Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 01-13-2010, 10:00 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnywish View Post
Gale-we are only a week apart! my due date is Sept 14. i went to the Dr last week just to confirm everything and my first prenatal appointment will be Feb 22. i'm not sure about my first ultrasound...i think up here we do the first around 18 weeks or so...
Hi skinnywish,

I'm in B.C. It's true, in Alberta and B.C. (apparently Ontario is different), you don't get your first ultrasound until 18-20 weeks. If you are considered low risk, that will also be your last one I had mine at 19 weeks recently, it's an agonizing wait but it's worth it I had one at 7 weeks actually too, but that was an emergency once since I had a bleed (baby is basically a fetal pole at that stage!)

Congrats!!
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:40 PM   #32  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

It's different for everyone here. My Dr does an early one to confirm due date. It's easier since they have an ultrasound tech and machine in the office.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #33  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Last night I was having some pretty hard contractions...they were hurting bad. It got me to thinking that maybe I am not quite ready for this baby to come out. It has only been a year since I went through labor last time, but I must have forgot why they call it labor - OUCH!
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:03 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale02 View Post
It's different for everyone here. My Dr does an early one to confirm due date. It's easier since they have an ultrasound tech and machine in the office.
They did they same thing for me! thats why they upped my due date
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:32 PM   #35  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Hi everyone

well I had my appt. today and my due date was pushed back 2 weeks to the 22 of May. Weight wise I am up to 203 that's 5 lbs from last appt. I am also trying to get back into catching up on fluid intake since I was sick yesterday.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:14 PM   #36  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

I've been MIA lately. I've just been preoccupied. My birthday was last Sunday and I was just completely depressed that morning. I just couldn't stop crying all morning. First of all I don't feel like I should be 25, but mostly because of the holidays and birthdays that I don't have my mom and dad involved in. We haven't really talked in over 2 1/2 years now and it really kills me during these times. Being pregnant doesn't help either with all the hormones. I ate horribly Sunday and Monday, I couldn't even check my weight because I was sure it was awful. Tuesday I got back on track and I checked my weight this morning, 189.2, so it isn't too bad I guess. I hate gaining weight but I know it is okay right now. I just still have a hard time seeing the weight going up after working so hard this past year to bring it down! Hopefully I won't have a hard time getting back on the weight loss train after having this little guy!

Oh, I also am getting set up with a nutritionist from our health insurance so help me with my eating and exercise. I hope this helps! I just get really bad with cravings and snacks. I've been snacking on Christmas stocking stuffers (Hershey Kisses and such ) I still keep it in pretty good moderation, but I still feel it is too much junk. My first appt (over the phone) is next Friday so we'll see!

Last edited by aangel22; 01-15-2010 at 02:20 PM.
aangel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #37  

I cried all day the other day as well lol
Old 01-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #38  
By God's Grace

My hormones have been way more out of control with this one than with the last one. I find I have to consciously stop myself from being a complete snot sometimes, I never had to do that before, I'm basically a nice person! I'm not one for living by my emotions, but that's proving to be pretty hard lately.

I'm also WAY more tired with this one than I remember being with the last one, but I think that's because I don't have the option of sleeping 16 hours per day this time around. Being pregnant and chasing other kids around is a lot harder than I thought it would be.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:53 PM   #39  

my emotions were so bad today that i got super upset and chopped my hair off :|
Old 01-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #40  
Starting Over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahjah1223 View Post
my emotions were so bad today that i got super upset and chopped my hair off :|
Aww, jahjah! I'm so sorry! I hope you are feeling better. How much did you take off?
Old 01-17-2010, 11:56 PM   #41  
By God's Grace

Did you chop it off yourself?!
Old 01-18-2010, 05:48 PM   #42  

haha yes! with kitchen scissors! i cutt off about 12 inches lol
Old 01-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

jahjah - oh no! at least you'll get a new look out of it? how did it turn out?

i am feeling sick as a dog these last couple of days. i think the morning sickness has kicked in full force. i'm also having a hard time not eating anything but junk food...good thing i'm taking my vitamins!
skinnywish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #44  
Starting Over...

Seems like two days every week I completely don't care what I eat. Every third Tuesday I go to a women's ministry/learning different dishes to cook/taste tasting every dish. So I really don't want to try to figure out calories for 5 or more different dishes and I just don't count it at all. I count all day until then. I don't know why I even bother! Then yesterday, I did well counting all day until suppertime. I used most of my calories on treats and cereal and only had about 435 left, should've been plenty but I decided to make a nice supper for the family. (Okay this may not sound remarkable, but lately it is the most I've put into a supper!) Lasagna skillet, baked potatoes, garlic bread, and green beans. I didn't measure out anything because I figured with the lasagna skillet and half a baked potato, I was already over! So I figured why bother. Wouldn't have been so bad if I wouldn't have had some Turkey Hill duetto mango/vanilla ice cream and then a handful of cashews! Ugh. Why oh why do I have to be the one to have to watch what I eat?! Why can't I just be like DH and not worry about calories and measuring/weighing, eating light or fat free.
I just feel so restricted by this lately and it is driving me nuts. BUT I know, with my history, if I don't measure and weigh and count, etc, I will get back up to 246 and I have worked too hard and it has taken soooo long to get under 200 again. Checked my weight this morning and it was 192.4. Ladies, I am scared to death to see 2--. Literally. I get mini panic attacks since I've started seeing 19-. How can I get over this and just focus on giving my baby the best I can, stop eating junk and just eat the good stuff. I don't know why I still have such issues with food. I have definitely changed from what I was 6 years ago, but still...I just don't know. She's still in there and she's fighting to take over.

*Sorry, that turned out a lot longer than I expected! I just needed to get it out.

Last edited by aangel22; 01-21-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:03 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

hello everyone. Cool news, my midwife got me off the prenatals. She loves the way I'm eating...so much better then with my last pregnancy. LOL
With my last pregnancy, I was eating everything but healthy. She kept trying to get me to add more healthy foods but I resisted. This time around I told her that it was due to the diet I was on before getting pregnant. I threw out everything that wasn't healthy, somethings I still have but am slowly getting rid of and I choose not to restock. but it hasn't been easy with these cravings I've been having lately. The only thing stopping me from going through with them is: There's no way I'm gonna pack all these kids in the van just to make a chocolate or chili cheese fry run. LOL We just started living on a budget, so I don't intend to spend money I swore I wouldn't touch and I'm sure not gonna use my allowance money for this. See it pays to be tight. LOL
Now she has me taking: Omega 3, Evening primrose, B-Complex, and Magnesium.
The Evening Primrose is supposed to be good for moods. Not sure if its been helping. Though I doubted and stopped taking it for a week and had bad mood swings one day, not sure if that was a sign that it was really helping or what. But I went back on it the next day and haven't had any episodes.
She also ordered me to put away my weight scale till the end of the pregnancy because I get on it too much. LOL She said that I'm eating great and exercising more (well exercising period) then with the last pregnancy so there's no need for me to weigh myself daily. So I had dh put my beloved scale in his trunk.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote