closer to 2,000 since I gained so much so fast. Anyway, sorry that is probably more info than you were looking for! (but hopefully it helps a bit)

As for now, I just had a dr appt and they told me the results of my ultrasound that I had the other week. Baby is good, no sign of abnormalities, but the placenta is really low and close to the cervix. They want to recheck it 2/5. My dr is a little worried about placenta previa. Please pray, if you do, that it will move and go where it belongs. I really don't want to have to get a c-section and I don't want to worry about problems that arise with this. I've never been told I had this before so I'm a bit shocked. Besides that, everything is good. Baby had a heartbeat of 140 and he's really been kicking me lately! He's pretty active.

*Oh, I just read over my ultrasound order and it also says "limited spinal views" so please pray that everything is okay with his spine! Apparently they didn't get all the views they needed. This is all really freaking me out.

Last edited by aangel22; 01-04-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:12 PM   #10  
Slowly but surely

Congrats, skinnywish! I'm not sure about the weight gain, after my first pregnancy I stopped weighing myself during pregnancy. (My midwife is fine with this, and it's better for me mentally.)

angel - I hope everything is OK with your little one's spine! Are they going to do a followup ultrasound?
Old 01-04-2010, 09:14 PM   #11  

aangel - thanks so much for the response! i am just so impatient and want to know what's going to happen to my body...but I agree, every woman will be different. It's still fun to hear everyone else's experiences though! I will say a prayer for you and your babe! My sister had a placenta previa scare too (she is 5 months preg right now) but the placenta ended up moving, so there's hope!

A little background on me - I am 26, newly married this past March to my best friend, and this was our first time casually "trying" (not using birth control). As my sister told me "Holy crap, you're fertile" lol

Now, my biggest fear is miscarriage...both my older sisters miscarried their first babies, so here's hoping I break that trend...
Old 01-04-2010, 09:15 PM   #12  

kestrel - we posted at the same time! thanks for the congrats! i'm not sure if i could go the whole time without weighing...but all the power to ya!
Old 01-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Hi guys, I've been on this site for a while but thought I'd join the preggo section.

I'm 25 going on 26 (DH is 31) and this is our first human baby (we have a spoiled Shiba Inu dog), due date is June 3, 2010.

I'm in year 6 of maintenance (!), I went from around 155-160lbs @ 5'5 to about 118lbs @ 5'5 for about 5 years (pre-preggo weight). I'm now 132lbs. My bodyfat was fairly low when I conceived (I've transitioned into weight lifting for a few years, hoping to compete in figure/bodybuilding one day), so I needed the extra padding!

I have to admit, seeing the scale after 1 year of losing and then 5 years of maintaining is a little scary, but I hope to be on the ball after. I still exercise every day.

skinnywish~ I know your fear too, my mom gave birth to my stillborn brother at 7/8 months with "no known cause"(? - although this was 1980 so maybe now they would've known a cause), it is quite scary. Most of all, those things are usually not genetic, so pray for the best 1st trimester is so scary, I'm glad to be out of it.

Last edited by sacha; 01-05-2010 at 10:35 AM.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:49 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel View Post
Happy New Year ladies!

I started off the new year with a gallstone attack this morning, ouch! At some point after this babe is born I'm thinking my gallbladder may need to come out. These gallstone attacks hurt worse than labor, if labor had felt that bad then I would have gladly given birth in the hospital with an epidural.
Im with you they are horrible! i cant wait to give birth and have my gallbladder removed.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:53 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

As for the baby the doctor upped my due date from june 30 to june 12... he thinks i advanced faster than normal woman do and he doubts ill make it to a full 40 weeks or even 36... which is probably why all my kids are preemies.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote