PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #16  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

Update:
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!! I cant even believe im typing this!!! but after two weeks of progesterone and vita d and ovablend.... I GOT MY PERIOD!!!! I cant even believe this.. I was on metformin for months and nothing happened... other than me being sick allll the time!... Im doing a super happy dance!! I haven't had my period in 6 maybe 7 months!

Aslo I start bootcamp next week woooo
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #17  
Low GI

Height: 5'4

Hello ladies,

Can I join in here?
freyabecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:31 AM   #18  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

interzone: welcome! And congrats on the new twins! Are they your first children/pregnancy?

2phatinvictoria: Woot! Period score! That's awesome. I think only another irregular PCOS patient would get how awesome. We're a little odd in this thread with the wooty things we woot. But def peiod woot!

freyabecca: Welcome! Anyone can hop on -- pcos patient, pcos friend. Make yourself at home here!

My Check in:

Busy like crazy. FIL had accident and went to hospital so I know I've been a bit scarce. He's out of ICU and in a regular room and on the mend but we had an internal bleeding scare so THAT was intense.

I KNEW it. I found the BLUE fitbit now (my original one that has been lost for more than a year). Sigh. Well, now every member of my family has one to use. The universe can laugh at messing with my head. Oh, well. At least if I misplace this pink one I have 2 other back ups to keep logging my fitness tracker.

I'm wearing it, but not yet at a place where I'm checking in on the exercise thread regular. But I'm trying! Go me! I'm aiming for the next 5 lbs to make it an even -25 lb lost. Then I can celebrate big and buy me new sneakers. And then do that again three more times. Right? Right. Taking this -100 lbs in -25 lb chunks.

I can, I am, I can, I am. I have PCOS, but it doesn't have to have ME.

Nyah. :P

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 05-17-2012 at 01:38 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 225/163/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2phatinvictoria View Post
Update:
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!! I cant even believe im typing this!!! but after two weeks of progesterone and vita d and ovablend.... I GOT MY PERIOD!!!! I cant even believe this.. I was on metformin for months and nothing happened... other than me being sick allll the time!... Im doing a super happy dance!! I haven't had my period in 6 maybe 7 months!

Aslo I start bootcamp next week woooo

congrats on the period!
ghlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 225/163/145

Hey soul Cysters - had major UDB last month, was on agestin last month for like 3 weeks, totally helps, am off it right now haven't bled in alike a week, but my left ovary is stinging, idk if my bleed is gonna start up again,
tired of PCOS. Real tired of it.
ghlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:07 AM   #21  
Believe in Yourself!!

S/C/G: 355/355/200

Height: 5'4 1/2

Who is here this month? Me, I'm new here.

How are you? Frustrated with my weight and can't believe I allowed myself to become this heavy. But I have to forgive my self and move forward.

How was last month? Full of fast food.

How is your PCOS management last month? Not to good, still have a hairy chin that I shave 2-3 days and haven't had a period since December, at least the DR changed my Metformin to the Er dose that way I do not have to run to the bathroom all day.

What are you going to work on in May? I am starting this new way of eating on Sunday (05/20/12). Saturday I will be preparing our (hubby and I ) food enough for 3-4 days and I will begin on Sunday mostly portion control. I would like to lose about 10 pounds before I see my Dr. in 3 weeks, with the amount of weight that I have to lose, I think that can be done.
beautifulgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:27 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 335/TICKER/180

Hi ladies I haven't posted in here but was diagnosed with Ovid
About 2 years ago. I had a baby 7 months ago and periods have been awful ever since... Until last month it was normal. I have been pregnant and/or postpartum most of the time since I was diagnosed, so I still have a lot to learn. I just started calorie counting and have lost 16 lbs so far.any help, info &/or friends would be greatly appreciated!
aasshhlleeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:30 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 335/TICKER/180

I can not figure out how to edit from
My iPhone this was supposed to say I was diagnosed with pcos not ovid :/
aasshhlleeyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 01:29 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Who is here this month? Me me me!

How are you? I am EXHAUSTED, but feeling better everyday

How was last month? Full of self-hatred

How is your PCOS management last month? I stopped all meds last month.... Was on metformin, but it wasn't even doing it's usual help with weight loss this time. I don't take BCP because I hate periods (the only thing that makes me ovulate)

What are you going to work on in May? This month, besides exercise and cal counting, I am adding things like hummus and soy products to my diet, because first, I like them, and second, I heard they have something in them that may work well for me.

Last edited by Dragonfly; 05-20-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 263/262/160

Hello my name is Jenny, and I just gorged on donuts. Let the craziness and feeling sick begin. Ugh.
Cemommster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #26  
Low GI

Hi ladies,

What is the difference between low gi diet and insulin resistance diet?
freyabecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #27  

Default Who is here this month -May 2012

Who is here this month?
Hello! I am new here. I found this site when doing some research on PCOS and IR. My name is Lori Ane.

I had a hysterectomy last October so that has been my main focus for a while, but now that I am recovered I am focusing on getting my PCOS in check again.

How are you?
I have been really tired lately. I am not sure if it is my diet, hormones, or a combination of many things. Other than that.. I am in good spirits and loving life!

What are you going to work on in May?
I am starting the IR diet and I am working on getting my exercise routing consistent.
irolena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:53 PM   #28  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Quickie -- Nice to see all you guys joining in! I'll come back later for better getting to know you posting.

I'm on the run -- SFIL moving to nursing home, and then we have a funeral this week from an unexpected quarter. My fam needs me, so I'm a bit scarce right now. Know I think of you all though in the PCOS fight!

A.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I'm back!

The crazy traveling and work commitments have quieted down (for now) and I can focus again on my weight-loss. Actually I think I've only gained a couple of pounds with all the crazy traveling and work stuff, so that's not too bad. I have put myself back on the regime, because additionally weight gain or not, I need to finish off this whole thing (the last few pounds).

I haven't been exercising and my food hasn't been terrible... I know my blood sugar hasn't been crazy when I've been measuring, but I also know that it can be better. I had a doctor's appointment for the follow up that I had to cancel because I was sick (am sick!). This cold/flu was to be expected though -- I've been fighting it for a while now so I could just get through the work stuff and now that I have.... yes... my body finally gave in.

Hello to everyone who is new! Welcome to the PCOS board! Enjoy your stay here! Focus on being healthier and the weight will follow! Don't be afraid to post... we all have our struggles and weaknesses and that's why we're here....

Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #30  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Come on over to the JUNE thread!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...ml#post4355610

A.